ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Thread (TRADE WARS EPISODE V: The Empire Strikes Back)

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Re: Trade Thread (TRADE WARS EPISODE V: The Empire Strikes Back) 

Post#941 » by Mylie10 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:28 pm

clyde21 wrote:Magic get: D-Lo
Warriors get: Bamba, Ross, Augustin

I need a first round pick in a Russell deal.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
OptionZero
Starter
And1: 1,828

Post#942 » by OptionZero » Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:54 pm

For that pile of trash, it would take two unprotected first rounders at least.

Augustin is a 32 y/o, 5'11 PG who is shootnig 30% from 3. Bamba is on the Hasheem Thabeet track. Ross is a one-way wing who . . .is shooting like a zero-way wing. It's spare parts.

GSW is gonna shop Dlo WITH the first, per WOJ, which means they're gonna be looking at the top of market.
Failing that, it's gonna be multiple GOOD rotation or better level dudes.

not a pile of trash
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,134

Post#943 » by cpower » Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:26 am

that is beyond terrible. we are not even getting a SF
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,183

Post#944 » by clyde21 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:32 am

cpower wrote:

that is beyond terrible. we are not even getting a SF

that's what we have our 1st round pick for.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#945 » by clyde21 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:49 am

OptionZero wrote:For that pile of trash, it would take two unprotected first rounders at least.

Augustin is a 32 y/o, 5'11 PG who is shootnig 30% from 3. Bamba is on the Hasheem Thabeet track. Ross is a one-way wing who . . .is shooting like a zero-way wing. It's spare parts.

GSW is gonna shop Dlo WITH the first, per WOJ, which means they're gonna be looking at the top of market.
Failing that, it's gonna be multiple GOOD rotation or better level dudes.

not a pile of trash

Augustin is just salary filler, no one cares.

and the overrating of DLo is comical, dude is not that good, and is on a bad contract, if you think you're getting more than Ross/Bamba for DLo good **** luck closing any deal.
OptionZero
Starter

Post#946 » by OptionZero » Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:06 am

I personally do not think Dlo is particularly special; however, as i have said before, neither your nor my opinion of him determines his trade matters. What matters is what OTHER TEAMS think of him.

We already know based on recent reporting MIN really loves him. Chris Haynes also said there are teams that still like him. Zach Lowe says some don't. As long as there's a couple teams that want him for us to leverage, we should be able to do way better than the crap package you described.

Don't think your personal feelings on him reflect the reality of his trade value
clyde21
RealGM

Post#947 » by clyde21 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:28 am

OptionZero wrote:I personally do not think Dlo is particularly special; however, as i have said before, neither your nor my opinion of him determines his trade matters. What matters is what OTHER TEAMS think of him.

We already know based on recent reporting MIN really loves him. Chris Haynes also said there are teams that still like him. Zach Lowe says some don't. As long as there's a couple teams that want him for us to leverage, we should be able to do way better than the crap package you described.

Don't think your personal feelings on him reflect the reality of his trade value

i have no personal feelings towards Dlo outside his ability as a basketball player, he's a 30mil per year, primarily on-ball PnR guard that can't play off-ball and can't defend..not sure what you think that kind of player will net you in a trade in today's NBA but again, if you think you're gonna get a package much better than Culver/Covington or Bamba/Ross welcome to narnia.
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#948 » by Mylie10 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:57 am

We don't know Minny loves him do we? Because Towns, Booker, and Russell want to play together doesn't mean the Wolves like Russell.

To me it just means they might value him to keep their Cash cow happy. Because if they don't, then at some point Towns might push to go the Sun's to pair up there.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,201

Post#949 » by wco81 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:28 am

Supposedly some of the Wolves preseason marketing featured DLo because they believed they’d sign him.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,656

Post#950 » by Coxy » Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:13 am

clyde21 wrote:
OptionZero wrote:I personally do not think Dlo is particularly special; however, as i have said before, neither your nor my opinion of him determines his trade matters. What matters is what OTHER TEAMS think of him.

i have no personal feelings towards Dlo outside his ability as a basketball player, he's a 30mil per year, primarily on-ball PnR guard that can't play off-ball and can't defend..not sure what you think that kind of player will net you in a trade in today's NBA but again, if you think you're gonna get a package much better than Culver/Covington or Bamba/Ross welcome to narnia.

You keep preaching this take, with zero evidence to prove your stance for return in trade for Dlo is parts, and it's embarassing. You have literally no idea how our asset is viewed around the league, but you keep ramming it down this boards throat that Dlo is crud and needs to be broken down into parts, a take that isn't supported at all going off the peer opinion here. If you think your opinion is that important, get off this board and apply to the Warriors management already, and try selling your negative ass thought process on them in search of employment. If you're successful, let me know because I'd love to know what Narnia is like.

Give it a rest, and try supporting the team for once rather than giving in to your negative mindset towards our young growing asset with elite skills in a trade for him. He's worth more than Culver/Covington or Bamba/Ross, try selling up, not down, business organisations love that.
Warriors Analyst
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,694

Post#951 » by Warriors Analyst » Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:50 pm

Coxy wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

You keep preaching this take, with zero evidence to prove your stance for return in trade for Dlo is parts, and it's embarassing. You have literally no idea how our asset is viewed around the league, but you keep ramming it down this boards throat that Dlo is crud and needs to be broken down into parts, a take that isn't supported at all going off the peer opinion here. If you think your opinion is that important, get off this board and apply to the Warriors management already, and try selling your negative ass thought process on them in search of employment. If you're successful, let me know because I'd love to know what Narnia is like.

Give it a rest, and try supporting the team for once rather than giving in to your negative mindset towards our young growing asset with elite skills in a trade for him. He's worth more than Culver/Covington or Bamba/Ross, try selling up, not down, business organisations love that.

Clyde has spent years thinking up ways to get low value back for Warriors players. During the early Durant era he loved proposing Klay trades. Some of the greatest hits included Klay and Looney for Murray, Hernangomez, + a 1st, Klay for Nurkic, Hernangomez, + 1st, Klay for Covington and assorted parts, shipping off Draymond to make room for Jordan Bell etc.
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#952 » by Mylie10 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:07 pm

Irregardless of Clyde, we all are assuming the value of Russell.

Of you are realistic when thinking about him as a player, his style, his strengths, his weaknesses.....then you have to admit it narrows the pool of possible trades.

He's an acquired taste. The biggest drawing card I can see is a want for Town's and Booker to team up at some point.

So that affects value coming back. And the players mentioned coming back are also subjective. Different people value certain players differently.

I'm going to be realistic in what I expect coming back in a trade. To me there has to be fit, and there has to be a first rounder or something equivalent.
Khoee wrote “
OptionZero
Starter

Post#953 » by OptionZero » Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:25 pm

This is an all-in move, some folks are gonna hate it, and it would take NOP liking Dlo. Note that they are looking to move Jrue so that will clear a big backcourt spot. This is a trade for this deadline, it cannot feasibly be done in the summer due to Ingram's RFA (would require a sign and trade that hardcaps us again, we ain't doing that)

GSW sends:
Dlo
WCS (fodder)
unprotected 2020 1st rounde
r
NOP sends:
Favors (makes $16M this year, then UFA)
Brandon Ingram ($8M this year, then RFA)

Yeah, i know, everyone's freaking out that GSW is sending out both dlo and the unprotected first. If thats too much, go ahead and click away. But here's why i'd do it:

Ingram is more valuable than Dlo. Not only does NOP not have any other SF, but they're also rebuilding and ingram is 22. Hitch for them is that he's a RFA and would demand the max or sign a 3+1 elsewhere, which reduces their team control. Maybe Griffin isn't quite ready to commit . . . so flipping him for two assets, one of which is locked up, is a value play for long term.
Favors is 28, he's having a down year, and he's a UFA. That doesn't mean much for NOP, so they shouldn't have a problem moving him.

For GSW, Ingram fills the SF hole immediately. He's 22 so he's worth extending as part of both future and present. This year, his shooting has exploded, he's over 40% from 3P. The length gives him tremendous defensive potential. Although he is only 22, he's got 4 years of experience so he's not an unproven player. He also played for Luke briefly, so he has some idea what Kerr's scheme looks like. Bottom line, plays are more valuable and more needed position, he's a year younger, and he's been better than Dlo this year. The heart thing is real, but until someone reports that it's a renewed concern, you eat the risk. Consider also that the draft does not have any SF that is better than Ingram - it's current, known value against a mystery box. If he's good, you have a future SF that also helps now

Favors has more value to GSW than NOP. He has historically been a good starting level center. He's having a down year, and part of that is health (back injury). That's a big risk. But his mom also died recently, which is what caused him to miss more games. You can't put that on him. While we do not have full Bird rights on him, we'd get early Bird rights. He makes $16M so that should be more than flexibility to re-sign him.

We also punt WCS's small guarantee next year.

I know we have Looney, Chriss,and Spellman, plus we all wanna see Smailagic . . . but if we are going back to championship mode, a healthy and rejuvenated Favors is better than all of them. (I also don't think he gets the $16M again, tbh).

ADDED BONUS:
This trade saves $5M now, so we could conceivably get under the tax line. I think flipping burks for no incoming salary gets it done. This is primarily a Lacob concern, but hey, it's a bonus.

Side feature:
David Griffin is homies with Steve kerr from the PHX days. We know how deals go smoother when you're dealing with homies.

Next year, the squad would look like this. . .

Starters:
Steph, Klay, Ingram, Dray, Favors

Bench options:
Bowman, Lee, Evans, Paschall, Chriss, Spellman, Smailagic, $17M TPE acquisition, TPMLE signing (Burks?)

This might be our best case scenario that doesn't kill the future and preserves current contendership
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,239

Post#954 » by xdrta+ » Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:59 pm

@ #953
I don't think the Warriors can trade their 1st round pick by the deadline since they already traded it to Brooklyn.
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach
And1: 789

Post#955 » by ChuckDurn » Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:01 pm

OptionZero wrote:This is an all-in move, some folks are gonna hate it, and it would take NOP liking Dlo. Note that they are looking to move Jrue so that will clear a big backcourt spot. This is a trade for this deadline, it cannot feasibly be done in the summer due to Ingram's RFA (would require a sign and trade that hardcaps us again, we ain't doing that)

GSW sends:
Dlo
WCS (fodder)
r
NOP sends:

Yeah, i know, everyone's freaking out that GSW is sending out both dlo and the unprotected first. If thats too much, go ahead and click away. But here's why i'd do it:

Ingram is more valuable than Dlo. Not only does NOP not have any other SF, but they're also rebuilding and ingram is 22. Hitch for them is that he's a RFA and would demand the max or sign a 3+1 elsewhere, which reduces their team control. Maybe Griffin isn't quite ready to commit . . . so flipping him for two assets, one of which is locked up, is a value play for long term.
Favors is 28, he's having a down year, and he's a UFA. That doesn't mean much for NOP, so they shouldn't have a problem moving him.

For GSW, Ingram fills the SF hole immediately. He's 22 so he's worth extending as part of both future and present. This year, his shooting has exploded, he's over 40% from 3P. The length gives him tremendous defensive potential. Although he is only 22, he's got 4 years of experience so he's not an unproven player. He also played for Luke briefly, so he has some idea what Kerr's scheme looks like. Bottom line, plays are more valuable and more needed position, he's a year younger, and he's been better than Dlo this year. The heart thing is real, but until someone reports that it's a renewed concern, you eat the risk. Consider also that the draft does not have any SF that is better than Ingram - it's current, known value against a mystery box. If he's good, you have a future SF that also helps now

Favors has more value to GSW than NOP. He has historically been a good starting level center. He's having a down year, and part of that is health (back injury). That's a big risk. But his mom also died recently, which is what caused him to miss more games. You can't put that on him. While we do not have full Bird rights on him, we'd get early Bird rights. He makes $16M so that should be more than flexibility to re-sign him.

I know we have Looney, Chriss,and Spellman, plus we all wanna see Smailagic . . . but if we are going back to championship mode, a healthy and rejuvenated Favors is better than all of them. (I also don't think he gets the $16M again, tbh).

ADDED BONUS:
This trade saves $5M now, so we could conceivably get under the tax line. I think flipping burks for no incoming salary gets it done. This is primarily a Lacob concern, but hey, it's a bonus.

Side feature:
David Griffin is homies with Steve kerr from the PHX days. We know how deals go smoother when you're dealing with homies.

Starters:

Bench options:
Bowman, Lee, Evans, Paschall, Chriss, Spellman, Smailagic, $17M TPE acquisition, TPMLE signing (Burks?)

This might be our best case scenario that doesn't kill the future and preserves current contendership

Favors being a UFA this summer kills this. He could leave, and then it’s obviously way, way too much to give up.

I like Ingram, always have.... note that part of his improvement this year is due to playing up to the 4 quite a bit with Zion out. He’d probably do the same here, so I’m not worried much about that.....
If I don't have anything funny to say, can I still have a signature?
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach
And1: 789

Post#956 » by ChuckDurn » Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:04 pm

xdrta+ wrote:@ #953
I don't think the Warriors can trade their 1st round pick by the deadline since they already traded it to Brooklyn.

I think it’s top-20 protected to Brooklyn, and otherwise becomes some future 2nd-rounders. I think theoretically they might be able trade it to someone else, under a condition that it ONLY goes there if it’s 1-20 (which will obviously be the case).

I think another team had a couple of deals recently where if the pick was in a certain range, team X got it, but in a different range team Y got it. Not 100% sure on that......
If I don't have anything funny to say, can I still have a signature?
OptionZero
Starter

Post#957 » by OptionZero » Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:31 pm

Brooklyn gets it if its 21-30
We can reverse protect it so they ONLY get it if its 1-20. HOU has done trades like this before, with narrow protections
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,743

Post#958 » by azwfan » Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:11 am

OptionZero wrote:

Brooklyn gets it if its 21-30
We can reverse protect it so they ONLY get it if its 1-20. HOU has done trades like this before, with narrow protections

Yup, don't see why that would be an issue.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,743

Post#959 » by azwfan » Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:15 am

OptionZero wrote:This is an all-in move, some folks are gonna hate it, and it would take NOP liking Dlo. Note that they are looking to move Jrue so that will clear a big backcourt spot. This is a trade for this deadline, it cannot feasibly be done in the summer due to Ingram's RFA (would require a sign and trade that hardcaps us again, we ain't doing that)

GSW sends:
Dlo
WCS (fodder)
r
NOP sends:

ADDED BONUS:

Side feature:

Starters:

Bench options:

Great trade idea, but I highly doubt NO accepts. They really like Ingram.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,201

Post#960 » by wco81 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:23 am

OK the thing is, as good as Ingram can look at times, he's lost a lot in his career, which just shows he's not a difference maker. There were people who thought NO was a threat to make the playoffs, win around 40 games. I don't think they really expected to lose this much.

On this team, he wouldn't get possessions to try to create for himself on the dribble.

He's going to be looking for max money and some team may yet force them to match it.

Return to Golden State Warriors