ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Thread (TRADE WARS EPISODE V: The Empire Strikes Back)

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,829

Re: Trade Thread (TRADE WARS EPISODE IV: A NEW HOPE) 

Post#81 » by cdubbz » Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:16 pm

Is Hibbert available? Where is he now? He was pretty horrible on the Lakers, but the lakers were horrible in general. Or has he just lost all his skill at this point? lol
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,198

Post#82 » by clyde21 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:19 pm

cdubbz wrote:Is Hibbert available? Where is he now? He was pretty horrible on the Lakers, but the lakers were horrible in general. Or has he just lost all his skill at this point? lol

He's done. I'd rather see what we have in McGee, honestly.
Quazza
Head Coach
And1: 1,727

Post#83 » by Quazza » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:09 pm

clyde21 wrote:
cdubbz wrote:Is Hibbert available? Where is he now? He was pretty horrible on the Lakers, but the lakers were horrible in general. Or has he just lost all his skill at this point? lol

He looked far from done yesterday
KevinMcreynolds wrote:BIG DICK BOB DOIN WORK

KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment
clyde21
RealGM

Post#84 » by clyde21 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:25 pm

Quazza wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

He looked far from done yesterday

He's done.
Phase 3
Veteran
And1: 758

Post#85 » by Phase 3 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:47 pm

Any other rim protectors out there besides Noel that could potentially become available before the trade deadline/buyout season?
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,164

Post#86 » by cpower » Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:55 am

Amir Johnson/Jae Crowder for Klay/Zaza?
offense for defense, we are geared up for PS.
Phase 3
Veteran

Post#87 » by Phase 3 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:21 am

cpower wrote:Amir Johnson/Jae Crowder for Klay/Zaza?

Hell no.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#88 » by clyde21 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:47 pm

gsw213 wrote:

Hell no.

I wouldn't do that deal either, but this notion that Klay is this untouchable entity needs to die a quick death. He's not as good as a lot of people on this board make him out to be.
Phase 3
Veteran

Post#89 » by Phase 3 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:04 pm

clyde21 wrote:
gsw213 wrote:

Hell no.

I wouldn't do that deal either, but this notion that Klay is this untouchable entity needs to die a quick death. He's not as good as a lot of people on this board make him out to be.

Do you really think they are going to trade Klay? Jerry West and the rest of the Warriors front office LOVE him. I don't see a scenario where any of the core 4 gets traded(Curry, Klay, Durant, Green). All 4 are great young players on very good contracts. Maybe Draymond has a slight chance to get traded IF he goes completely off the rails but I don't think that will happen. IMO Draymond wants to be a part of this just as much as anyone on the team...That's why trade proposals involving any of those 4 are unrealistic right now.
AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst
And1: 363

Post#90 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:08 pm

I'd love to get Gorgi Dieng from Minnesota, but I feel Minnesota will do anything to keep him and force KAT to play more PF.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#91 » by clyde21 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:18 pm

gsw213 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
gsw213 wrote:Hell no.

Do you really think they are going to trade Klay? Jerry West and the rest of the Warriors front office LOVE him. I don't see a scenario where any of the core 4 gets traded(Curry, Klay, Durant, Green). All 4 are great young players on very good contracts. Maybe Draymond has a slight chance to get traded IF he goes completely off the rails but I don't think that will happen. IMO Draymond wants to be a part of this just as much as anyone on the team...That's why trade proposals involving any of those 4 are unrealistic right now.

Didn't say they're gonna trade Klay - just saying that he's isn't as untouchable as a lot of people here think he is.
XtremeDunkz
General Manager
And1: 6,843

Post#92 » by XtremeDunkz » Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:11 pm

I apologize as I have not read this thread,but Noel to the Warriors makes way too much sense. A young big that can run the floor, protects the rim, generates steals, and does not require touches on offense outside of lobs and offense rebounds. I know resigning him would probably be a long shot, however I think it would make you guys a lock for the title this season.
10/27/16
Nemesis21 wrote:It is absolutely hilarious hearing people still say Embiid has superstar potential.The guy is one injury away from being Greg Oden.:lol: Except Oden manged to play over 100 games in the NBA, I don't think Embiid will play more.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#93 » by clyde21 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:51 pm

XtremeDunkz wrote:I apologize as I have not read this thread,but Noel to the Warriors makes way too much sense. A young big that can run the floor, protects the rim, generates steals, and does not require touches on offense outside of lobs and offense rebounds. I know resigning him would probably be a long shot, however I think it would make you guys a lock for the title this season.

No need to apologize, you can chime in anytime.

I agree that Klay for Noel makes a lot of sense. But it can't be a straight up trade. We're giving up the better, more established player. You'd have to thrown in at least Covington or your first rounder - maybe even both.

Also, if we trade Klay, resigning Noel wouldn't be a problem IIRC.
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,164

Post#94 » by cpower » Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:29 am

gsw213 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
gsw213 wrote:Hell no.

we dont need a core 4. Come PS time we need more defense and less offense. With KD and Curry, we are set for one of the best offensive duo ever. But our defense and depth is not there. Jordan/Pipp had Rodman/harper , Kobe/Shaq had Horry/Fisher and Duncan/Manu had Kawhi/Bowen/Horry.. etc. Not saying Klay is not great, but it's pretty much needed to win champions with defensive core.
Phase 3
Veteran

Post#95 » by Phase 3 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:08 am

cpower wrote:
gsw213 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

we dont need a core 4. Come PS time we need more defense and less offense. With KD and Curry, we are set for one of the best offensive duo ever. But our defense and depth is not there. Jordan/Pipp had Rodman/harper , Kobe/Shaq had Horry/Fisher and Duncan/Manu had Kawhi/Bowen/Horry.. etc. Not saying Klay is not great, but it's pretty much needed to win champions with defensive core.

Adding a rim protector would do wonders for the defense...that's what I hope the front office will look to do. If they can keep the core 4 while doing that, it will be off to the races.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,661

Post#96 » by Coxy » Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:34 am

My prime time, semi-obtainable but highly unlikely mid-season trade target ideas are as follows:

Taj Gibson
Jusuf Nurkic
Alex Len or Tyson Chandler
Kenneth Faried
Phase 3
Veteran

Post#97 » by Phase 3 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:43 am

XtremeDunkz wrote:I apologize as I have not read this thread,but Noel to the Warriors makes way too much sense. A young big that can run the floor, protects the rim, generates steals, and does not require touches on offense outside of lobs and offense rebounds. I know resigning him would probably be a long shot, however I think it would make you guys a lock for the title this season.

What are you guys looking for in return for Noel?
Phase 3
Veteran

Post#98 » by Phase 3 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:48 am

Coxy wrote:My prime time, semi-obtainable but highly unlikely mid-season trade target ideas are as follows:

Taj Gibson
Jusuf Nurkic
Kenneth Faried

I don't think Nurkic or Len will be available...probably not Faried either. But Gibson or Chandler might be. Gibson is on the final year of his deal and I think Chandler has a few years left on his deal. I would prefer Chandler out of those 2 but it would be tough to make the salaries work in a trade...unless the W's would be trading Iguodala. And I don't think the Warriors want to do that. He's a leader in the locker room and the organization loves him. My guess is they try to find a big on a lower salary for that reason.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,661

Post#99 » by Coxy » Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:56 am

gsw213 wrote:
Coxy wrote:My prime time, semi-obtainable but highly unlikely mid-season trade target ideas are as follows:

Taj Gibson
Jusuf Nurkic
Kenneth Faried

I don't think Nurkic or Len will be available...probably not Faried either. But Gibson or Chandler might be. Gibson is on the final year of his deal and I think Chandler has a few years left on his deal. I would prefer Chandler out of those 2 but it would be tough to make the salaries work in a trade...unless the W's would be trading Iguodala. And I don't think the Warriors want to do that. He's a leader in the locker room and the organization loves him. My guess is they try to find a big on a lower salary for that reason.

Warriors deal - Andre Iguodala/Damian Jones
Suns deal - Tyson Chandler

Why for Phoenix - The Suns are young, and they have Len at C. In this deal, they get out of Tyson's 3 years worth of money and bring in Iggy for vet leadership and he's expiring this season. They also add a young big that has a bright future in Jones to back up Len.

Why for the Warriors - They need a rim protector and size at the 5. Zaza is looking really old for the Warriors (Overreaction after 2 games maybe.....lol). They lose Iggy's leadership and defence, but the need for size has become very apparent for the Warriors defence. They get a big at the very tail end of his career, but he's still better than Zaza. Losing the young Jones hurts, but that's the price.
Phase 3
Veteran

Post#100 » by Phase 3 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:03 am

Coxy wrote:
gsw213 wrote:

Taj Gibson
Jusuf Nurkic
Kenneth Faried

Warriors deal - Andre Iguodala/Damian Jones
Suns deal - Tyson Chandler

Why for Phoenix - The Suns are young, and they have Len at C. In this deal, they get out of Tyson's 3 years worth of money and bring in Iggy for vet leadership and he's expiring this season. They also add a young big that has a bright future in Jones to back up Len.

Why for the Warriors - They need a rim protector and size at the 5. Zaza is looking really old for the Warriors (Overreaction after 2 games maybe.....lol). They lose Iggy's leadership and defence, but the need for size has become very apparent for the Warriors defence. They get a big at the very tail end of his career, but he's still better than Zaza. Losing the young Jones hurts, but that's the price.

I don't know man...I think the Warriors pass on that trade. If Chandler was a little younger I would probably pull the trigger but he's slowed down a lot in the times I watched him last year. I'm with you though on Zaza. He seems like a nice guy but he just doesn't do what the Warriors need from their starting center. They must upgrade him somehow.

Return to Golden State Warriors