ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Thread (TRADE WARS EPISODE V: The Empire Strikes Back)

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Re: Trade Thread (TRADE WARS EPISODE IV: A NEW HOPE) 

Post#301 » by and1GS » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:48 pm

Kuya wrote:Devin Booker for Klay this offseason.

Would you as a dubs fan?
Would you as a Suns organization?

Both can be #1 options. Both can go supernova.

Klay is more proven, a champion and Olympian in the early years of his prime.

Devin Booker is younger and has a slightly higher ceiling than Klay.

Personally, im on the fence. I just wanted to spark conversation. Id lean towards keeping Splash Bros together

Sent from my SM-N920T using RealGM mobile app

I don't think Devin has a higher ceiling than Klay. You're trading a finished product/proven entity with potential yet to realize for a guy that's praying he can be the next Klay Thompson. I don't like it. Especially because I expect Klay 'I get shorter when I jump' Thompson to age gracefully.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,254

Post#302 » by wco81 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:00 pm

Devin is better creating shot for himself but he doesn't shoot the 3 at the percentage Klay does.

Maybe he doesn't get the same catch and shoot or open looks that Klay gets.

He's a good athlete but so far isn't the defender.

Main advantage for him would be he's younger and cheaper for a couple more years.

But it's moot now, Phoenix will try to build around him, unless the owner gets cheap and don't want to pay $20-25 million per year.
KidPistol
Sixth Man
And1: 1,510

Post#303 » by KidPistol » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:37 pm

HELL NO to Klay for Booker. I like Booker a lot and I'm a firm believer he'll be a top 10 player in the future but the Dubs are in win now mode and trading for Booker would set them back a bit. Klay is a superstar whereas Booker is on his way there. Milk Klay for a couple more rings until he leaves after his contract ends (which he will probably).
The scariest question in NBA history.

"Can Stephen Curry get better?"
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#304 » by old rem » Wed May 3, 2017 6:40 pm

[quote="KidPistol"]HELL NO to Klay for Booker. I like Booker a lot and I'm a firm believer he'll be a top 10 player in the future but the Dubs are in win now mode and trading for Booker would set them back a bit. Klay is a superstar whereas Booker is on his way there. Milk Klay for a couple more rings until he leaves after his contract ends (which he will probably).[/quote

Klay is not a guy who is big ego or make $$ obsessed. Neither are other GSW stars. They BONDED rather well they think...TEAM.....Results. They can go full dynasty... and collect rings...and....they ain't exactly starving. GSW is Big on Chemistry/Team/Family. Why would they bail out? :dontknow: when EVERYTHING is going great... WHO says... I'm outta here? GSW CAN trade stars for...whatever, but WHY do that?

" If It Ain't Broke"...... eh? 8-) 8-) GSW is on the TOP and is able to RETAIN the main stuff. Why gamble? :roll:
CENSORED... No comment.
likashing
Head Coach
And1: 1,959

Post#305 » by likashing » Thu May 4, 2017 10:43 pm

There was a leaked All-NBA list (could be fake) which didn't have Klay on it. If Klay isn't All-NBA this season, there might be pressure from his camp to get a 35% max extension this summer because he was All-NBA in 14-15 and 15-16, which makes him eligible this summer. He can add 3 years to his remaining 2 years if he extend this summer with the designated vet rule.

If he isn't All-NBA this season, and doesn't get the designated extension this summer, it will mean he HAS to get All-NBA for 17-18 (or MVP/DPOY) in order to be eligible during 2018 summer.
Mark Jackson wrote:Playoff preparation is overrated... I’m going to get my rest. I’m not going to grow old and be stressed out and get gray hair.
wco81
RealGM

Post#306 » by wco81 » Thu May 4, 2017 10:51 pm

Well the team can't afford more than two max deals can they?

Curry will get a super Max and even if KD doesn't take the full max, that pretty much limits it.

No way the Warriors were going to be able to keep all 4 for say past 2019?
likashing
Head Coach

Post#307 » by likashing » Thu May 4, 2017 11:48 pm

2 aspects. 1st one - The Warriors can only have 2 designated vet. Steph will obviously be one (35%/5yr). If Klay takes that slot, it means Draymond cannot make 35% until he is in the league for 10 years.

The other aspect on whether we can *afford* 4 maxes, will depend on how deep in the lux tax Lacob & co's business model can support and how much profit they want to keep.

Maybe Steph will take 30%/5 and KD takes 120% non-Bird... who knows?
Mark Jackson wrote:Playoff preparation is overrated... I’m going to get my rest. I’m not going to grow old and be stressed out and get gray hair.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,337

Post#308 » by KevinMcreynolds » Sun May 7, 2017 11:06 pm

We should trade Klay for Buddy Hield and a mid first rounder
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
wco81
RealGM

Post#309 » by wco81 » Sun May 7, 2017 11:26 pm

If the Warriors win the title, they're not going to trade this core.

In any event, the Kings have two lottery picks, their own and New Orleans'. They also have #34 from NO.

So no mid first rounder from them unless it's like a 3-way trade where a third team sends that mid-round pick while the Kings give up Hield.

I think after trading away Cousins, Sacto isn't going to give up their lotto picks. But who knows, depending on who's available with those picks, they might be willing to give up Hield, even though Ranadive is hoping Hield is the next Steph Curry.

Now, maybe if a good athletic wing is available at #34, it might be worth it.

But hopefully, there's no talk about trading Klay this summer, because that would likely mean the Warriors would have won the title.
likashing
Head Coach

Post#310 » by likashing » Mon May 8, 2017 5:42 pm

It is too early to worry about how we can keep Klay.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM

Post#311 » by KevinMcreynolds » Mon May 8, 2017 7:37 pm

Klay for Porzingus, get it done while Phil is still around to destroy the franchise

Kuya
Assistant Coach
And1: 808

Re: Trade Thread (TRADE WARS EPISODE V: The Empire Strikes Back) 

Post#312 » by Kuya » Wed May 17, 2017 2:39 am

Klay to Boston for #1 overall this year, would you?

Or Klay to LAL for Lonzo Ball

He is nearly as good of a shooter as Klay and can handle the ball. Plus the whole rookie contract thing.

And Klay would love to be #1 option in LA

wco81
RealGM

Post#313 » by wco81 » Wed May 17, 2017 3:04 am

Klay isn't fetching those picks.
Kuya
Assistant Coach
And1: 808

Post#314 » by Kuya » Wed May 17, 2017 3:22 am

LAL would easily value Klay as high as this year's #3

Commodor
Analyst
And1: 957

Post#315 » by Commodor » Wed May 17, 2017 5:22 pm

Kuya wrote:LAL would easily value Klay as high as this year's #3

What about Klay for Ingram/Randle
wco81
RealGM

Post#316 » by wco81 » Wed May 17, 2017 5:51 pm

Lakers wouldn't give up Ingram for Cousins, doubt they would for Klay.

If they do draft Ball or a PG as expected, they're probably going to look to dump Clarkson. Of course they'd love someone to take their bad contracts for Deng and Mozgov too.

Other assets they will look to move is the #28 pick that they got from Houston for Lou Williams and possibly Randle, who is coming up for an extension.

Only way the Warriors entertain trading Klay is if they don't win the title. So I'd rather not think about big trades for this upcoming offseason yet.
Outside
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,250

Post#317 » by Outside » Wed May 17, 2017 7:45 pm

I think you guys are nuts. The Warriors' window is now, not 3-5 years down the road when Ingram or a pick in this year's draft finally turns into a quality NBA player, which, BTW, isn't guaranteed. Klay is a quality NBA player right now.

Are you considering this just because he's had a lousy postseason so far shooting the ball? The dude is contributing in significant ways, even without scoring, and teams still have to guard him because they know he can score. No one is leaving Klay unguarded in the corner like Harrison Barnes last year, I can guarantee you that.
wco81
RealGM

Post#318 » by wco81 » Wed May 17, 2017 9:08 pm

No more like he's due for an extension in a couple of years and the team may not be willing or able to pay what he would want.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM

Post#319 » by KevinMcreynolds » Wed May 17, 2017 9:12 pm

Outside wrote:I think you guys are nuts. The Warriors' window is now, not 3-5 years down the road when Ingram or a pick in this year's draft finally turns into a quality NBA player, which, BTW, isn't guaranteed. Klay is a quality NBA player right now.

Are you considering this just because he's had a lousy postseason so far shooting the ball? The dude is contributing in significant ways, even without scoring, and teams still have to guard him because they know he can score. No one is leaving Klay unguarded in the corner like Harrison Barnes last year, I can guarantee you that.

Teams aren't trading top picks with 5 years of control for veterans that cost 20 million a year unless said player instantly turns the franchise into a contender and Klay doesn't do that. He's not even a #1 option. The current Lakers+Klay is a 30 win team.

Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,661

Post#320 » by Coxy » Wed May 17, 2017 11:27 pm

ivang101 wrote:
Kuya wrote:LAL would easily value Klay as high as this year's #3

What about Klay for Ingram/Randle

That's very very tempting for me.

Return to Golden State Warriors