ImageImageImageImageImage

Meyers work is done this offseason

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Meyers work is done this offseason 

Post#1 » by turk3d » Sat Aug 5, 2017 11:59 pm

After the McGee signing, it looks like Meyers has nothing else left to do this offseason.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/warriors/another-win-ws-javale-returns-minimum-complete-roster
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
Quazza
Head Coach
And1: 1,727

Re: Meyers work is done this offseason 

Post#2 » by Quazza » Sun Aug 6, 2017 8:29 am

Won a championship and on paper , he made us better again

All hail Bob <3
KevinMcreynolds wrote:BIG DICK BOB DOIN WORK

KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,264

Post#3 » by Onus » Mon Aug 7, 2017 4:18 pm

Can someone give Bob some **** credit!
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#4 » by and1GS » Mon Aug 7, 2017 6:01 pm

He won't win exec of the year this year, but doing what he did without severely hamstringing our future, like a certain more Ohio opponent has famously done, is nothing short of incredible. I have no doubt that we could lose any of our big 4 for half a season and still finish as the #1 seed.

All of this has been done without giving out crippling contracts to replacement-level guys or trading away picks for fringe rotation guys. We have all of our first rounders for the foreseeable future and all but one of our seconds. The only 'bad' contract you could say he's handed out is to gift Iguodala with a huge deal, culminating in him making $17m at 35 years of age. But you kinda had to give it to him unfortunately.

Things will get really rough once we sign Durant to a larger deal, and things might start to crumble once Klay is up for his extension and we kinda get forced into making a risky move. Until then, Bob Myers has hit an apex of NBA GM that I doubt anyone ever reaches again.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,745

Post#5 » by azwfan » Tue Aug 8, 2017 2:24 am

Yeah, next off season should be interesting. I'm sure the "trade Klay" drums will beat a little louder. Myers will probably get criticized no matter what he does. Anyone remember that there were folks on this board upset we didn't trade Barnes for Len (pretty sure that was the rumor)?
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
Quazza
Head Coach
And1: 1,727

Post#6 » by Quazza » Tue Aug 8, 2017 2:42 am

Onus wrote:Can someone give Bob some **** credit!

Loved this comment from Dray

Would be great on a shirt
KevinMcreynolds wrote:BIG DICK BOB DOIN WORK

KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment
Flash Falcon X
General Manager
And1: 4,706

Post#7 » by Flash Falcon X » Tue Aug 8, 2017 5:23 am

Warriors were automatically getting better just from KD having a year under his belt in a "transition" year. And it wasn't even a full season at that.

Just having the star guys and coaches working together for that year already improves the chemistry and experience.

Steph, Klay and Draymond are all capable of getting better, too.

Steph getting his godly percentages back; Klay being more consistent; Draymond improving his jumper.

Bob could have done nothing and the squad still would have improved...

But...

Not only did he keep the team, but made them even better.

Casual NBA fans think the Warriors don't need any more shooting, but when you think of Warriors shooters you only think of Steph, Klay, and KD. Now the team brought in two shooters in Nick Young and Omri Casspi who are threats, especially when playing with playmakers like Iguodala and Livingston who can facilitate. And then we got a 60% FG athletic big in McGee who they can throw the lob to and energize the team???

And Patrick McCaw will most likely be improved, too???

And now we got mobile athletic defensive big in Jordan Bell as our rookie??? And a healthy Damian Jones???

And don't sleep on David West! Yeah he's old, but he'll benefit from that year of experience with the team, too! Now David West can start the season already knowing what he needs to do; no more testing the waters. He won a championship with this squad and now he's hungry for more!

And we got Zaza back, too?? I don't even like him but damn this depth is crazy!!!

Remember when the best the Warriors could do in free agency was Derek Fisher and Corey Maggette? When the Warriors drafted Fuller over Kobe; Smith over KG; Adonal over T-Mac (although Foyle is one hell of a nice guy. Love him!)

Now we drafted 3 All-Stars, and drafted two other starters in Barnes and Ezeli (Fes started a majority of his rookie year due to Bogut's injuries) and used that as a foundation to attract Iggy, winning 73 games and attracting the best after agents.

We deserve this success, guys. Haters hate but they'd be lying if they said they wouldn't want to rebuild a team like Golden State did.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
#DubNation
shazam_guy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,136

Post#8 » by shazam_guy » Tue Aug 8, 2017 6:49 am

I absolutely agree. I'm enjoying this stretch of basketball life immensely.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,689

Post#9 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Wed Aug 9, 2017 9:35 am

turk3d wrote:After the McGee signing, it looks like Meyers has nothing else left to do this offseason.

Dont't we still get one more G league 2 way contract? G league 2way contract guys can't play in the playoffs but do we have any interest in having a true point guard as our 17th man?

If in March we give up on Looney I think we can then convert a 2 way G league contract guy into a regular 15 man roster guy who would then be eligible to play in the playoffs. So we could groom our Chris Paul / Kyrie stopper in the G League and if we think McCaw and Livingston are not who we want to use as back up defenders of Chris Paul and Kyrie then we cut Looney and bring our G League 2 Way contract guy up on a contract converted to a regular minimum contract and we have some speedy young point guard to harass Chris Paul or Kyrie for say 8 minutes per game in the playoffs.
InWestWeTrust
Sixth Man
And1: 657

Post#10 » by InWestWeTrust » Wed Aug 9, 2017 5:53 pm

SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:
turk3d wrote:After the McGee signing, it looks like Meyers has nothing else left to do this offseason.

Dont't we still get one more G league 2 way contract? G league 2way contract guys can't play in the playoffs but do we have any interest in having a true point guard as our 17th man?

If in March we give up on Looney I think we can then convert a 2 way G league contract guy into a regular 15 man roster guy who would then be eligible to play in the playoffs. So we could groom our Chris Paul / Kyrie stopper in the G League and if we think McCaw and Livingston are not who we want to use as back up defenders of Chris Paul and Kyrie then we cut Looney and bring our G League 2 Way contract guy up on a contract converted to a regular minimum contract and we have some speedy young point guard to harass Chris Paul or Kyrie for say 8 minutes per game in the playoffs.

We already have two G League guys signed on Boucher and Cleveland.

I'm anti Looney at this point. He reminds me of a sloth. But the team must feel the need to keep him because he's been an investment.
hamncheese
Assistant Coach
And1: 849

Post#11 » by hamncheese » Wed Aug 9, 2017 6:08 pm

InWestWeTrust wrote:

I'm anti Looney at this point. He reminds me of a sloth. But the team must feel the need to keep him because he's been an investment.

Cleveland is a training camp deal. There is one spot left for a two-way if the Dubs want.
Bob Myers, June 7, 2018: "“It’s not in my job description to please NBA fans. It’s to win, end of story. I don’t need to be entertained, I just need to win. That’s all it is. That’s all I was hired to do. Win.”
FrigginFalcon
Junior
And1: 115

Post#12 » by FrigginFalcon » Wed Aug 9, 2017 10:12 pm

hamncheese wrote:
InWestWeTrust wrote:

Cleveland is a training camp deal. There is one spot left for a two-way if the Dubs want.

Maybe Kyrie is interested :wink:
Mac1958
Pro Prospect
And1: 334

Post#13 » by Mac1958 » Wed Aug 9, 2017 10:58 pm

Flash Falcon X wrote:Warriors were automatically getting better just from KD having a year under his belt in a "transition" year. And it wasn't even a full season at that.

Just having the star guys and coaches working together for that year already improves the chemistry and experience.

Steph, Klay and Draymond are all capable of getting better, too.

Steph getting his godly percentages back; Klay being more consistent; Draymond improving his jumper.

Bob could have done nothing and the squad still would have improved...

But...

Not only did he keep the team, but made them even better.

Casual NBA fans think the Warriors don't need any more shooting, but when you think of Warriors shooters you only think of Steph, Klay, and KD. Now the team brought in two shooters in Nick Young and Omri Casspi who are threats, especially when playing with playmakers like Iguodala and Livingston who can facilitate. And then we got a 60% FG athletic big in McGee who they can throw the lob to and energize the team???

And Patrick McCaw will most likely be improved, too???

And now we got mobile athletic defensive big in Jordan Bell as our rookie??? And a healthy Damian Jones???

And don't sleep on David West! Yeah he's old, but he'll benefit from that year of experience with the team, too! Now David West can start the season already knowing what he needs to do; no more testing the waters. He won a championship with this squad and now he's hungry for more!

And we got Zaza back, too?? I don't even like him but damn this depth is crazy!!!

Remember when the best the Warriors could do in free agency was Derek Fisher and Corey Maggette? When the Warriors drafted Fuller over Kobe; Smith over KG; Adonal over T-Mac (although Foyle is one hell of a nice guy. Love him!)

Now we drafted 3 All-Stars, and drafted two other starters in Barnes and Ezeli (Fes started a majority of his rookie year due to Bogut's injuries) and used that as a foundation to attract Iggy, winning 73 games and attracting the best after agents.

We deserve this success, guys. Haters hate but they'd be lying if they said they wouldn't want to rebuild a team like Golden State did.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Man, you've really drunk the Kool-Aid, that's over the top, you're really going...

Um...

Yeah, I think you pretty much nailed it.

:oops:
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,689

Post#14 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Wed Aug 9, 2017 11:09 pm

I am drowning in Kool-Aid except I am not counting my Bell, Jones and Looney chickens before they hatch.

This team has no great low post scoring, No elite slasher, no monster defensive center and no traditional drive and dish point guard so they are missing a bunch of things that I associate with all time greatness but the 3 point shot is part of the game and I think this year's Warriors are very likely to be the greatest NBA team ever.
hamncheese
Assistant Coach
And1: 849

Post#15 » by hamncheese » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:03 am

FrigginFalcon wrote:
hamncheese wrote:
InWestWeTrust wrote:

Yeah, Kyrie does believe he is better than Cleveland.
Bob Myers, June 7, 2018: "“It’s not in my job description to please NBA fans. It’s to win, end of story. I don’t need to be entertained, I just need to win. That’s all it is. That’s all I was hired to do. Win.”
cladden
Analyst
And1: 378

Post#16 » by cladden » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:58 am

Flash Falcon X wrote:Warriors were automatically getting better just from KD having a year under his belt in a "transition" year. And it wasn't even a full season at that.

Let's also remember that Steph's 3fg% was the worst of his career last season. I don't see that happening again. He still had a perfectly fine TS% but I think it was a fluke year. I see him shooting it at 44-45% again. God help the rest of the league.
cladden
Analyst
And1: 378

Post#17 » by cladden » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:59 am

cladden wrote:

Let's also remember that Steph's 3fg% was the worst of his career last season. I don't see that happening again. He still had a perfectly fine TS% but I think it was a fluke year. I see him shooting it at 44-45% again. God help the rest of the league.

I just now see that you did mention that in your post :-)
FrigginFalcon
Junior
And1: 115

Post#18 » by FrigginFalcon » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:22 am

hamncheese wrote:
FrigginFalcon wrote:
hamncheese wrote:

Yeah, Kyrie does believe he is better than Cleveland.

Some might wonder if he is worse than Loony.
MastermindLV
Senior
And1: 822

Post#19 » by MastermindLV » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:39 am

Now he just needs to figure out how to add Paul George next year
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#20 » by turk3d » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:59 pm

cladden wrote:

With Young and Casspi rounding out the roster and both very good long range shooters, I expect everyone's efficiency (including Stephs) to rise significantly. And no low post scorer? this season? What about McGee?
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice

Return to Golden State Warriors