They're not getting past Houston
21%

Total votes: 24

Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Re: Are warriors repeating 

Post#61 » by Little Digger » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:11 pm

I’m picking the NBA Finals based on current health..

Houston in 5 over Cleveland
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,237

Post#62 » by Impuniti » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:46 pm

gsw213 wrote:
floppymoose wrote:I don’t know if anyone has noticed but GSW is without Curry entering the playoffs.

Yeah. I don’t know why Warriors fans are talking about his injury like it’s just another injury lol. And I’m not talking about anyone specifically on this board...just Warriors fans I’ve encountered outside of this place. If Draymond or Iguodala was hurt, I’d be like “tough break, next man up, ect” lol...but their entire playoff fortunes hinge on Steph getting back as soon as possible, close to 100%. And from watching how much his previous MCL injury affected his game in the 2016 playoffs, forgive me for being a bit pessimistic about the chances we see the “real Steph” again this postseason. Again, I’m still holding out hope it will happen...I’m just not counting on it.

This is why it's important for the coach to do his job and keep far from the games. Kerr should only put him out there in r1 if it's elimination time.
Outside
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,251

Post#63 » by Outside » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:54 pm

Impuniti wrote:
gsw213 wrote:
floppymoose wrote:I don’t know if anyone has noticed but GSW is without Curry entering the playoffs.

Yeah. I don’t know why Warriors fans are talking about his injury like it’s just another injury lol. And I’m not talking about anyone specifically on this board...just Warriors fans I’ve encountered outside of this place. If Draymond or Iguodala was hurt, I’d be like “tough break, next man up, ect” lol...but their entire playoff fortunes hinge on Steph getting back as soon as possible, close to 100%. And from watching how much his previous MCL injury affected his game in the 2016 playoffs, forgive me for being a bit pessimistic about the chances we see the “real Steph” again this postseason. Again, I’m still holding out hope it will happen...I’m just not counting on it.

This is why it's important for the coach to do his job and keep far from the games. Kerr should only put him out there in r1 if it's elimination time.

Even then, I don't want Curry playing in the first round. If the rest of them can't beat the Spurs without Curry, then pack it up, go home, and get your heads together for next season. I don't want a repeat of 2016, when Curry came back too soon, was awesome in his first game ("I'm back!"), shot great in a few games, but his knee didn't get a chance to heal and got worse as the playoffs progressed to the point he had no lateral movement and couldn't shake traffic cone Kevin Love.

If Curry won't be healthy enough to sustain his play through the finals, then putting him in to save the Warriors in the first round served no purpose. This team is about titles. If Curry's not ready to see it through to the end, then he's not ready. If he comes back at 75-80 percent, you have to expect regression on a knee that's not fully healed. Wait until he's at least 90 percent. If he's out for another month, so be it.
Impuniti
General Manager

Post#64 » by Impuniti » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:30 pm

Outside wrote:
Impuniti wrote:
gsw213 wrote:Yeah. I don’t know why Warriors fans are talking about his injury like it’s just another injury lol. And I’m not talking about anyone specifically on this board...just Warriors fans I’ve encountered outside of this place. If Draymond or Iguodala was hurt, I’d be like “tough break, next man up, ect” lol...but their entire playoff fortunes hinge on Steph getting back as soon as possible, close to 100%. And from watching how much his previous MCL injury affected his game in the 2016 playoffs, forgive me for being a bit pessimistic about the chances we see the “real Steph” again this postseason. Again, I’m still holding out hope it will happen...I’m just not counting on it.

Even then, I don't want Curry playing in the first round. If the rest of them can't beat the Spurs without Curry, then pack it up, go home, and get your heads together for next season. I don't want a repeat of 2016, when Curry came back too soon, was awesome in his first game ("I'm back!"), shot great in a few games, but his knee didn't get a chance to heal and got worse as the playoffs progressed to the point he had no lateral movement and couldn't shake traffic cone Kevin Love.

If Curry won't be healthy enough to sustain his play through the finals, then putting him in to save the Warriors in the first round served no purpose. This team is about titles. If Curry's not ready to see it through to the end, then he's not ready. If he comes back at 75-80 percent, you have to expect regression on a knee that's not fully healed. Wait until he's at least 90 percent. If he's out for another month, so be it.

I don't think that would be an issue though. Missing round 1 is 5 weeks. KD missed 6, and he was on crutches at the time it happened unlike Steph. Now a big difference is KD's style (lots of isos) to a PG that uses handles and is constantly moving off the ball. He should be ready by round 2 at some point, there's already been confirmation that there's no set backs. Lets just see how this team does by the end of next week and how Steph progresses.
Outside
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,251

Post#65 » by Outside » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:27 pm

Impuniti wrote:
Outside wrote:
Impuniti wrote:This is why it's important for the coach to do his job and keep far from the games. Kerr should only put him out there in r1 if it's elimination time.

I don't think that would be an issue though. Missing round 1 is 5 weeks. KD missed 6, and he was on crutches at the time it happened unlike Steph. Now a big difference is KD's style (lots of isos) to a PG that uses handles and is constantly moving off the ball. He should be ready by round 2 at some point, there's already been confirmation that there's no set backs. Lets just see how this team does by the end of next week and how Steph progresses.

I hope you're right. Just please no repeat of how they handled his injury in the 2016 postseason.
Impuniti
General Manager

Post#66 » by Impuniti » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:17 pm

Outside wrote:
Impuniti wrote:
Outside wrote:Even then, I don't want Curry playing in the first round. If the rest of them can't beat the Spurs without Curry, then pack it up, go home, and get your heads together for next season. I don't want a repeat of 2016, when Curry came back too soon, was awesome in his first game ("I'm back!"), shot great in a few games, but his knee didn't get a chance to heal and got worse as the playoffs progressed to the point he had no lateral movement and couldn't shake traffic cone Kevin Love.

I hope you're right. Just please no repeat of how they handled his injury in the 2016 postseason.

Well there I actually share your concerns. I know Steph is the kind of guy that wants to help his team at 70% by game 2, that's when I'd like to see Kerr step in and do his job, from a management pov. He is a great player's coach, but sometimes you need to stand with your decision.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,258

Post#67 » by wco81 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:32 pm

I thought it was odd that in the bottom scroll, ESPN listed Kawhi as being out for game 1.

Does that mean he could play in one of the other games?
FunkNinerFlex
Freshman
And1: 8

Post#68 » by FunkNinerFlex » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:31 pm

wco81 wrote:I thought it was odd that in the bottom scroll, ESPN listed Kawhi as being out for game 1.

Does that mean he could play in one of the other games?

He’s not listed as inactive for the series, so ESPN will most likely have his status game to game.

I think this is also for gambling purposes.

Return to Golden State Warriors