ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Thread (TRADE WARS EPISODE V: The Empire Strikes Back)

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Re: Trade Thread (TRADE WARS EPISODE V: The Empire Strikes Back) 

Post#341 » by Mylie10 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:06 pm

Klays kind of an iron man. Tough to find with all of his usage too. Both on offense and defense. It can't be understated how durable hes been.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,199

Post#342 » by clyde21 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:45 pm

Mylie10 wrote:Klays kind of an iron man. Tough to find with all of his usage too. Both on offense and defense. It can't be understated how durable hes been.

This is true. He's definitely been dependable throughout his career. Underrated asset.
facerizon
Junior
And1: 30

Post#343 » by facerizon » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:15 pm

Why are some of you wanting to trade Klay? You guys nuts? You keep this core together at whatever cost. This is a dynasty in the making. History. You don't disrupt this.
FrigginFalcon
Junior
And1: 115

Post#344 » by FrigginFalcon » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:47 am

Agree that Klay is much more of an asset than some give him credit for. He routinely draws the toughest "small guy" defensive assignment against every opponent, playing PG, SG, and SF scorers all very well, and he's big enough to switch onto PF & C without getting immediately overpowered. His offense was a bit erratic this past year, but obviously (60 pts. in 3 Quarters) he can still go off like an H-Bomb. Because he is more of a catch & shoot scorer than a 1-on-1 creator, he has not contributed as much as one might hope when it's "Klay and the Reserves," but with Young & Casspi now coming off the bench, and with McCaw's offensive weaponry developing well, I think that Klay in particular and the Dubs in general are going a MUCH more potent scoring threat when Steph and/or KD are resting.

For me, the only remaining question is how the Center position will be filled. Getting McGee back would be great, and Jones MAY improve a lot with more playing time, but otherwise the FO needs to work their "Bargain Basement" magic to add a credible Center at the veteran minimum.

But all in all, I thing the Dubs have developed a BENCH that could make the playoffs in the Eastern Conf., and assuming that they can get the new additions to gel, they are going to wing another Ring at a jogging pace.
Kuya
Assistant Coach
And1: 808

Post#345 » by Kuya » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:57 am

If we weren't the favorites for the title over the next few years and looking dynastic, Klay for Lonzo would be an absolute steal for us.
FrigginFalcon
Junior

Post#346 » by FrigginFalcon » Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:36 am

Kuya wrote:If we weren't the favorites for the title over the next few years and looking dynastic, Klay for Lonzo would be an absolute steal for us.

The only way I would even consider that trade is if the Lakers promised NOT to throw in Lavar.

Seriously, Klay is a proven star, a durable one, and among the very best 2-way guards in the League. Lonzo is a great prospect, but so were Jan Vesely, Bismack Biyombo, and Jimmer Fredette (all taken BEFORE Klay in the 2011 Draft). Trading away a solid-gold #11 pick for an unproven #1 with a whacko Dad seems a little bit too much like tempting fate to me.
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

Post#347 » by GQ Hot Dog » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:04 pm

I WANT ABDEL NADER!!!

He's signed for 4 years with Boston but is stuck behind a ton of small forwards, I'm hoping he's the odd man out because I love his potential. Too small for the 4 even with his 7ft wingspan and underwhelming athletically for the 3 but he's got fantastic ball skills for a guy his size, great passer, very good finisher with a repertoire of finishing moves including floaters and finger rolls. Shot only 35% from 3 last season in the D-league but 45% overall on much higher usage than he'll see at the next level. 6 rbs, 4 asts, a block and a steal per game in 34 mpg. This guy is exactly the sort of jack of all trades player that will thrive off the bench alongside 1 or 2 of our starters. I wonder if we can convince Ainge that he needs more bigman depth and trade Looney for Nader?

The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
FrigginFalcon
Junior

Post#348 » by FrigginFalcon » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:57 pm

I still maintain that Looney is our Catch-22 player. Unless he proves ON THE COURT that he has recovered and can contribute, I believe his trade value is nil. OTOH, if he DOES prove on the court that he has recovered and can contribute, why trade him while he is such a bargain? Admittedly, Abdel Nader looks like an interesting prospect, but for that reason I can't see Boston parting with him for an UNPROVEN Looney.
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#349 » by old rem » Fri Sep 8, 2017 4:24 pm

We shall see. I'm expecting Looney IS healthy and in game shape. If so....we'll soon see if he's a sink or a swim. As is (was?) he has no "market". he has to show talent and progress or by January...I'd figure that Roster spot is up for grabs.
CENSORED... No comment.
FrigginFalcon
Junior

Post#350 » by FrigginFalcon » Fri Sep 8, 2017 4:42 pm

old rem wrote:We shall see. I'm expecting Looney IS healthy and in game shape. If so....we'll soon see if he's a sink or a swim. As is (was?) he has no "market". he has to show talent and progress or by January...I'd figure that Roster spot is up for grabs.

I agree. Looney's spot and perhaps Jones' are the two that are potentially vulnerable in Training Camp, and there will be a few new arrivals there to contend for those opportunities.
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 71,938

Post#351 » by Wiltside » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:42 pm

Looking like another bumper year in Dubnation. Enjoy it, these kind of era's come around once in a blue (and yellow) moon!

Biggest questions for the Dubs this season:

1. Is Jordan Bell the steal of the draft?
2. Will the Klay rumours continue?
3. Does complacency set in?
4. How many wins? Can you get to 70 again?

We recently finished up our Offseason Report titled 'Watch the Throne'. If you're interested, would value some feedback: https://thefourpointplay.blog/2017/09/14/nba-warriors-season-preview/
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
TroubleS0me
Head Coach
And1: 5,202

Post#352 » by TroubleS0me » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:09 pm

lol u guys have a trade thread? wow...
FrigginFalcon
Junior

Post#353 » by FrigginFalcon » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:25 am

TroubleS0me wrote:lol u guys have a trade thread? wow...

Turns out that when you don't have to explain or debate why your team is losing, you have a lot of free time on your hands.

:wink:
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#354 » by Mylie10 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:17 pm

There was a time not so long ago, where the trade thread was extremely active. Oh the memories.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,663

Post#355 » by Coxy » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:45 am

Mylie10 wrote:

There was a time not so long ago, where the trade thread was extremely active. Oh the memories.

The trade thread used to be lit. You'd make a pot then 3 hours later it'd be 6 pages later.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,337

Post#356 » by KevinMcreynolds » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:18 pm

Like when we should have traded Steph for Jrue Holiday. Solid gold. Herp derp 6th man GQ statpad. Nailing it.
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
Phase 3
Veteran
And1: 758

Post#357 » by Phase 3 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:04 pm

I wonder what the Sixers are looking to get for Jahlil Okafor. He’s a very skilled center with this year and next year on a rookie deal. He had some off-court issues early on...If he has a bad attitude I would pass. Has he grown out of those issues? I haven’t followed the Sixers much.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,663

Post#358 » by Coxy » Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:36 am

gsw213 wrote:I wonder what the Sixers are looking to get for Jahlil Okafor. He’s a very skilled center with this year and next year on a rookie deal. He had some off-court issues early on...If he has a bad attitude I would pass. Has he grown out of those issues? I haven’t followed the Sixers much.

I'd be willing to take a punt on the kid to be honest. I proposed a Looney/Jones/2nd for Okafor trade on the T&T board. He's a really skilled guy and could be a long term bench scoring big man for us.

The guy is at a huge crossroads in his life, and to come to the champs and learn from the best in this winning, positive environment could be just massive for him. Obviously I don't know the guy, but surely for a person in his current predicament, that would excite the balls out of him. I can see Draymond, David West, Zaza, Kerr, Iggy, Adams and the rest of the coaching staff all showing him what it means to contribute on a winning team. I'd take the chance on him, could be a really unique add.
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,829

Post#359 » by cdubbz » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:51 pm

Kuya wrote:If we weren't the favorites for the title over the next few years and looking dynastic, Klay for Lonzo would be an absolute steal for us.

Huh?!?!? No way. Include Randle and we're maybe talking
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,829

Post#360 » by cdubbz » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:56 pm

I wouldn't trade Jones in an okafor deal. Jones is unproven still. Feel he can add something
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.

Return to Golden State Warriors