ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Thread (TRADE WARS EPISODE V: The Empire Strikes Back)

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Outside
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,251

Re: Trade Thread (TRADE WARS EPISODE V: The Empire Strikes Back) 

Post#321 » by Outside » Wed May 17, 2017 11:37 pm

KevinMcreynolds wrote:Teams aren't trading top picks with 5 years of control for veterans that cost 20 million a year unless said player instantly turns the franchise into a contender and Klay doesn't do that. He's not even a #1 option. The current Lakers+Klay is a 30 win team.

I'm not sure what that means considering the current Lakers + Steph are a 35-win team. The question isn't whether the other team would do but why on earth would the Warriors do it?

I guess I stepped into a funhouse mirror topic. These posts sound like Jerry Krause wanting to break up the Bulls in the midst of their championship run in order to build a contender, except if Krause were proposing that during their second championship season, not their fifth. I must be out of my element here.

[Edit: fixed the word in bold]
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,337

Post#322 » by KevinMcreynolds » Thu May 18, 2017 3:59 pm

I think the Lakers with Steph would be a top 4 team in the west.
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
Outside
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,251

Post#323 » by Outside » Thu May 18, 2017 4:31 pm

KevinMcreynolds wrote:I think the Lakers with Steph would be a top 4 team in the west.

Have you seen how bad they are defensively? They are horrific.

With Towns becoming such a good player and the other talent they've assembled, many people thought Minnesota would be a playoff team this year, but they were bad defensively (267th in the league in defensive rating) and won only 31 games. The Lakers were dead last in defensive rating.

http://stats.nba.com/teams/defense/#!?sort=DEF_RATING&dir=-1&Season=2016-17&SeasonType=Regular%20Season
Kuya
Assistant Coach
And1: 808

Post#324 » by Kuya » Fri May 19, 2017 10:34 pm

Outside wrote:I think you guys are nuts. The Warriors' window is now, not 3-5 years down the road when Ingram or a pick in this year's draft finally turns into a quality NBA player, which, BTW, isn't guaranteed. Klay is a quality NBA player right now.

Are you considering this just because he's had a lousy postseason so far shooting the ball? The dude is contributing in significant ways, even without scoring, and teams still have to guard him because they know he can score. No one is leaving Klay unguarded in the corner like Harrison Barnes last year, I can guarantee you that.

Steph and KD are most likely getting supermax this off season. Klay and Dray are due for max soon. I rather give Dray the max.

This is all salary related and looking into the future. Warriors will need to start grooming some guys soon to extend the Warriors greatness post-Steph Curry era.

I love Klay, but getting Lonzo on a 5 yr rookie would be nice tradeoff. He'd instantly start at SG and provide shooting and ball handling.
BW32
Lead Assistant
And1: 761

Post#325 » by BW32 » Sat May 20, 2017 1:06 am

Y'all definition of soon is whack, Dray is a FA in 2020.
jbent87
Veteran
And1: 1,202

Post#326 » by jbent87 » Tue May 30, 2017 9:01 pm

Kuya wrote:Klay to Boston for #1 overall this year, would you?

Or Klay to LAL for Lonzo Ball

Keep going.
likashing
Head Coach
And1: 1,959

Post#327 » by likashing » Wed May 31, 2017 12:10 am

NBA is saying because of the 12-0 and 12-1 playoffs, the 17-18 cap might go further down from $101m...

Higher probability for KD to take 120% non-Bird now! If it goes down to $99m, 35% max is $34.7m vs non-Bird of $31.8m.
Mark Jackson wrote:Playoff preparation is overrated... I’m going to get my rest. I’m not going to grow old and be stressed out and get gray hair.
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach
And1: 789

Post#328 » by ChuckDurn » Mon Jun 5, 2017 6:59 pm

Kuya wrote:
Outside wrote:I think you guys are nuts. The Warriors' window is now, not 3-5 years down the road when Ingram or a pick in this year's draft finally turns into a quality NBA player, which, BTW, isn't guaranteed. Klay is a quality NBA player right now.

Are you considering this just because he's had a lousy postseason so far shooting the ball? The dude is contributing in significant ways, even without scoring, and teams still have to guard him because they know he can score. No one is leaving Klay unguarded in the corner like Harrison Barnes last year, I can guarantee you that.

Steph and KD are most likely getting supermax this off season. Klay and Dray are due for max soon. I rather give Dray the max.

This is all salary related and looking into the future. Warriors will need to start grooming some guys soon to extend the Warriors greatness post-Steph Curry era.

I love Klay, but getting Lonzo on a 5 yr rookie would be nice tradeoff. He'd instantly start at SG and provide shooting and ball handling.

Stop comparing Lonzo to Klay.

There is nothing suggesting that Ball can play off the ball as effectively as Klay, or shoot at the NBA level like Klay can. (Will that funky release hold up when stretched out a couple of feet, without being a threat to be blocked?) And apparently you're ignoring the other half of the floor, where we're seeing first-hand in these Finals how valuable Klay is there. He can literally defend everybody from Kyrie to Love due to his size and strength. Yes, Lonzo is tall, but he does not have the frame to be able to do what Klay does at that end. (I don't see him being able to put on the muscle, particularly in the lower-body, that Klay has.) Plus, based on what we saw in college, he doesn't seem that interested or engaged in playing defense.

While Lonzo is a good prospect, he would be a fish out of water in attempting to come in and play as a substitute for Klay.
If I don't have anything funny to say, can I still have a signature?
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,829

Post#329 » by cdubbz » Tue Jun 6, 2017 6:08 pm

Kuya wrote:

I get your level of thinking and it makes sense in some ways but I wouldn't break up the big 4 until we have to.

Klays value is highest now but unless it's an absolute steal I wouldn't trade him for a pick.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
Kuya
Assistant Coach
And1: 808

Post#330 » by Kuya » Thu Jun 8, 2017 5:53 pm

ChuckDurn wrote:
Kuya wrote:

There is nothing suggesting that Ball can play off the ball as effectively as Klay, or shoot at the NBA level like Klay can. (Will that funky release hold up when stretched out a couple of feet, without being a threat to be blocked?) And apparently you're ignoring the other half of the floor, where we're seeing first-hand in these Finals how valuable Klay is there. He can literally defend everybody from Kyrie to Love due to his size and strength. Yes, Lonzo is tall, but he does not have the frame to be able to do what Klay does at that end. (I don't see him being able to put on the muscle, particularly in the lower-body, that Klay has.) Plus, based on what we saw in college, he doesn't seem that interested or engaged in playing defense.

While Lonzo is a good prospect, he would be a fish out of water in attempting to come in and play as a substitute for Klay.

Klay was a terrible defender coming out of college
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,829

Post#331 » by cdubbz » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:29 pm

Kuya wrote:
ChuckDurn wrote:
Kuya wrote:

No he wasn't. He was never asked to play at the level of defense he plays now until Jackson came a long. But to say he was terrible is false.

Also. Hell no to trading Klay for any pick this year are you kidding me.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
KidPistol
Sixth Man
And1: 1,510

Post#332 » by KidPistol » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:32 pm

To 76ers: Top 10 protected 2019 1st
To Warriors: 2017 2nd round pick 36

I think this is more than fair.
The scariest question in NBA history.

"Can Stephen Curry get better?"
Commodor
Analyst
And1: 957

Post#333 » by Commodor » Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:00 pm

KidPistol wrote:To 76ers: Top 10 protected 2019 1st
To Warriors: 2017 2nd round pick 36

I think this is more than fair.

In 2019 we'll probably lose Klay or Green if we will lose one of them ever. That 1st could be much more valuable then.

Let Lacob open up the checkbook again if we want a 2nd.
likashing
Head Coach
And1: 1,959

Post#334 » by likashing » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:07 am

DeAndre is on the market. Get it done to go with the Hamptons 5!
Mark Jackson wrote:Playoff preparation is overrated... I’m going to get my rest. I’m not going to grow old and be stressed out and get gray hair.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,199

Post#335 » by clyde21 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:43 pm

Milwaukee gets: Klay Thompson, Kevon Looney

Golden St. gets: Khris Middleton, Thon Maker

Thoughts?

Stephen Curry
Khris Middleton/Patrick McCaw
Kevin Durant/Andre Iguodala
Draymond Green
Thon Maker/Damian Jones
Quazza
Head Coach
And1: 1,727

Post#336 » by Quazza » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:57 pm

clyde21 wrote:Milwaukee gets: Klay Thompson, Kevon Looney

Thoughts?

Stephen Curry
Draymond Green
Thon Maker/Damian Jones

God no.

I don't get the obsession with trading Klay on this board.

And if we are we need a difference maker, not a Thon Maker
KevinMcreynolds wrote:BIG DICK BOB DOIN WORK

KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment
Phase 3
Veteran
And1: 758

Post#337 » by Phase 3 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:49 pm

likashing wrote:DeAndre is on the market. Get it done to go with the Hamptons 5!

I hear Jerry West likes Mccaw. Too bad the Warriors don't have salary filler to make a trade work haha. The league would straight up freak out if West gifted the Warriors Deandre :lol:
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach
And1: 789

Post#338 » by ChuckDurn » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:38 pm

Kuya wrote:
ChuckDurn wrote:
Kuya wrote:

Regardless of whether Klay was terrible coming out of college (and, as somebody else noted, he really wasn't)...... you didn't address the main point, which is that Lonzo doesn't have the frame to carry the muscle mass that Klay has, which is a key to his defensive versatility. I'd be stunned if Lonzo will ever be able to guard power forwards without getting completely bullied, as Klay can against most, and that is a major key to the Warriors' defense.
If I don't have anything funny to say, can I still have a signature?
mos_def
Sixth Man
And1: 277

Post#339 » by mos_def » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:55 am

Thoughts?

Stephen Curry
Draymond Green
Thon Maker/Damian Jones

No way
I'm okay with trading Klay...but for the right price
Middleton came off an Achilles tear. Most NBA players don't really stay the same after that. They can play, but any burst is really gone.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,199

Post#340 » by clyde21 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:06 pm

mos_def wrote:

Thoughts?

Stephen Curry
Draymond Green
Thon Maker/Damian Jones

No way
I'm okay with trading Klay...but for the right price
Middleton came off an Achilles tear. Most NBA players don't really stay the same after that. They can play, but any burst is really gone.

Middleton looked as good as ever when he came back.

Return to Golden State Warriors