Around the NBA IV

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,793

Re: Around the NBA IV 

Post#1601 » by cdubbz » Tue Mar 2, 2021 4:13 pm

TwoStarz wrote:
cdubbz wrote:Jeezus. Lamelo put on an absolute clinic against the Blazers in their loss. 30p 8a 6r 5-7 from 3pt and 2 TO.

Happy for Charlotte for finally landing another star for the city. Lamelo will attract players to play there.

He is a STUD. He’s already so good and it’s scary to think what his ceiling even his. 6’8 point guards don’t grow on trees. His brother (my favourite ball brother) has also been coming along recently. I love Lonzo but he lacks the fire that melo plays with, but seems like having his little bro lighting up the league has lit a little spark in zo as well.

I’m going to forever wonder what a lineup of steph melo and klay could’ve looked like.

We would need to get wing defenders for our bench for sure, but Warriors would have to elite play makers in Green & Lamelo paired with the greatest shooting backcourt in the history of the NBA. Melo would be aggressive enough to keep the defense honest.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,137

Post#1602 » by wco81 » Tue Mar 2, 2021 4:54 pm

We saw Melo's defense when Charlotte played at Chase.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#1603 » by Mylie10 » Tue Mar 2, 2021 6:54 pm

Something like 18 Oubre dunks with Lamelo following him and taking the ball out lol

But seriously I’m loving watching Ball play. He’s fun as heck. Can’t stand those uni’s though.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
cdubbz
RealGM

Post#1604 » by cdubbz » Tue Mar 2, 2021 8:32 pm

It’s been fun watching Seth Curry develop into an elite 3pt shooter and reliable guard.

I remember thinking he could be a Eddie House type scorer off the bench early in his career. Happy to see him find his way.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
freypies
Junior
And1: 120

Post#1605 » by freypies » Tue Mar 2, 2021 9:30 pm

wco81 wrote:We saw Melo's defense when Charlotte played at Chase.

He still struggles against complicated offenses like our's, but he is not that bad at all against most teams defensively. He has very good off-ball awareness for his age, and as he fills out his frame I expect him to become adequate enough on-ball as well.
cdubbz
RealGM

Post#1606 » by cdubbz » Wed Mar 3, 2021 1:30 am

[code][/code]How’s Gallanari with the Hawks? Never seen the Hawks play this season. He’s avg 21mpg and 11 points on 38% from 3.

Seems underwhelming stat line for $20mil a year, but like I said I haven’t watched the games.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,635

Post#1607 » by Coxy » Thu Mar 4, 2021 11:27 pm

If Blake Griffin is bought out, I'd be very interested in adding him somehow. He's not perfect, but damn he'd be a huge playmaking forward upgrade from everything we got. Imagine him coming off the bench next season to run a high post playmaking role to help lead the 2nd unit around. It'd be good for him and keep his body fairly fresh as opposed to a heavy starters role. Shooters working off him could be great.

Curry / Poole / Mannion
Klay / Lee / Jessup / Mulder
Wiggins / Oubre / JTA / Bazemore
Green / Griffin / Paschall
Wiseman / Looney

+ draft picks if we get em.

I have no idea how he gets bought out and what he might be wanting for his next move. We could be a really good landing spot for him to take the Paschall role though.
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#1608 » by Mylie10 » Sun Mar 7, 2021 1:30 am

Nets are grabbing him.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
cdubbz
RealGM

Post#1609 » by cdubbz » Sun Mar 7, 2021 10:54 pm

I really want the Nets to win the Championship and run through the playoffs.

Griffin & Jordan back together haha.
cdubbz
RealGM

Post#1610 » by cdubbz » Mon Mar 8, 2021 2:39 am

My boy Cassius Stanley in the dunk contest
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#1611 » by Mylie10 » Mon Mar 8, 2021 3:22 pm

cdubbz wrote:My boy Cassius Stanley in the dunk contest

I’d send your boy to the adoption agency
Khoee wrote “
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,125

Post#1612 » by TB » Mon Mar 8, 2021 6:53 pm

Mylie10 wrote:

hahaha

He got robbed first round and then stupidly stopped trying his good dunk in round 2. Such an underwhelming performance lol.
cdubbz
RealGM

Post#1613 » by cdubbz » Mon Mar 8, 2021 7:58 pm

TB wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:

hahaha

He got robbed first round and then stupidly stopped trying his good dunk in round 2. Such an underwhelming performance lol.

yeah his performance was no bueno! Glad he got his name out there even if it was for that. I think his future can be bright in the league
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#1614 » by Mylie10 » Tue Mar 9, 2021 3:58 am

I blame Cdubbz....He already got Cole Anthony injured....and now this for Stanley.

Hopefully you can rescind your love for Nico before it’s to late!
Khoee wrote “
cdubbz
RealGM

Post#1615 » by cdubbz » Tue Mar 9, 2021 9:55 pm

Mylie10 wrote:I blame Cdubbz....He already got Cole Anthony injured....and now this for Stanley.

Dang! I guess this is the price to pay for being in the Lamelo cult. All my other favorite guards get injured.

I hereby riscind my fandom for Nico Mannion! My fandom now has moved to Brad Wanamaker.
cdubbz
RealGM

Post#1616 » by cdubbz » Tue Mar 9, 2021 10:08 pm

Meyers Leonard getting cancelled. Used a racist word on live twitch stream.

how do you feel about this?
Warriors Analyst
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,694

Post#1617 » by Warriors Analyst » Tue Mar 9, 2021 10:39 pm

cdubbz wrote:Meyers Leonard getting cancelled. Used a racist word on live twitch stream.

I think it's a jump to say he's cancelled. He's getting rightly condemned. It's very possible he'll get suspended, if not get cut. Mind you, the Heat owner is Israeli-American and it's not like Leonard is an indispensable piece for the Heat.

But even if he does get cut or disciplined in some significant way, I assure you he won't be "cancelled." The joke of all the cancel culture stuff that conservatives whip up a frenzy about is that the "cancelled" almost always have a very large platform and get an even bigger one after they say whatever abhorrent thing they said. So if Leonard gets cut, you can expect he'll have plenty of people on his side after an appearance on Tucker Carlson or a podcast with Ben Shapiro or Candace Owens.

As for his actions. Well, all he had to do was... not use a slur against Jews in a livestream. If my job required me to be good at basketball and also keep my public image clean by avoiding the use of offensive slurs against marginalized communities, I think it would be pretty easy for me to not go around calling people k*kes on a live stream of me playing a video game.
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#1618 » by and1GS » Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:11 am

cdubbz wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:I blame Cdubbz....He already got Cole Anthony injured....and now this for Stanley.

Dang! I guess this is the price to pay for being in the Lamelo cult. All my other favorite guards get injured.

I hereby riscind my fandom for Nico Mannion! My fandom now has moved to Brad Wanamaker.
You son of a...
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
shazam_guy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,136

Post#1619 » by shazam_guy » Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:02 am

Warriors Analyst wrote:
cdubbz wrote:Meyers Leonard getting cancelled. Used a racist word on live twitch stream.

I think it's a jump to say he's cancelled. He's getting rightly condemned. It's very possible he'll get suspended, if not get cut. Mind you, the Heat owner is Israeli-American and it's not like Leonard is an indispensable piece for the Heat.

But even if he does get cut or disciplined in some significant way, I assure you he won't be "cancelled." The joke of all the cancel culture stuff that conservatives whip up a frenzy about is that the "cancelled" almost always have a very large platform and get an even bigger one after they say whatever abhorrent thing they said. So if Leonard gets cut, you can expect he'll have plenty of people on his side after an appearance on Tucker Carlson or a podcast with Ben Shapiro or Candace Owens.

As for his actions. Well, all he had to do was... not use a slur against Jews in a livestream. If my job required me to be good at basketball and also keep my public image clean by avoiding the use of offensive slurs against marginalized communities, I think it would be pretty easy for me to not go around calling people k*kes on a live stream of me playing a video game.

Amen to this. And to all the "OMG cancel culture" arguments. People don't get cancelled, they get judged and called out for doing something or saying something. If enough people are upset, it has an impact on the careers and lives of the people called out. We've been doing it for centuries, it just happens faster now.
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#1620 » by Mylie10 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:19 pm

cdubbz wrote:

Awesome Dubbs!!! Appreciate you!
Khoee wrote “

Return to Golden State Warriors