ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Thread (TRADE WARS EPISODE V: The Empire Strikes Back)

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,264

Re: Trade Thread (TRADE WARS EPISODE V: The Empire Strikes Back) 

Post#1961 » by Onus » Wed Oct 7, 2020 11:55 pm

TB wrote:i think using MLE on Gasol would be an absolute disaster. We need 30mpg from whoever we use the MLE on. This would be Cousins all over again.

20 mpg?

I think ideally we’d want an aircraft carrier for 20 mpg. 20 mpg to Chriss/Looney and then 8 for draymond.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,150

Post#1962 » by TB » Thu Oct 8, 2020 12:10 am

Onus wrote:
TB wrote:i think using MLE on Gasol would be an absolute disaster. We need 30mpg from whoever we use the MLE on. This would be Cousins all over again.

20 mpg?

I think ideally we’d want an aircraft carrier for 20 mpg. 20 mpg to Chriss/Looney and then 8 for draymond.

I just don't see Gasol as someone we can rely on throughout the season for heavy minutes when needed. Center is a position we actually have depth at... Chriss, Loon, Dray, Smiley can all play minutes there. I think we use MLE on a versatile wing, and if for some reason we luck out and get an Ibaka/Poeltl type of player for MLE, we should be trading Looney for a wing since both of those guys can play 25+ minutes while letting Chriss/Dray do the rest.

How i'd rank my solves for center:

1) luck out and get Ibaka/Poeltl for MLE, trade Looney for a wing (ideally Kennard for our 21st pick)
2) draft Wiseman
3) just roll with smallball Chriss/Loon/Dray/Smiley
4) drop a Ky/Lee type and pickup a vet min center
AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst
And1: 363

Post#1963 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Thu Oct 8, 2020 12:14 am

Tristan Thompson is another option. Traditional 6'9" big man. No range on his shot.

Basically telling you there isn't much out there with what little cap room we have.
Rudruff
Junior
And1: 120

Post#1964 » by Rudruff » Thu Oct 8, 2020 12:36 am

Sorry, but there is way more in the way of centers than versatile wings available.

I think the Warriors go for a regular season center who saves the smaller guys for the post-season. The bigs (except AD) that are problems are going to get PnR'd to death by Steph and Draymond and played off the court in the playoffs.
Onus
RealGM

Post#1965 » by Onus » Thu Oct 8, 2020 1:06 am

TB wrote:
Onus wrote:

20 mpg?

I just don't see Gasol as someone we can rely on throughout the season for heavy minutes when needed. Center is a position we actually have depth at... Chriss, Loon, Dray, Smiley can all play minutes there. I think we use MLE on a versatile wing, and if for some reason we luck out and get an Ibaka/Poeltl type of player for MLE, we should be trading Looney for a wing since both of those guys can play 25+ minutes while letting Chriss/Dray do the rest.

1) luck out and get Ibaka/Poeltl for MLE, trade Looney for a wing (ideally Kennard for our 21st pick)
2) draft Wiseman

What wing do you think is coming for the mle when that is the most coveted position?
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,248

Post#1966 » by xdrta+ » Thu Oct 8, 2020 1:24 am

AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:
wco81 wrote:How much is the MLE?

If it isn't high enough, a team in Spain may easily top it, if not some other NBA team.

Roughly over $6M. I think Gasol would probably take it, but all depends if he is indeed heading back to Spain.

I don't think the money will mean that much to him, he's made a ton. If he wants to go home he'll go home. And by all the reports, that's what he'll do.
jason bourne
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Post#1967 » by jason bourne » Thu Oct 8, 2020 3:25 pm

AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:Roughly over $6M. I think Gasol would probably take it, but all depends if he is indeed heading back to Spain.

I thought Gasol was returning home, but it hasn't been reported here.

That said Gasol looks kinda ragged vs Lakers.

Here is an NBC Sports article from last month saying Warriors should pursue
https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/warriors/warriors-should-still-pursue-marc-gasol-despite-his-rough-nba-playoffs
“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.” Peter Thiel

ImageImage
TB
General Manager

Post#1968 » by TB » Thu Oct 8, 2020 5:23 pm

Onus wrote:
TB wrote:
Onus wrote:20 mpg?

2) draft Wiseman

What wing do you think is coming for the mle when that is the most coveted position?

Ya not having a wing available for the MLE is a definite concern. It's slim picking....

Crowder
Harkless
Harris (ya this isn't happening but make the call anyways)
Dunn (pg but defends multiple positions)
Jones Jr
Hood
Forbes
Rivers
GR3

Would be an amazing front office job if they could talk a player like Ibaka, Crowder, Harris or Dunn into the MLE... or if Spurs don't match Poeltl. Those are best case scenarios IMO.
Onus
RealGM

Post#1969 » by Onus » Thu Oct 8, 2020 7:25 pm

TB wrote:
Onus wrote:
TB wrote:

2) draft Wiseman

Ya not having a wing available for the MLE is a definite concern. It's slim picking....

Crowder
Harkless
Harris (ya this isn't happening but make the call anyways)
Dunn (pg but defends multiple positions)
Jones Jr
Hood
Forbes
Rivers
GR3

Would be an amazing front office job if they could talk a player like Ibaka, Crowder, Harris or Dunn into the MLE... or if Spurs don't match Poeltl. Those are best case scenarios IMO.

I feel confident we get a capable big for the mle. Gasol, Baynes, ibaka, favors, Dwight. Ibaka and Baynes probably get over the mle but favors gasol and Dwight should be available at that price.
Von Wafer
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#1970 » by Von Wafer » Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:14 am

I thought a trade thread would be strictly about the Warriors using the TPE, but it's full of MLE talk. Sticking to the thread, other than using the TPE, I don't see them trading to fill their holes.

I think virtually all of their acquisitions will come via free agency, including the MLE.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#1971 » by Scoots1994 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:12 pm

Von Wafer wrote:I thought a trade thread would be strictly about the Warriors using the TPE, but it's full of MLE talk. Sticking to the thread, other than using the TPE, I don't see them trading to fill their holes.

I think virtually all of their acquisitions will come via free agency, including the MLE.

I think they are totally open to using their 2nd round picks in trades to use the TPE/TPMLE slots.

Though if the NBA goes into 2021 with the 17 person rosters they are doing now those draft picks may be more valuable in the draft. If the Warriors trade down in the first for 2 picks in the draft there is no way the Warriors add 4 rookies this year.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,408

Post#1972 » by ILOVEIT » Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:34 pm

I see Gasol as that guy that makes the smart plays in the biggest moments and doesn't hurt the team. Great passer and above average IQ. Having said that...yeah....he's got way too many miles on that body...I think I'm guilty of falling in love with the name and old rep of him....vs what he can actually do now.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,408

Post#1973 » by ILOVEIT » Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:35 pm

Wow...Dwight....no thank you. I would feel dirty having that guy on this team after all the years of torching him lol
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
tarantism
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,146

Post#1974 » by tarantism » Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:03 pm

What do you guys think about the fit of Ricky Rubio as a potential TPE target? He is good defensively and watching him run the offense with Steph and Klay coming off screens could be a thing of beauty. I like the wing defensive trio with Curry and Klay, and we wouldn't always have to put Klay on the best perimeter scorer necessarily. I think Rubio is 6'4'' also, which is tall for a lead guard. He is signed currently in Phoenix but they probably wouldn't mind dumping his contract since it's a little bloated but he is probably worth a few more dollars out of Lacob's pocket.
Melo and amare should thrive in this offense. If Jeremy Tyler and cole Aldridge looked that good in summer league then us knick fans have a lot to be excited about. Make room for all the bandwagoners when we take off
BW32
Lead Assistant
And1: 761

Post#1975 » by BW32 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:08 pm

tarantism wrote:What do you guys think about the fit of Ricky Rubio as a potential TPE target? He is good defensively and watching him run the offense with Steph and Klay coming off screens could be a thing of beauty. I like the wing defensive trio with Curry and Klay, and we wouldn't always have to put Klay on the best perimeter scorer necessarily. I think Rubio is 6'4'' also, which is tall for a lead guard. He is signed currently in Phoenix but they probably wouldn't mind dumping his contract since it's a little bloated but he is probably worth a few more dollars out of Lacob's pocket.

Rubio means alot to the current PHX core, even if they wanted to sign an FVV type I don't think they would trade him. Combine that with them having some Grant rumors and I don't believe they are looking to make a change at guard.

If they dump anyone for extra caproom it's gonna be Oubre IMO.
TB
General Manager

Post#1976 » by TB » Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:38 pm

BW32 wrote:
tarantism wrote:What do you guys think about the fit of Ricky Rubio as a potential TPE target? He is good defensively and watching him run the offense with Steph and Klay coming off screens could be a thing of beauty. I like the wing defensive trio with Curry and Klay, and we wouldn't always have to put Klay on the best perimeter scorer necessarily. I think Rubio is 6'4'' also, which is tall for a lead guard. He is signed currently in Phoenix but they probably wouldn't mind dumping his contract since it's a little bloated but he is probably worth a few more dollars out of Lacob's pocket.

Rubio means alot to the current PHX core, even if they wanted to sign an FVV type I don't think they would trade him. Combine that with them having some Grant rumors and I don't believe they are looking to make a change at guard.

If they dump anyone for extra caproom it's gonna be Oubre IMO.

I think Rubio would be great on the Warriors. Same with Oubre. I'd say the Oubre role is more needed just because we have no backup wings at all outside of Paschall and Lee....
Onus
RealGM

Post#1977 » by Onus » Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:53 pm

Because it's slow right now, here's the latest from NBASupes on Hawksquawk:

Update:

Indy/Minny

It seems like a major breakdown has happened with Indy/Minny due to the inclusion of T.J. Warren. Seems like they do not want to move him if they move Turner and it doesn't seem up for discussion. This one hurt Minny because the LaMelo Ball trade up market is now nil for the value Minny sees as proper value and it seems like they will be stuck at #1. He said, watch for them to look at Deni, Obi, Anthony, LaMelo, Oyneka, and Tyrese.

Indy/GS

If Ball falls to GS. This is where Indy/GS could do a blockbuster deal. He was told the talks are around The Iguodala TPE in particular using Warren/Goga in it. Also, T.J. McConnell was mentioned. The centerpiece is GS choice of Sabonis or Turner. This will include BOTH 2020 #2 overall and MIN 2021 1st as well. Seems high on both ends and it is because Wiggins is considered a negative asset and Indy's willingness to add an asset like MIN 2021 1st is noticeable as well. This would be a massive blockbuster but this would build up Golden State's bench to extreme levels.

He mentioned this deal is only available if Ball is available at #2. I asked if MIN takes him, could we see a deal with Ball still going to Indy and he said it doesn't seem like so. Indy feels the value they are willing to offer is more than enough. Basically, if MIN drafts Ball, he will play with MIN or be traded elsewhere but not to Indy considering the current options.
ShayDee
Rookie
And1: 259

Post#1978 » by ShayDee » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:32 am

Onus wrote:Because it's slow right now

The price is really steep. Who will defend Bron and AD? Draymond and Sabonis? That doesn't look good. I can't see Warren stopping either

But if Wiggins + 2 + minny gives us

Sabonis+Warren+TJ+Goga might be worth it I think

But Indy needs to add their 2021 pick or 2022

But what will anyone prefer?

C Wiseman, Looney, Chriss
PF Green, Paschall, Smiley
SF Wiggins, ???, ???
SG Thompson, ???, Lee
PG Curry, ???, Poole

or

C Sabonis, Looney, Goga
PF Green, Chriss, Smiley
SF Warren, Paschall, ???
SG Thompson, ???, Lee
PG Curry, TJ McConnell, Poole
Onus
RealGM

Post#1979 » by Onus » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:36 am

ShayDee wrote:

The price is really steep. Who will defend Bron and AD? Draymond and Sabonis? That doesn't look good. I can't see Warren stopping either

I don’t think I would do it. Wiggins should be a better defender than warren and anyone coming back in that trade. And it’s unlikely we’ll be able to get a wing that will be able to defend like that in fa.
ShayDee
Rookie
And1: 259

Post#1980 » by ShayDee » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:40 am

Onus wrote:
ShayDee wrote:

I don’t think I would do it. Wiggins should be a better defender than warren and anyone coming back in that trade. And it’s unlikely we’ll be able to get a wing that will be able to defend like that in fa.

IDK man. That roster doesn't also look balanced

Not many wings. Warren is more of a PF like Paschall.

TJ is short as hell

Bob might be panicking

This doesn't look good

Hopefully Ball goes #1

It's between

C Wiseman, Looney, Chriss
PF Green, Paschall, Smiley
SF Wiggins, ???, ???
SG Thompson, ???, Lee
PG Curry, ???, Poole

or

C Sabonis, Looney, Goga