ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Thread (TRADE WARS EPISODE V: The Empire Strikes Back)

Moderators: floppymoose, Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair

Commodor
Rookie
Posts: 1,202
And1: 92
Joined: Jul 24, 2008
     

Re: Trade Thread (TRADE WARS EPISODE V: The Empire Strikes Back) 

Post#1361 » by Commodor » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:02 pm

I came up with this trade in another thread, wanted to see what the GSW community thought on it. Hinges on Portland deciding to blow it up. With Lillard and McCollum nearing 30, and their routine inability to contend with the elite teams, it could be the right offer is all it takes to pry them out of Rip City.

https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/7295723

Portland Out: Lillard, McCollum
Portland In: Wiggins, Horford, GSW 20' FRP, OKC 20' FRP, MIN 21' FRP, MIA 21' FRP, 21, PHI 21' FRP

Portland takes a leaf out of OKC's book and takes all the picks for stars that likely wont bring them a championship. Wiggins & Hordford are for salary matching, but Hordford could be moved again to a contender for more assets. Wiggins may pan out, or will have his contract expire by the time their new draft picks come due.

76ers out: Ben Simmons, Josh Richardson, Al Horford OKC FRP, MIA FRP, PHI FRP
76ers In: Damian Lillard, CJ McCollum

The 76ers decide they have a better chance with Embiid. Lillard and McCollum get a 3rd star they could only dream of. Along with Harris, the 76ers form a deadly scoring quartet. Given the uncertainty of Embiid's health history, the window for competing for these 4 are near exact to each other.

GSW Out: Wiggins. 20 FRP. 21 MIN FRP
GSW In: Ben Simmons, Josh Richardson

Simmons slides into a point forward role. Runs the point on offense with Klay and Curry playing more off ball, and switches to SF on defense. Richardson comes off the bench for a new era death lineup. May cause issues with spacing with Draymond, but he could be moved fairly easily to find a stretch big man if it comes down to that.
BballIntellect
Sophomore
Posts: 242
And1: 76
Joined: Sep 04, 2019
   

Re: Trade Thread (TRADE WARS EPISODE V: The Empire Strikes Back) 

Post#1362 » by BballIntellect » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:34 pm

Commodor wrote:I came up with this trade in another thread, wanted to see what the GSW community thought on it. Hinges on Portland deciding to blow it up. With Lillard and McCollum nearing 30, and their routine inability to contend with the elite teams, it could be the right offer is all it takes to pry them out of Rip City.

https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/7295723

Portland Out: Lillard, McCollum
Portland In: Wiggins, Horford, GSW 20' FRP, OKC 20' FRP, MIN 21' FRP, MIA 21' FRP, 21, PHI 21' FRP

Portland takes a leaf out of OKC's book and takes all the picks for stars that likely wont bring them a championship. Wiggins & Hordford are for salary matching, but Hordford could be moved again to a contender for more assets. Wiggins may pan out, or will have his contract expire by the time their new draft picks come due.

76ers out: Ben Simmons, Josh Richardson, Al Horford OKC FRP, MIA FRP, PHI FRP
76ers In: Damian Lillard, CJ McCollum

The 76ers decide they have a better chance with Embiid. Lillard and McCollum get a 3rd star they could only dream of. Along with Harris, the 76ers form a deadly scoring quartet. Given the uncertainty of Embiid's health history, the window for competing for these 4 are near exact to each other.

GSW Out: Wiggins. 20 FRP. 21 MIN FRP
GSW In: Ben Simmons, Josh Richardson

Simmons slides into a point forward role. Runs the point on offense with Klay and Curry playing more off ball, and switches to SF on defense. Richardson comes off the bench for a new era death lineup. May cause issues with spacing with Draymond, but he could be moved fairly easily to find a stretch big man if it comes down to that.


There's no way in hell the Sixers make that trade. If you're the Warriors, you jump on it obviously.
Commodor
Rookie
Posts: 1,202
And1: 92
Joined: Jul 24, 2008
     

Re: Trade Thread (TRADE WARS EPISODE V: The Empire Strikes Back) 

Post#1363 » by Commodor » Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:12 pm

BballIntellect wrote:
Commodor wrote:I came up with this trade in another thread, wanted to see what the GSW community thought on it. Hinges on Portland deciding to blow it up. With Lillard and McCollum nearing 30, and their routine inability to contend with the elite teams, it could be the right offer is all it takes to pry them out of Rip City.

https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/7295723

Portland Out: Lillard, McCollum
Portland In: Wiggins, Horford, GSW 20' FRP, OKC 20' FRP, MIN 21' FRP, MIA 21' FRP, 21, PHI 21' FRP

Portland takes a leaf out of OKC's book and takes all the picks for stars that likely wont bring them a championship. Wiggins & Hordford are for salary matching, but Hordford could be moved again to a contender for more assets. Wiggins may pan out, or will have his contract expire by the time their new draft picks come due.

76ers out: Ben Simmons, Josh Richardson, Al Horford OKC FRP, MIA FRP, PHI FRP
76ers In: Damian Lillard, CJ McCollum

The 76ers decide they have a better chance with Embiid. Lillard and McCollum get a 3rd star they could only dream of. Along with Harris, the 76ers form a deadly scoring quartet. Given the uncertainty of Embiid's health history, the window for competing for these 4 are near exact to each other.

GSW Out: Wiggins. 20 FRP. 21 MIN FRP
GSW In: Ben Simmons, Josh Richardson

Simmons slides into a point forward role. Runs the point on offense with Klay and Curry playing more off ball, and switches to SF on defense. Richardson comes off the bench for a new era death lineup. May cause issues with spacing with Draymond, but he could be moved fairly easily to find a stretch big man if it comes down to that.


There's no way in hell the Sixers make that trade. If you're the Warriors, you jump on it obviously.


Care to elaborate on why it's bad for PHI?

They upgrade Simmons and Richardson while building a more complimentary core for Embiid. Losing Horford gives them back some cap flexibility, and the 3 picks are all non-lotto picks.

I was worried it was not enough for Portland.
User avatar
Coxy
RealGM
Posts: 39,265
And1: 9,191
Joined: Jun 17, 2008
Location: Brought to you by the Splash Fam
   

Re: Trade Thread (TRADE WARS EPISODE V: The Empire Strikes Back) 

Post#1364 » by Coxy » Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:00 pm

Lol @ Portland getting Wiggins, Horford and 5 1st round picks in the next 2 drafts for Lillard and CJ.

They’d have their own as well, so 6 1sts in 2 years, that’s hilarious.
Chris Porter's Hair wrote:but in a startling development the General board didn't agree.
User avatar
Coxy
RealGM
Posts: 39,265
And1: 9,191
Joined: Jun 17, 2008
Location: Brought to you by the Splash Fam
   

Re: Trade Thread (TRADE WARS EPISODE V: The Empire Strikes Back) 

Post#1365 » by Coxy » Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:04 pm

They should trade Nurk for a further 3 x 1sts as well, just go full Hinkie. Try to monopolise the entire lottery for a couple of years.
Chris Porter's Hair wrote:but in a startling development the General board didn't agree.
Commodor
Rookie
Posts: 1,202
And1: 92
Joined: Jul 24, 2008
     

Re: Trade Thread (TRADE WARS EPISODE V: The Empire Strikes Back) 

Post#1366 » by Commodor » Wed May 13, 2020 7:48 pm

Anyone else following the Bleacher Report Fantasy League?

A couple notes from early transactions that are relevant:
1. There was a fantasy Lottery, which gave GSW the #1 pick and set the overall draft order.
2. ATL traded with BOS Clint Capela for Marcus Smart + Robert Williams

Our assigned GM executed a trade last night, let's see what the board thinks:

GSW Out: 2020 #1, Jordan Poole
GSW In: CLE FRP (#3), Marcus Smart

ATL Out: Marcus Smart, John Collins, 2020 FRP (#6)
ATL In: GSW #1, 2022 MIL FRP, Jordan Poole, Cedi Osman

CLE Out: Cedi Osman, CLE #3, 2022 FRP MIL
CLE In: John Collins, ATL #6
ChuckDurn
Veteran
Posts: 2,854
And1: 372
Joined: May 13, 2011

Re: Trade Thread (TRADE WARS EPISODE V: The Empire Strikes Back) 

Post#1367 » by ChuckDurn » Wed May 13, 2020 8:13 pm

Commodor wrote:Anyone else following the Bleacher Report Fantasy League?

A couple notes from early transactions that are relevant:
1. There was a fantasy Lottery, which gave GSW the #1 pick and set the overall draft order.
2. ATL traded with BOS Clint Capela for Marcus Smart + Robert Williams

Our assigned GM executed a trade last night, let's see what the board thinks:

GSW Out: 2020 #1, Jordan Poole
GSW In: CLE FRP (#3), Marcus Smart

ATL Out: Marcus Smart, John Collins, 2020 FRP (#6)
ATL In: GSW #1, 2022 MIL FRP, Jordan Poole, Cedi Osman

CLE Out: Cedi Osman, CLE #3, 2022 FRP MIL
CLE In: John Collins, ATL #6

As a Warriors fan, I do that deal in a heartbeat. (Smart has to get absorbed into the TPE, which technically can't happen until "July 7th" or so, so there'd be a lot of teams drafting on other teams' behalf on this. But assuming nobody gets cold feet......)

Picking up Smart for the relatively low cost of dropping from 1 to 3 in the draft (though also giving up Poole) would be a steal. There's no obvious #1 and #2 pick, so it's quite possible that whoever the Warriors want might still be available at 3 anyway. Deal.

Apparently Atlanta just wants to keep drafting players and not getting any experienced leaders in this scenario, though...... Team-building it makes no sense for them.....
If I don't have anything funny to say, can I still have a signature?
ILOVEIT
RealGM
Posts: 10,226
And1: 1,695
Joined: May 28, 2004

Re: Trade Thread (TRADE WARS EPISODE V: The Empire Strikes Back) 

Post#1368 » by ILOVEIT » Wed May 13, 2020 10:26 pm

For second round picks...for sure.
Looking forward to 2073....bye bye pouting moody Durant...hello again the 73 win style of hoops!
jayu70
RealGM
Posts: 10,590
And1: 7,636
Joined: Mar 11, 2014
   

Re: Trade Thread (TRADE WARS EPISODE V: The Empire Strikes Back) 

Post#1369 » by jayu70 » Fri May 15, 2020 12:44 am

ChuckDurn wrote:
Commodor wrote:Anyone else following the Bleacher Report Fantasy League?

A couple notes from early transactions that are relevant:
1. There was a fantasy Lottery, which gave GSW the #1 pick and set the overall draft order.
2. ATL traded with BOS Clint Capela for Marcus Smart + Robert Williams

Our assigned GM executed a trade last night, let's see what the board thinks:

GSW Out: 2020 #1, Jordan Poole
GSW In: CLE FRP (#3), Marcus Smart

ATL Out: Marcus Smart, John Collins, 2020 FRP (#6)
ATL In: GSW #1, 2022 MIL FRP, Jordan Poole, Cedi Osman

CLE Out: Cedi Osman, CLE #3, 2022 FRP MIL
CLE In: John Collins, ATL #6

As a Warriors fan, I do that deal in a heartbeat. (Smart has to get absorbed into the TPE, which technically can't happen until "July 7th" or so, so there'd be a lot of teams drafting on other teams' behalf on this. But assuming nobody gets cold feet......)

Picking up Smart for the relatively low cost of dropping from 1 to 3 in the draft (though also giving up Poole) would be a steal. There's no obvious #1 and #2 pick, so it's quite possible that whoever the Warriors want might still be available at 3 anyway. Deal.

Apparently Atlanta just wants to keep drafting players and not getting any experienced leaders in this scenario, though...... Team-building it makes no sense for them.....

Atlanta is trying to move out of their rebuild, so they'll pass on that trade. The GM has said he'll take BPA with their 1st round pick, not looking to add many more 20/21 year olds but rather use the $49 million in capspace to add mid-20s players either via trade or FAcy to add to the young core of players currently on the roster.
ChuckDurn
Veteran
Posts: 2,854
And1: 372
Joined: May 13, 2011

Re: Trade Thread (TRADE WARS EPISODE V: The Empire Strikes Back) 

Post#1370 » by ChuckDurn » Fri May 15, 2020 7:42 pm

jayu70 wrote:
ChuckDurn wrote:
Commodor wrote:Anyone else following the Bleacher Report Fantasy League?

A couple notes from early transactions that are relevant:
1. There was a fantasy Lottery, which gave GSW the #1 pick and set the overall draft order.
2. ATL traded with BOS Clint Capela for Marcus Smart + Robert Williams

Our assigned GM executed a trade last night, let's see what the board thinks:

GSW Out: 2020 #1, Jordan Poole
GSW In: CLE FRP (#3), Marcus Smart

ATL Out: Marcus Smart, John Collins, 2020 FRP (#6)
ATL In: GSW #1, 2022 MIL FRP, Jordan Poole, Cedi Osman

CLE Out: Cedi Osman, CLE #3, 2022 FRP MIL
CLE In: John Collins, ATL #6

As a Warriors fan, I do that deal in a heartbeat. (Smart has to get absorbed into the TPE, which technically can't happen until "July 7th" or so, so there'd be a lot of teams drafting on other teams' behalf on this. But assuming nobody gets cold feet......)

Picking up Smart for the relatively low cost of dropping from 1 to 3 in the draft (though also giving up Poole) would be a steal. There's no obvious #1 and #2 pick, so it's quite possible that whoever the Warriors want might still be available at 3 anyway. Deal.

Apparently Atlanta just wants to keep drafting players and not getting any experienced leaders in this scenario, though...... Team-building it makes no sense for them.....

Atlanta is trying to move out of their rebuild, so they'll pass on that trade. The GM has said he'll take BPA with their 1st round pick, not looking to add many more 20/21 year olds but rather use the $49 million in capspace to add mid-20s players either via trade or FAcy to add to the young core of players currently on the roster.

Yep, that’s what I was getting at. At some point, Atlanta’s gotta get a little more experience on their roster, and not just keep trading for future draft picks. I agree, I doubt they’d be interested in a deal such as this.
If I don't have anything funny to say, can I still have a signature?
shazam_guy
Analyst
Posts: 3,717
And1: 352
Joined: Feb 03, 2009

Re: Trade Thread (TRADE WARS EPISODE V: The Empire Strikes Back) 

Post#1371 » by shazam_guy » Fri May 15, 2020 9:36 pm

is it me, or are the same people complaining about Kendall Nunn slipping off the Ws to the Heat the same people (or at least the same sort) who want to trade Jordan Poole after one abbreviated season?

Anybody can do hindsight. It's a form of magical thinking.
User avatar
AdonalFoyle4Prez
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,995
And1: 129
Joined: Jul 14, 2006

Re: Trade Thread (TRADE WARS EPISODE V: The Empire Strikes Back) 

Post#1372 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Tue May 19, 2020 10:03 pm

Bored out of my mind, and kept thinking of ways to get Giannis and other trade scenarios (Bring the hate and negativity; I can handle it!).

Image
*** Draft Picks aren't included, but we'd imagine giving up this year's and 2021 1st Round Pick to Milwaukee. And I know ya'll want Green to stay as "The heartbeat of the team," but just wanted to add some unnecessary stress. :lol:

Starting 5 & Depth (Or lackthereof):

PG - Curry/
SG - Thompson
SF - Jae Crowder or Marcus Morris
PF - Giannis
C - Gobert

Yeah, our bench has been depleted, but it takes big sacrifices to get what you want in this league (Albeit, a smart move). But, I think with that lineup, more veterans will want to come here and be on 1-year minimum or less deals (aka All-in) to win it all (once again).
wco81
General Manager
Posts: 9,854
And1: 3,085
Joined: Jul 04, 2013
     

Re: Trade Thread (TRADE WARS EPISODE V: The Empire Strikes Back) 

Post#1373 » by wco81 » Tue May 19, 2020 10:10 pm

Really wonder if Jazz will extend Gobert.

If they have playoffs this year and Jazz again fail to get out of the first or second round, do they double down, knowing they have to pay Mitchell?
User avatar
Mylie10
RealGM
Posts: 38,237
And1: 8,411
Joined: Sep 16, 2005
Location: * Chokers! *
Contact:
     

Re: Trade Thread (TRADE WARS EPISODE V: The Empire Strikes Back) 

Post#1374 » by Mylie10 » Wed May 20, 2020 2:12 am

wco81 wrote:Really wonder if Jazz will extend Gobert.

If they have playoffs this year and Jazz again fail to get out of the first or second round, do they double down, knowing they have to pay Mitchell?


Yeah thats kind of the key with them. Utah needs to find a way to get into, or close to the Conference Finals in order to validate the guys on their roster who need to get paid.

Like if they take the Lakers or Clippers to 7 games in a series and ultimately lose it, then I think you can argue paying both of them and trying to add another piece or two.

Honestly though.... This is the Clippers or Lakers to take the West this year and Utah just isn't quite there with them as of now. Denver either for that matter.
Quazza - Zion was kinda like watching an old Godzilla movie where hes just walking around a miniature city and smashing everything
Warriors Analyst
Veteran
Posts: 2,558
And1: 566
Joined: May 16, 2005

Re: Trade Thread (TRADE WARS EPISODE V: The Empire Strikes Back) 

Post#1375 » by Warriors Analyst » Wed May 20, 2020 8:57 am

AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:Bored out of my mind, and kept thinking of ways to get Giannis and other trade scenarios (Bring the hate and negativity; I can handle it!).

Image
*** Draft Picks aren't included, but we'd imagine giving up this year's and 2021 1st Round Pick to Milwaukee. And I know ya'll want Green to stay as "The heartbeat of the team," but just wanted to add some unnecessary stress. :lol:

Starting 5 & Depth (Or lackthereof):

PG - Curry/
SG - Thompson
SF - Jae Crowder or Marcus Morris
PF - Giannis
C - Gobert

Yeah, our bench has been depleted, but it takes big sacrifices to get what you want in this league (Albeit, a smart move). But, I think with that lineup, more veterans will want to come here and be on 1-year minimum or less deals (aka All-in) to win it all (once again).


This is so unrealistic and awful for the other teams that it’s not even worth discussion.
The-Power
Head Coach
Posts: 6,119
And1: 5,247
Joined: Jan 03, 2014
Location: Germany
   

Re: Trade Thread (TRADE WARS EPISODE V: The Empire Strikes Back) 

Post#1376 » by The-Power » Wed May 20, 2020 2:21 pm

I'd make some tweaks to this trade.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y9mpf5os

Curry, Thompson, Doncic, Green and Giannis with Tatum off the bench. Use picks as required.
donkeylips
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,842
And1: 685
Joined: Apr 22, 2010

Re: Trade Thread (TRADE WARS EPISODE V: The Empire Strikes Back) 

Post#1377 » by donkeylips » Wed May 20, 2020 3:38 pm

Commodor wrote:Anyone else following the Bleacher Report Fantasy League?

A couple notes from early transactions that are relevant:
1. There was a fantasy Lottery, which gave GSW the #1 pick and set the overall draft order.
2. ATL traded with BOS Clint Capela for Marcus Smart + Robert Williams

Our assigned GM executed a trade last night, let's see what the board thinks:

GSW Out: 2020 #1, Jordan Poole
GSW In: CLE FRP (#3), Marcus Smart

ATL Out: Marcus Smart, John Collins, 2020 FRP (#6)
ATL In: GSW #1, 2022 MIL FRP, Jordan Poole, Cedi Osman

CLE Out: Cedi Osman, CLE #3, 2022 FRP MIL
CLE In: John Collins, ATL #6


i would definitely do that for the warriors. I'm not sure why the hawks would.
I can hawk a loogie eight feet in the air and catch it with my tongue.
User avatar
Mylie10
RealGM
Posts: 38,237
And1: 8,411
Joined: Sep 16, 2005
Location: * Chokers! *
Contact:
     

Re: Trade Thread (TRADE WARS EPISODE V: The Empire Strikes Back) 

Post#1378 » by Mylie10 » Wed May 20, 2020 3:47 pm

The-Power wrote:I'd make some tweaks to this trade.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y9mpf5os

Curry, Thompson, Doncic, Green and Giannis with Tatum off the bench. Use picks as required.


Where's the green font?
Quazza - Zion was kinda like watching an old Godzilla movie where hes just walking around a miniature city and smashing everything
User avatar
Chris Porter's Hair
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
Posts: 6,965
And1: 2,051
Joined: Jul 09, 2004
Location: San Mateo, CA

Re: Trade Thread (TRADE WARS EPISODE V: The Empire Strikes Back) 

Post#1379 » by Chris Porter's Hair » Wed May 20, 2020 8:59 pm

Does anyone here follow the Trades board? I hadn't looked in a while, and when I recently did, like half the trades are some variant of:
Warriors give: Wiggins, 2020 first round pick
Warriors get: a bunch of random garbage

Why for the Warriors: they get out of Wiggins contract and get "depth"

Am I alone in thinking this makes no sense at all? It amounts to tapping out and saying, "We aren't going to win, so who cares if we get worse, at least Lacob will save some money." It puts us in no better position to build a contender, and arguably harms those chances greatly by giving away a high 1st. And some of the variants also have us giving away the Minnesota pick for next year.
Image

crzyyafrican makes the best sigs, quite frankly
xdrta+
Analyst
Posts: 3,345
And1: 2,337
Joined: Jun 18, 2018

Re: Trade Thread (TRADE WARS EPISODE V: The Empire Strikes Back) 

Post#1380 » by xdrta+ » Wed May 20, 2020 9:35 pm

Chris Porter's Hair wrote:Does anyone here follow the Trades board? I hadn't looked in a while, and when I recently did, like half the trades are some variant of:
Warriors give: Wiggins, 2020 first round pick
Warriors get: a bunch of random garbage

Why for the Warriors: they get out of Wiggins contract and get "depth"

Am I alone in thinking this makes no sense at all? It amounts to tapping out and saying, "We aren't going to win, so who cares if we get worse, at least Lacob will save some money." It puts us in no better position to build a contender, and arguably harms those chances greatly by giving away a high 1st. And some of the variants also have us giving away the Minnesota pick for next year.


Unless they can get some ridiculous offer (most unlikely) I don't want to see them trade Wiggins at all. And certainly not with a 1st rd pick.

Return to Golden State Warriors