ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA IV

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

User avatar
jason bourne
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,029
And1: 1,380
Joined: Dec 23, 2013
   

Re: Around the NBA IV 

Post#921 » by jason bourne » Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:00 pm

Bam Adebayo looks to be in the spotlight for the Heat winning the series against the Celtics. I'll be watching closely since he's a Warriors target for some on this board. He's playing against a donut team and will need to score in double digits. Marc Gasol couldn't generate much offense and lost touch on his 3-ball. What a disastrous series for him and the Raptors. If he could generate offense, then Raptors could've been the ones in the ECF. Bam isn't a 3-pt shooter, but so he has to maintain his mid-range and inside scoring.

I thought the Celtics faced their toughest test with the Raptors, but the Heat have been a pleasant surprise beating the Bucks soundly. They matched up well against the Bucks weaknesses. However, the series vs Celtics is different. I had to look over the results during the regular season; The Celtics had advantage playing the Heat on the second night of B2B games. The Heat are ones rested so they will have to come out winning. They also look to have Bam Adebayo who is better in the middle than anyone the Celts can put up. That was the downfall for the Raptors. We'll have to see if Bam and the Heat can take advantage. However, I doubt the Celtics will get in a hole like the Bucks did. Thus, I think it will be another close series that will go 7 games with the Celtics coming out on top due to their perimeter defense. The Heat could get out to a 2-0 advantage on Bam's back, but even then the Celtics come back.
Image

“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.”
User avatar
Mylie10
RealGM
Posts: 38,759
And1: 8,664
Joined: Sep 16, 2005
Location: * Chokers! *
Contact:
     

Re: Around the NBA IV 

Post#922 » by Mylie10 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:18 am

The Heat are not trading Adebayo....sheesh
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
DAWill1128
Analyst
Posts: 3,310
And1: 902
Joined: Jun 17, 2004
   

Re: Around the NBA IV 

Post#923 » by DAWill1128 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:29 am

These Rockets aren't a great representation of small ball, they play a seven man rotation where outside of Russ nobody is really fast for the position they play. The Suns with Stoudemire, Marion, Barbosa, and Nash pushed the ball at break neck speeds.

We didn't run 48 minutes of small ball with Dray at center. We would keep it close and pace ourselves then switch small and try to run you off the court the final 6-8 minutes of games.

Playing a 7 man unit of a lot of guys who aren't fast while not pushing the ball just makes the Rockets look like a bunch of exhausted small guys.

Tucker is just a super short stretch 5, he doesn't push the ball or beat anyone off the dribble like Draymond. It's just bad strategy.
Frozzy
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,895
And1: 1,572
Joined: Apr 23, 2014
Location: Skyline Blvd
 

Re: Around the NBA IV 

Post#924 » by Frozzy » Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:51 am

Isn't it funny how most of the Curry hate threads on GB were made by Rockets fans over the years?
wco81
RealGM
Posts: 10,736
And1: 3,722
Joined: Jul 04, 2013
     

Re: Around the NBA IV 

Post#925 » by wco81 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:25 am

There's a story that they were yelling at each other in the locker room after Game 4 loss.

So that obviously didn't help.

They'd have been better keeping CP3 but Harden and him had a falling out and they lost twice to the Warriors.

So they make the trade for WB and then realized they're still not good enough so traded away Capela and got Covington.

They've already hit their ceiling. When Harden is doubled, they have no answer.
User avatar
Mylie10
RealGM
Posts: 38,759
And1: 8,664
Joined: Sep 16, 2005
Location: * Chokers! *
Contact:
     

Re: Around the NBA IV 

Post#926 » by Mylie10 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:04 am

Mylie10 wrote:
Little Digger wrote:Rockets beat the lakers in 6


mark it


I don’t see it. The Rockets were a Chris Paul made basket away from losing to a big time inferior team.

All this talk about the League going the way of the Rockets is so over blown. While I can agree with the trend of five out shooting. I still think you need big men to be great. And if your big men can shoot threes as well, then even better.

The Lakers might give Houston 2 games, but Harden turtled up again last night when it mattered, as far as shooting. He had a couple good defensive plays last night, which is great, but Dort isn’t some offensive juggernaut. Kid had a great night and almost took the Rockets out.

Lakers 4-2



Looks like I was way off
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Little Digger
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,283
And1: 2,002
Joined: Aug 01, 2010
Location: Not sure..does anyone know which universe we’re in?
     

Re: Around the NBA IV 

Post#927 » by Little Digger » Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:17 am

Yes ..but at least you admit when you’re wrong..
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
User avatar
Mylie10
RealGM
Posts: 38,759
And1: 8,664
Joined: Sep 16, 2005
Location: * Chokers! *
Contact:
     

Re: Around the NBA IV 

Post#928 » by Mylie10 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:42 am

Little Digger wrote:Yes ..but at least you admit when you’re wrong..


I hope you didn’t bet it!

#MIAMISTRONG
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
User avatar
jason bourne
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,029
And1: 1,380
Joined: Dec 23, 2013
   

Re: Around the NBA IV 

Post#929 » by jason bourne » Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:26 am

Mylie10 wrote:The Heat are not trading Adebayo....sheesh


Did I say the Heat were trading him? I just said he was a target for some on this board like you. This isn't the trade thread. You always misread what I write and then brush it off with an insult.

What I basically wrote was if Bam is that good, then he should be able to help the Heat get past the Celtics by scoring his double digits and close to his regular season stats. I want to see him deliver a series against a tough team, but a donut team. Bam has been doing that in the playoffs this year, but wasn't impressive last playoffs.

For example, I blamed Marc Gasol for not helping the Raptors get past the Celtics. I think his lack of offense, especially the 3-pt shot, lost the series for the Raptors.

I'm not sure who you're picking in the series, but maybe you don't have confidence in Bam against a donut team and pick the Celtics haha.
Image

“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.”
User avatar
jason bourne
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,029
And1: 1,380
Joined: Dec 23, 2013
   

Re: Around the NBA IV 

Post#930 » by jason bourne » Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:30 pm

Image

Are you still picking the Heat Mylie10? Or are you backing away from all your big talk about Bam and #miamistrong? Are you eating your stinkfaced insults towards me? I've delivered your plate above. Hope you have a gracious meal thinking about Bam while running away.

I picked the Celtics in 7 on the big board because of the Celtics defense against the Nick Nurse offense minded Raptors. I still think the Raptors failed because of Marc Gasol, but maybe Brad Stevens somehow rattled Gasol. Will he be able to rattle the young Bam Adebayo? I'm not certain as I think Boston has a donut team. Still, I'm hoping the Brad Stevens defense comes through. See my sig.

BTW, if Stevens comes through and gets the Celtics into the Finals, I'll eat my words about him in the top coaches thread. I've seen the Celtics live a few times with Stevens and they lost to the Warriors. They beat the sucky Warriors tho. Maybe I didn't notice he was behind the defense as I should have.
Image

“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.”
BG
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,474
And1: 344
Joined: Aug 14, 2001
Location: Austria
Contact:
 

Re: Around the NBA IV 

Post#931 » by BG » Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:44 pm

i love watching doc rivers and ty lue sitting on the sideline while their team is melting down. god how i would love the nuggets to take game 7 as well.
Warriors!!!
ShayDee
Junior
Posts: 372
And1: 67
Joined: Mar 30, 2020
     

Re: Around the NBA IV 

Post#932 » by ShayDee » Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:49 pm

Jokic is freaking locked in. Causing sooo much problems for the clippers. With his passing, post game, IQ and shot making. Dude if we have a chance to draft an offensively gifted center we cannot pass up on that chance. Bob just take Wiseman
User avatar
jason bourne
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,029
And1: 1,380
Joined: Dec 23, 2013
   

Re: Around the NBA IV 

Post#933 » by jason bourne » Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:59 pm

Draymond says Kelly Olynyk is a dirty player and I have to agree. He's such a scumbag.



"He's dirty, a dirty player," Green said on Uninterrupted's "Dray Day" podcast. "I don't respect guys like that. I know he's not the greatest basketball player of all time, so maybe he feel like he got to do that, but you don't have to do that. Just dirty. I don't respect that, man. He's dirty."

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19338242/golden-state-warriors-draymond-green-kelly-olynyk-boston-celtics-dirty-player
Image

“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.”
User avatar
Mylie10
RealGM
Posts: 38,759
And1: 8,664
Joined: Sep 16, 2005
Location: * Chokers! *
Contact:
     

Re: Around the NBA IV 

Post#934 » by Mylie10 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:14 pm

jason bourne wrote:Image

Are you still picking the Heat Mylie10? Or are you backing away from all your big talk about Bam and #miamistrong? Are you eating your stinkfaced insults towards me? I've delivered your plate above. Hope you have a gracious meal thinking about Bam while running away.

I picked the Celtics in 7 on the big board because of the Celtics defense against the Nick Nurse offense minded Raptors. I still think the Raptors failed because of Marc Gasol, but maybe Brad Stevens somehow rattled Gasol. Will he be able to rattle the young Bam Adebayo? I'm not certain as I think Boston has a donut team. Still, I'm hoping the Brad Stevens defense comes through. See my sig.

BTW, if Stevens comes through and gets the Celtics into the Finals, I'll eat my words about him in the top coaches thread. I've seen the Celtics live a few times with Stevens and they lost to the Warriors. They beat the sucky Warriors tho. Maybe I didn't notice he was behind the defense as I should have.


I thought you put me on ignore?

I never once pushed for the Warriors to get Bam. I merely pointed out that Miami isn’t trading him.

As far as Miami versus the Celtics, I’ve never made a claim about that specific series either way. I will root for Miami as an underdog, but I haven’t made a pick.

And finally the only reason I posted #miamistrong was for my friend Digger who has a huge bet on Miami winning it all.

I’m trying really hard not to pounce on you. I’m going to back away from responding to your bipolar posting rambles from now on.

If you really put me on ignore, then do it. Ignore me. Please, I beg of you.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
User avatar
jason bourne
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,029
And1: 1,380
Joined: Dec 23, 2013
   

Re: Around the NBA IV 

Post#935 » by jason bourne » Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:31 pm

Mylie10 wrote:
jason bourne wrote:Image

Are you still picking the Heat Mylie10? Or are you backing away from all your big talk about Bam and #miamistrong? Are you eating your stinkfaced insults towards me? I've delivered your plate above. Hope you have a gracious meal thinking about Bam while running away.

I picked the Celtics in 7 on the big board because of the Celtics defense against the Nick Nurse offense minded Raptors. I still think the Raptors failed because of Marc Gasol, but maybe Brad Stevens somehow rattled Gasol. Will he be able to rattle the young Bam Adebayo? I'm not certain as I think Boston has a donut team. Still, I'm hoping the Brad Stevens defense comes through. See my sig.

BTW, if Stevens comes through and gets the Celtics into the Finals, I'll eat my words about him in the top coaches thread. I've seen the Celtics live a few times with Stevens and they lost to the Warriors. They beat the sucky Warriors tho. Maybe I didn't notice he was behind the defense as I should have.


I thought you put me on ignore?

I never once pushed for the Warriors to get Bam. I merely pointed out that Miami isn’t trading him.

As far as Miami versus the Celtics, I’ve never made a claim about that specific series either way. I will root for Miami as an underdog, but I haven’t made a pick.

And finally the only reason I posted #miamistrong was for my friend Digger who has a huge bet on Miami winning it all.

I’m trying really hard not to pounce on you. I’m going to back away from responding to your bipolar posting rambles from now on.

If you really put me on ignore, then do it. Ignore me. Please, I beg of you.


You're still on ignore, but I see you sometimes when I'm in read only mode or I unblock when you make comments immediately after I post. Anyway, I thought you were a coward and would run away so that's why I posted the pic. I put up the big pile for you to eat while rooting for the Heat, supporting your friend, and secretly taking the Celtics as your pick. No real harm I hope, i.e. no butthurt.
Image

“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.”
User avatar
Mylie10
RealGM
Posts: 38,759
And1: 8,664
Joined: Sep 16, 2005
Location: * Chokers! *
Contact:
     

Re: Around the NBA IV 

Post#936 » by Mylie10 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:32 pm

Weird
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
User avatar
jason bourne
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,029
And1: 1,380
Joined: Dec 23, 2013
   

Re: Around the NBA IV 

Post#937 » by jason bourne » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:26 am

Nah, you're the weirdo.

Listen, I predicted that the Heat would take the early lead; It could be 1-0 or even 2-0 if Adebayo can score in double digits and get his rs average. Since you're so scared of picking a team, I'll give you until after the first game to decide. Are you going to pick the Heat if they're up 1-0? In that case, I'll give it to you. Like I said, I think the Celtics will win in 7.
Image

“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.”
User avatar
Impuniti
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,647
And1: 4,260
Joined: Jan 18, 2016

Re: Around the NBA IV 

Post#938 » by Impuniti » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:29 pm

Finally got my account back and am able to log in after a year. Hope everyone is doing good lol
ILOVEIT
RealGM
Posts: 10,658
And1: 1,883
Joined: May 28, 2004

Re: Around the NBA IV 

Post#939 » by ILOVEIT » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:26 am

jason bourne wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:The Heat are not trading Adebayo....sheesh


Did I say the Heat were trading him? I just said he was a target for some on this board like you. This isn't the trade thread. You always misread what I write and then brush it off with an insult.

What I basically wrote was if Bam is that good, then he should be able to help the Heat get past the Celtics by scoring his double digits and close to his regular season stats. I want to see him deliver a series against a tough team, but a donut team. Bam has been doing that in the playoffs this year, but wasn't impressive last playoffs.

For example, I blamed Marc Gasol for not helping the Raptors get past the Celtics. I think his lack of offense, especially the 3-pt shot, lost the series for the Raptors.

I'm not sure who you're picking in the series, but maybe you don't have confidence in Bam against a donut team and pick the Celtics haha.


I'm on record as calling Bam overrated...(and I was harshly criticized for saying so...sniff sinff :(

But...let's see how well he does in this next round. According to those that think he's really good...he SHOULD dominate Celtics for some portions of the series. If he is simply picking up a block now and then and scoring 5-9 points a game...that's a utter waste of the center spot.

If he is a force ... I'll admit I was wrong.
Looking forward to 2073....bye bye pouting moody Durant...hello again the 73 win style of hoops!
User avatar
jason bourne
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,029
And1: 1,380
Joined: Dec 23, 2013
   

Re: Around the NBA IV 

Post#940 » by jason bourne » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:28 am

ILOVEIT wrote:
jason bourne wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:The Heat are not trading Adebayo....sheesh


Did I say the Heat were trading him? I just said he was a target for some on this board like you. This isn't the trade thread. You always misread what I write and then brush it off with an insult.

What I basically wrote was if Bam is that good, then he should be able to help the Heat get past the Celtics by scoring his double digits and close to his regular season stats. I want to see him deliver a series against a tough team, but a donut team. Bam has been doing that in the playoffs this year, but wasn't impressive last playoffs.

For example, I blamed Marc Gasol for not helping the Raptors get past the Celtics. I think his lack of offense, especially the 3-pt shot, lost the series for the Raptors.

I'm not sure who you're picking in the series, but maybe you don't have confidence in Bam against a donut team and pick the Celtics haha.


I'm on record as calling Bam overrated...(and I was harshly criticized for saying so...sniff sinff :(

But...let's see how well he does in this next round. According to those that think he's really good...he SHOULD dominate Celtics for some portions of the series. If he is simply picking up a block now and then and scoring 5-9 points a game...that's a utter waste of the center spot.

If he is a force ... I'll admit I was wrong.


I think you know that Bam is 6'9", but with a 7'3" wingspan. That's okay for a C since he's improved since coming into the league. He's only 22 and he's improved his offense to double digit scoring, rebounding, passing, steals, and shot blocking enough to be an All-Star. If he can do what he did in the rs against the Celtics donut team, then he'll probably be instrumental for the Heat to go to the NBA Finals.
Image

“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.”

Return to Golden State Warriors