ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Thread (TRADE WARS EPISODE V: The Empire Strikes Back)

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,375

Re: Trade Thread (TRADE WARS EPISODE V: The Empire Strikes Back) 

Post#1261 » by ILOVEIT » Wed Feb 5, 2020 4:03 am

I guess a lot of this depends on if the Warriors are intent on making a real run at AD or Giannis as FA's. If that's the case maybe they are only interested in lottery picks and expiring contracts so they can sign someone outright with a S&T?

BTW...anyone think the DLO acquisition didn't make sense still? Having him as a trading chip....awesome.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,112

Post#1262 » by cpower » Wed Feb 5, 2020 5:04 am

AD or Giannis is a pipe dream...Giannis will win the chip this year and I dont see him leaving after winning a ring. AD will stick with his bro Lebron. I just dont see how we can make a run at these big names.
Most likely Roco will be gone tonight, not saying he is perfect but he is like a solid pickup, if we can get a 1st pick. There is not a lot of veterans on the market for us anymore.
BW32
Lead Assistant
And1: 761

Post#1263 » by BW32 » Wed Feb 5, 2020 5:24 am

W's weren't even interested in RoCo that's why the Wolves are out there looking for multiple team trades.

The whole Covington to GS narrative is a realgm driven thing.
cpower
RealGM

Post#1264 » by cpower » Wed Feb 5, 2020 5:42 am

Wolves basically traded RoCo for a 1st..wtf seriously we can't offer something better?
BW32
Lead Assistant

Post#1265 » by BW32 » Wed Feb 5, 2020 5:47 am

cpower wrote:Wolves basically traded RoCo for a 1st..wtf seriously we can't offer something better?

Technically two firsts, they chose to trade one of them for Beasley and Juancho.
cpower
RealGM

Post#1266 » by cpower » Wed Feb 5, 2020 5:51 am

BW32 wrote:
cpower wrote:Wolves basically traded RoCo for a 1st..wtf seriously we can't offer something better?

Technically two firsts, they chose to trade one of them for Beasley and Juancho.

i dont think so. Denver got the 1st. I am confused why wolves rush to trade RoCo..is he having a career ending injury or something?
BW32
Lead Assistant

Post#1267 » by BW32 » Wed Feb 5, 2020 5:54 am

cpower wrote:
BW32 wrote:

i dont think so. Denver got the 1st. I am confused why wolves rush to trade RoCo..is he having a career ending injury or something?

That's what I said, Minnesota paid for both firsts with RoCo, they then chose to send it to Denver for their extras.

It was a 3 team trade with two picks going to Minny originally, they chose to make it a four team trade for whatever reason.
cpower
RealGM

Post#1268 » by cpower » Wed Feb 5, 2020 5:56 am

BW32 wrote:
cpower wrote:
BW32 wrote:

That's what I said, Minnesota paid for both firsts with RoCo, they then chose to send it to Denver for their extras.

It was a 3 team trade with two picks going to Minny originally, they chose to make it a four team trade for whatever reason.

it's bad pick in a weak draft anyway. Wolves gonna wolves.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,137

Post#1269 » by wco81 » Wed Feb 5, 2020 6:05 am

Well the Wolves had to make some change because they weren't going anywhere with two max contracts on the books.

I guess Houston really believes in wings and small ball. No rim protection for them or rim runner. Although the other thing is that the owner reportedly didn't want to pay the luxury tax, which they might have entered if Capella hit incentives.

I don't get what Denver is doing. Beasley is maybe the best player out of the trade, though he's an impending RFA. They must really believe Porter is going to produce for them in a playoffs rotation. Certainly a higher ceiling but with Murray recently injured and Harris supposedly having a bad year, it's interesting to give up a good guard.

There was talk that they needed some good wing defender too.
cpower
RealGM

Post#1270 » by cpower » Wed Feb 5, 2020 6:08 am

Houston wins again, gets a great 3D guy to work with Harden offense, and they will win more games.
Wolves lost their best asset and KAT will walk after this season.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,697

Post#1271 » by whatisacenter » Wed Feb 5, 2020 6:23 am

cpower wrote:Houston wins again, gets a great 3D guy to work with Harden offense, and they will win more games.

It seems like you value Covington higher than anybody else. He is a good role player who has lost a little of his defensive game already. The Rockets have zero rim protection after this move.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
Quazza
Head Coach
And1: 1,727

Post#1272 » by Quazza » Wed Feb 5, 2020 6:26 am

Rockets about to roll out the smallest starting 5 since the league ended segregation
KevinMcreynolds wrote:BIG DICK BOB DOIN WORK

KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment
cpower
RealGM

Post#1273 » by cpower » Wed Feb 5, 2020 12:47 pm

whatisacenter wrote:
cpower wrote:Houston wins again, gets a great 3D guy to work with Harden offense, and they will win more games.

It seems like you value Covington higher than anybody else. He is a good role player who has lost a little of his defensive game already. The Rockets have zero rim protection after this move.

Covington is a ceiling raiser as an elite 3D players, his advance stat shows his value. Even for a down year his on off has been great.
BayWarrior
Bench Warmer
And1: 688

Post#1274 » by BayWarrior » Wed Feb 5, 2020 10:26 pm

Knicks - Clippers - Warriors. Kicking around values before the deadline to see if there might be a trade worth getting done before the deadline or just waiting for this summer.

NY in - DLo, Looney, Evans & Patterson - out - Robinson, Randle, Morris, 2020 1RP
Why for NY? They get DLo for Robinson & 2020 1st, Looney to Replace Robinson on the cheap, Patterson (exp) & Evans as fillers and flip the Clippers FRP for Morris to GS

Clips in Morris, Burks - out - Patterson, Harkless, 2020 FRP, 2021 SRP(via Detroit)
Why for Clips? They upgrade for a title run to Morris and Burks for expirings, 2020 FRP (Morris) and 2021 SRP (Burks). 

GS in Robinson, Harkless, Randle, NY 2020 FRP, Clips 2020 FRP & 2021 SRP(via Detroit)
Why for GS? They get Robinson & 2 FRP for DLo. Harkless is an expiring and Randall is the other filler who could either fill Looney's roll or possibly pair one of the FRP and Randle for a trade on draft day. GS also saves 4.7M getting them under the Repeater tax.
Quazza
Head Coach

Post#1275 » by Quazza » Thu Feb 6, 2020 1:27 am

wow

Adrian Wojnarowski

@wojespn

Memphis has agreed to a deal to send Andre Iguodala to Miami, league source tells ESPN. Iguodala agreed to trade and has agreed to a two-year, $30M extension with Miami.

KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#1276 » by Mylie10 » Thu Feb 6, 2020 1:42 am

Quazza wrote:wow

Adrian Wojnarowski

@wojespn

Memphis has agreed to a deal to send Andre Iguodala to Miami, league source tells ESPN. Iguodala agreed to trade and has agreed to a two-year, $30M extension with Miami.

That's some serious cash. I wonder how much is guaranteed?
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
wco81
RealGM

Post#1277 » by wco81 » Thu Feb 6, 2020 1:49 am

Yeah for a 36-year old.

Miami gives out a lot of questionable contracts, like the ones for James Johnson and Dion Waiters that they're currently saddled with.

I wouldn't have thought a wing defender was a big need for them, unless Winslow is badly hurt.
Quazza
Head Coach

Post#1278 » by Quazza » Thu Feb 6, 2020 1:51 am

curious, on Iggy not reporting after the trade..... how does it effect his payments?

wco81
RealGM

Post#1279 » by wco81 » Thu Feb 6, 2020 2:12 am

Iggy has been getting his $17 million this year.

Presumably he'll report to the Heat since he's getting $15 million next season.

I'm guessing Miami won't pay him $15 million in the second year, when he'll be 38. Riley going to try to lure Giannis.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,127

Post#1280 » by clyde21 » Thu Feb 6, 2020 2:14 am

this is the only thing left that makes sense to me after the RoCo trade

GSW get: Vucevic, Okeke, 2020 1st

ORL get: D'Lo, Looney, Poole, Spellman

Return to Golden State Warriors