ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Thread (TRADE WARS EPISODE V: The Empire Strikes Back)

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Re: Trade Thread (TRADE WARS EPISODE V: The Empire Strikes Back) 

Post#1901 » by Mylie10 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:58 pm

zimpy27 wrote:
ShayDee wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:Trade TPE and pick #2 to Chicago for Satoransky and Lauri (16.7m combined).

Curry, Klay, Wiggins, Green, Lauri
Satoransky, 10m TPE, MLE, Paschall, Looney

TPE + #2 for Coby White and WCJ sounds alot better

Curry, Klay, Wiggins, Green, WCJ
White, 10m TPE, MLE, Paschall, Looney

Btw I do not understand what you mean by 10m TPE. We have 17.2m TPE and MLE. Where did 10m TPE come from?

Oh it was meant to be 2m. I thought warriors have a 2m TPE also.

Yeah that trade sounds better but not sure what's fair. I think bulls have the best combination of players to get back from the #2 pick and the TPE. Honestly, they have a number of competing young players that could be better than they are in a new system.

Since we are lacking depth, I want the TPE to stand alone from the number 2 pick. I want two legit players their, not some meh trade package using both.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,254

Post#1902 » by wco81 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:22 pm

Well Donovan may want to keep certain players so maybe Bulls don't make big trades, especially their younger players.
Upperclass
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,776

Post#1903 » by Upperclass » Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:55 am

Lauri for Draymond would be very interesting..
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,661

Post#1904 » by Coxy » Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:59 am

Upperclass wrote:Lauri for Draymond would be very interesting..

Yeah, for the Bulls it would. For us, it sucks beyond words.

Upperclass go give yourself an uppercut.
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#1905 » by Mylie10 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:11 pm

Coxy wrote:
Upperclass wrote:Lauri for Draymond would be very interesting..

Yeah, for the Bulls it would. For us, it sucks beyond words.

Upperclass go give yourself an uppercut.

Lol’d at that visual
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
jason bourne
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Post#1906 » by jason bourne » Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:58 pm

What a shakeup. Tobias Harris as PF. I have a hard time seeing Ben Simmons as James Harden. Hm... "The Sixers would be willing to make trades to meet the demands of D'Antoni's system."

"The Philadelphia 76ers ownership group reportedly wants to hire Mike D'Antoni as the franchise's next head coach, sources told Keith Pompey of The Philadelphia Inquirer.

Sources add that it's difficult to tell who is in charge of the hire, with the ownership group becoming involved with the process earlier than expected.

D'Antoni has met with Sixers' ownership for a first round of interviews, and would reportedly have to bomb his second round to not be offered the job.

Playing-wise, Joel Embiid is said to be happy with the potential hire as he would be facing the basket more than posting up in D'Antoni's system.

D'Antoni would also move Tobias Harris back to power forward.

The Sixers would be willing to make trades to meet the demands of D'Antoni's system.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/259703/Mike-DAntoni-Favored-By-Sixers-Ownership-Group-Would-Make-Trades-If-Hired-As-Coach
“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.” Peter Thiel

ImageImage
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,749

Post#1907 » by gswhoops » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:13 pm

Dipo and Myles Turner supposedly both asking out of Indy.

Would love to flip the TPE for a big expiring and then off for Turner with whatever sweetener is mutually agreeable
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#1908 » by Mylie10 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:16 pm

Small rumor about Oladipo and Turner to the Celtics for Hayward and a package.

Turners defense and Oladipo would make the Celtics very scary.
Khoee wrote “
AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst
And1: 363

Post#1909 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:18 pm

gswhoops wrote:Dipo and Myles Turner supposedly both asking out of Indy.

Would love to flip the TPE for a big expiring and then off for Turner with whatever sweetener is mutually agreeable

Sources? I don't see that anywhere.
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1910 » by gswhoops » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:22 pm

AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:
gswhoops wrote:Dipo and Myles Turner supposedly both asking out of Indy.

Sources? I don't see that anywhere.

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Coxy
RealGM

Post#1911 » by Coxy » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:53 pm

Mylie10 wrote:Small rumor about Oladipo and Turner to the Celtics for Hayward and a package.

Turner makes a massive amount of sense for Boston, but Dipo? That is a lot of cooks in the kitchen on the wings and back court.

I deal of Hayward for Turner with whatever added each side to get it done makes a tonne of sense for both teams. I think Indy would love to add Hayward.
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#1912 » by Mylie10 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:34 pm

Coxy wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:Small rumor about Oladipo and Turner to the Celtics for Hayward and a package.

Turner makes a massive amount of sense for Boston, but Dipo? That is a lot of cooks in the kitchen on the wings and back court.

I deal of Hayward for Turner with whatever added each side to get it done makes a tonne of sense for both teams. I think Indy would love to add Hayward.

Yeah you’re probably right. But if they deal Smart to us for the TPE they could do this;

Kemba
Dipo
Tatum
Brown
Turner

That’s friggen lethal
Khoee wrote “
Coxy
RealGM

Post#1913 » by Coxy » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:38 pm

Mylie10 wrote:
Coxy wrote:

Yeah you’re probably right. But if they deal Smart to us for the TPE they could do this;

Kemba
Dipo
Tatum
Brown
Turner

That’s friggen lethal

Low key profiteering to make Boston lethal. You're a sneaky businessman Cyrus.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,254

Post#1914 » by wco81 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:13 pm

Coxy wrote:

But where does it make sense for Indy to trade off two of their best players to a EC rival?

I get it that small market club has limited options but having to play them 4 times a year could come back to haunt them.

They made out okay with the PG13 trade but can they get lucky again?

I can also see how Hayward might be appealing to them since he's from Indiana.

But he's aging and after his injuries, may not be the same player, though he might still want big money.
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#1915 » by Mylie10 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:15 pm

Those two players want out of Indiana though. So it could make some sense
Khoee wrote “
Coxy
RealGM

Post#1916 » by Coxy » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:18 pm

wco81 wrote:
Coxy wrote:

But where does it make sense for Indy to trade off two of their best players to a EC rival?

I get it that small market club has limited options but having to play them 4 times a year could come back to haunt them.

But he's aging and after his injuries, may not be the same player, though he might still want big money.

I'm only suggesting the Turner for Hayward part. That makes a lot of sense for both. Sabonis has established himself as their franchise big man now, so bringing in an all-round SF local boy for Tuner makes sense to me.
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1917 » by gswhoops » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:26 pm

Coxy wrote:
wco81 wrote:
Coxy wrote:

I'm only suggesting the Turner for Hayward part. That makes a lot of sense for both. Sabonis has established himself as their franchise big man now, so bringing in an all-round SF local boy for Tuner makes sense to me.

Makes sense to me but man a Hayward/Warren/Sabonis frontcourt would be painful to watch on defense.
Coxy
RealGM

Post#1918 » by Coxy » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:33 pm

gswhoops wrote:
Coxy wrote:
wco81 wrote:

Makes sense to me but man a Hayward/Warren/Sabonis frontcourt would be painful to watch on defense.

Hayward can play the wing, and doesn't strictly have to be a SF. He chases guards all day long, so I think he's fine at the 2. They could then look at another F to add to the lineup that could be a defender type for trade with Victor.

Brogdan
Hayward
Warren
Trade Target
Sabonis.

I don't know, just spitballing.
SAKURABA216
Starter
And1: 817

Post#1919 » by SAKURABA216 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:30 pm

Trade a future 1st round pick (2023 or so) and the TPE to OKC for Gallanari or Houston for Covington.

Then trade this year's #2 pick, Paschall, and Wiggins to Indiana for Turner and TJ Warren. The Pacers will get to rebuild around Brogdon and Sabonis with 2 young players and can trade or keep Wiggins.

The Warriors become:

Curry
Klay
Turner/Gallo or Covington
Draymond/ Gallo or Covington
Turner/ Draymond

The best part is that the Warriors would get to keep their Minnesota pick next year.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#1920 » by Scoots1994 » Thu Oct 1, 2020 3:26 pm

Mylie10 wrote:Those two players want out of Indiana though. So it could make some sense

They could trade them elsewhere and they could work their way to Boston another way maybe ... but I agree I think Indy would rather not trade with Boston directly.

Return to Golden State Warriors