ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Thread (TRADE WARS EPISODE V: The Empire Strikes Back)

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Re: Trade Thread (TRADE WARS EPISODE V: The Empire Strikes Back) 

Post#441 » by Mylie10 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:11 am

ChuckDurn wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:Fultz is beyond repair and he hasn't even played yet. His shot is so broken that his coach said, "I'm old....and I've never seen anything like this."

That was in regards to the broken shot. It was asked in regards to his injury, but the shot is what has them alarmed.

From the original proposal:

"Fultz (if he's playing well)"

Yep, with the benefit of a couple more weeks and updated videos of his shot, it's definitely still broken. So clearly this condition of the deal is definitely not going to happen.

But I was responding to "if he's playing well" as the proposal at the time, not just "if he's healthy", as you're suggesting was the condition, and it wasn't as obvious then that there was zero possibility of him playing well this year.

I guess I've learned my lesson - if another fan from another team comes here and suggests an unlikely hypothetical situation, which has conditions, I'll just refuse to indulge it..... regardless of what caveats and conditions are in it.

Not at all Chuck....go ahead and propose or respond to whatever. No worries at all. If anything it makes us think and you may or may not receive some good natured ribbing. Don't let me and Coxy or anyone else keep you from posting.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#442 » by Mylie10 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:13 am

wco81 wrote:Or if Tatum played the 2. He's shot the 3 way better than most people expected but he's just sitting in the corner waiting for the kickoff so he gets good looks at the highest percentage 3.

Fultz better show something because if he doesn't, even Smith would have been a better pick. Of course a lot of teams passed over Mitchell, who would have also been a good fit. 76ers are paying Reddick a lot of money this season but it's just for one season.

Tatum is playing the 2.

Last night they started Smart, Tatum, Brown, Horford, and Baynes
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,656

Post#443 » by Coxy » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:20 am

azwfan wrote:Nick Young (1 yr $5.192m) to Chicago
for
Justin Holiday (2 yr 4.5m/4.5m)

Save a little money this year, and more importantly get a slightly better player. Holiday's 4.5m next year isn't terrible salary as we'll need a backup SG next year anyways.

Bulls free up more salary cap space next year.

I like this, nice deal for both.
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach
And1: 789

Post#444 » by ChuckDurn » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:39 am

Coxy wrote:
azwfan wrote:Nick Young (1 yr $5.192m) to Chicago
for
Justin Holiday (2 yr 4.5m/4.5m)

Save a little money this year, and more importantly get a slightly better player. Holiday's 4.5m next year isn't terrible salary as we'll need a backup SG next year anyways.

Bulls free up more salary cap space next year.

I like this, nice deal for both.

I'd definitely be up for this..... not sure how much the savings next year would matter to Chicago if they move Mirotic or others this year, but if they'd do it, I absolutely would.
If I don't have anything funny to say, can I still have a signature?
King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,375

Post#445 » by King Ken » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:59 pm

What would it take for you to take a deal for Shumpert or J.R. Smith from Cleveland?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Phase 3
Veteran
And1: 758

Post#446 » by Phase 3 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:05 pm

King Ken wrote:What would it take for you to take a deal for Shumpert or J.R. Smith from Cleveland?

A high first round pick lol. But on a serious note, I don’t see why the Warriors would have any interest in those guys. The W’s already have enough wings.
Phase 3
Veteran

Post#447 » by Phase 3 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:13 pm

Read on Twitter
Commodor
Analyst
And1: 957

Post#448 » by Commodor » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:12 pm

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/kawhi-leonard-wants-leave-san-191039119.html

I give the actual chance of this at >1%, but if he really hit the trade market, who makes an offer? Do we offer Klay & Dray?
Phase 3
Veteran

Post#449 » by Phase 3 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:20 pm

ivang101 wrote:https://uk.news.yahoo.com/kawhi-leonard-wants-leave-san-191039119.html

I give the actual chance of this at >1%, but if he really hit the trade market, who makes an offer? Do we offer Klay & Dray?

Yeah that’s not gonna happen like you said. Him and Durant play the same position. It would be kind of an odd fit. If the Warriors didn’t have Durant, I would be all over that lol.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,213

Post#450 » by wco81 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:29 pm

He's 3-4 years younger than KD and Curry so it would be a good way to add youth to the team. Maybe play him at the 2 for a few years?
Phase 3
Veteran

Post#451 » by Phase 3 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:42 pm

wco81 wrote:He's 3-4 years younger than KD and Curry so it would be a good way to add youth to the team. Maybe play him at the 2 for a few years?

I LOVE Kawhi. If his health checked out, I would probably consider trading KD for him. Yes, I know that’s NEVER going to happen. I’m just saying that’s how highly I think of him as a player and the fact that he’s only 26 is icing on the cake. If the rumors are true about him wanting out, I could see Boston going all-in to get him.
Quazza
Head Coach
And1: 1,727

Post#452 » by Quazza » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:29 am

Apparently we are interested in OQuinn
KevinMcreynolds wrote:BIG DICK BOB DOIN WORK

KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach
And1: 789

Post#453 » by ChuckDurn » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:35 am

Not a trade for us, but it looks likely that the Cavs and Kings are going to work out a deal based around Shumpert and Frye for Hill..... and if that happens, it's likely Frye will be bought out. Lots of "ifs" in that, but should that happen, I could definitely see the Warriors being interested in Frye..... the problem is, we don't have any roster spots available.

I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see a small move, maybe something like trading McGee or Jones, to free up a roster spot in order to entertain picking up a veteran buyout player such as Frye might become.....
If I don't have anything funny to say, can I still have a signature?
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,656

Post#454 » by Coxy » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:39 am

King Ken wrote:What would it take for you to take a deal for Shumpert or J.R. Smith from Cleveland?

A better way to start this conversation off, would be to outline who YOU think the Warriors would package up totalling around 23 million dollars worth of contracts in trade for those 2 guys.

I'll wait.
Phase 3
Veteran

Post#455 » by Phase 3 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:57 am

ChuckDurn wrote:Not a trade for us, but it looks likely that the Cavs and Kings are going to work out a deal based around Shumpert and Frye for Hill..... and if that happens, it's likely Frye will be bought out. Lots of "ifs" in that, but should that happen, I could definitely see the Warriors being interested in Frye..... the problem is, we don't have any roster spots available.

I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see a small move, maybe something like trading McGee or Jones, to free up a roster spot in order to entertain picking up a veteran buyout player such as Frye might become.....

Great idea Chuck. I could totally see the Warriors bringing in Frye if he’s bought out.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,185

Post#456 » by clyde21 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:32 am

ChuckDurn wrote:Not a trade for us, but it looks likely that the Cavs and Kings are going to work out a deal based around Shumpert and Frye for Hill..... and if that happens, it's likely Frye will be bought out. Lots of "ifs" in that, but should that happen, I could definitely see the Warriors being interested in Frye..... the problem is, we don't have any roster spots available.

I don't see the point in giving up one of the young guys just for a PO run with Frye. I'd rather keep McCaw or Jones, honestly.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#457 » by clyde21 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:33 am

Hypothetical scenario: after this season Boston comes to the Warriors and offers Tatum, Brown and the Lakers' pick (if they get it) for Kevin Durant.

What would you do?
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,213

Post#458 » by wco81 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:38 am

KD can opt out cant he?
clyde21
RealGM

Post#459 » by clyde21 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:14 pm

wco81 wrote:KD can opt out cant he?

Yes
Phase 3
Veteran

Post#460 » by Phase 3 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:10 pm

clyde21 wrote:Hypothetical scenario: after this season Boston comes to the Warriors and offers Tatum, Brown and the Lakers' pick (if they get it) for Kevin Durant.

What would you do?

No...Unless Steph was unhappy playing with KD.

Return to Golden State Warriors