ImageImageImageImageImage

Is it me or are many posters on the General Board very salty when discussing Kevin Durant?

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

KidPistol
Sixth Man
And1: 1,510

Is it me or are many posters on the General Board very salty when discussing Kevin Durant? 

Post#1 » by KidPistol » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:13 am

Seriously. Some of these posters are fans of teams that have built super teams in the past yet because Golden State has one, they are upset. Why can’t they just appreciate greatness instead of being haters? It’s awfully funny when EVEN HEAT fans get salty about KD. Lol just a thought.
The scariest question in NBA history.

"Can Stephen Curry get better?"
StroShow6
Sophomore
And1: 98

Re: Is it me or are many posters on the General Board very salty when discussing Kevin Durant? 

Post#2 » by StroShow6 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:22 am

if they ain't hatin' you aint poppin'

KD is great, greatness brings haters
WarriorGM
General Manager
And1: 3,690

Re: Is it me or are many posters on the General Board very salty when discussing Kevin Durant? 

Post#3 » by WarriorGM » Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:22 pm

They're continuing with it because they sense it's getting underneath KD's skin. I have no problem with him joining up with the Dubs but he's prolonging the brouhaha with his comments and actions.
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,743

Post#4 » by azwfan » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:28 pm

Its just you. Everyone loves KD.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
Flash Falcon X
General Manager
And1: 4,706

Post#6 » by Flash Falcon X » Sun Apr 1, 2018 6:25 am

They dislike the Warriors in general.

I remember a thread about commentators,

Someone was mad at Mike Breen’s call when Curry made that game winning 3 pointer in OKC in 2016.

The reason why the poster was mad? Because Mike Breen said “BANG!” twice.

Really? People hate the Warriors so much they get mad when an announcer says his signature line twice? Mind you, it was a three from almost half court with 15+ seconds left on the shot clock and it was in OT, so naturally anyone would be shocked with the shot. Of course Mike Breen would be a little more enthusiastic than normal.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
#DubNation
Flash Falcon X
General Manager
And1: 4,706

Post#7 » by Flash Falcon X » Sun Apr 1, 2018 6:30 am

The Warriors are being hated for being too good with their rebuilding process.

The Warriors sucked for decades and have always tried to rebuild.

They made a significant rebuilding move by trading Monta for Bogut.

This gave them the defense to pair with the potential of their youth, WHICH THEY DRAFTED (Curry #7, Klay #11, Draymond in the second round, HB #7, Ezeli #30, Bazemore undrafted, etc.)

This core of young guys (e.g. Curry, Klay, Green, Barnes) developed together until they were good enough to finally make the playoffs since 2007.

Their performances in the Playoffs and their potential was good enough to attract a key free agent in Iguodala.

Remember when the best free agents the Warriors could get was Derek Fisher and Corey Maggette which they had to overpay just to come here?

With Iguodala and a constantly improving core of young guys, the Warriors successfully rebuilt their franchise.

Isn’t that the goal for a team?

And then they were so good, they attracted the best FA in 2016 in KD.

Isn’t the goal to be good enough to attract the best free agents? Every team does it.

As a free agent, isn’t the goal to put yourself in the best position possible to win and have more opportunity? Actually, that goal applies to all of us in life. If a better company in a better location offered you a position, you take it in a heartbeat.

The Warriors that sucked a decade ago are now villainized for rebuilding too successfully. Lol.

#DubNation
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,656

Post#8 » by Coxy » Sun Apr 1, 2018 10:13 am

The general board is littered with immature sheep that struggle to use their brains beyond the herd crap think.
Outside
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,197

Post#9 » by Outside » Mon Apr 2, 2018 7:13 am

It's not as bad as the General board, but there's some serious salt for KD on the PC board.
Rocketsbaby
Sixth Man
And1: 1,114

Post#10 » by Rocketsbaby » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:06 am

There should be. Durant posed as an alltime great but he took the easy way out to win a title.

Not only that he completely ruined an NBA season. Last year was perhaps the worst season in NBA history. Zero drama, terrible playoffs.... he turned the NBA playoffs which were "Must See TV" into "Fall Asleep TV".

When you get older you start to realize there isnt a lot to look forward to in life. THe girls stop sleeping with you, the drugs get weaker, and all you have to look forward to is sports.

So to see a guy like Lebron provide the most awe inspiring Championship ever and literally singlehandedly pull a bunch of scrubs trhough a 73 win juggernaut. And then see Durant just piggyback his way to a title... and ruin the sport for everyone who PAYS to watch them compete.... it was insulting.

We get leaving westbrook. he was probably not going to ever win there. But to just "take" a title instead of wining it was embarrasing. Something he will never live down in my opinion.

And coming off the season KD just had, i think its arguable that he's even a "GREAT" anymore.... he had a rough season and without Curry no one is sure he can even be the best player on a title contender anymore
Rocketsbaby
Sixth Man
And1: 1,114

Post#11 » by Rocketsbaby » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:11 am

Flash Falcon X wrote:The Warriors are being hated for being too good with their rebuilding process.

This gave them the defense to pair with the potential of their youth, WHICH THEY DRAFTED (Curry #7, Klay #11, Draymond in the second round, HB #7, Ezeli #30, Bazemore undrafted, etc.)

This core of young guys (e.g. Curry, Klay, Green, Barnes) developed together until they were good enough to finally make the playoffs since 2007.

Their performances in the Playoffs and their potential was good enough to attract a key free agent in Iguodala.

Remember when the best free agents the Warriors could get was Derek Fisher and Corey Maggette which they had to overpay just to come here?

With Iguodala and a constantly improving core of young guys, the Warriors successfully rebuilt their franchise.

Isn’t the goal to be good enough to attract the best free agents? Every team does it.

As a free agent, isn’t the goal to put yourself in the best position possible to win and have more opportunity? Actually, that goal applies to all of us in life. If a better company in a better location offered you a position, you take it in a heartbeat.

The Warriors that sucked a decade ago are now villainized for rebuilding too successfully. Lol.

Everything was legit leading up to it. Except the KD signing. Literally every team in the league had cap room. It wass a FLUKE that the tv deal went into effect and gave every team cap room. A 73 win team coming off one title and one fluke title series loss should have nevver had max cap space. Its an obvious loophole that KD took to become a "GREAT" without actually proving it on the court
michaelm
RealGM
And1: 4,792

Post#12 » by michaelm » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:35 am

Rocketsbaby wrote:
Flash Falcon X wrote:The Warriors are being hated for being too good with their rebuilding process.

Everything was legit leading up to it. Except the KD signing. Literally every team in the league had cap room. It wass a FLUKE that the tv deal went into effect and gave every team cap room. A 73 win team coming off one title and one fluke title series loss should have nevver had max cap space. Its an obvious loophole that KD took to become a "GREAT" without actually proving it on the court

How many lives does Durant get to live, why was the FA rule devised, and why does he uniquely have to make things more difficult for himself, when LeBron whom he obviously wants to beat has made win now FA moves twice, in the first instance to a superteam which beat Durant and his organically grown team to which he stayed loyal for 9 years?.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,835

Post#13 » by whatisacenter » Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:50 pm

Rocketsbaby wrote:There should be. Durant posed as an alltime great but he took the easy way out to win a title.

Not only that he completely ruined an NBA season. Last year was perhaps the worst season in NBA history. Zero drama, terrible playoffs.... he turned the NBA playoffs which were "Must See TV" into "Fall Asleep TV".

When you get older you start to realize there isnt a lot to look forward to in life. THe girls stop sleeping with you, the drugs get weaker, and all you have to look forward to is sports.

So to see a guy like Lebron provide the most awe inspiring Championship ever and literally singlehandedly pull a bunch of scrubs trhough a 73 win juggernaut. And then see Durant just piggyback his way to a title... and ruin the sport for everyone who PAYS to watch them compete.... it was insulting.

We get leaving westbrook. he was probably not going to ever win there. But to just "take" a title instead of wining it was embarrasing. Something he will never live down in my opinion.

And coming off the season KD just had, i think its arguable that he's even a "GREAT" anymore.... he had a rough season and without Curry no one is sure he can even be the best player on a title contender anymore

It's just a matter of perspective. I feel like Lebron teabagged his way to a championship with help from clutch Kyrie which opened the door for KD to join the Warriors.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#14 » by Mylie10 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:02 pm

The easiest path Durant could have taken would have been going to the East lol
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Badly Browned
Analyst
And1: 326

Post#15 » by Badly Browned » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:38 pm

Remember guys, the 2015-2016 Warriors (and especially Curry) were sooooooo overrated, lucked their way to a championship, and losing to the Cavaliers after going 3-1 proved it.

But also Kevin Durant joined an already impossible to beat team so why bother watching the NBA anymore :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm not going to say that Curry is God. But he is definitely a god. -NeoWarriors
B_Creamy
Senior
And1: 761

Post#16 » by B_Creamy » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:22 pm

KidPistol wrote:Seriously. Some of these posters are fans of teams that have built super teams in the past yet because Golden State has one, they are upset. Why can’t they just appreciate greatness instead of being haters? It’s awfully funny when EVEN HEAT fans get salty about KD. Lol just a thought.

I'm sorry for barging into your board, but if you actually think this you have no sense of proportionality.
michaelm
RealGM
And1: 4,792

Post#17 » by michaelm » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:32 am

B_Creamy wrote:
KidPistol wrote:Seriously. Some of these posters are fans of teams that have built super teams in the past yet because Golden State has one, they are upset. Why can’t they just appreciate greatness instead of being haters? It’s awfully funny when EVEN HEAT fans get salty about KD. Lol just a thought.

I'm sorry for barging into your board, but if you actually think this you have no sense of proportionality.

Ditto.
shazam_guy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,136

Post#18 » by shazam_guy » Wed May 2, 2018 11:36 pm

How many of those salty dogs wanted Durant for their own team? Answer -- probably all of them. QED. Because he went to the Warriors, the Warriors are essentially cheaters, because they were already good. If he wasn't going to go to one of their teams, they wanted him to stay in OKC and watch Westbrook host up pointless long twos and not win a championship.
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,134

Post#19 » by cpower » Thu May 3, 2018 12:23 am

I am ok to criticize KD as long as most people around the world still consider him the best player on this warriors team and possible the best player in the world. That is not OK. There is only one king in the house that is stephen curry.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#20 » by FNQ » Fri May 4, 2018 8:32 pm

GB posters are salty about a great player or great team? That's quite surprising to me. I think my faith in the general board's ability to have a take thats not built on emotion is shaken.

Return to Golden State Warriors