ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Thread (TRADE WARS EPISODE V: The Empire Strikes Back)

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,216

Re: Trade Thread (TRADE WARS EPISODE IV: A NEW HOPE) 

Post#101 » by clyde21 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:18 am

gsw213 wrote:
cpower wrote:
gsw213 wrote:Do you really think they are going to trade Klay? Jerry West and the rest of the Warriors front office LOVE him. I don't see a scenario where any of the core 4 gets traded(Curry, Klay, Durant, Green). All 4 are great young players on very good contracts. Maybe Draymond has a slight chance to get traded IF he goes completely off the rails but I don't think that will happen. IMO Draymond wants to be a part of this just as much as anyone on the team...That's why trade proposals involving any of those 4 are unrealistic right now.

we dont need a core 4. Come PS time we need more defense and less offense. With KD and Curry, we are set for one of the best offensive duo ever. But our defense and depth is not there. Jordan/Pipp had Rodman/harper , Kobe/Shaq had Horry/Fisher and Duncan/Manu had Kawhi/Bowen/Horry.. etc. Not saying Klay is not great, but it's pretty much needed to win champions with defensive core.

Adding a rim protector would do wonders for the defense...that's what I hope the front office will look to do. If they can keep the core 4 while doing that, it will be off to the races.

I don't see how that's possible at this point - at least not a rim protector worth having.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#102 » by Mylie10 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:25 am

Coxy wrote:
gsw213 wrote:
Coxy wrote:My prime time, semi-obtainable but highly unlikely mid-season trade target ideas are as follows:

Taj Gibson
Jusuf Nurkic
Alex Len or Tyson Chandler
Kenneth Faried

I don't think Nurkic or Len will be available...probably not Faried either. But Gibson or Chandler might be. Gibson is on the final year of his deal and I think Chandler has a few years left on his deal. I would prefer Chandler out of those 2 but it would be tough to make the salaries work in a trade...unless the W's would be trading Iguodala. And I don't think the Warriors want to do that. He's a leader in the locker room and the organization loves him. My guess is they try to find a big on a lower salary for that reason.

Warriors deal - Andre Iguodala/Damian Jones
Suns deal - Tyson Chandler

Why for Phoenix - The Suns are young, and they have Len at C. In this deal, they get out of Tyson's 3 years worth of money and bring in Iggy for vet leadership and he's expiring this season. They also add a young big that has a bright future in Jones to back up Len.

Why for the Warriors - They need a rim protector and size at the 5. Zaza is looking really old for the Warriors (Overreaction after 2 games maybe.....lol). They lose Iggy's leadership and defence, but the need for size has become very apparent for the Warriors defence. They get a big at the very tail end of his career, but he's still better than Zaza. Losing the young Jones hurts, but that's the price.

That's a bad deal Cox. Because if you've watched Tyson Chandler the last couple years, you wouldn't do that deal.

I would like to have Chandler on a buy out, but not giving up our first round center big man of the future.....annnnd Iguodala? Bad deal.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#103 » by Mylie10 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:43 pm

Jeff Withey is an under the radar shot blocker and pretty smart player. He seems to be out of the Utah rotation early on, I wonder what it would take to grab him?
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,666

Post#104 » by Coxy » Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:08 am

Mylie10 wrote:Jeff Withey is an under the radar shot blocker and pretty smart player. He seems to be out of the Utah rotation early on, I wonder what it would take to grab him?

I doubt they'd take what wed be willing to give.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#105 » by clyde21 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:48 am

Klay Thompson for Nikola Jokic and Juancho Hernangomez.
Coxy
RealGM

Post#106 » by Coxy » Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:29 am

clyde21 wrote:Klay Thompson for Nikola Jokic and Juancho Hernangomez.

Good lord no.

If we are trading Klay Thompson, it's for a big time superstar C like Cousins. We're not breaking Klay down into smaller pieces, especially for a guy like Jokic who is years away from being a championship level C.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#107 » by clyde21 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:39 am

Coxy wrote:

Good lord no.

If we are trading Klay Thompson, it's for a big time superstar C like Cousins. We're not breaking Klay down into smaller pieces, especially for a guy like Jokic who is years away from being a championship level C.

Hmm...Jokic is freakin' legit.
Coxy
RealGM

Post#108 » by Coxy » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:29 am

clyde21 wrote:
Coxy wrote:

Good lord no.

I'm not sure he's even Denver's best C.
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#109 » by Mylie10 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:33 am

Coxy wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:Jeff Withey is an under the radar shot blocker and pretty smart player. He seems to be out of the Utah rotation early on, I wonder what it would take to grab him?

So you don't think Ian Clark (who played for them and they know) and McAdoo get it done for him? Lol

I just thought he'd be a good cheap target. The guy was a fantastic shot blocker at Kansas and played on some good teams there. He will be a solid role player at some point. Would be nice to buy low on him.

No biggie though.
Khoee wrote “
Coxy
RealGM

Post#110 » by Coxy » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:50 am

Mylie10 wrote:
Coxy wrote:

So you don't think Ian Clark (who played for them and they know) and McAdoo get it done for him? Lol

I just thought he'd be a good cheap target. The guy was a fantastic shot blocker at Kansas and played on some good teams there. He will be a solid role player at some point. Would be nice to buy low on him.

No big thought.

Yeah I guess trading those guys for a young big shot blocker would be nice, not sure why they would do it though. But hey, I'm down.
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#111 » by Mylie10 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:55 am

They probably wouldn't but I heard Withey is out of their rotation right now. So I thought their might be a window, but I seriously doubt we do anything at all until the deadline if at all.

And I truly believe Tyson Chandler is on the radar.
Khoee wrote “
clyde21
RealGM

Post#112 » by clyde21 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:09 am

Coxy wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
Coxy wrote:
Good lord no.

He's averaging 14/12 in 27 minutes and is only 21 years old. Dude's legit man. He's also a REALLY good fit for us.

I'm just spit-balling trades, though. They'd probably have to throw in a first for me to actually consider it, but I like like Jokic. Hernangomez, too.
Coxy
RealGM

Post#113 » by Coxy » Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:50 am

clyde21 wrote:
Coxy wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

He's averaging 14/12 in 27 minutes and is only 21 years old. Dude's legit man. He's also a REALLY good fit for us.

I'm just spit-balling trades, though. They'd probably have to throw in a first for me to actually consider it, but I like like Jokic. Hernangomez, too.

They also have Nurkic who's averaging 17.5 and 9, who I think is a little more athletic but definitely not as skilled as Jokic. I think Nurkic could be easier to get in trade and would fit better for us than Jokic as a defensive guy.

Either one would be good, and better than what we have. They are kinda like Brook and Robin Lopez those 2. 1 skilled offensive guy in Brook (Jokic) and 1 athletic defensive type in Robin (Nurkic).

Never watched Hernangomez though. He has a cool name, so that's a good start for me.
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#114 » by Mylie10 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:14 am

Mylie10 wrote:They probably wouldn't but I heard Withey is out of their rotation right now. So I thought their might be a window, but I seriously doubt we do anything at all until the deadline if at all.

And I truly believe Tyson Chandler is on the radar.

I'm totally wrong about Chandler. Had no idea he had two more years left on his deal after this one.
Khoee wrote “
Left*My*Heart
RealGM
And1: 641

Post#115 » by Left*My*Heart » Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:26 pm

Heard a rumor that the Warriors are looking to make a trade by the deadline, if things don't jell the way they expect or there is a glaring hole to fill. I don't know where Jones is on his rehabbing, but you would have to believe the front office would like to see him on the court before making any drastic moves, if that is even possible.

I don't think Noel is a target, because of the cap implications.
Chandler has one too many years on his contract.
Withey might be a solid option, like Mylie has pointed out.
Andre Roberstan
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,624

Post#116 » by Andre Roberstan » Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:02 pm

clyde21 wrote:
Quazza wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
He's done. I'd rather see what we have in McGee, honestly.

He looked far from done yesterday

He's done.

Clifford might be the best defensive coach in the NBA (seriously, he's incredibly underrated—the man made a top-5 defense out of a team with Al Jefferson as its primary rim protector). The fact that he's managed to make Hibbert look good again is more system than skill. Doesn't fit GSW.
Andre Roberstan
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,624

Post#117 » by Andre Roberstan » Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:03 pm

Coxy wrote:My prime time, semi-obtainable but highly unlikely mid-season trade target ideas are as follows:

Taj Gibson
Jusuf Nurkic
Alex Len or Tyson Chandler
Kenneth Faried

The others I get (except Chandler, who destroys your cap space for a couple of years and is on a horrible contract and not that good any more), but Faried? Undersized PF, not a great defender, energy/hustle big.
Phase 3
Veteran
And1: 758

Post#118 » by Phase 3 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:06 pm

Left*My*Heart wrote:Heard a rumor that the Warriors are looking to make a trade by the deadline, if things don't jell the way they expect or there is a glaring hole to fill. I don't know where Jones is on his rehabbing, but you would have to believe the front office would like to see him on the court before making any drastic moves, if that is even possible.

It's pretty obvious that the front office will have to make a move. The hole inside is just too obvious right now...and having watched Damian Jones in college, I don't think he brings the toughness that they need. I'm not saying he won't be a decent player, but he's more of a finesse type. IMO the front office is probably coming to grips with the fact that they'll probably have to trade future assets to get a deal done for a rim protector. They have been pretty adverse to "risky" trades over the years. Another factor is that Kerr was very high on Zaza and made it be known that he wanted Zaza as his center out of all the guys available after Durant signed. Sometimes admitting something is not working takes a little time. Nevertheless, I think they'll have to make a move in the near future or give McGee a shot to be that inside presence....waiting until the deadline and playing small will wear the team out IMO.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#119 » by clyde21 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:14 pm

gsw213 wrote:
Left*My*Heart wrote:Heard a rumor that the Warriors are looking to make a trade by the deadline, if things don't jell the way they expect or there is a glaring hole to fill. I don't know where Jones is on his rehabbing, but you would have to believe the front office would like to see him on the court before making any drastic moves, if that is even possible.

It's pretty obvious that the front office will have to make a move. The hole inside is just too obvious right now...and having watched Damian Jones in college, I don't think he brings the toughness that they need. I'm not saying he won't be a decent player, but he's more of a finesse type. IMO the front office is probably coming to grips with the fact that they'll probably have to trade future assets to get a deal done for a rim protector. They have been pretty adverse to "risky" trades over the years. Another factor is that Kerr was very high on Zaza and made it be known that he wanted Zaza as his center out of all the guys available after Durant signed. Sometimes admitting something is not working takes a little time. Nevertheless, I think they'll have to make a move in the near future or give McGee a shot to be that inside presence....waiting until the deadline and playing small will wear the team out IMO.

With his length, athleticism and ridiculous lateral quickness Jones has insane defensive potential. Does he have the heart and BBIQ for it, though? That's the question.

He was a pretty decent shot blocker in college though IIRC.
MikeJSmith
Ballboy
And1: 12

Post#120 » by MikeJSmith » Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:56 pm

We need an efficient center. Draymond isn't going to cut it acting as a center throughout the season & zaza is wayyyy too soft.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

Return to Golden State Warriors