ImageImageImageImageImage

Whats up with Draymond

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,237

Re: Whats up with Draymond 

Post#21 » by Onus » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:44 pm

Mylie10 wrote:Misuse of Draymond last night. No way he should be shooting 11 3's. That's on Draymond or Kerr. But it's a glimpse into how you don't use him. I don't care how open he is, that's just ridiculous.

He definitely settled way too much and that's definitely on Draymond. I can't imagine Kerr being happy about Draymond shooting 11 3s.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
Badly Browned
Analyst
And1: 326

Post#22 » by Badly Browned » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:50 pm

Mylie10 wrote:Misuse of Draymond last night. No way he should be shooting 11 3's. That's on Draymond or Kerr. But it's a glimpse into how you don't use him. I don't care how open he is, that's just ridiculous.

Eh.

If Green is doing that when Curry and KD are available (he doesn't) then I'd worry about it. Add in Klay jacking up rushed shots, and the Warriors had no go to player on offense last night, leaving Draymond to try to be that guy. So yes a misuse, but not something I'm particularly worried about. Circumstances forced their hand that way.

The team in general settled for jumpers way too much last night. This is the type of game people talk about when the Warriors need a "real" backup PG. Curry and KD are the only reliable dribble perpetrators so without them the team is left to taking lots of perimeter shots. Made for some real bad offense to end quarters last night.
I'm not going to say that Curry is God. But he is definitely a god. -NeoWarriors
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#23 » by and1GS » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:32 pm

I was at the Kings game, sucked!

In general, I think everyone seemed very tentative to get a shot off. Especially guys like McCaw, Omri and Iguodala - each of which played 25+ minutes. They had trouble switching from supporting to scoring mode and I was honestly surprised we didn't use this as a game to get Nick Young 25-30 minutes as a focal point of the offense. He played erratic when in because I felt he was trying to do too much in too little time. But what we needed was for a good shooter to take shots...unfortunately we ended up with Dray taking them, but I don't blame him. he definitely could have drove and kicked more.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
Phase 3
Veteran
And1: 758

Post#24 » by Phase 3 » Sun Jan 7, 2018 7:29 pm

I don’t understand why Draymond goes this route when addressing the refs. So dumb. Is he trying to get the Warriors on the bad side of the officials? ....http://nba.nbcsports.com/2018/01/07/draymond-green-on-beefs-with-referees-its-horrible-its-ruining-the-game/
Money_
Rookie
And1: 224

Post#25 » by Money_ » Sun Jan 7, 2018 9:05 pm

I don't mind if he has a legit gripe about a particular call, but he complains EVERY time. And he doesn't help his case to get super animated about it, in fact, I think that hurts his chances of getting a future call. Let the ref know you disagree, and get back in position!!
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,134

Post#26 » by cpower » Sun Jan 7, 2018 9:27 pm

Draymond pretty much peaked..so he has to realize that and accept that he can't shoot like Curry , or pass like Lebron. He has to put his heads down and doing all the little things at the defense, that is his game. It's all about winning and what does best for your team and i hope Draymond is smart enough to acknowledge that.
Frozzy
Starter
And1: 2,020

Post#27 » by Frozzy » Mon Jan 8, 2018 12:16 pm

Money_ wrote:I don't mind if he has a legit gripe about a particular call, but he complains EVERY time. And he doesn't help his case to get super animated about it, in fact, I think that hurts his chances of getting a future call. Let the ref know you disagree, and get back in position!!

It's hilarious how such a physical defender like Draymond can get into it with the refs when defenders even breathe on him on offense
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,176

Post#28 » by Impuniti » Mon Jan 8, 2018 3:29 pm

gsw213 wrote:I don’t understand why Draymond goes this route when addressing the refs. So dumb. Is he trying to get the Warriors on the bad side of the officials? ....http://nba.nbcsports.com/2018/01/07/draymond-green-on-beefs-with-referees-its-horrible-its-ruining-the-game/

I wouldn't say he's trying to do it.. but he's certainly doing it. :lol:
East Bay Sports
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,559

Post#29 » by East Bay Sports » Tue Jan 9, 2018 2:55 pm

Frozzy wrote:
Money_ wrote:I don't mind if he has a legit gripe about a particular call, but he complains EVERY time. And he doesn't help his case to get super animated about it, in fact, I think that hurts his chances of getting a future call. Let the ref know you disagree, and get back in position!!

It's hilarious how such a physical defender like Draymond can get into it with the refs when defenders even breathe on him on offense

Yea, I'm a big fan of self awareness and you would think Draymond would realize, love and accept his defender being physical with him... because it gives him license to get physical right back. Draymond is a hypocrite, which I hate to say because I love him and hate hypocrites. But you can't have your **** cake and eat it too, MORON. You can't want to play physically but then complain about every little bump. Again, a little self awareness could go a long way. You aren't an offensive star nor do you need to be. Don't worry about getting calls at the rim as an offensive player it should be your last :censored: concern. I was no world beater but when I played I fancied myself a Draymond type. I was happy to be the glue guy who played defense, boxed out and did the general dirty work. And I LOVED to not get the call offensively. It made me say OK we're playing physically today.

A smart player and a tactful player knows WHEN to come at the refs. Iguodala is the perfect example. Because guess what? refs watch film too. refs see when you are in the right and that makes them more likely to accept and tolerate your criticism, even demonstratively, because they see on film you have a reputation for only getting angry when you are in the right. If they see you going off every play you have no credibility. Smart coaches use this to their advantage as well to influence refs calling games. Bottom line is for as smart as he is defensively in helping everyone into position, knowing where to be and how to wreak havoc on what opposing teams are trying to do he is very DUMB at how he approaches officials. There is a human element to their officiating and any smart player will take advantage of this. Instead Draymond takes an adversarial approach and plays the victim. Guess what Dray? You make your own bed, you aren't being randomly targeted and victimized.

:vent:

Having said that, he's playing his best ball of the season thus far since Steph returned. Hope he keeps it up lol. He's still my favorite player but damn seeing him interact with refs and hearing him take this **** to the press is obnoxious. I don't see how Ron Adams and Kerr can't sit him down and explain exactly what I just described above to him because it would help him 100 X and the team. This me vs them attitude he has with officials blows. Tactful players and coaches know how to play the politics
Zingod
Rookie
And1: 895

Post#30 » by Zingod » Tue Jan 9, 2018 3:45 pm

Impuniti
General Manager

Post#31 » by Impuniti » Tue Jan 9, 2018 4:27 pm

East Bay Sports wrote:
Frozzy wrote:

Yea, I'm a big fan of self awareness and you would think Draymond would realize, love and accept his defender being physical with him... because it gives him license to get physical right back. Draymond is a hypocrite, which I hate to say because I love him and hate hypocrites. But you can't have your **** cake and eat it too, MORON. You can't want to play physically but then complain about every little bump. Again, a little self awareness could go a long way. You aren't an offensive star nor do you need to be. Don't worry about getting calls at the rim as an offensive player it should be your last :censored: concern. I was no world beater but when I played I fancied myself a Draymond type. I was happy to be the glue guy who played defense, boxed out and did the general dirty work. And I LOVED to not get the call offensively. It made me say OK we're playing physically today.

A smart player and a tactful player knows WHEN to come at the refs. Iguodala is the perfect example. Because guess what? refs watch film too. refs see when you are in the right and that makes them more likely to accept and tolerate your criticism, even demonstratively, because they see on film you have a reputation for only getting angry when you are in the right. If they see you going off every play you have no credibility. Smart coaches use this to their advantage as well to influence refs calling games. Bottom line is for as smart as he is defensively in helping everyone into position, knowing where to be and how to wreak havoc on what opposing teams are trying to do he is very DUMB at how he approaches officials. There is a human element to their officiating and any smart player will take advantage of this. Instead Draymond takes an adversarial approach and plays the victim. Guess what Dray? You make your own bed, you aren't being randomly targeted and victimized.

:vent:

Having said that, he's playing his best ball of the season thus far since Steph returned. Hope he keeps it up lol. He's still my favorite player but damn seeing him interact with refs and hearing him take this **** to the press is obnoxious. I don't see how Ron Adams and Kerr can't sit him down and explain exactly what I just described above to him because it would help him 100 X and the team. This me vs them attitude he has with officials blows. Tactful players and coaches know how to play the politics

You don't think they've had a conversation with him before? Of course they, he doesn't listen. This is the same guy that played a role in the 2016 final being lost, and that didn't teach him a lesson. You think a conversation with the coach will change that? He even mentions University coach from MI told him to stop whining to the refs, and he should listen to him a few weeks ago. Do you see any change in Dramond? :lol:
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#32 » by Mylie10 » Tue Jan 9, 2018 5:45 pm

What really gets me, is when you dig down on Draymonds beef on a per instance basis, he is usually right. It's uncanny. Iguodala is very similar. They both are usually correct when they complain.

But......But....considering Draymonds place in the league, and the troubles he's had via complaining, he isn't showing enough awareness of the situation he's in. I mean the dude missed a game in the Finals. He's got to smarten up on it. Don't fight every single battle, even if you are right.

Also Jim Barnett has said that today's refs are far less able or willing to discuss and reflect. They are more combative and stand offish. They must do a better job of working with the players and not become part of the problem. B
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,656

Post#33 » by Coxy » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:29 am

Mylie10 wrote:What really gets me, is when you dig down on Draymonds beef on a per instance basis, he is usually right. It's uncanny. Iguodala is very similar. They both are usually correct when they complain.

But......But....considering Draymonds place in the league, and the troubles he's had via complaining, he isn't showing enough awareness of the situation he's in. I mean the dude missed a game in the Finals. He's got to smarten up on it. Don't fight every single battle, even if you are right.

Also Jim Barnett has said that today's refs are far less able or willing to discuss and reflect. They are more combative and stand offish. They must do a better job of working with the players and not become part of the problem. B

The org should get someone in to teach some relaxation techniques to Draymond on court. He's just piling up too many techs and barking too much back at them, even if he is right about those calls. He needs to be able to walk away and then address it with them later. I love his passion, always will, but he can't keep moving forward in his career firing off on refs nightly like he is. Something has to give, and it won't be the refs changing, and it may just get worse.

They should teach him a "3 second countdown" cool down technique for him. When he gets hit, and thinks he was fouled with no call, he could just shut eyes and count down 3, 2, 1 then take a deep breathe, and move on. We have enough talent to win almost all games without relying on the missed foul calls that happen throughout games on Dray, and he needs to take charge of this ongoing issue, that could come back again to fudge us in the playoffs.
Impuniti
General Manager

Post#34 » by Impuniti » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:57 am

Mylie10 wrote:What really gets me, is when you dig down on Draymonds beef on a per instance basis, he is usually right. It's uncanny. Iguodala is very similar. They both are usually correct when they complain.

I don't agree. Draymond literally complains every single time. As stated above, you can't play 90s defense on one end and someone bristling over your shirt, you run to the ref for the foul. I do think refs need to be better, but I don't blame the refs with Draymond as well. He sounds like douche whenever there is a game and if i was in their place, I also wouldn't listen to him. He's just disrespectful all the time.
Money_
Rookie
And1: 224

Post#35 » by Money_ » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:40 am

I would rather see him take the energy he has from a no call on one end, and use it to get commit a hard foul on defense than to see him expend his energy yelling at the ref... He has to see this from an energy stand point. His biggest reaction should be, "really?" and run back on defense while thinking to himself, "That pissed me off, how can I use this to help my team?"
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#36 » by and1GS » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:28 am

Impuniti wrote:

I don't agree. Draymond literally complains every single time. As stated above, you can't play 90s defense on one end and someone bristling over your shirt, you run to the ref for the foul. I do think refs need to be better, but I don't blame the refs with Draymond as well. He sounds like douche whenever there is a game and if i was in their place, I also wouldn't listen to him. He's just disrespectful all the time.

To re-phrase, I think Draymond is right most of the time when contesting a defensive foul. On offense he seems wrong 98% of the time. I've seen him barrel into 2 guys, flail his body like he's David Lee then explode whilst deriding a ref over the no-call. He does a lot of stupid **** on offense when he tries to do more than he's capable of.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in

Return to Golden State Warriors