Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

GoldenState4Life
Head Coach
And1: 94

Re: Shaun Livingston re-signs with the Warriors 

Post#21 » by GoldenState4Life » Sat Jul 1, 2017 8:49 am

Great deal.

Clark is gone.

Absolutely no way Iggy is leaving...these guys love...LOVE playing together and Lacob is not cheap.

And for the people worried about not having a 5th...FIFTH all-star at center... rumors of Dedmon for full MLE.... not an all-star, but a young, talented center on both ends.
FloydWarrior
Junior
And1: 182

Post#22 » by FloydWarrior » Sat Jul 1, 2017 11:16 am

Didn't see this one coming, good for him and us. The structure of the deal is also at a sweet spot for the Warriors, 3 years with 2m guaranted in the third.

wco81 wrote:He'll be a beloved member of the Warriors community after he retires. Maybe he gets a community relations job with the team or gets something in the media.

He obviously wanted to stay with the team and in the area rather than chase more money elsewhere. Will live well but Bay Area is still expensive.

No biggie, he'll be alright. As it stands, he's made 41M during his career and this contract will be his biggest payday. I also think he will eventually get in the media business, he seems very eloquent during interviews.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#23 » by Mylie10 » Sat Jul 1, 2017 1:24 pm

Coxy wrote:Did NOT see this coming so quickly. Has me very worried that Iggy has told Myers and Lacob that he is interested in cashing in.

Kind of my worry too. But if we had to lose Iguodala, I'm pumped to have Shaun back.

We shall see fingers crossed. Livingston is a true pro, and I love him, lol
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
TheSuperShake5
Ballboy
And1: 3

Post#24 » by TheSuperShake5 » Sat Jul 1, 2017 1:26 pm

Iggy needs to chill man
RichmondWarrior
Pro Prospect
And1: 91

Post#25 » by RichmondWarrior » Sat Jul 1, 2017 1:56 pm

I'd like Gay if we do lose Iggy.....but Iggy's leadership is what's invaluable.
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#26 » by Mylie10 » Sat Jul 1, 2017 2:20 pm

RichmondWarrior wrote:I'd like Gay if we do lose Iggy.....but Iggy's leadership is what's invaluable.

Gay opted out of 14 mil with the Kings. No way he comes here for the mle. And I wouldn't care for the dude anyhow, kind of a loser. I dont see him taking less to win.

Iguodala is nust setting his market. Then the Warriors will counter.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#27 » by old rem » Sat Jul 1, 2017 3:40 pm

laika wrote:Livingston is worth almost nothing at this point. Every available dollar should have been reserved to try to resign Iguodala and one decent C. If Iguodala leaves due to a lack of money then this will turn out to be a horrendous deal.

Although maybe Iguodala is already gone and this is the signal.
At Iggy's age....with his tender knees, he's not gonna be big minutes NOW and less as he ages. GSW will WANT to pay what he IS worth to GSW.. but can not just throw LARGE $ at everyone.GSW has to ink Durant BEFORE they pay all the " Bird Rights" guys and have to have SOMETHING in mind for the CENTERS who are all NO Bird and UFA.

I don't want to rely on One Year ring Chasers.
CENSORED... No comment.
Boarder Patrol
Head Coach
And1: 3,743

Post#28 » by Boarder Patrol » Sat Jul 1, 2017 3:58 pm

Knicks fan, so forgive the ignorance, but whats the most you guys can offer Iggy? How do you see it playing out?

Sent from my SM-G920V using RealGM mobile app
statsman
Analyst
And1: 438

Post#29 » by statsman » Sat Jul 1, 2017 4:44 pm

Boarder Patrol wrote:Knicks fan, so forgive the ignorance, but whats the most you guys can offer Iggy? How do you see it playing out?[/url]

They have full Bird rights, so anything up to the 35% max.

Don't know what he's going to do.
The Hack
Rookie
And1: 269

Post#30 » by The Hack » Sat Jul 1, 2017 4:48 pm

This is great....if we lost both Liv/Iggy it would be a problem. Hopefully Iggy stays
NBAfan3024
RealGM
And1: 7,035

Post#31 » by NBAfan3024 » Sat Jul 1, 2017 4:54 pm

Don't think people realise how big of a bargain this is
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#32 » by Mylie10 » Sat Jul 1, 2017 5:30 pm

NBAfan3024 wrote:Don't think people realise how big of a bargain this is

I think most people do. It took a few years, but more and more people have become accepting of these giant contracts. It's also Livingstone biggest payday ever. Win win.
Khoee wrote “
Passthebaltome
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#33 » by Passthebaltome » Sat Jul 1, 2017 6:42 pm

Sorry if I am double posting.

A few years ago, when Thompson was up for signing a new contract, Iguoldala made it known publicly with a 'pay the man,' or something like that.

Has any teammate spoken up similarly for Andre?

It can't be a case of 'If they pay him now, they won't have enough left later for me."
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#34 » by turk3d » Sat Jul 1, 2017 7:01 pm

Passthebaltome wrote:Sorry if I am double posting.

A few years ago, when Thompson was up for signing a new contract, Iguoldala made it known publicly with a 'pay the man,' or something like that.

Has any teammate spoken up similarly for Andre?

It can't be a case of 'If they pay him now, they won't have enough left later for me."

Everyone knows the Warriors cap situation. Steph getting a deal averaging $40M/yr, KD willing to take somewhat less than he's eligible for (and well worth), all the FAs the Warriors have that they'd like to bring back. Andre knows the deal. He also knows that everyone would like for him to re-sign but unfortunately economics might dictate otherwise. Nothing really to say until he gets some offers. A lot of speculation at this point, but no telling what they're going to be.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#35 » by and1GS » Sat Jul 1, 2017 7:59 pm

Great signing. People sometimes forget how incredibly gifted Shaun is as a basketballer. A 6'7" PG with an automatic midranger who plays good perimeter D and has an incredible natural court vision/passing instinct - all that from a guy who plays within himself with a high BBIQ? Ya...sign me the **** up.

There's only one Andre Iguodala, but Shaun provides 80% of what Dre does. Not saying we shouldn't bring back Iguodala, just that Shaun gives us a very underrated wrinkle against every team in the NBA. Add to all of this that he's an incredible locker room leader and it would've been tough to see him go.

All that said, I have 0 idea how we fit Andre in at roughly 12-14m while not going over the lux tax line by 30-40m...
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
Left*My*Heart
RealGM
And1: 641

Post#36 » by Left*My*Heart » Sat Jul 1, 2017 10:06 pm

I love the Livingston moments, but frankly I thought it was time to part with him, especially for this much money. The priority is Iguodala, not Livingston. Give Livingston's minutes to McCaw and move forward.

I'm not saying Livingston wasn't a vital part of this team the past few years, but his production is on the decline. Iguodala's game improves so much during the playoffs that overall the past three seasons he has been their +/- leader in the finals.

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums
Bball0000
Bench Warmer
And1: 361

Post#37 » by Bball0000 » Tue Jul 4, 2017 1:19 am

laika wrote:
Bball0000 wrote:
laika wrote:Livingston is worth almost nothing at this point

? From what perspective? His teammates will tell you way different.

I got bored of posting stats that people ignored, but the finals On/Off ratings were somewhat shocking.

Iguodala---------33.0
Green------------15.5
West--------------10.7
Durant------------6.8
Curry--------------4.1
Thompson--neg 4.2
McCaw------neg 7.9
Clark---------neg 8.3
Pachulia---neg 13.4
Livingston-neg 32.3

Iguodala struggles at times against other teams, but he is an absolute Cavs killer. Calling Livingston worthless would be too kind. Maybe this is a one time glitch, but with him getting older it would be hard to give him the benefit of the doubt. Of course with the East turning into a D-league the Warriors can expect to face the Cavs every year in the finals.

Takes like yours = proof the dude is way underrated. Even if I were to be so limited to think stats tell the whole story on any player, even your scope is FIVE GAMES :lol: If you think Livingston's basketball value (aka things that help teams win) = worthless, I'm pretty sure any basketball intangible goes over your head. Watch the guy play, nuff said. Any fan can tell you Shaun's been an integral part of the team. Also he's the best passer on the team. Better than Dray, better than Iggy, better than Curry.

"worthless" :lol: smh. I know it's from 2016, but do you really think a player drops off and just forgets how to play in 1 yr. He's 31 not 50.
Bball0000
Bench Warmer

Post#38 » by Bball0000 » Tue Jul 4, 2017 1:28 am

and1GS wrote:Great signing. People sometimes forget how incredibly gifted Shaun is as a basketballer. A 6'7" PG with an automatic midranger who plays good perimeter D and has an incredible natural court vision/passing instinct - all that from a guy who plays within himself with a high BBIQ? Ya...sign me the **** up.

There's only one Andre Iguodala, but Shaun provides 80% of what Dre does. Not saying we shouldn't bring back Iguodala, just that Shaun gives us a very underrated wrinkle against every team in the NBA. Add to all of this that he's an incredible locker room leader and it would've been tough to see him go.

All that said, I have 0 idea how we fit Andre in at roughly 12-14m while not going over the lux tax line by 30-40m...

Nah man, all that stuff is worthless. Doesn't help win ball games at all.
Bball0000
Bench Warmer

Post#39 » by Bball0000 » Tue Jul 4, 2017 1:30 am

RichmondWarrior wrote:I'd like Gay if we do lose Iggy.....but Iggy's leadership is what's invaluable.

Glad we dodged that bullet. Gay is a black hole.
Quazza
Head Coach
And1: 1,727

Post#40 » by Quazza » Tue Jul 4, 2017 3:28 am

Bball0000 wrote:

Gay is a black hole.

Ok nup, not touching that one
KevinMcreynolds wrote:BIG DICK BOB DOIN WORK

KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment

Return to Golden State Warriors