ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Thread (TRADE WARS EPISODE V: The Empire Strikes Back)

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

ShayDee
Rookie
And1: 260

Re: Trade Thread (TRADE WARS EPISODE V: The Empire Strikes Back) 

Post#1501 » by ShayDee » Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:45 am

After today and the bubble he is going to be their starting SG, unless they trade for Beal

I think they field a team of

Kyrie Levert Harris KD DJ barring any trades
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,259

Post#1502 » by wco81 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:37 am

They can’t all eat unless they mostly play second unit.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#1503 » by Mylie10 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:57 pm

I get the feeling Harris is gone.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
ShayDee
Rookie

Post#1504 » by ShayDee » Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:10 pm

Nets want to keep him at all cost. The supes guy said they want to dump Prince to free up money
vetmin
Junior
And1: 131

Post#1505 » by vetmin » Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:22 pm

ShayDee wrote:Nets want to keep him at all cost. The supes guy said they want to dump Prince to free up money

Yeah i figured. I actually wouldnt mind prince behind wiggins. He seems like the kind of guy who could shine with us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#1506 » by Scoots1994 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:38 pm

vetmin wrote:
ShayDee wrote:Nets want to keep him at all cost. The supes guy said they want to dump Prince to free up money

Yeah i figured. I actually wouldnt mind prince behind wiggins. He seems like the kind of guy who could shine with us

Agreed
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,248

Post#1507 » by xdrta+ » Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:44 pm

Scoots1994 wrote:
vetmin wrote:

Agreed

I kind of like Prince too. If they really want to dump him, give them a crappy 2nd for him and use most of the trade exception. Because I don't think we're going to get a real difference maker for nothing.
ShayDee
Rookie

Post#1508 » by ShayDee » Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:52 pm

xdrta+ wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:
vetmin wrote:Yeah i figured. I actually wouldnt mind prince behind wiggins. He seems like the kind of guy who could shine with us

Agreed

I kind of like Prince too. If they really want to dump him, give them a crappy 2nd for him and use most of the trade exception. Because I don't think we're going to get a real difference maker for nothing.

Prince is actually a negative contract with 2 years left in this pandemic. Nets payroll is Extremely high and like I said they want to free room for Harris at all cost. You just can't loose elite shooters in this league. No team wants Prince atm and Nets need attach a 1st to actually dump him.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,259

Post#1509 » by wco81 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:01 pm

Prince actually had a good game defending KD once in Oakland I recall.

Plus he hits 3s at a good clip.

Thing is, Nets have several players who need the ball -- Kyrie, KD, Levert, Dinwiddie.

OK, you can put Levert and Dinwiddie on the second unit but Dinwiddie is set to make $11 and $12 million the next two seasons with the second year a player option and Levert is set to make $16.2, $17.5 and $18.8 million the next 3 seasons.

Prince is set to make $13.9 and $15 million the next two seasons.

DeAndre Jordan is making $10.4, $9.9 and $9.8 million the next 3 seasons.

Joe Harris is a UFA after this season, in which he made $7.6 million. Doesn't seem like they'd give him a big contract given all the other players under contract for at least the next two seasons.

I guess it could work if KD doesn't come back fully and isn't able to put in 30-35 MPG at insane scoring levels. Then they will need more shotmakers like Dinwiddie and Levert to back up Kyrie.

They have a very rich owner so maybe they carry a huge payroll. But if that team isn't contending for at least the East next year, they may definitely look to move at least Dinwiddie and Prince since they will both be on expiring deals.

I don't know how Harris defends but he definitely can be a Splash Brother. Warriors can't afford him out of free agency unless he takes a below market deal to come here but he hasn't made big money in his career so it's unlikely.
ShayDee
Rookie

Post#1510 » by ShayDee » Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:25 pm

wco81 wrote:Prince actually had a good game defending KD once in Oakland I recall.

Thing is, Nets have several players who need the ball -- Kyrie, KD, Levert, Dinwiddie.

OK, you can put Levert and Dinwiddie on the second unit but Dinwiddie is set to make $11 and $12 million the next two seasons with the second year a player option and Levert is set to make $16.2, $17.5 and $18.8 million the next 3 seasons.

Joe Harris is a UFA after this season, in which he made $7.6 million. Doesn't seem like they'd give him a big contract given all the other players under contract for at least the next two seasons.

I guess it could work if KD doesn't come back fully and isn't able to put in 30-35 MPG at insane scoring levels. Then they will need more shotmakers like Dinwiddie and Levert to back up Kyrie.

They have a very rich owner so maybe they carry a huge payroll. But if that team isn't contending for at least the East next year, they may definitely look to move at least Dinwiddie and Prince since they will both be on expiring deals.

I don't know how Harris defends but he definitely can be a Splash Brother. Warriors can't afford him out of free agency unless he takes a below market deal to come here but he hasn't made big money in his career so it's unlikely.

The rumor also said Harris wants to stay in NY. So he is going to re-sign with either Knicks/Nets, just a matter of whoever gives him more money which all goes back to the Nets needing to dump Prince if they don't want to pay a hefty Luxury tax with the Pandemic. I think he will receive offers at around 15-20mil
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,248

Post#1511 » by xdrta+ » Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:34 pm

ShayDee wrote:
wco81 wrote:Prince actually had a good game defending KD once in Oakland I recall.

The rumor also said Harris wants to stay in NY. So he is going to re-sign with either Knicks/Nets, just a matter of whoever gives him more money which all goes back to the Nets needing to dump Prince if they don't want to pay a hefty Luxury tax with the Pandemic. I think he will receive offers at around 15-20mil

Here's what Sean Marks said about Harris.

“Priority No. 1,” Marks said of locking up Harris, per Brian Lewis of The New York Post. “It’s that simple, yeah. … Signing him and seeing him with this group will certainly be a priority for us.”
https://nypost.com/2020/08/14/sean-marks-keeping-joe-harris-priority-no-1-for-nets/
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#1512 » by Scoots1994 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:51 am

xdrta+ wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:
vetmin wrote:Yeah i figured. I actually wouldnt mind prince behind wiggins. He seems like the kind of guy who could shine with us

Agreed

Only possible way to get good players for nothing is from an eastern conference team desperate to dump salary, and the Warriors are one of the few teams with cap space and willingness to eat it.
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,745

Post#1513 » by azwfan » Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:23 am

ShayDee wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:
Agreed

Prince is actually a negative contract with 2 years left in this pandemic. Nets payroll is Extremely high and like I said they want to free room for Harris at all cost. You just can't loose elite shooters in this league. No team wants Prince atm and Nets need attach a 1st to actually dump him.

If Prince were expiring I might be interested (if nothing else out there) but think Im with the rest of the league - its gonna take a 1st to get me interested in taking the rest of his contract... preferably a future 1st (2024).
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
vetmin
Junior
And1: 131

Trade Thread (TRADE WARS EPISODE V: The Empire Strikes Back) 

Post#1514 » by vetmin » Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:07 am

azwfan wrote:
ShayDee wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:

If Prince were expiring I might be interested (if nothing else out there) but think Im with the rest of the league - its gonna take a 1st to get me interested in taking the rest of his contract... preferably a future 1st (2024).

For us, I feel like expirings are less valuable, since that’s less time we have to use it in a trade. Kinda like how we’ve aggressively worked to preserve KD’s cap slot thru DLo and then Wiggins, from a team building perspective itd be wise to keep that TPE space alive as long as we can.

azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,745

Post#1515 » by azwfan » Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:13 am

vetmin wrote:
azwfan wrote:
ShayDee wrote:

For us, I feel like expirings are less valuable, since that’s less time we have to use it in a trade. Kinda like how we’ve aggressively worked to preserve KD’s cap slot thru DLo and then Wiggins, from a team building perspective itd be wise to keep that TPE space alive as long as we can.

Expiring (overpaid) player is worth more in trade than 2-year (overpaid) player (especially in this economic environment). Thats why I’d rather have him with a 1-year deal.

Edit: ... and we can even resign him if we want to keep him to trade later.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
Dubbsy
Freshman
And1: 13

Post#1516 » by Dubbsy » Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:41 pm

What is the best a trade package of Wiggins + Paschall + GSW pick + 2021 Minn Pick can net us?
ShayDee
Rookie

Post#1517 » by ShayDee » Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:53 pm

Dubbsy wrote:What is the best a trade package of Wiggins + Paschall + GSW pick + 2021 Minn Pick can net us?

AD if he wants out and uses his player option instead of sign and trade, Embiid?, PG? That trade package is actually pretty good and I would only use it for star players, just that people might view Wiggins contract as negative and we would need to add at least 1 more pick but being realistic not many options for star players
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#1518 » by Mylie10 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:04 am

To take on Wiggins, the other team has to be willing to move on from whatever situation they find themselves in. That’s why you see the Embiid and Simmons ideas, because of the perceived notion they they might tear it up.

Personally I’m not a huge Embiid fan and wouldn’t give up so much to bring him in. The reason I’m down on him is injury potential.

Those two draft picks we have could become extremely good and valued players. If those picks are homeruns your franchise is set up well. So I have to get an extremely good player, who happens to be in a somewhat sketchy situation with his team.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#1519 » by Scoots1994 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:19 am

Mylie10 wrote:To take on Wiggins, the other team has to be willing to move on from whatever situation they find themselves in. That’s why you see the Embiid and Simmons ideas, because of the perceived notion they they might tear it up.

Personally I’m not a huge Embiid fan and wouldn’t give up so much to bring him in. The reason I’m down on him is injury potential.

Those two draft picks we have could become extremely good and valued players. If those picks are homeruns your franchise is set up well. So I have to get an extremely good player, who happens to be in a somewhat sketchy situation with his team.

And that list is incredibly short.
Dubbsy
Freshman
And1: 13

Post#1520 » by Dubbsy » Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:28 am

And I would only do it for an upgrade at wing for a star player.

Im actually growing on Wiggins. Either its my bias or I believe Minny was ran like a dumpster fire I want to see what he has with Curry and Klay.

Return to Golden State Warriors