Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

SFrush
Sixth Man
And1: 778

Re: Next years roster 

Post#21 » by SFrush » Mon Apr 9, 2018 8:24 pm

KidPistol wrote:
SFrush wrote:
KidPistol wrote:I honestly don’t think this will happen but if it does, what if KD decides to go back OKC or something? Win or lose? That pretty much means we’ll have damn near a brand new roster and a solid amount of cap space to work with. We’d be able to prioritize our bench and add solid depth, maybe even bring a JJ Reddick in to ring chase and couple other spark plugs as well as a defensive center. Win/win situation for the Dubs.

I don't even have to look at the numbers to know that's not accurate.

I'm assuming we wouldn't have to pay Durant due to his 1+1 contract right? Hypothetically speaking of course.

Subtract Durant and we would still have over 100 mil in committed salaries. The projected salary cap this summer will be around 101-103 mil. Basically we'll only have the Taxpayers MLE with or without KD.
SFrush
Sixth Man

Post#22 » by SFrush » Mon Apr 9, 2018 8:30 pm

GswStorm3 wrote:We need another 3&D player off the bench. Mbah a Moute would be the best fit.

Agreed
KidPistol
Sixth Man
And1: 1,510

Post#23 » by KidPistol » Mon Apr 9, 2018 8:41 pm

SFrush wrote:
KidPistol wrote:
SFrush wrote:
I don't even have to look at the numbers to know that's not accurate.

I'm assuming we wouldn't have to pay Durant due to his 1+1 contract right? Hypothetically speaking of course.

Subtract Durant and we would still have over 100 mil in committed salaries. The projected salary cap this summer will be around 101-103 mil. Basically we'll only have the Taxpayers MLE with or without KD.

Hmm ok. Wow Iggy is making way to much for then production he posted this year. Couldn’t we just trade him and make room for younger players?
The scariest question in NBA history.

"Can Stephen Curry get better?"
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,143

Post#24 » by cpower » Mon Apr 9, 2018 8:49 pm

We need energy players, 3D players and a point guard. This team is just way too soft right now.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,237

Post#25 » by wco81 » Mon Apr 9, 2018 8:56 pm

I think it would be hard to trade those contracts that Iggy and Livingston have.

And it would be hard to get replacement players and integrate them into a new death lineup switch-everything defense.

Livingston, maybe yes because his deal is only for one more year so he might be on an expiring next year?

And IIRC Iggy's last year is only guaranteed for $8 million so that might be attractive for a trade but maybe more a year from now, not the start of next season necessarily.

Like I said, these players may have declined but there are no easy replacements. Young wing players still in their mid 20s are going to look to make money in their careers rather than ring-chase. And again, even if they signed on, it would take training and development to assume those key roles.

I'm still hoping Iggy and Livingston at least approach the effectiveness of their previous playoff runs. Otherwise, it was a mistake signing them.
SFrush
Sixth Man

Post#26 » by SFrush » Mon Apr 9, 2018 9:03 pm

wco81 wrote:I think it would be hard to trade those contracts that Iggy and Livingston have.

And it would be hard to get replacement players and integrate them into a new death lineup switch-everything defense.

Livingston, maybe yes because his deal is only for one more year so he might be on an expiring next year?

And IIRC Iggy's last year is only guaranteed for $8 million so that might be attractive for a trade but maybe more a year from now, not the start of next season necessarily.

Like I said, these players may have declined but there are no easy replacements. Young wing players still in their mid 20s are going to look to make money in their careers rather than ring-chase. And again, even if they signed on, it would take training and development to assume those key roles.

I'm still hoping Iggy and Livingston at least approach the effectiveness of their previous playoff runs. Otherwise, it was a mistake signing them.

His contract is fully guaranteed.
tagonistm
Ballboy
And1: 9

Post#27 » by tagonistm » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:50 am

SFrush wrote:
GswStorm3 wrote:We need another 3&D player off the bench. Mbah a Moute would be the best fit.

Agreed

No way the Warriors will be able to afford Mbah a Moute and there's no way Morey would let him go (unless they got LeBron). I would LOVE Will Barton but I think he'll also be out of their price range. I also think Garrett Temple would be a great fit in that Livingston/Iguodala mold but he still has another year left on his contract. The bad news is that the Warriors won't have enough money to sign high impact veteran bench guys unless they are at the very end of their careers and are willing to play for a discount for a shot at a ring ( a la David West).

If Chris Bosh could ever be cleared medically by more than one doctor, he would a be perfect fit.

Really though, this is why the Warriors drafting and player development these last few years is going to be so key to keeping this run going. This year has not been encouraging on that front--in that the one player that showed significant progress they chose to decline the option on (obviously this was before Looney really started playing well). I would assume they will resign McCaw, as his poor season will work to the team's advantage contract wise, and Jones is already locked up. Hopefully they will find someone useful late in the draft because free agency is going to be slim pickings
GswStorm3
Assistant Coach
And1: 308

Post#28 » by GswStorm3 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:44 am

tagonistm wrote:
SFrush wrote:

Agreed

No way the Warriors will be able to afford Mbah a Moute and there's no way Morey would let him go (unless they got LeBron). I would LOVE Will Barton but I think he'll also be out of their price range. I also think Garrett Temple would be a great fit in that Livingston/Iguodala mold but he still has another year left on his contract. The bad news is that the Warriors won't have enough money to sign high impact veteran bench guys unless they are at the very end of their careers and are willing to play for a discount for a shot at a ring ( a la David West).

If Chris Bosh could ever be cleared medically by more than one doctor, he would a be perfect fit.

Really though, this is why the Warriors drafting and player development these last few years is going to be so key to keeping this run going. This year has not been encouraging on that front--in that the one player that showed significant progress they chose to decline the option on (obviously this was before Looney really started playing well). I would assume they will resign McCaw, as his poor season will work to the team's advantage contract wise, and Jones is already locked up. Hopefully they will find someone useful late in the draft because free agency is going to be slim pickings

Houston doesn't have his bird rights and Morey has to worry about re-signing Paul, Capela and possibly Ariza before they even get to Mbah a Moute.
Splashin
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,537

Post#29 » by Splashin » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:34 pm

Coxy wrote:Kyle O'Quinn should be looked at very hard by Myers this offseason if he is available.

Agreed, I love that guy.

Warriors need almost an entirely new bench, they're shot.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#30 » by Mylie10 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:26 pm

As bad as Iguodala may have looked to our eyes this year, he still had a good defensive rating, so he moves the needle.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,237

Post#31 » by wco81 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:33 am

Iggy may prove his contract is worth it in the postseason.

Especially if the Warriors end up facing Lebron again.

Probably a long shot but KCP will be a free agent and the Lakers probably aren't re-signing him.

Detroit let him go and he couldn't get a multiyear deal. He had a pretty good season shooting-wise, 42.6/38.3/78.9. I don't know if his defense was as good as in previous seasons. He may have been trying to push his scoring to try to get a multiyear deal. If he doesn't, maybe Warriors could try to get him to come on a Nick Young type of deal.

Mike Scott is a decent shooter for a big man, though I don't think he's a big rebounder or defender. He'd be more along the Speights instant-offense vein. He's earning what appears to be a minimum salary this year so he could be an option, assuming a big portion of the bench turns over.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,404

Post#32 » by ILOVEIT » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:44 pm

I just don't see role players we can bring on that will be better than David West and S Dot.

What makes Livingston so valuable is that switching defense he can play at his size...and the immediate offensive advantage over smaller guards.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,404

Post#33 » by ILOVEIT » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:45 pm

Iggy can sit out all regular season as far as I'm concerned lol....just come back fresh for the playoffs.

He is virtually a 5th all-star on the Warriors....and probably the smartest BBIQ on the team.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.

Return to Golden State Warriors