Off-Topic - Amazing Vertical

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Re: Off-Topic - Amazing Vertical 

Post#21 » by Mylie10 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:49 pm

East Bay Sports wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:McCaffrey tied for 4th in the NFL in receptions.

He probably has the lowest YPC in the NFL too lol. Bush had 88 catches as a rookie and was a bum as well. McCaffrey fails the eye test. Can't run the ball at all and the Panthers are simply force feeding him likely because of his draft position and it isn't helping their offense at all

Second in the info for yards after catch. He's a running back, so it's not like they are gonna throw to him down the field. But they are getting him in space instead of handing it off. He returns kicks as well. Don't think anyone expected him to be a 25-30 carry back. Not sure what your expectations were.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
East Bay Sports
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,559

Post#22 » by East Bay Sports » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:28 pm

Mylie10 wrote:
East Bay Sports wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:McCaffrey tied for 4th in the NFL in receptions.

He probably has the lowest YPC in the NFL too lol. Bush had 88 catches as a rookie and was a bum as well. McCaffrey fails the eye test. Can't run the ball at all and the Panthers are simply force feeding him likely because of his draft position and it isn't helping their offense at all

Second in the info for yards after catch. He's a running back, so it's not like they are gonna throw to him down the field. But they are getting him in space instead of handing it off. He returns kicks as well. Don't think anyone expected him to be a 25-30 carry back. Not sure what your expectations were.

My expectations were exactly what he looks like. He's a poor man's Danny Woodhead lol. He is very mediocre at several things and not very good at any one thing.

He had no business being drafted as high as he was.
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#23 » by and1GS » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:25 pm

McCaffrey had an outstanding collegiate career, but he's fairly small to be an NFL RB. Tough to saddle your team to a guy like that unless he has Chris Johnson speed.

Saquon looks like the real deal, but I think we go overboard with the 'once in a generation' label. The once in a generation collegiate RBs of my lifetime were Bush and Peterson. Fournette is one I'd also put in that category now that we're heading toward the end of that initial group. Zeke was awesome in college and I always thought he was the most NFL ready RB at the time, but I didn't get the same vibe I did when watching AP/Bush of utter dominance. Partially because Zeke phoned it in his last year.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#24 » by Mylie10 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:25 pm

and1GS wrote:McCaffrey had an outstanding collegiate career, but he's fairly small to be an NFL RB. Tough to saddle your team to a guy like that unless he has Chris Johnson speed.

Saquon looks like the real deal, but I think we go overboard with the 'once in a generation' label. The once in a generation collegiate RBs of my lifetime were Bush and Peterson. Fournette is one I'd also put in that category now that we're heading toward the end of that initial group. Zeke was awesome in college and I always thought he was the most NFL ready RB at the time, but I didn't get the same vibe I did when watching AP/Bush of utter dominance. Partially because Zeke phoned it in his last year.

McCaffrey ran a 4.4 40 for context
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
East Bay Sports
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,559

Post#25 » by East Bay Sports » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:52 pm

Read on Twitter

lmao
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,801

Post#26 » by floppymoose » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:53 am

FrigginFalcon wrote:Image

You guys. Geez. He was lifted. I mean, the guy is a jumper no doubt. But his vertical is not THAT. See it in context here:

https://youtu.be/RhQ9-TxKzcs?t=373

Return to Golden State Warriors