ImageImageImageImageImage

Game 42: Los Angeles Clippers (18-21) @ Golden State Warriors (33-8) - 10:30 PM ET

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

GswStorm3
Assistant Coach
And1: 308

Re: Game 42: Los Angeles Clippers (18-21) @ Golden State Warriors (33-8) - 10:30 PM ET 

Post#21 » by GswStorm3 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:27 am

Kerr punted this game. He didn't bother making any adjustments in the third quarter.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,663

Re: Game 42: Los Angeles Clippers (18-21) @ Golden State Warriors (33-8) - 10:30 PM ET 

Post#22 » by Coxy » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:22 am

The entire team kind of mailed it in from the tip off.
Phase 3
Veteran
And1: 758

Post#23 » by Phase 3 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:37 am

GswStorm3 wrote:Kerr punted this game. He didn't bother making any adjustments in the third quarter.

I just don’t understand why he’s always leaning back in his chair, no tie on, and laughing non-stop. Is it really that hard to give off the impression that you’re taking the game seriously? Is he in physical pain where sitting like that helps him relieve that pain? Serious question because I know he’s had the ongoing back issue. I do know if Mark Jackson was doing that, we’d be killing him. If it was a one game thing, I’d be like whatever lol...but it’s been going on all season. Maybe he’s in a lot of physical pain and that’s why he looks uncomfortable all the time. If he’s not in pain, it’s just bizarre body language to give off as the head coach imo. Even Pop feigns interest in games even if he’s bored out of his mind because he’s been doing this for 20 years lol.
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,589

Post#24 » by HiRez » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:57 am

I don't even know where to start. Green and Young killed us popping 3s...Young didn't shoot well but at least that's his job, with Steph & Klay out I expect him to shoot a lot. But why the hell is Green taking 6 3 pointers (and missing all of them) in only 29 minutes? So many other massive problems (defense, rebounding, general lack of energy and focus), but it bugs me when Draymond keeps chucking when he's nowhere even close to hitting rim.

Can we do a Young for Williams swap? Come back soon, Steph & Klay. With a tough road trip coming up, we could be in trouble if they aren't good to go.
a8bil
Analyst
And1: 1,674

Post#25 » by a8bil » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:01 am

Klay sorely missed in this game. Williams would not have gone off and we would have had some semblance of our usual offensive.
playoffs
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,953

Post#26 » by playoffs » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:27 pm

gsw213 wrote:
GswStorm3 wrote:Kerr punted this game. He didn't bother making any adjustments in the third quarter.

I just don’t understand why he’s always leaning back in his chair, no tie on, and laughing non-stop. Is it really that hard to give off the impression that you’re taking the game seriously? Is he in physical pain where sitting like that helps him relieve that pain? Serious question because I know he’s had the ongoing back issue. I do know if Mark Jackson was doing that, we’d be killing him. If it was a one game thing, I’d be like whatever lol...but it’s been going on all season. Maybe he’s in a lot of physical pain and that’s why he looks uncomfortable all the time. If he’s not in pain, it’s just bizarre body language to give off as the head coach imo. Even Pop feigns interest in games even if he’s bored out of his mind because he’s been doing this for 20 years lol.

If Mark Jackson had led the Warriors to two NBA championships and was sitting on a 33-9 record with Steph out for more than a quarter of those games, I think he could be laughing on the bench the entire time in a game without Steph and Klay and no one would make too much of a fuss about it.
a8bil
Analyst

Post#27 » by a8bil » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:18 pm

Someone has got to light a fire under McCaw's arse...yesterday was exactly the type of game McCaw needs to use to hone his skills, win or lose. He's got to develop some leadership skills or his time in the NBA is going to be shortlived.
GswStorm3
Assistant Coach
And1: 308

Post#28 » by GswStorm3 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:41 pm

a8bil wrote:Someone has got to light a fire under McCaw's arse...yesterday was exactly the type of game McCaw needs to use to hone his skills, win or lose. He's got to develop some leadership skills or his time in the NBA is going to be shortlived.

It's bad enough that he plays too hesitant at times. But his struggles with his jumper this season really aren't helping matters.

Saw some posts on WW.net talking about dangling him for Tyreke Evans. Any thoughts on something like that?
a8bil
Analyst

Post#29 » by a8bil » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:44 pm

GswStorm3 wrote:
a8bil wrote:Someone has got to light a fire under McCaw's arse...yesterday was exactly the type of game McCaw needs to use to hone his skills, win or lose. He's got to develop some leadership skills or his time in the NBA is going to be shortlived.

It's bad enough that he plays too hesitant at times. But his struggles with his jumper this season really aren't helping matters.

Saw some posts on WW.net talking about dangling him for Tyreke Evans. Any thoughts on something like that?
Don't know how we afford Tyreke without losing another vet. Tyreke's having a decent year so I think his value is up.
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,237

Post#30 » by Impuniti » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:49 pm

a8bil wrote:
GswStorm3 wrote:

Don't know how we afford Tyreke without losing another vet. Tyreke's having a decent year so I think his value is up.

Nick Young for Tyreke works on trade machine. :oops: Only other solution is McCaw & McGee for Tyreke.
ChuckS
Bench Warmer
And1: 213

Post#31 » by ChuckS » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:13 pm

I generally do not post after a loss, because it's an aberration, and I feel picky criticizing these players and coaches.

But, golly willickers, was it smart to rest a healthy player of the caliber of Klay last night, when Steph was believed to be only out for that game, probably, Durant was supposed to be on reduced minutes his first game back, and Dre and Dray were considered probable with knee (and hip) soreness?

Sure, I agree with going home with the guy who brung ya, but in those rare instances when what makes us special is not working is it unreasonable to expect an adjustment? This was only the second game this year that I noticed it, and I realize he was somewhat under the weather, but Dray not only was playing poorly but shooting too many ill advised threes which I thought killed any chance for a comeback. As a great competitor, however, he probably thought he must. Our rebounding, allowing multiple possessions, was atrocious.

Does anyone else think we are (even if it is uncommon because of a seven foot small forward) slow to realize when our small lineups are being compromised? Even though it was a great guard who killed us, we lost a game earlier to 500 pounds of inside presence while playing a rookie center who did well, but was the size of the opponent small forward. Dwight Howard also killed us. And tonight it was Jordan and rebounds, if not quite as much as Lou Williams. Are we fully utilizing the diversity of our centers?

I've watched this game long enough to know that nothing can stop a good shooter who is having a night when everything goes right. But did it really take over three quarters to even try to trap or double him? All they had to do was pick Dre. Even though it's easier with Klay, I thought we had found an adjustment to that in those epic Cleveland series. Last night should have been easier, though we did make a few decent players look like Kyrie Irving. I still would have preferred them shooting instead of Lou W.

Having written all this, I feel stupid. We hardly ever lose, and even the greatest teams have horrible games. It seems sacrilegious to complain. This is particularly so when I realize that when our big four are all playing, anything else rarely hurts us or makes a difference.

In retrospect then...disregard this.
Phase 3
Veteran
And1: 758

Post#32 » by Phase 3 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:30 pm

Definitely need to keep Klay here long term unless an unbelievable offer comes. He’s vital to what this team does.
playoffs
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,953

Post#33 » by playoffs » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:53 pm

I've barely watched Tyreke play this year, so take this with a grain of salt, but if he's anything like he was in the past, Tyreke is absolutely not the player GS needs. Nick Young, for all his faults, at least plays at a pace that fits this team's system. Tyreke (again, assuming he's still the same player) pounds the ball and sucks all the energy out of the offense.
Sam Lowry Jr
Bench Warmer
And1: 281

Post#34 » by Sam Lowry Jr » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:10 pm

ChuckS wrote:I generally do not post after a loss, because it's an aberration, and I feel picky criticizing these players and coaches.

But, golly willickers, was it smart to rest a healthy player of the caliber of Klay last night, when Steph was believed to be only out for that game, probably, Durant was supposed to be on reduced minutes his first game back, and Dre and Dray were considered probable with knee (and hip) soreness?

From my understanding, the decision to rest Klay happened well in advanced and Curry got hurt in the morning shoot around. They probably tried to call up Klay after Curry got hurt, but by then he was probably binge playing 12+ hours of FIFA, blazed out of his mind, with Rocco and his latest IG model gf by his side.

They also tried to call up Quinn Cook from Santa Cruz, but it was logistically tough to get him from Santa Cruz to the arena on time.

In retrospect, Quinn Cook would have helped. A defensive minded guard who could shoot the three and handle the ball. Spacing really sucked with Livingston out there and no Step or Klay.
hamncheese
Assistant Coach
And1: 849

Post#35 » by hamncheese » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:09 pm

Sam Lowry Jr wrote:They also tried to call up Quinn Cook from Santa Cruz, but it was logistically tough to get him from Santa Cruz to the arena on time.

In retrospect, Quinn Cook would have helped. A defensive minded guard who could shoot the three and handle the ball. Spacing really sucked with Livingston out there and no Step or Klay.

SC Warriors were in Ontario, Canada for the GLeague Showcase. So it's likely he'll be flying to Milwaukee for the start of the road trip if he's needed.
Bob Myers, June 7, 2018: "“It’s not in my job description to please NBA fans. It’s to win, end of story. I don’t need to be entertained, I just need to win. That’s all it is. That’s all I was hired to do. Win.”
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,165

Post#36 » by cpower » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:59 pm

i am a positive person now :P go team go
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#37 » by Mylie10 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:40 pm

ChuckS wrote:I generally do not post after a loss, because it's an aberration, and I feel picky criticizing these players and coaches.

Sure, I agree with going home with the guy who brung ya, but in those rare instances when what makes us special is not working is it unreasonable to expect an adjustment? This was only the second game this year that I noticed it, and I realize he was somewhat under the weather, but Dray not only was playing poorly but shooting too many ill advised threes which I thought killed any chance for a comeback. As a great competitor, however, he probably thought he must. Our rebounding, allowing multiple possessions, was atrocious.

Does anyone else think we are (even if it is uncommon because of a seven foot small forward) slow to realize when our small lineups are being compromised? Even though it was a great guard who killed us, we lost a game earlier to 500 pounds of inside presence while playing a rookie center who did well, but was the size of the opponent small forward. Dwight Howard also killed us. And tonight it was Jordan and rebounds, if not quite as much as Lou Williams. Are we fully utilizing the diversity of our centers?

I've watched this game long enough to know that nothing can stop a good shooter who is having a night when everything goes right. But did it really take over three quarters to even try to trap or double him? All they had to do was pick Dre. Even though it's easier with Klay, I thought we had found an adjustment to that in those epic Cleveland series. Last night should have been easier, though we did make a few decent players look like Kyrie Irving. I still would have preferred them shooting instead of Lou W.

Having written all this, I feel stupid. We hardly ever lose, and even the greatest teams have horrible games. It seems sacrilegious to complain. This is particularly so when I realize that when our big four are all playing, anything else rarely hurts us or makes a difference.

In retrospect then...disregard this.

Its totally fine to criticize a game that has you scratching your head. Especially since you aren't constantly complaining over everything on a regular basis.

There are some head scratching moves from time to time. I'm glad you brought up the Dwight Howard game, because it was completely clear that Bell could not handle him. So the matchup made no sense from early on in the game. I just don't think Bell is a good matchup for the bigger stronger centers. At least not at this stage of his career.

And with all the switching we do, I don't understand times when we continue to switch into unfavorable matchups. Its like basketball 101 when an mismatch is killing you, you adjust. Its not rocket science.

So for me, when I get overly frustrated, I think to myself that with as talented a staff as we have, especially with Ron Adams sitting there, I feel like there is a specific thing they are trying to glean for future reference. Like maybe teaching a young guy how to handle unfavorable matchups. Or allowing the team to try and play through adversity. Or maybe trying to drive a point home based on something they have been harping on as coaches, but for whatever reason the team isn't following through, or is continuing to make the same mistakes.

3 Finals in 3 years has me giving them the benefit of the doubt. Literally
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#38 » by Mylie10 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:41 pm

playoffs wrote:I've barely watched Tyreke play this year, so take this with a grain of salt, but if he's anything like he was in the past, Tyreke is absolutely not the player GS needs. Nick Young, for all his faults, at least plays at a pace that fits this team's system. Tyreke (again, assuming he's still the same player) pounds the ball and sucks all the energy out of the offense.

Tyreke is playing a much better and more mature brand of basketball these days. Its not a joke what he's doing right now.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#39 » by Mylie10 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:42 pm

cpower wrote:i am a positive person now :P go team go

This really made me smile...Nice job Power!
Khoee wrote “

Return to Golden State Warriors