ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Thread (TRADE WARS EPISODE V: The Empire Strikes Back)

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,745

Re: Trade Thread (TRADE WARS EPISODE V: The Empire Strikes Back) 

Post#381 » by azwfan » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:40 am

What are your thoughts on if we can get into the top 10 of the 2018 draft without dealing one of our big 4 (assuming our pick is no earlier than #28)?
If we do have enough to trade up in that range, what would it take?

Is some combo of Iguodala, Livingston, Bell, Jones, late 1st good enough to get into the top 10?
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,666

Post#382 » by Coxy » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:16 am

azwfan wrote:What are your thoughts on if we can get into the top 10 of the 2018 draft without dealing one of our big 4 (assuming our pick is no earlier than #28)?

Is some combo of Iguodala, Livingston, Bell, Jones, late 1st good enough to get into the top 10?

Not interested. We are in win NOW mode. Why break up the good thing we have now, to pick up a rookie that MAY turn into something good, or may fan out to be whatever. We just bought Jordan Bell for Cash, so I trust Myers to keep finding gems in the draft without giving up our gun role guys. Then there is also the chemistry issues it could potentially cause by shifting guys like Iggy, Liv and Bell, who are firmly part of our extended core group.

Just flat out, not interested.
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,745

Post#383 » by azwfan » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:38 am

Coxy wrote:
azwfan wrote:What are your thoughts on if we can get into the top 10 of the 2018 draft without dealing one of our big 4 (assuming our pick is no earlier than #28)?

Not interested. We are in win NOW mode. Why break up the good thing we have now, to pick up a rookie that MAY turn into something good, or may fan out to be whatever. We just bought Jordan Bell for Cash, so I trust Myers to keep finding gems in the draft without giving up our gun role guys. Then there is also the chemistry issues it could potentially cause by shifting guys like Iggy, Liv and Bell, who are firmly part of our extended core group.

If the luxury tax weren't an issue i would feel the same. But it most likely is (or will be very shortly), so rather than a straight salary dump in summer of 2019, try and get some value in summer of 2018.

Edit: And to answer your question... because rookies are cheaper. And Jordan Bell may even be cheap on his 2nd contract, but i would not expect that kind of production late in the 1st round often. See: Nedovic, Looney, Jones for further information... and these were all drafted by the same guy who bought us McCaw and Bell.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
Coxy
RealGM

Post#384 » by Coxy » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:06 am

azwfan wrote:
Coxy wrote:

If the luxury tax weren't an issue i would feel the same. But it most likely is (or will be very shortly), so rather than a straight salary dump in summer of 2019, try and get some value in summer of 2018.

Edit: And to answer your question... because rookies are cheaper. And Jordan Bell may even be cheap on his 2nd contract, but i would not expect that kind of production late in the 1st round often. See: Nedovic, Looney, Jones for further information... and these were all drafted by the same guy who bought us McCaw and Bell.

Yeah, I see your point, but I'd rather get the extra 1 yr of our guys, then lose them in a salary dump/retirement stage, then back Myers in free agency. We'll have plenty of suitors wanting to come play basketball here.
KidPistol
Sixth Man
And1: 1,510

Post#385 » by KidPistol » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:10 pm

Anyone interested in Boban?
The scariest question in NBA history.

"Can Stephen Curry get better?"
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#386 » by Mylie10 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:33 pm

KidPistol wrote:Anyone interested in Boban?

No....no need.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Zingod
Rookie
And1: 895

Post#387 » by Zingod » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:45 pm

He makes way too much money for someone who plays 5-10 minutes a night.
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#388 » by and1GS » Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:18 am

There's a great interview with Pop where he basically forced Boban to take the huge deal with Detroit. Here's the quote:

"He's such a good kid, at some point I had to work to get him to understand that $21 million was different than $3 million," Popovich said. "I said, 'Get your ass out of here. Go. You've got to do it.' But he felt bad."

"We knew he was gone," Popovich said. "It happens to every team. You lose a guy because you have to pay people and you can't pay them all."

After some reluctance at leaving his first NBA home, Marjanovic is settling in with Detroit.

"My first wish was to stay," Marjanovic said. "But this is good now. I think I made a good decision."

Not worth it at all. That's just stupid money for a 29 year old with literal gigantism.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
Phase 3
Veteran
And1: 758

Post#389 » by Phase 3 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:46 am

Re-visiting my “never gonna happen nba2k trade proposal”...who says no in this trade proposal....Iguodala and Bell for DeAndre Jordan? With the condition that DeAndre opts-in for next season. Joey Light Years would totally demoralize the rest of the league with that deal lol. I know I’m living in fantasy world but it’s the holiday season and I’m feeling frisky.
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,595

Post#390 » by HiRez » Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:33 am

Marcus Thompson is reporting the Warriors have had trade talks with Milwaukee about Javale McGee. Maybe looking to stock up on some more 2nd round picks?

Makes sense as Bell is taking up a lot of his minutes and if anything, Bell will probably play more as the season goes on. Bell seems more versatile against a greater array of matchups. The guys who give him the most trouble are probably guys like Cousins and Towns and Javale doesn’t really have the strength to deal with them well either.
BW32
Lead Assistant
And1: 761

Post#391 » by BW32 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:34 pm

If the Bucks are willing to trade anything for Zaza like the story says we'd be so dumb not to trade his ass dude is at the door of retirement anyways.
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,595

Post#392 » by HiRez » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:49 am

BW32 wrote:If the Bucks are willing to trade anything for Zaza like the story says we'd be so dumb not to trade his ass dude is at the door of retirement anyways.

I can't believe I'm saying it, but I actually think Zaza is more useful to us than McGee is right now. Zaza is limited, but he does the dirty work down low that McGee is either unwilling to do or incapable of doing. That's not a knock on McGee, but it's just not his game. Zaza is also a better FT shooter (although McGee has been very good this year, but on low volume), and he's a better passer, and even a better rebounder. You could argue Jordan Bell does everything Zaza does plus a lot more, but Bell also provides the high-energy, high-flying dunker role that McGee does, but with better defense.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#393 » by FNQ » Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:06 pm

BW32 wrote:If the Bucks are willing to trade anything for Zaza like the story says we'd be so dumb not to trade his ass dude is at the door of retirement anyways.

Zaza's RPM the past 4 years, starting in 2014-15: +4.80 (2nd among Cs, w/MIL); +1.55 (20th among Cs, w/DAL); +2.92 (7th); +2.50 (7th)
Zaza's BPM the past 4 years, starting in 2014-15: +1.4, +1.4, +2.7, +0.7

Zaza will be able to play into his late 30s. It's not like his style is predicated on quickness and speed. He's a big-time part-time bruiser, rebounder, screen-setter, and adept passer. And best of all, he's willing to play for the small salary we give him. Keep Zaza. David West wont play forever.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#394 » by FNQ » Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:14 pm

HiRez wrote:I can't believe I'm saying it, but I actually think Zaza is more useful to us than McGee is right now. Zaza is limited, but he does the dirty work down low that McGee is either unwilling to do or incapable of doing. That's not a knock on McGee, but it's just not his game. Zaza is also a better FT shooter (although McGee has been very good this year, but on low volume), and he's a better passer, and even a better rebounder. You could argue Jordan Bell does everything Zaza does plus a lot more, but Bell also provides the high-energy, high-flying dunker role that McGee does, but with better defense.

Zaza ALWAYS has been more useful than McGee. McGee is fun to watch, and he makes plays that are damned impressive, but Zaza is a better positional defender (which impacts the game far more than McGee's rim protection), a better passer, a better rebounder (this year, anyways) and a better screen setter. Unlike Zaza, McGee's skillset is redundant now with Jordan Bell in the fold. So I'd argue that Jordan Bell does everything McGee does, plus a lot more, with far fewer head-scratching decisions.

The only knock I have on Bell - and its a semi-big one - is defensive rebounding. He does tend to chase blocks a bit, which is reflected in his DREB. I figure as he learns the NBA game more, he'll chase them less and go for rebounds more. He definitely has rebounding prowess, as proved by his team leading 11.7% OREB rate (25th in the NBA among qualified players).. but I have faith that this guy will learn.

I'm still stunned at how he was there in the 2nd round, and wasnt a consensus 1st. When I didnt see him as a lotto/mid-1st in mocks, I had assumed he returned to school.
Coxy
RealGM

Post#395 » by Coxy » Tue Jan 2, 2018 7:19 am

Any of you guys like the look of Caris LeVert in Brooklyn? Have been watching him lately, and he'd be a great fit in the Bay for us. Have no idea how we would get him, but he has the size, handle, vision, shooting in a backup player that would excel for us. I see him as a Livingston replacement at a fraction of the cost.

Any idea what it would take to pry him away? Would a package of McCaw/Looney/Jones entice Brooklyn?
Quazza
Head Coach
And1: 1,727

Post#396 » by Quazza » Thu Jan 4, 2018 4:47 am

Coxy wrote:Any of you guys like the look of Caris LeVert in Brooklyn? Have been watching him lately, and he'd be a great fit in the Bay for us. Have no idea how we would get him, but he has the size, handle, vision, shooting in a backup player that would excel for us. I see him as a Livingston replacement at a fraction of the cost.

Any idea what it would take to pry him away? Would a package of McCaw/Looney/Jones entice Brooklyn?

I like him a lot but I'd say they'd probably have him down as their most "no way we are trading this dude" asset

Kid is a baller
KevinMcreynolds wrote:BIG DICK BOB DOIN WORK

KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment
Coxy
RealGM

Post#397 » by Coxy » Thu Jan 4, 2018 10:02 pm

Quazza wrote:
Coxy wrote:Any of you guys like the look of Caris LeVert in Brooklyn? Have been watching him lately, and he'd be a great fit in the Bay for us. Have no idea how we would get him, but he has the size, handle, vision, shooting in a backup player that would excel for us. I see him as a Livingston replacement at a fraction of the cost.

I like him a lot but I'd say they'd probably have him down as their most "no way we are trading this dude" asset

Kid is a baller

Ever since DeAngelo went down, he's shown the job he can do as a big PG/SG, PLUS he can shoot at a high efficiency. He also has a very strong, safe handle to him. He reminds me a lot of Will Barton from Denver, but smarter with ball in hand. Really like him as a direct replacement for Livingston.
Franc
Analyst
And1: 95

Post#398 » by Franc » Sun Jan 7, 2018 1:12 am

Zingod wrote:

He makes way too much money for someone who plays 5-10 minutes a night.

Anyone interested in Andrew Bogut?
When you put on that jersey, the name on the front is more important then the name on the back.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,298

Post#399 » by wco81 » Sun Jan 7, 2018 1:20 am

I think he could be more useful than Zaza but bridges have been burnt already.

Plus I'm sure the team feels loyalty to Zaza for taking a low contract twice. Same with West and that's someone they would probably like to come back next year.

Ultimately they want to use Bell in crunch time since he is more likely to be able to defend guards on those switches.
Quazza
Head Coach
And1: 1,727

Post#400 » by Quazza » Mon Jan 8, 2018 4:12 am

wco81 wrote:
Ultimately they want to use Bell in crunch time since he is more likely to be able to defend guards on those switches.

are my eyes tripping, or is Looney our best big on the switch right now?

his ability to stay in front of guards continually shocks the hell of of me
KevinMcreynolds wrote:BIG DICK BOB DOIN WORK

KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment

Return to Golden State Warriors