ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Thread (TRADE WARS EPISODE V: The Empire Strikes Back)

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,922

Re: Trade Thread (TRADE WARS EPISODE V: The Empire Strikes Back) 

Post#2401 » by whatisacenter » Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:05 pm

jason bourne wrote:
ChuckDurn wrote:
jason bourne wrote:
What about this one? The Rockets may trade RoCo + PJ Tucker and the Bucks are interested ( probably offering Eric Bledsoe, #24). The Rox have no picks in the 2020 draft at all. Is there anyway the Ws could get one or both? Obviously, the TPE will have to come into play, but how can the Ws get either one of those players for #48 and #51? Will you deal Andrew Wiggins for both (I think it would have to be separate deals(?))

https://hoopshype.com/rumor/bucks-eyeing-robert-covington-pj-tucker/

Deep thoughts:
1. If the Rockets are trying to trade Tucker and/or Covington, it’s purely to save money, so getting Wiggins back would be the absolute last thing they would consider.
2. Related, getting Bledsoe wouldn’t save the Rockets much money (at all), and they already have Harden, Gordon, and Westbrook (at least for now) in the backcourt, so why would they trade 2 frontcourt starters for another player going into an already crowded backcourt?
3. The Rockets would trade Covington/Tucker to whoever made the best offer, and you’d have to be an idiot to think none of the other 28 teams would offer something better than #48 and/or #51.

A serious question - when you think about trades to make with other teams, do you take even 2 seconds to consider what that other team is trying to accomplish? And do you consider what other teams might try to do to offer a better package than the Warriors?

ChuckDurn. Don't reply to me anymore you **** ****. I would've been fine except for your last paragraph. What are you in kindergarten? You are jaded by hate. All I did was ask a question YOU MOTHER ****!!!

Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
jason bourne
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Post#2402 » by jason bourne » Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:25 pm

whatisacenter wrote:
jason bourne wrote:
ChuckDurn wrote:Deep thoughts:
1. If the Rockets are trying to trade Tucker and/or Covington, it’s purely to save money, so getting Wiggins back would be the absolute last thing they would consider.
2. Related, getting Bledsoe wouldn’t save the Rockets much money (at all), and they already have Harden, Gordon, and Westbrook (at least for now) in the backcourt, so why would they trade 2 frontcourt starters for another player going into an already crowded backcourt?
3. The Rockets would trade Covington/Tucker to whoever made the best offer, and you’d have to be an idiot to think none of the other 28 teams would offer something better than #48 and/or #51.

A serious question - when you think about trades to make with other teams, do you take even 2 seconds to consider what that other team is trying to accomplish? And do you consider what other teams might try to do to offer a better package than the Warriors?

ChuckDurn. Don't reply to me anymore you **** ****. I would've been fine except for your last paragraph. What are you in kindergarten? You are jaded by hate. All I did was ask a question YOU MOTHER ****!!!

Thanks, guys. I'm going back to strictly the GB. You can celebrate now.
“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.” Peter Thiel

ImageImage
Hopper15
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 274

Post#2403 » by Hopper15 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:36 pm

:rockon:
DevinVassell
Bench Warmer
And1: 851

Post#2404 » by DevinVassell » Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:36 pm

jason bourne wrote:Thanks, guys. I'm going back to strictly the GB.

azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,745

Post#2405 » by azwfan » Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:55 pm

jason bourne wrote:
ChuckDurn wrote:
jason bourne wrote:
What about this one? The Rockets may trade RoCo + PJ Tucker and the Bucks are interested ( probably offering Eric Bledsoe, #24). The Rox have no picks in the 2020 draft at all. Is there anyway the Ws could get one or both? Obviously, the TPE will have to come into play, but how can the Ws get either one of those players for #48 and #51? Will you deal Andrew Wiggins for both (I think it would have to be separate deals(?))

Deep thoughts:

:lol:
Cant tell if this is a faux overreaction or a real overreaction. I find it funny either way. Well done!
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#2406 » by Mylie10 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:07 pm

jason bourne wrote:
ChuckDurn wrote:
jason bourne wrote:

Deep thoughts:

Settle down
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#2407 » by Scoots1994 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:28 pm

jason bourne wrote:
ChuckDurn wrote:
jason bourne wrote:

Deep thoughts:

Overreact much? You do come up with some of the dumbest ideas in this forum ... did you really not know that? Having someone point it out politely certainly doesn't seem to warrant that response.
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach
And1: 789

Post#2408 » by ChuckDurn » Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:44 pm

vagelis wrote:
ChuckDurn wrote:
jason bourne wrote:

Deep thoughts:

Tucker has 8m/year contract and Covington 11m/year. These are not big contracts.
So, I don't think that if they want to trade them it is to save money. Maybe they don't believe in those two players anymore.
Tucker is 35 yo and he has declined the last years.
Covington is a role player who plays good defense but has no talent in offense. Rockets may try to build a new roster around Harden

They’re not big contracts - but that’s not the point. The Rockets’ owner (Fertitta) has been killed financially during the COVID period (he already was pretty tight financially), and it’s pretty widely believed that he’s going to want to reduce spending. Tucker and Covington are the 2 guys on the team (aside from Harden) that they’d be able to trade without taking much of any salary back, and could fetch some nice draft picks / lower-priced talent in return.

It’s particularly hard to argue that Tucker is slipping. This season, he shot a career high in true-shooting percentage, and was in the conversation to be on the NBA All-Defense teams (there only are 10 players in the league total that make it). Covington didn’t have a particularly good year overall, but in the playoffs he was outstanding for the Rockets, and was a big part of the reason they beat the Thunder. It’s hard to think that the Rockets would want to just move on from these guys - the real motivation would be the owner’s financial distress.
If I don't have anything funny to say, can I still have a signature?
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach

Post#2409 » by ChuckDurn » Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:48 pm

Scoots1994 wrote:
jason bourne wrote:

Overreact much? You do come up with some of the dumbest ideas in this forum ... did you really not know that? Having someone point it out politely certainly doesn't seem to warrant that response.

To answer Jason’s question..... no, I’m not in kindergarten. In actuality, I completed high school (top 1% of my class of ~700), got a B.S. in Engineering from a top-5 school, and then got an MBA from one of the top 2-3 business schools in the country. So I’m most definitely a little beyond kindergarten. Enough to understand that proper names are capitalized, in fact.

But ironically, my polite questions weren’t answered. Go figure.

And thank you for noting the politeness in them.
Quazza
Head Coach
And1: 1,727

Post#2410 » by Quazza » Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:20 am

jason bourne wrote:The Suns prolly won't trade Kelly Oubre...

Nice jersey, but will they be sued for calling it the City Edition?

"City Edition" is a NBA/Nike thing, not a Suns thing. Every team has one
KevinMcreynolds wrote:BIG DICK BOB DOIN WORK

KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment
Commodor
Analyst
And1: 957

Post#2411 » by Commodor » Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:40 am

Wooo things getting spicy in the trade thread.

Someone bring back Sid the Squid.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#2412 » by Mylie10 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:43 am

Commodor wrote:Wooo things getting spicy in the trade thread.

Someone bring back Sid the Squid.

They’ll never let Sid the Squid back in here. That guy was the worst. He loved Don Nelson ;)
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,412

Post#2413 » by ILOVEIT » Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:35 am

azwfan wrote:
jason bourne wrote:

:lol:
Cant tell if this is a faux overreaction or a real overreaction. I find it funny either way. Well done!

Well he's on my ignore list...you might try it. :)
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,599

Post#2414 » by NYG » Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:21 pm

Would Golden State add any incentive to a Iguodala trade where Miami sends him out for the TPE?
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,264

Post#2415 » by Onus » Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:58 pm

NYG wrote:Would Golden State add any incentive to a Iguodala trade where Miami sends him out for the TPE?

We’ll take an asset for iguodala. I doubt we would give up anything for him.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
azwfan
RealGM

Post#2416 » by azwfan » Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:32 pm

NYG wrote:Would Golden State add any incentive to a Iguodala trade where Miami sends him out for the TPE?

Id move to have Iguodala back...

But we’re not in a position to pay $15m + tax to someone who is barely gonna play till the playoffs. We need 20-25 regular season mins from that money IMO. We just dont have that luxury anymore.
Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Post#2417 » by Little Digger » Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:35 pm

I love me some Andre..but after watching him in the bubble, my opinion is that he’s pretty much done..last hope is to take whatever Lebron’s on
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
azwfan
RealGM

Post#2418 » by azwfan » Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:38 pm

Read on Twitter
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach

Post#2419 » by ChuckDurn » Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:44 pm

Some big news came out this morning:
1. Trades can be consummated starting at noon Eastern time tomorrow (the 16th);
2. The $17.2M trade exception will expire on 11/18, not 11/25 (as had been expected). 11/18 is, of course, when the draft is taking place and getting most or all of the focus.

#2 creates a problem for the Warriors (compared to what the 25th would have offered). Since free agency won’t start until 11/20, the Warriors have to decide whether to use the TPE (and/or who to use it on) before they have any idea who they can get in free agency. I kind of wonder if that’s a bit of “evening out” by the league for the recent change on the luxury tax penalties, which many felt really benefitted the Warriors (and made it more likely they’d use the TPE). The Warriors can still use it, but now they’re much more “flying blind” if they do, and also are going to be dealing with all the draft stuff at the same time.

Myers ain’t getting any sleep for the foreseeable future.

EDIT: it now looks like the TPE will expire on 11/23. Was reported today by Hollinger (and others) that it would be 11/18, they’ve now revised that.
Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Post#2420 » by Little Digger » Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:48 pm

Normally don’t the teams know where the free agents are headed before Free Agency is officially open?

Next thread can be found here
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.

Return to Golden State Warriors