ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Idea: Simmons for McCaw/ Young

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

jaymo123
Starter
And1: 763

Trade Idea: Simmons for McCaw/ Young 

Post#1 » by jaymo123 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:58 pm

With trade day looming, here is a trade I think could help GSW bench, especially on defense. So here is the trade:

GSW Trades McCaw and Young for Simmons. I know Simmons may not shoot like Young but is better in all other categories than both McCaw and Young and is better Iggy Clone than McCaw. McCaw has been a disappointment this year. I've liked Simmons upside since San Antonio and like his upside way better than McCaw's at this point.

What ya think?

P.S. Jonathan Simmons, Not Ben Simmons.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Re: Trade Idea: Simmons for McCaw/ Young 

Post#2 » by Mylie10 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:47 pm

Lol, I immediately thought you meant Ben Simmons. I was thinking that package wouldn't get you Big Ben lol
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Phase 3
Veteran
And1: 758

Post#3 » by Phase 3 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:28 pm

jaymo123 wrote:With trade day looming, here is a trade I think could help GSW bench, especially on defense. So here is the trade:

GSW Trades McCaw and Young for Simmons. I know Simmons may not shoot like Young but is better in all other categories than both McCaw and Young and is better Iggy Clone than McCaw. McCaw has been a disappointment this year. I've liked Simmons upside since San Antonio and like his upside way better than McCaw's at this point.

What ya think?

Which Simmons are you talking about? Jonathan Simmons? If so, yeah I’d do that....I don’t know why the Magic would though.
SFrush
Sixth Man
And1: 778

Post#4 » by SFrush » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:41 pm

I would do it. I doubt Orlando would though.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,661

Post#5 » by Coxy » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:24 am

The league would protest, riot and then burn down the Golden Gate Bridge if we pulled this off. Yes yes and indeed more yes from me.

Orlando would have to be smoking peyote to agree to this.
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,745

Post#6 » by azwfan » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:13 am

jaymo123 wrote:With trade day looming, here is a trade I think could help GSW bench, especially on defense. So here is the trade:

What ya think?

This is a great trade for us. I'd add some sweetener to it if Orlando wanted it.
Our 1st for Orlando's 2nd swap (right now its only a couple pick slots).
Looney
Jones
Future 2nd
cash considerations

<praying Otis Smith is still the Orlando GM>
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
WESCO
Head Coach
And1: 977

Post#7 » by WESCO » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:11 pm

ORL Simmons is such a value in terms of talent and contract. What a steal in the off-season.

Unfortunately I think the value going to ORL wouldn't be enough.
East Bay Sports
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,559

Post#8 » by East Bay Sports » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:20 pm

His advanced stats are buns with ORL but I imagine he would contribute here just like he did for SAS. His deal does look nice for the next two seasons
Quazza
Head Coach
And1: 1,727

Post#9 » by Quazza » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:47 pm

Why would Orlando do this though ?

That said , their recent trade track record isn't flash
KevinMcreynolds wrote:BIG DICK BOB DOIN WORK

KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment
The-Power
General Manager
And1: 9,094

Post#10 » by The-Power » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:18 pm

azwfan wrote:

What ya think?

This is a great trade for us. I'd add some sweetener to it if Orlando wanted it.
Looney
Jones
Future 2nd
cash considerations

All of that? I like Simmons but he's not worth that much to us. We'd be losing too much depth, we would be deprived of some young talent who, even though they are not great talents by any means, are still on their Rookie deals and can fill out some roles, and most importantly our target should always be to use our draft picks smartly to add cheap youth to our team. Hopefully we won't be as stupid as other franchises and just throw away 1st and 2nd round draft picks as if they have very little value. Because they are not only valuable for rebuilding teams, they are also valuable for teams which have their core in place and try to add some potentially solid role players on good contracts. Also, let's not forget that Simmons is ‘already‘ 28 and not some young developing talent anymore.
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,745

Post#11 » by azwfan » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:20 pm

The-Power wrote:
azwfan wrote:

What ya think?

Looney
Jones
Future 2nd
cash considerations

All of that? I like Simmons but he's not worth that much to us. We'd be losing too much depth, we would be deprived of some young talent who, even though they are not great talents by any means, are still on their Rookie deals and can fill out some roles, and most importantly our target should always be to use our draft picks smartly to add cheap youth to our team. Hopefully we won't be as stupid as other franchises and just throw away 1st and 2nd round draft picks as if they have very little value. Because they are not only valuable for rebuilding teams, they are also valuable for teams which have their core in place and try to add some potentially solid role players on good contracts. Also, let's not forget that Simmons is ‘already‘ 28 and not some young developing talent anymore.

LOL. Any of that... not all. Although, it really isn't all that much.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
The-Power
General Manager
And1: 9,094

Post#12 » by The-Power » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:48 pm

azwfan wrote:
The-Power wrote:
azwfan wrote:This is a great trade for us. I'd add some sweetener to it if Orlando wanted it.
Looney
Jones
Future 2nd
cash considerations

LOL. Any of that... not all. Although, it really isn't all that much.

Young, Jones and a 2nd or McCaw plus a 2nd or Young (if they already know that they're probably not willing to extend McCaw) are things I would consider. Everything more than that and I'm not excited about the prospect of trading for him. Ultimately, he's not more than a 15-20 MPG low-usage player on a good team and he might be even less with us with everyone healthy.
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,828

Post#13 » by cdubbz » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:54 pm

Is Meyers the type to get Young here and then trade him away? Don't think he is.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.

Return to Golden State Warriors