ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA IV

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

DAWill1128
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,693

Re: Around the NBA IV 

Post#701 » by DAWill1128 » Sat Aug 8, 2020 5:40 pm

Mylie10 wrote:Pacers might move on from Nate McMillan. It’s weird because he seems to get teams to a good spot and then they get rid of him. I feel like the Pacers have over achieved the last couple years.

I wonder if he’s just tough to deal with on a daily basis.

I don't understand why they would get rid of him, they were on pace to win 50 games before the lockout. Oladipo missed 53 games, Brogdon 18 games, Turner 10 games. Had Oladipo been healthy I don't see how 55 wins is out of the question. Who fires the coach of a team that can get you to 55 wins? It's not like Indy is a vet team or stuck losing to some in conference powerhouse like the Curry Warriors or Jordan Bulls.

The East seems pretty wide open to me, the Raptors have a lot of old vets and the 76ers have chemistry issues. The Pacers are good and they have developing young players. I think they could beat the Heat, Sixers, Raptors. Celtics and Bucks will be tough.
Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Post#702 » by Little Digger » Sat Aug 8, 2020 6:45 pm

Booker and the suns vs Miami coming up later today..That game winner he made vs the Clips was one of the greatest regular season shots I’ve ever seen ..He beat a Paul George - Kawhi Leonard double team ..freaky great
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,828

Post#703 » by cdubbz » Sat Aug 8, 2020 7:00 pm

I’m loving the fully healthy Blazers. Trent Jr, Simons, & Collins are nice young pieces to mix with Dame, CJ, & Nurk. They also get a 1st rounder this year and can grab another nice wing.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,245

Post#704 » by wco81 » Sat Aug 8, 2020 7:34 pm

cdubbz wrote:Pathetic Kawhi Leonard still sitting out games

Clippers have this season and next before Kawhi and PG13 can both opt out for the super Max.

It would be interesting to see what happens if they don't win either season.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#705 » by Mylie10 » Sat Aug 8, 2020 8:10 pm

wco81 wrote:
cdubbz wrote:Pathetic Kawhi Leonard still sitting out games

Clippers have this season and next before Kawhi and PG13 can both opt out for the super Max.

It would be interesting to see what happens if they don't win either season.

Kawhi has the tall task of trying to get Paul George over the finish line. He has yet to really have big playoff success.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#706 » by Scoots1994 » Sat Aug 8, 2020 8:25 pm

cdubbz wrote:I’m loving the fully healthy Blazers. Trent Jr, Simons, & Collins are nice young pieces to mix with Dame, CJ, & Nurk. They also get a 1st rounder this year and can grab another nice wing.

When they have been able to stay healthy over the last few years they have been excellent ... they just haven't been healthy much.
DAWill1128
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,693

Post#707 » by DAWill1128 » Sun Aug 9, 2020 12:58 am

I wonder where the Blazers would be with Ariza and Hood playing.

I know the Lakers have been the presumptive favorites for a while but I definitely don't think they would beat us in a series. They throw up so many bricks and the chemistry sucks. The saving grace of that team is having big guys who can block shots and rebound. LeBron, Davis, and Howard are the best players and they all want to be in the paint and they can't get out and run.
superunknown
Bench Warmer
And1: 430

Post#708 » by superunknown » Sun Aug 9, 2020 8:49 am

The blazers managed to throw away a key game against the clippers entire second unit.
superunknown
Bench Warmer
And1: 430

Post#709 » by superunknown » Sun Aug 9, 2020 8:49 am

TJ bubble continues to dominate.
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach
And1: 789

Post#710 » by ChuckDurn » Sun Aug 9, 2020 2:46 pm

superunknown wrote:TJ bubble continues to dominate.

TJ wins “Most Improved Within the Year”......
If I don't have anything funny to say, can I still have a signature?
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#711 » by Mylie10 » Sun Aug 9, 2020 6:44 pm

ChuckDurn wrote:

Bubble Porter is right there with him
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#712 » by Scoots1994 » Sun Aug 9, 2020 7:24 pm

Mylie10 wrote:
ChuckDurn wrote:

Bubble Porter is right there with him

Bubble Porter is like a whole different player. Strange.
Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Post#713 » by Little Digger » Sun Aug 9, 2020 7:27 pm

Zion is a NBA 5..Pelicans should be running teams off the floor..I’m afraid Alvin may be blowing an epic opportunity.
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
ShayDee
Rookie
And1: 259

Post#714 » by ShayDee » Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:56 am

Nuggets are going to Draft Pokusevski or Jaden McDaniels and turn either to next KD/Giannis. If we weren't competing I wouldn't mind them because of potential with size + skillset
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

Post#715 » by GQ Hot Dog » Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:29 am

Just watched the Lakers/Nugs and wanted to give my thoughts on Bol Bol who played extensive minutes. 8pts, 5rbs 2asts, a block and a turnover.

He's a nice ball handler and a smooth athlete. He's got speed in the open court but has slow feet in the half court. He's a confident shooter with a high and smooth(and slow) release.

If you like hustle, you'll hate Bol Bol. He really picks his spots. He stands around and watches the ball a lot. He watches shots rather than contests, he watches rebounds rather than pursues. He's got no strength and doesn't compete for possessions. He specializes in grabbing uncontested defensive rebounds. He grabs them with real ferocity.

Edit: Forgot, he's a very gifted passer that uses his height to see the whole court and deliver pinpoint bullet passes.
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,406

Post#716 » by ILOVEIT » Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:53 am

Go Portland. Wouldn't it be totally awesome if they stomped the Lakers and Clips! :)

On paper they are a much better team that Lakers....size and guard quickness...and have played together for several years. I hope they make it in as the 8th seed!
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager

Post#717 » by GQ Hot Dog » Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:03 am

ILOVEIT wrote:Go Portland. Wouldn't it be totally awesome if they stomped the Lakers and Clips! :)

On paper they are a much better team that Lakers....size and guard quickness...and have played together for several years. I hope they make it in as the 8th seed!

I would love to see Stotts tell Carmelo to shut Lebron down. Now's your chance to prove you're up there with the best SFs to ever player the game!
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#718 » by Scoots1994 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:23 pm

thinkingwarriors wrote:
ILOVEIT wrote:Go Portland. Wouldn't it be totally awesome if they stomped the Lakers and Clips! :)

I would love to see Stotts tell Carmelo to shut Lebron down. Now's your chance to prove you're up there with the best SFs to ever player the game!

If the refs let them "play" Carmelo vs LeBron would be interesting if Melo is fully engaged.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,245

Post#719 » by wco81 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:16 pm

Scoots1994 wrote:
thinkingwarriors wrote:

If the refs let them "play" Carmelo vs LeBron would be interesting if Melo is fully engaged.

I just heard on Zach Lowe's podcast that the Blazers are second to last in defense in the bubble.

So having Nurkic and Collins back hasn't improved their defense. They are winning but just scraping by. During the regular season, they didn't have wing defenders, having let Aminu and Harkless go.

That will probably be their Achilles Heel in the West, esp. vs. the LA teams.

Only chance is Dame and CJ both go ham and just dominate opposing backcourts. Doubtful though, they're not the Splash Brothers.

But would love to see them beat the LA teams, just don't see it being likely.
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager

Post#720 » by GQ Hot Dog » Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:21 am

wco81 wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:
thinkingwarriors wrote:

I just heard on Zach Lowe's podcast that the Blazers are second to last in defense in the bubble.

So having Nurkic and Collins back hasn't improved their defense. They are winning but just scraping by. During the regular season, they didn't have wing defenders, having let Aminu and Harkless go.

That will probably be their Achilles Heel in the West, esp. vs. the LA teams.

Only chance is Dame and CJ both go ham and just dominate opposing backcourts. Doubtful though, they're not the Splash Brothers.

But would love to see them beat the LA teams, just don't see it being likely.

I'm watching Blazers vee Mavs right now, Blazers problems go deeper than personnel. All their switches are tentative leading to too many uncontested shots.

I remember during the Warriors defensive heyday a few years ago, their switches and closeouts were vicious. The word that always came to mind was "wolfish". When the Warriors were switching everything, closing out and helping with aggression and fluidity the offense never found open shots.
The hottest of takes...

Return to Golden State Warriors