ImageImageImageImageImage

LeBron?

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Warriorfan
RealGM
And1: 2,702

Re: LeBron? 

Post#21 » by Warriorfan » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:56 pm

It's all about the championships for me. If LeBron wants the best chance to win over how he looks he joins our squad.
yesh
Rookie
And1: 1,864

Post#22 » by yesh » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:23 am

He would make a pretty perfect center on the warriors. He would just need to be kept away from dominating the ball and stagnating possessions.
cladden
Analyst
And1: 378

Post#23 » by cladden » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:49 pm

The Hack wrote:I agree....has he ever been all on a team that relies on ball movement vs. one on one iso ball? All his teams have used 1 on 1 match-ups to score. Plus, I thought LeBron's attitude totally changed back in 2015....he went from being a great, humble teammate to calling people out and saying out loud "I'm the best player in the world"
I love smashing his title quest every year

LeBron has always been a great and willing passer IMO.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#24 » by Mylie10 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:17 pm

Overrated
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
East Bay Sports
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,559

Post#25 » by East Bay Sports » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:40 pm

Guess I'm in the minority that would take him lol.

We are the evil empire now. Let's own it.
michaelm
RealGM
And1: 4,795

Post#26 » by michaelm » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:23 pm

ILOVEIT wrote:This is a very very weird time for us Warrior fans. GREAT...but weird.

Why? Because I wouldn't take LeBron on this team if he said he would sign for the NBA minimum.

Anyone else feel that way?

Yes.
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,238

Post#27 » by Impuniti » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:51 pm

gst8 wrote:I'd sign him just for the entertainment value of seeing that MartintoVaught dude try and spin it to being the most competitive move ever.

Other than that, *insert expletive* LeBron.

I think his brain might melt at the idea that the greatest thing he cherishes went to the thing he hates the most. :lol:
Outside
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,250

Post#28 » by Outside » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:18 pm

No. He wouldn't want to play Warrior basketball. He'd want to play LeBron basketball.
East Bay Sports
Lead Assistant

Post#29 » by East Bay Sports » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:50 pm

Outside wrote:No. He wouldn't want to play Warrior basketball. He'd want to play LeBron basketball.

What does this even mean lol. He played his best basketball within a structured system in Miami.
Outside
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#30 » by Outside » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:38 pm

East Bay Sports wrote:
Outside wrote:No. He wouldn't want to play Warrior basketball. He'd want to play LeBron basketball.

What does this even mean lol. He played his best basketball within a structured system in Miami.

LeBron wants a team that is built around him and allows him to dominate the offense. He wouldn't want to sacrifice that to be the third wheel with the Warriors, which is what he would be in their system. Instead, he'd want everyone to sacrifice their game to fit him.
East Bay Sports
Lead Assistant

Post#31 » by East Bay Sports » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:36 am

Outside wrote:
East Bay Sports wrote:

LeBron wants a team that is built around him and allows him to dominate the offense. He wouldn't want to sacrifice that to be the third wheel with the Warriors, which is what he would be in their system. Instead, he'd want everyone to sacrifice their game to fit him.

I don't agree. If for some reason he were willing to come here he would obviously be accepting his role. I don't see how he would be 'third option' he would be the defacto facilitator in the half court with 3 of the deadliest off ball players in the history of mankind around him lol. He would thrive and love it. He is a very willing passer to a fault at times
FrigginFalcon
Junior
And1: 115

Post#32 » by FrigginFalcon » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:10 am

East Bay Sports wrote:
Outside wrote:
East Bay Sports wrote:What does this even mean lol. He played his best basketball within a structured system in Miami.

I don't agree. If for some reason he were willing to come here he would obviously be accepting his role. I don't see how he would be 'third option' he would be the defacto facilitator in the half court with 3 of the deadliest off ball players in the history of mankind around him lol. He would thrive and love it. He is a very willing passer to a fault at times

Much as I dislike LeFlop, and I REALLY dislike him, I have to agree. He has a good mid-range jumper, perhaps the second-best EVER "take it to the hole" move (after MJ), he is big enough to set picks effectively, and he IS a willing passer. He could facilitate from the high post much like Bogut did, but while being infinitely more dangerous than Bogut as an offensive threat in his own right.

Curry, Thompson, Green, Durant, and LeFlop would be the "Death Line-Up" to end all death line-ups, and none too shabby on the defensive end of the floor, either.

All that being said, If LeFlop came here, I might consider moving to Cleveland.

I JUST DON'T LIKE HIM.

AT ALL.

:upset:
yesh
Rookie
And1: 1,864

Post#33 » by yesh » Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:15 pm

East Bay Sports wrote:
Outside wrote:
East Bay Sports wrote:What does this even mean lol. He played his best basketball within a structured system in Miami.

GSW need the ball in Currys hands as much as possible, that would include Lebron in my opinion. It's Steph that creates the mayhem around him that allows and encourages the rest of the team to perform. Resigning Steph to a spot up shooter role (up to CHristmas) wasn't really working for GSW at the time. Lebron could take over the playmaking that Draymond does but it would need to be more than just Lebron drive and kicks so he can get his assists.
Outside
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#34 » by Outside » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:17 pm

East Bay Sports wrote:
Outside wrote:

Well, that's a kind of a catch-22 -- if he'd be willing to go to the Warriors, then he'd be willing to accept a lesser role, but if he wouldn't be willing to accept lesser role, then he wouldn't be willing to go to the Warriors.

My point is that he wouldn't be willing to accept a lesser role for a team built on 1) Steph's gravity; 2) Steph, KD, and Klay's shooting; and 3) ball movement and player movement that makes any number of guys a playmaker. The Warriors lead the league in assists by a substantial margin -- the difference between the Warriors (30.4 APG) and second-best Denver (25.3) is 5.1; to get to 5.1 APG fewer than Denver, you have to go to #28 Utah. But the Warriors' assists are distributed widely, with Draymond tops at 7.0 (23 percent of the team total) and seven players with 2 or more APG. Steph is tops on the team in assist percentage at 31.2, the only Warrior in the top 20 in the league (18th).

Cleveland, on the other hand, has comparatively few assists as a team (22.7, 13th in the league). LeBron gets 8.7 APG (38 percent of the team total), and they have only three players with 2 or more APG, one of whom was Deron Williams, who played only 24 games with them. LeBron and Kyrie together account for 64 percent of the Cavs' assists, compared to Draymond and Steph who account for only 45 percent of the Warriors' assists. LeBron's assist percentage is 41.3, 5th highest in the league behind Westbrook, Harden, Wall, and CP3. All five of those guys are ball-dominant players.

That type of play wouldn't mesh with what the Warriors do. Sure, if LeBron played like he did on Team USA, where he deferred to other players, was content to be a playmaker, and scored when the occasion presented itself, of course he'd fit in on the Warriors. But he hasn't shown any inclination to accept that type of role in his NBA career.
East Bay Sports
Lead Assistant

Post#35 » by East Bay Sports » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:10 pm

Cleveland is built for iso-ball. I just don't agree that he is incapable of playing within a system. Agree to disagree.
Passthebaltome
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#36 » by Passthebaltome » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:22 pm

Psychologically, he probably wants to join force with others to beat the Warriors, likely having to take a pay cut, and he will pick a team with the best chance of winning.

Coming here to beat up on the rest of the league accomplishes nothing mentally, for him or for the team. It would be like Magic teaming up with Bird.

And so, the season(s) after the coming one (probably the fourth rematch with LeBron vs. Curry, Durant and Co) is the one to plan for.
shazam_guy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,136

Post#37 » by shazam_guy » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:20 pm

Am I the only one who doesn't want the Warriors to be THAT dominant? We've done very well building from within, and adding Durant was a masterstroke brought about largely by superior team chemistry. But if you put a (for argument's sake) cooperative, team-oriented LeBron James on the Warriors, then the league really IS Globetrotters vs. Washington Generals.

Boring. And I don't want LeBron on the team anyway. He's a much better foil.
CS707
Head Coach
And1: 6,286

Post#38 » by CS707 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:24 pm

I want him to go to the Lakers.

Makes every win twice as sweet...
whocurrz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,454

Post#39 » by whocurrz » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:39 pm

Lebrun can absolutely play in a system. He initiates the offense and hits the open guy. If the ball doesn't keep moving it's the players and sub par coaches fault. It's not like Lebron is anti ball movement. The Heat would make extra passes. Whenever he's been on the Cavs though he's played for coaches that don't have a very deep system and they rely on ISO ball.

What Lebron needs is a certain roster construction with shooters on the perimeter and if he was on this team he'd have a tailor made roster for what he wants from his supporting cast.
Jarret Jack: “I brought one of my best suits. But looking down at this jersey, it’s just a sense of pride I don’t think I’ve ever felt as a professional. … Nothing in my closet is better than what I have on now."
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#40 » by old rem » Tue Sep 5, 2017 11:51 pm

ILOVEIT wrote:This is a very very weird time for us Warrior fans. GREAT...but weird.

Why? Because I wouldn't take LeBron on this team if he said he would sign for the NBA minimum.

Anyone else feel that way?
No. But LeBron is not taking Minimum if he (again) abandons his hometown team.
GSW has TWO All Star Forwards. I guess we COULD call KD a center (or Dray) but......really this is a LONGSHOT scenario.
CENSORED... No comment.

Return to Golden State Warriors