Hey Kerr !

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

4ml
Ballboy
And1: 17

Hey Kerr ! 

Post#1 » by 4ml » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:33 am

Where was Javele ???

That should be the first question the media asks the coach in the presser.
Warriors07
Rookie
And1: 750

Re: Hey Kerr ! 

Post#2 » by Warriors07 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:38 am

First, Looney toon needs development, future Olajuwon
Secondly, West needs regular exercise to drop his fat, sugar, and blood pressure
Third, Zaza needs minutes add onto his resume, he cant just come out for kicks :lol:
Phase 3
Veteran
And1: 758

Post#3 » by Phase 3 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:42 am

Kerr gonna Kerr.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,656

Post#4 » by Coxy » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:37 am

Weird rotations. He seemed hell bent on initiating Bell.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#5 » by Mylie10 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:30 pm

Coxy wrote:Weird rotations. He seemed hell bent on initiating Bell.

And Young, and McCaw, and Looney.

It's cool because the more those kids get comfortable, the better in the long run.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#6 » by Mylie10 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:33 pm

Anybody who thought Looney played bad, needs to re watch. He was actually very solid. His length completely affected Harden trying to take him one on one like he did with Bell.

Last year when Looney got some early run, I stated I thought he could be an above average defensive player. I stand by that, and if the kid starts get regular run, then I see that happening.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,134

Post#7 » by cpower » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:00 pm

I feel like developing Looney might not be the best idea, he is probably too slow to play 4 and too small and raw to play 5.
Bell on the other hand could be the future for us.
I wish Iggy was there last night we needed his basketball IQ and defense when Green was not available.
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#8 » by turk3d » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:06 pm

Are the Warriors now back in the development stage? Are they not the defending champs who have 4 allstars and 2 MVPS? I thought we were in the win now stage. We've got plenty of time to develop these guys. I don't think that we should be losing games for that purpose.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,177

Post#9 » by Impuniti » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:07 pm

Kerr's hubris on treating this game completely like a preseason game was incredibly obnoxious. Stopped caring about it after the first quarter.
Money_
Rookie
And1: 224

Post#10 » by Money_ » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:22 pm

Is this the panic thread?

We got sloppy on offense. No way the Rockets are that good of defenders..
Defensive rotations for us were horrible. Too many open shots for them.
Complacency is our biggest enemy.
Not worried at all, but I did wonder why Javale got the DNP...
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#11 » by Mylie10 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:44 pm

OMG you guys are in midseason form.

Somebody pull up the thread from last year when we lost to the Spurs opening night lol
Khoee wrote “
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,177

Post#12 » by Impuniti » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:55 pm

Mylie10 wrote:OMG you guys are in midseason form.

Somebody pull up the thread from last year when we lost to the Spurs opening night lol

I have literally zero worry. My point was that Kerr was taking this game like a scrimmage putting the entire team (sans Javale) out in the first quarter vs the 2nd/3rd best offense in the league. Just didn't care for the game when the coach was treating it as such. Most of his rotations made sense last year, this game was just obnoxious however.
CS707
Head Coach
And1: 6,269

Post#13 » by CS707 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:01 pm

Probably Kerr's way of stopping any sort of winning streak talk dead in it's tracks.
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,240

Post#14 » by Onus » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:15 pm

turk3d wrote:Are the Warriors now back in the development stage? Are they not the defending champs who have 4 allstars and 2 MVPS? I thought we were in the win now stage. We've got plenty of time to develop these guys. I don't think that we should be losing games for that purpose.

You should always be trying to develop young players, otherwise your roster gets old and the young guys are unprepared. These games don't matter!!! We are a championship contending team, the regular season is just a long preseason to figure out who will be able to do what when we get into the playoffs. We will be a 60+ win team
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
Onus
RealGM

Post#15 » by Onus » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:22 pm

Impuniti wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:OMG you guys are in midseason form.

I have literally zero worry. My point was that Kerr was taking this game like a scrimmage putting the entire team (sans Javale) out in the first quarter vs the 2nd/3rd best offense in the league. Just didn't care for the game when the coach was treating it as such. Most of his rotations made sense last year, this game was just obnoxious however.

You weren't excited to see what Bell/Looney/McCaw are capable of? Looney looked great out there guarding Harden 1v1, Bell needs some work, seemed a few steps behind and was just jittery, McCaw looked capable. One of these young guys, maybe all 3 will be relied on at some point. What better way to see what they can do than against the 3rd-5th best team in the league who is going all out and the outcome really doesn't matter.

Kerr has done this every year though, he plays all his guys in the regular season. Just that instead of bench fodder like Brandon Rush, Varejao, Ian Clark getting time it's our young draft picks. This is awesome
lars_rosenberg
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,741

Re: RE: Re: Hey Kerr ! 

Post#16 » by lars_rosenberg » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:40 pm

turk3d wrote:Are the Warriors now back in the development stage? Are they not the defending champs who have 4 allstars and 2 MVPS? I thought we were in the win now stage. We've got plenty of time to develop these guys. I don't think that we should be losing games for that purpose.
We are good enough to be sacrifice a few wins in exchange for development. These guys can make this team a dynasty.
However doing it against the second best team in the west (and possibly in the NBA) isn't the best idea. I would do it against most of the other teams, but not against top 5 teams. We paid that.

However, I don't get why Kerr still has Zaza over Javale in the rotation. I get last season we had some sort of debt towards Zaza because he signed with us for the minimum when he could have gotten more money elsewhere, but this time I don't think he had better options (especially after what he did to Kawhi and the reputation that derived from it) while Javale probably could have gotten a little more, even if not much, elsewhere. There is no debt of honor anymore and the best player should start.
turk3d
RealGM

Re: RE: Re: Hey Kerr ! 

Post#17 » by turk3d » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:45 pm

lars_rosenberg wrote:
We are good enough to be sacrifice a few wins in exchange for development. These guys can make this team a dynasty.
However doing it against the second best team in the west (and possibly in the NBA) isn't the best idea. I would do it against most of the other teams, but not against top 5 teams. We paid that.

However, I don't get why Kerr still has Zaza over Javale in the rotation. I get last season we had some sort of debt towards Zaza because he signed with us for the minimum when he could have gotten more money elsewhere, but this time I don't think he had better options (especially after what he did to Kawhi and the reputation that derived from it) while Javale probably could have gotten a little more, even if not much, elsewhere. There is no debt of honor anymore and the best player should start.

Or at least play,
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
turk3d
RealGM

Post#18 » by turk3d » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:56 pm

Onus wrote:

You should always be trying to develop young players, otherwise your roster gets old and the young guys are unprepared. These games don't matter!!! We are a championship contending team, the regular season is just a long preseason to figure out who will be able to do what when we get into the playoffs. We will be a 60+ win team

Yeah and that's something think that Kerr's always done. But you don't sacrifice ALL your vets minutes in order to do it. Should be plenty of garbage time for that. How do you put Looney (-7 in 8 minutes) in the 4th quarter of a close game. Even though there's 80 games remaining, it was semi-important in that it was opening day, at home, ring ceremony and against probably our biggest threat in the West this season. It also is a boost for the Rockets and the rest of the league. But, other than that, who cares?

Only a 1 pt loss in a game where we weren't able to produce in the clutch, we gave up a pretty big lead (something else uncharacteristic of the Dubs) two of our trademarks the last 3 years. Also, Young with his great shooting was -10 and was getting burned by whoever he was guarding in the last quarter. Kerr wasn't very impressive at all this game but definitely not panic button time, just a little constructive criticism, which doesn't hurt. That's just what we do on Sports message boards. Free Javale!
Onus
RealGM

Post#19 » by Onus » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:47 pm

turk3d wrote:
Onus wrote:

Yeah and that's something think that Kerr's always done. But you don't sacrifice ALL your vets minutes in order to do it. Should be plenty of garbage time for that. How do you put Looney (-7 in 8 minutes) in the 4th quarter of a close game. Even though there's 80 games remaining, it was semi-important in that it was opening day, at home, ring ceremony and against probably our biggest threat in the West this season. It also is a boost for the Rockets and the rest of the league. But, other than that, who cares?

Only a 1 pt loss in a game where we weren't able to produce in the clutch, we gave up a pretty big lead (something else uncharacteristic of the Dubs) two of our trademarks the last 3 years. Also, Young with his great shooting was -10 and was getting burned by whoever he was guarding in the last quarter. Kerr wasn't very impressive at all this game but definitely not panic button time, just a little constructive criticism, which doesn't hurt. That's just what we do on Sports message boards. Free Javale!

We know what Javale is going to give us. If we need to, he could probably play when Capela is in the game, but whatever.

I thought this game was really valuable in seeing where the young pups were at defensively on the perimeter, in particular Bell and Looney. Bell needs work, he was allowing dribble penetration at will. Though tbh Gordon and Harden are very good at that. So it was a great gauge on how he'll do. Looney I thought did great in iso situations, not as well in help situations. He came over late to contest and then there wasn't anyone to rebound behind him. The same was true for Bell though, I think this will just come with time though. This should definitely taper expectations of Bell hopefully, I think Draymond's job is safe for awhile.
Samurai
General Manager
And1: 2,892

Post#20 » by Samurai » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:50 am

I was very frustrated with Kerr's rotation as well, but that was mainly because we lost and I was angry. If we won, I wouldn't have given it much thought. I sense he clearly wanted to get a look at Bell since he has shown last year that he doesn't like to play JaVale against the Rockets. But the wheels came off the wagon when Dray got hurt in the 3rd quarter. Kerr wasn't expecting that, and when it did, he didn't expect that Casspi would also be unavailable. And despite his "pre-season like" rotations earlier in the game, he was winning at that time with those odd rotations.

Without Green, our defense allowed layups at will. In the 4th quarter, our offense just stopped moving and everyone just stood around. And since we were in unexpected territory then without Dray and Casspi, that's where I think he should have brought JaVale in for a short 3-4 minute spurt. He is our energizer bunny and at that point we needed a shot of energy. A key block at the rim, an alley-oop or two and we could have pulled that game out. I understand that he didn't plan to play JaVale, but I think Kerr should have displayed some more flexibility when we unexpectedly lost Green and Casspi.

Return to Golden State Warriors