ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA IV

Moderators: floppymoose, Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair

Scoots1994
Veteran
Posts: 2,942
And1: 424
Joined: Jun 24, 2018
       

Re: Around the NBA IV 

Post#1721 » by Scoots1994 » Wed Jun 9, 2021 3:29 pm

ChuckDurn wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:What idiot voted Derek Rose MVP this year?

Apparently “the fans” were able to place a vote somewhere. (Maybe NBA.com.)

Not sure why they weren’t given a narrow list of choices, such as the top-10 “most likely” candidates. But apparently they weren’t, and the fans voted for Derrick Rose.


Hehe, that sounds like the sort of story the NBA would come up with to cover for some idiot "sports journalist".

I remember years ago there was some idiot vote that the journalist was pissed when it became public knowledge.
xdrta+
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,204
And1: 3,622
Joined: Jun 18, 2018

Re: Around the NBA IV 

Post#1722 » by xdrta+ » Wed Jun 9, 2021 3:41 pm

ChuckDurn wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:What idiot voted Derek Rose MVP this year?

Apparently “the fans” were able to place a vote somewhere. (Maybe NBA.com.)

Not sure why they weren’t given a narrow list of choices, such as the top-10 “most likely” candidates. But apparently they weren’t, and the fans voted for Derrick Rose.


For the last twelve years fans can vote online and it becomes the 101st ballot for MVP. There's a lot of people in New York.
User avatar
and1GS
RealGM
Posts: 23,552
And1: 1,706
Joined: Nov 12, 2008
Location: home of 3x champs + supporter of all-time weakest moves
   

Re: Around the NBA IV 

Post#1723 » by and1GS » Yesterday 4:36 pm

Very impressive year from Stan Van Gundy somehow making the Pels even worse on defense when that was meant to be his main calling card. Shame we won't see an encore and I'd imagine his career as a head coach is over.
Topher wrote:Do I seem mad? I’m about to make love to my wife so I deff ain’t mad.

Quazza wrote:ALL FUTURE ERECTIONS WILL BE NAMED KEVIN FOR BEING SUCH A STAND UP GUY
User avatar
GSWFan1994
Senior
Posts: 654
And1: 688
Joined: Oct 31, 2006
 

Re: Around the NBA IV 

Post#1724 » by GSWFan1994 » Yesterday 7:13 pm

Yep. Seems like it's over for Stan. Nice riddance. Good coach on his Orlando days, but couldn't adapt to the modern game in the recent years.
User avatar
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 54,853
And1: 15,585
Joined: Jul 16, 2006
Location: Parts Unknown
   

Re: Around the NBA IV 

Post#1725 » by FNQ » Yesterday 8:01 pm

and1GS wrote:Very impressive year from Stan Van Gundy somehow making the Pels even worse on defense when that was meant to be his main calling card. Shame we won't see an encore and I'd imagine his career as a head coach is over.


Flashing back to when this board was pounding the table for SVG over Kerr

Not knowing **** about coaches has never stopped us from planting flags, thats for sure
cdubbz
RealGM
Posts: 11,601
And1: 1,959
Joined: May 05, 2005
Location: Oakland
 

Re: Around the NBA IV 

Post#1726 » by cdubbz » Yesterday 8:09 pm

congratulations to Lamelo Ball for Rookie of the year!!!!!
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
User avatar
RichmondWarrior
Pro Prospect
Posts: 790
And1: 42
Joined: Jun 30, 2005
Location: East Bay
       

Re: Around the NBA IV 

Post#1727 » by RichmondWarrior » Yesterday 11:31 pm

I knew we should have picked Lamelo over a guy who cries over pressure
User avatar
and1GS
RealGM
Posts: 23,552
And1: 1,706
Joined: Nov 12, 2008
Location: home of 3x champs + supporter of all-time weakest moves
   

Re: Around the NBA IV 

Post#1728 » by and1GS » Yesterday 11:51 pm

I swear saying LaMelo is like a bat signal for lazy takes on this forum.
Topher wrote:Do I seem mad? I’m about to make love to my wife so I deff ain’t mad.

Quazza wrote:ALL FUTURE ERECTIONS WILL BE NAMED KEVIN FOR BEING SUCH A STAND UP GUY

Return to Golden State Warriors