ImageImageImageImageImage

Kerr's rotations

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,234

Re: Kerr's rotations 

Post#61 » by Impuniti » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:50 pm

wco81 wrote:Kerr said Clippers were insulted that Warriors were resting players.

You think?

Kerr preaches valuing possessions. Does he value regular season games? Does he value home court advantage or playoffs seedings?

1st place is already taken care of when Houston lost 5 games in a row.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,247

Post#62 » by wco81 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:25 pm

What about HCA against Celtics?
FunkNinerFlex
Freshman
And1: 8

Post#63 » by FunkNinerFlex » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:14 pm

wco81 wrote:What about HCA against Celtics?

Warriors will need HCA against the Celitics 2 years from now. Not this year.

I don’t think the Celtics will get past Bron this year anyway. Even with all the Cavs problems.
wco81
RealGM

Post#64 » by wco81 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:09 am

So last two games, DNP - CD for Bell.

Is he in the doghouse?

He wanted to get Loony minutes in front of his family and friends in Milwaukee.

But Loony played over Bell again tonight.
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

Post#65 » by GQ Hot Dog » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:39 am

wco81 wrote:So last two games, DNP - CD for Bell.

Is he in the doghouse?

Looney has been doing a lot of little things well and it certainly appears that Kerr views him as a player that figures into the team's long term plans and thus worthy of investing minutes in. They may be grooming him to take West's minutes as early as next season.
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
Samurai
General Manager
And1: 2,892

Post#66 » by Samurai » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:52 am

wco81 wrote:So last two games, DNP - CD for Bell.

Is he in the doghouse?

Last year, Kerr brough JaVale in for 4-5 minutes when the team needed a jolt of adrenaline and energy. This year, he has been relying more on Bell to provide that high-revving motor and energy. So I don't understand why, in the second half when the team appeared tired and was clearly being out-hustled on 50-50 balls by the Raptors, Kerr didn't let Bell come in and be that shot in the arm. An alley-oop, a key block, an offensive rebound putback - those were things that we sorely could have used then but Kerr seemed to have smeared some glue on Bell's chair. He must be seeing something that I am missing; I just wish I knew what it was.
wco81
RealGM

Post#67 » by wco81 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:13 am

Maybe the scouting report or the videos of opponents somehow tell them Bell isn't a good fit against these last two opponents?

Or maybe some advanced stats point towards Loony?
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,234

Post#68 » by Impuniti » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:20 pm

wco81 wrote:What about HCA against Celtics?

I don't consider Boston a problem yet. You can't have a mediocre offense and win a series vs the Warriors. Saying that, I still think Warriors will get around 65-69 wins, and I foresee Boston getting low 60s in terms of wins.
Badly Browned
Analyst
And1: 326

Post#69 » by Badly Browned » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:52 pm

Looney is a matchup thing. Kerr has been saying since training camp that Looney is probably the best 5 at defending the PnR outside Draymond Green.

Zaza is going to start, West is going to come off the bench, Green is going to get time as a smallball 5. There is no way to really get both Looney and Bell minutes after that, it will be one or the other. There is just too much of a logjam at the 5. McGee has already been glued to the bench with the emergence of Looney and Bell.
I'm not going to say that Curry is God. But he is definitely a god. -NeoWarriors
wco81
RealGM

Post#70 » by wco81 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:40 am

McGee starts at C and Kerr said he'll start against OKC on Saturday as well.

Bell is suppose to be back next week. So I imagine they will try to get Jordan a lot of run to play in crunch time and switch out against guards and forward? No Loony tonight, and he had been getting a lot of run before the all-star break.

Regardless, Warriors gave up too many easy baskets to Harrell, many of them him just beating his man to the other end on transition.

Draymond chased Gallinari off a 3-point attempt and Gallo drove and dunked and Green yelled at Javale for not coming over and contesting. Though if he left Jordan to contest, that would be an easy oop to Jordan I would think.

Return to Golden State Warriors