ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA IV

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Rudruff
Junior
Posts: 258
And1: 30
Joined: Aug 22, 2010

Re: Around the NBA IV 

Post#1001 » by Rudruff » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:03 pm

Or Ballmer is just taking the heat for an unpopular decision within the organization. When moves like this happen none of Doc's co-workers want to wreck their relationship with him even if they think it is the right move.
Fit matters
User avatar
Mylie10
RealGM
Posts: 39,103
And1: 8,789
Joined: Sep 16, 2005
Location: * Chokers! *
Contact:
     

Re: Around the NBA IV 

Post#1002 » by Mylie10 » Thu Oct 1, 2020 1:26 am

Just saw that AD said he’s going to the Finals 9 more times with Lebron, lol

It’s official.....I hate AD
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Little Digger
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,512
And1: 2,083
Joined: Aug 01, 2010
Location: The Charcoal State
   

Re: Around the NBA IV 

Post#1003 » by Little Digger » Thu Oct 1, 2020 1:57 am

Mylie10 wrote:Just saw that AD said he’s going to the Finals 9 more times with Lebron, lol

It’s official.....I hate AD
the only thing I like about AD is that he didn’t choose the Warriors
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
User avatar
Mylie10
RealGM
Posts: 39,103
And1: 8,789
Joined: Sep 16, 2005
Location: * Chokers! *
Contact:
     

Re: Around the NBA IV 

Post#1004 » by Mylie10 » Thu Oct 1, 2020 2:20 am

Lebron talking about how difficult life has been during this pandemic in the bubble. Setting up for a great speech after they win the finals and this being the greatest NBA Title of All Time.

If he loses he’ll say that there should be an asterisk.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
User avatar
jason bourne
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,270
And1: 1,469
Joined: Dec 23, 2013
   

Re: Around the NBA IV 

Post#1005 » by jason bourne » Thu Oct 1, 2020 2:50 am

Wow, if the Lakers continue their rampage, then is there any team in the NBA that can match up inside? The Warriors would need KD back just to battle on the boards. With no KD, I'm not sure if getting Adabayo for free would help. Okay, the Lakers could fall apart, but it may not be until next year. Dwight isn't what he was, but he's having an impact with LeBron and AD.
“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.”
Scoots1994
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,953
And1: 246
Joined: Jun 24, 2018
       

Re: Around the NBA IV 

Post#1006 » by Scoots1994 » Thu Oct 1, 2020 3:14 pm

Mylie10 wrote:Lebron talking about how difficult life has been during this pandemic in the bubble. Setting up for a great speech after they win the finals and this being the greatest NBA Title of All Time.

If he loses he’ll say that there should be an asterisk.


Must be tough to be so far from his billion dollars. Wah.
User avatar
Impuniti
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,676
And1: 4,295
Joined: Jan 18, 2016

Re: Around the NBA IV 

Post#1007 » by Impuniti » Thu Oct 1, 2020 4:13 pm

jason bourne wrote:Wow, if the Lakers continue their rampage, then is there any team in the NBA that can match up inside? The Warriors would need KD back just to battle on the boards. With no KD, I'm not sure if getting Adabayo for free would help. Okay, the Lakers could fall apart, but it may not be until next year. Dwight isn't what he was, but he's having an impact with LeBron and AD.

Dwight and Javale wouldn't be on the court as long as McGee is there. Definitely need a big vs them.
User avatar
jason bourne
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,270
And1: 1,469
Joined: Dec 23, 2013
   

Re: Around the NBA IV 

Post#1008 » by jason bourne » Thu Oct 1, 2020 4:38 pm

Impuniti wrote:
jason bourne wrote:Wow, if the Lakers continue their rampage, then is there any team in the NBA that can match up inside? The Warriors would need KD back just to battle on the boards. With no KD, I'm not sure if getting Adabayo for free would help. Okay, the Lakers could fall apart, but it may not be until next year. Dwight isn't what he was, but he's having an impact with LeBron and AD.

Dwight and Javale wouldn't be on the court as long as McGee is there. Definitely need a big vs them.


Exactly. The Finals aren't over yet, but the writing could be on the wall. Centers like Bam Adebayo, Montrezl Harrell, PJ Tucker, Onyeka Okongwu, Obi Toppin, etc. are out. Forget drafting Onyeka Okongwu, Obi Toppin, Precious Achiuwa, etc. Ws need to aim bigger for guys like Myles Turner, Joel Embiid, Rudy Gobert, etc. Big men are back. These teams may re-think and want to keep them. Does it mean I have to re-consider James Wiseman? ARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

No, Jahlil Okafor is available as UFA, 6' 10", 272 lbs+, "7-5 wingspan, a 9-2 ½ standing reach and absolutely gigantic hands."

Source: http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Jahlil-Okafor-6469/ ©DraftExpress
“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.”
User avatar
Mylie10
RealGM
Posts: 39,103
And1: 8,789
Joined: Sep 16, 2005
Location: * Chokers! *
Contact:
     

Re: Around the NBA IV 

Post#1009 » by Mylie10 » Thu Oct 1, 2020 5:06 pm

Yet Wiseman won’t help...smh
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
wco81
RealGM
Posts: 11,065
And1: 3,934
Joined: Jul 04, 2013
     

Re: Around the NBA IV 

Post#1010 » by wco81 » Thu Oct 1, 2020 6:48 pm

I don't know why teams aren't hunting Dwight on the perimeter.

They definitely do with Javale, make him defend some skilled ball handler around the 3-point line.
ShayDee
Senior
Posts: 550
And1: 87
Joined: Mar 30, 2020
     

Re: Around the NBA IV 

Post#1011 » by ShayDee » Thu Oct 1, 2020 6:55 pm

wco81 wrote:I don't know why teams aren't hunting Dwight on the perimeter.

They definitely do with Javale, make him defend some skilled ball handler around the 3-point line.


Lakers are actually a good defensive team, the help defense is actually insane. Also none of the Miami players can get their shot of the dribble, except Herro so it's mega easy for Dwight

Heat need more pick n Roll action and Driving to the rim and Kicking and their shooters need to hit their damn shots. It was going well early in the game when Crowder and Bulter were hitting 3s, then the rest of the team collapsed. DRob missed all his shots, Crowder disappeared, KellyO missed a bunch, Hill was crap, Herro was missing shots, and the team don't box out and got destroyed on the boards

Just all around bad game from Heat
User avatar
jason bourne
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,270
And1: 1,469
Joined: Dec 23, 2013
   

Re: Around the NBA IV 

Post#1012 » by jason bourne » Thu Oct 1, 2020 9:14 pm

It looks like Sixers will hire Doc Rivers instead of Mike D'Antoni who may be going to the Pacers. With Rivers as HC for the Sixers, he may have a fallout with Joel Embiid. They have smaller and more mobile Al Horford locked up for big bucks. Hope the Warriors can somehow get into a trade for Embiid in 2021.
“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.”
User avatar
jason bourne
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,270
And1: 1,469
Joined: Dec 23, 2013
   

Re: Around the NBA IV 

Post#1013 » by jason bourne » Fri Oct 2, 2020 4:37 am

Mylie10 wrote:Yet Wiseman won’t help...smh


I don't think so because Wiseman won't want to just focus on the defensive end. He won't put defense first and will have to get his touches like Whiteside. That's a problem with only so many hands who can get the ball. Ws rather take a good 3-pt shot than take 20-25% of their shots inside. The second thing is Wiseman fans made him out to be another David Robinson. I knew how hard DeAndre Ayton worked to just be mentioned with DRob and he worked and played the whole year. Today, I found out it was Wiseman who may have compared himself to David Robinson, Giannis Antetokounmpo, and Anthony Davis. That is a huge lie and joke. Just don't let the joke be on the Warriors.



ETA: You can read this to give you a fair description of Wiseman and his projection by the Spurs SBNation -- https://www.poundingtherock.com/2020/5/27/21271160/potential-2020-nba-draft-targets-for-the-spurs-james-wiseman. To me, it sounds like you won't admit he's Hassan Whiteside and not David Robinson. I'll listen to what you see and I don't, but what's the point if we can't get past square one?
“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.”
User avatar
Mylie10
RealGM
Posts: 39,103
And1: 8,789
Joined: Sep 16, 2005
Location: * Chokers! *
Contact:
     

Re: Around the NBA IV 

Post#1014 » by Mylie10 » Fri Oct 2, 2020 4:41 am

jason bourne wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:Yet Wiseman won’t help...smh


I don't think so because Wiseman won't want to just focus on the defensive end. He won't put defense first and will have to get his touches like Whiteside. That's a problem with only so many hands who can get the ball. Ws rather take a good 3-pt shot than take 20-25% of their shots inside. The second thing is Wiseman fans made him out to be another David Robinson. I knew how hard DeAndre Ayton worked to just be mentioned with DRob and he worked and played the whole year. Today, I found out it was Wiseman who may have compared himself to David Robinson, Giannis Antetokounmpo, and Anthony Davis. That is a huge lie and joke. Just don't let the joke be on the Warriors.


I posted a video with Schmidt and Woj on the draft thread. Schmidt mentions David Robinson and Lamarcus Aldridge. Paul Pierce mentions KG and AD.

And you are making up a non fact that Wiseman wouldn’t listen to coaching nd just worry about offense lol. The kid is very coachable. He’s not going to be some diva.

And he’s be playing defense with Draymond on the floor. That’s like having a defensive coach in your back pocket.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
User avatar
Mylie10
RealGM
Posts: 39,103
And1: 8,789
Joined: Sep 16, 2005
Location: * Chokers! *
Contact:
     

Re: Around the NBA IV 

Post#1015 » by Mylie10 » Fri Oct 2, 2020 4:43 am

And Wiseman said early on that he studies Bosh and Robinson by watching and studying their film. He never said that he was those guys.

Did he bang your wife or something?
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
wco81
RealGM
Posts: 11,065
And1: 3,934
Joined: Jul 04, 2013
     

Re: Around the NBA IV 

Post#1016 » by wco81 » Fri Oct 2, 2020 6:30 am

The question is does he want to compete?

For instance, you can say the Trailblazers big men were soft, didn't want to compete vs. the Lakers.

Houston, Tucker will compete but he's too short. Same for Covington.

Denver, looks like Howard was talking crash trash to Jokic and may have rattled him a bit. Normally Jokic will back his guy down, because he's usually stronger. He didn't seem to meet the physical challenge.

BAm is also undersized but they gave him two bogus calls right away and sidelined him early.
User avatar
Mylie10
RealGM
Posts: 39,103
And1: 8,789
Joined: Sep 16, 2005
Location: * Chokers! *
Contact:
     

Re: Around the NBA IV 

Post#1017 » by Mylie10 » Fri Oct 2, 2020 4:56 pm

jason bourne wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:Yet Wiseman won’t help...smh


I don't think so because Wiseman won't want to just focus on the defensive end. He won't put defense first and will have to get his touches like Whiteside. That's a problem with only so many hands who can get the ball. Ws rather take a good 3-pt shot than take 20-25% of their shots inside. The second thing is Wiseman fans made him out to be another David Robinson. I knew how hard DeAndre Ayton worked to just be mentioned with DRob and he worked and played the whole year. Today, I found out it was Wiseman who may have compared himself to David Robinson, Giannis Antetokounmpo, and Anthony Davis. That is a huge lie and joke. Just don't let the joke be on the Warriors.



ETA: You can read this to give you a fair description of Wiseman and his projection by the Spurs SBNation -- https://www.poundingtherock.com/2020/5/27/21271160/potential-2020-nba-draft-targets-for-the-spurs-james-wiseman. To me, it sounds like you won't admit he's Hassan Whiteside and not David Robinson. I'll listen to what you see and I don't, but what's the point if we can't get past square one?


You don’t need to listen to me. Not required.

The video of the issue at Memphis you posted let’s you know that he didn’t cheat because the violation wasn’t anything he or Penny knew about. It’s was supposedly a violation but not anything lead by or responsible because of anything Wiseman did. The choice to not go back to school makes sense when your next step is NBA draft and at the time you were consensus number one pick. It’s a business decision. Nick Bosa did the same thing.

It’s ok if you don’t like it. It just is what it is.

As for Whiteside or Robinson or anybody else. I don’t usually use comparisons to define how I feel about a player. I use my own criteria and I have a good track record.

If Wiseman is selfish, or a diva, or a guy unwilling to be coached, then I will say I was wrong. My evaluations don’t usually include what’s in a guys heart. But there is literally no evidence that Wiseman is any of those things.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
ILOVEIT
RealGM
Posts: 10,799
And1: 1,935
Joined: May 28, 2004

Re: Around the NBA IV 

Post#1018 » by ILOVEIT » Fri Oct 2, 2020 8:32 pm

I would not be shocked if Miami runs Lakers off the floor in game 2. Why...because Miami will be forced to go totally small ball. This will be very interesting. And it may turn out to be one of those moments where a team stumbles on the formula to beat another team.
Looking forward to 2073....bye bye pouting moody Durant...hello again the 73 win style of hoops!
wco81
RealGM
Posts: 11,065
And1: 3,934
Joined: Jul 04, 2013
     

Re: Around the NBA IV 

Post#1019 » by wco81 » Fri Oct 2, 2020 8:36 pm

I would be.

AD and Lebron going to the foul line would hurt any kind of momentum for small ball.
User avatar
jason bourne
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,270
And1: 1,469
Joined: Dec 23, 2013
   

Re: Around the NBA IV 

Post#1020 » by jason bourne » Sat Oct 3, 2020 4:10 am

Mylie10 wrote:And Wiseman said early on that he studies Bosh and Robinson by watching and studying their film. He never said that he was those guys.

Did he bang your wife or something?


I'd just cut his penis off in retaliation. Would that affect his jumping, rebounding, shooting, defensive skills, and voice?

You still do not address the fact that Wiseman is too young and would need years to develop. The Ws don't want to pick Wiseman because of that.

>>I posted a video with Schmidt and Woj on the draft thread. Schmidt mentions David Robinson and Lamarcus Aldridge. Paul Pierce mentions KG and AD.

And you are making up a non fact that Wiseman wouldn’t listen to coaching nd just worry about offense lol. The kid is very coachable. He’s not going to be some diva.

And he’s be playing defense with Draymond on the floor. That’s like having a defensive coach in your back pocket.<<

Those are old vids. Newer ones show different. I think Wiseman fell from #1 with his quitting and then rose again to #3. His rising could be because the Hornets will take him because of his fit with their young team. I'll give you the benefit of a doubt and that Wiseman did it on his own, but just three games is hard to swallow haha.

I dunno if he would listen to coaching or not. He didn't listen to Coach Hardaway as he wanted him back on Memphis. That would've been a smart move. Wiseman looks like he wants his touches from what I've seen -- 20 - 25% is not good for the Warriors. Just like Whiteside isn't a good fit.

ETA: Whiteside has become a first round player in fantasy. He puts up really nice stats, but they don't help his team win. He even has the perfect PG for him in Damian Lillard. They lost after winning the first game to the Lakers in the playoffs.
“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.”

Return to Golden State Warriors