Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Steph has rolled his ankle again 

Post#1 » by FNQ » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:17 pm

FYI

No idea how long he'll be out, but I think instead of correcting the many, many people who struggle with complete sentences yet have sage medical advice for Steph, I'm just gonna watch the GB's suggestions :D

If I hear anything I'll pass it on, but since there's hardly a panic going on, I'd imagine its on the lesser side.
Samurai
General Manager
And1: 2,891

Re: Steph has rolled his ankle again 

Post#2 » by Samurai » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:20 pm

FNQ wrote:FYI

No idea how long he'll be out, but I think instead of correcting the many, many people who struggle with complete sentences yet have sage medical advice for Steph, I'm just gonna watch the GB's suggestions :D

If I hear anything I'll pass it on, but since there's hardly a panic going on, I'd imagine its on the lesser side.

According to SF Gate, a team source told the Chronicle that "it doesn't look serious at all, but we're not taking any chances on anything this year."
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#3 » by FNQ » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:23 pm

Samurai wrote:
FNQ wrote:FYI

According to SF Gate, a team source told the Chronicle that "it doesn't look serious at all, but we're not taking any chances on anything this year."

I dunno how they'd know that at this point though. An MRI this early would be inconclusive, and lack of swelling doesnt necessarily indicate anything. I guess they'd know that his ankle isnt broken and there isnt severe ligament damage, so that's good. But could still be a grade 2 sprain, which would be 4-6 weeks. That's on the worst-case-scenario end though
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,635

Post#4 » by Coxy » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:30 pm

Steph's just being a pansy, put a band-aid on it and get on with it.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#5 » by Mylie10 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:57 pm

He need special massage
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,138

Post#6 » by Impuniti » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:08 am

Coxy wrote:Steph's just being a pansy, put a band-aid on it and get on with it.

My guess is they told him no when he wanted to. He better be playing vs the Bucks on Friday and turn it up for this entire road trip.
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,578

Post#7 » by HiRez » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:16 am

Did this happen in practice? Or was it left-over from the last game? He came back strong but now there's going to be a lot of speculation about whether he should have been allowed to come back. Seems like lately we get Steph or KD but never both at the same time. I thought this Clippers game was in the bag but now with Steph out I'm not so sure. If Klay and KD struggle at all shooting it's going to get real ugly.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,635

Post#8 » by Coxy » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:24 am

HiRez wrote:Did this happen in practice? Or was it left-over from the last game? He came back strong but now there's going to be a lot of speculation about whether he should have been allowed to come back. Seems like lately we get Steph or KD but never both at the same time. I thought this Clippers game was in the bag but now with Steph out I'm not so sure. If Klay and KD struggle at all shooting it's going to get real ugly.

I'm hoping that it's just a rest thing for the ankle joint. It's great that he came back and looked great, but whenever I've had ankle sprains in the past, the joint needs further time to heal and strengthen after that initial workload back. There always seemed to be lingering pain in the injured area, maybe a ligament or muscle or so.
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,138

Post#9 » by Impuniti » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:42 am

HiRez wrote:Did this happen in practice? Or was it left-over from the last game? He came back strong but now there's going to be a lot of speculation about whether he should have been allowed to come back. Seems like lately we get Steph or KD but never both at the same time. I thought this Clippers game was in the bag but now with Steph out I'm not so sure. If Klay and KD struggle at all shooting it's going to get real ugly.

Klay is being rested.
NeoWarriors
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,294

Post#10 » by NeoWarriors » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:54 am

This is Bob Meyer statement. He didn't see it happen and said he might have been screwing around. I can only assume he was riding a scooter.

Sent from my Golden State Warriors ProToast Elite Toaster using RealGM mobile app
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,721

Post#11 » by floppymoose » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:07 am

Does this mean he’s going to score 60 a game when he’s back?
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#12 » by and1GS » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:32 am

Mylie10 wrote:He need special massage

I give him one for tree fiddy.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in

Return to Golden State Warriors