ImageImageImageImageImage

The BIGS next season

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,246

Re: The BIGS next season 

Post#21 » by wco81 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:43 am

Yeah but when you get big opponents, somebody has to bang against them or absorb some of those blows.

Draymond can't do it all game long and that's not McGee's game either.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#22 » by Mylie10 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:47 pm

wco81 wrote:Yeah but when you get big opponents, somebody has to bang against them or absorb some of those blows.

Draymond can't do it all game long and that's not McGee's game either.

Thats why I said matchups. But who are you afraid of in a bang matchup right now? Steven Adams maybe?

But as far as playing against bigs like Gobert and Capela, I go Javale, and even Looney. Both have length and can protect the rim. Looney switches out well on the perimeter. Zaza can't, hes to effing slow. I sit him until there's a glaring need. Time to move on.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
wco81
RealGM

Post#23 » by wco81 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:08 pm

Even LaMarcus. The last two games against the Spurs, looked like Zaza had some good stints against him when LA tried to bully his way to the rim.

Now if he was matching up against someone like Towns, who can shoot from 3 and dribble past most big men, it's a big mismatch. But none of the Warriors players really can defend Towns that well.

Also I think Zaza did okay against Nurkic too.

Capela is way too athletic for the Warriors bigs but the problem there is that if the guards or wings give up dribble penetration to Harden or CP3, then it's over, it's a lob to Cappela.
wco81
RealGM

Post#24 » by wco81 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:15 pm

Wonder if Ezeli is past his health problems and going to attempt a return.

He might be willing to take a 1-year prove-it deal.

Was he kind of bullied by some of the Warriors vets when he was here?
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#25 » by Mylie10 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:48 pm

Mylie10 wrote:I don't want Zaza playing unless its a big slow center matchup. He can't cover dudes on drives, or protect the rim. He cant switch on guys out to the three point line. To me he should be odd man out to begin games.

"The Prophet Mylie" my new hook
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...

Return to Golden State Warriors