Game 1 Perspective . . .

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

FrigginFalcon
Junior
And1: 115

Game 1 Perspective . . . 

Post#1 » by FrigginFalcon » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:36 am

GAME 1 - BEFORE

We need to destroy the supposed 2nd best team in the West. All those years when the Warriors were winning between 32 and 38 games, the schedule always looked so tough. Now I have a hard time finding one game that looks like a loss. Flow of the offence. They won't be able to keep up if we just keep moving the ball and running. It's gonna be a good game from both sides, I don't think it will be demolition like last time they meet at Oracle ... but still hoping for a good ol' 3rd quarter bonanza from either Steph or Klay. Can't wait. Beyond excited. So pumped. Been a long eventful wait. Going to keep a close eye on the rotation -- Not sure Kerr/Brown have finalized what they like. I want Klay, Steph, and KD to be on fire in the same night. Yes I'm being greedy already haha. Every night will be historic in the Oracle Arena with this team. Great times ahead. Hopefully Dubs can punish them with their athleticism.

AFTER

Good draft next year? Kerr being out coached. West is washed up. Not a fan of his game. Something is fundamentally wrong. We have a free flowing offense. However, it depends on defense, and consistent defense. We are not defending and rebounding. Call me exaggerated, but I've got my hand on the panic button. I don't see how we can possibly correct our massive problems with rebounding and rim protection with this lineup. We'll get torched. The bench has been worse in this game than any RS game last year. I hope this isn't [a sign] of things to come, or they're in trouble. We're not looking like we're taking this game that seriously. HAHAHAHA omg these guys just got bent over by dad and spanked. Sit the starters they were trash. Klay has been the weak link for us, he does not give us rebounding and defense. I rather trade his hot streaks for consistent defense and rebounding. With the way we are playing we are not getting past Spurs or Clippers. ... and so endeth Javale McGee.

. . . (LAST YEAR) :D
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,237

Re: Game 1 Perspective . . . 

Post#2 » by Impuniti » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:45 am

Dude.. it's one game that Kerr lost the game due to being a bit of a clown and screwing around, relax. They had 11 players rotated in the first quarter. It's too early to talk about people being done (like West). To me, it was just not a fun game to watch due to the way Kerr treated it, so I'm hoping that while he does experiment, it's not in this dumb edgy 'trying to make a point' thing as it was last game. They need to focus on how to handle 2 class bigs without Dray.

Is Iggy back?
FrigginFalcon
Junior
And1: 115

Post#3 » by FrigginFalcon » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:27 am

Impuniti wrote:Dude.. it's one game that Kerr lost the game due to being a bit of a clown and screwing around, relax. They had 11 players rotated in the first quarter. It's too early to talk about people being done (like West). To me, it was just not a fun game to watch due to the way Kerr treated it, so I'm hoping that while he does experiment, it's not in this dumb edgy 'trying to make a point' thing as it was last game. They need to focus on how to handle 2 class bigs without Dray.

Is Iggy back?

(These were not MY thoughts . . . they were quotes from multiple posters before and after last-year's opening day thrashing by San Antonio. I was trying to make the same point you are making above . . . obviously not clearly enough :) )
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,237

Post#4 » by Impuniti » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:08 pm

FrigginFalcon wrote:
Impuniti wrote:Dude.. it's one game that Kerr lost the game due to being a bit of a clown and screwing around, relax. They had 11 players rotated in the first quarter. It's too early to talk about people being done (like West). To me, it was just not a fun game to watch due to the way Kerr treated it, so I'm hoping that while he does experiment, it's not in this dumb edgy 'trying to make a point' thing as it was last game. They need to focus on how to handle 2 class bigs without Dray.

Is Iggy back?

(These were not MY thoughts . . . they were quotes from multiple posters before and after last-year's opening day thrashing by San Antonio. I was trying to make the same point you are making above . . . obviously not clearly enough :) )

SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,689

Post#5 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:02 am

In the general board game thread mid way through he 1st quarter the fans were ready to to conced the game as Warriors blowout victory and they were ready to concede the championship in June to the Warriors.
NBAfan3024
RealGM
And1: 7,035

Post#6 » by NBAfan3024 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:23 pm

The effort wasn’t there in the 4th and rockets took advantage

Don’t think we lose that game without draymond
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,589

Post#7 » by HiRez » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:41 pm

NBAfan3024 wrote:The effort wasn’t there in the 4th and rockets took advantage

Don’t think we lose that game without draymond

Probably not, but 3 quarters of bad play (before the 4th quarter of bad play) set them up to be in a position to lose. They should have blown that team out by 20+ but got sloppy and complacent and it bit them in the ass.

Curry is a veteran now, why can't he stop making those stupid unforced turnovers in crunch time? It's been an issue throughout his career, those are rookie mistakes that shouldn't still be happening. You shouldn't need 8 years in the league to know not to try a casual 5 foot pass over 2 taller defenders (Tucker 6-6, Ariza 6-8) when you're down by a point with 30 seconds left in the game.

Yeah, I know, one game probably doesn't matter, but come on, lock in for 48 minutes and work on fundamentals when the game is close.

Return to Golden State Warriors