ImageImageImageImageImage

Warriors and the 2018 NBA draft

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Jester_
General Manager
And1: 1,040

Re: Warriors and the 2018 NBA draft 

Post#41 » by Jester_ » Tue May 29, 2018 3:37 pm

Mylie10 wrote:Shake shake shake your rump!

"Vincenzo, did you take care of that thing I asked you to do?"

Is Vincenzo your favourite potential get for us this year? I remember your scouting was aways bang on.
GQ Hot Dog wrote:Kerr has done more with the least talent available of any coach in the history of the game.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#42 » by Mylie10 » Tue May 29, 2018 3:45 pm

Jester_ wrote:

Is Vincenzo your favourite potential get for us this year? I remember your scouting was aways bang on.

So early in the College season I was talking about my man crush for Donte. At that point he wasnt on any draft boards. So i was thinking he'd be a perfect undrafted free agent add. Then, of course he has the amazing final game and now he's in the first round. Then the dude goes and jumps a 42" vertical. So he may not be in our range, but my man crush is still strong with this one.

By the way...I bet most don't even know that Vincenzo wasn't a starter.

But my main target all season has been Shake Milton from SMU. He's got everything we need for our team. The guy has handles, plays good defense, has good size, and a career 43% three point shooter in college. That's 3 years of shooting 43%. I can't believe this dude isn't listed higher. But I want him, and if he's on the board when we pick, and we don't take him, I will be breaking stuff.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,816

Post#43 » by cdubbz » Thu May 31, 2018 2:54 am

Jerome Robinson. ESPN mock.draft has us getting
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#44 » by and1GS » Thu May 31, 2018 3:21 am

Mylie10 wrote:
Jester_ wrote:

So early in the College season I was talking about my man crush for Donte. At that point he wasnt on any draft boards. So i was thinking he'd be a perfect undrafted free agent add. Then, of course he has the amazing final game and now he's in the first round. Then the dude goes and jumps a 42" vertical. So he may not be in our range, but my man crush is still strong with this one.

By the way...I bet most don't even know that Vincenzo wasn't a starter.

But my main target all season has been Shake Milton from SMU. He's got everything we need for our team. The guy has handles, plays good defense, has good size, and a career 43% three point shooter in college. That's 3 years of shooting 43%. I can't believe this dude isn't listed higher. But I want him, and if he's on the board when we pick, and we don't take him, I will be breaking stuff.

Major props from us serial post skimmers for putting the prospect in red and not burying the lede :lol:
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#45 » by FNQ » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:13 pm

Move up for Khyri Thomas (if McCaw leaves) or Omari Spellman (if Looney leaves).

Neither should be there at 20, but if one is, grab em. Otherwise Landry Shamet or Keita Bates-Diop.
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,743

Post#46 » by azwfan » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:03 pm

What is your feeling on Wagner? He could give us some shooting at our C spot - which we will lack if West retires. If he can defend at all, he might be a nice compliment to Bell / Jones / Boucher.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
WarFan
RealGM
And1: 1,484

Post#47 » by WarFan » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:27 am

I've got Shake Milton at the top of my dubs list right now as well. Kevin Huerter, Jacob Evans, Josh Okogie and Troy Brown rounds out my top 5.

If they buy a 2nd again this year I'm interested in older guys with low ceilings but that could step into the rotation right away. Gary Clark and Kenrich Williams are two wings that intrigue me quite a bit. Clark for defense/rebounding and Williams for offensive versatility. Both are really high effort and bbiq.
Senchu
Sixth Man
And1: 399

Post#48 » by Senchu » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:34 am

As a latvian I will keep pushing Rodions Kurucs. 6ft10 sf/pf scorer/okay shooter and great bpm/steals. He is slated to go around 38th, which Myers could buy. Low risk, high reward type whose value has been diminished due to Barcelona **** with him.

Here is a great read and videos of him.
https://behindthebuckpass.com/2018/06/10/nba-draft-2018-prospect-watch-rodions-kurucs/

whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,835

Post#49 » by whatisacenter » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:55 am

Donte DiVincenzo, Shake and Jerome Robinson all look like they have potential if they are available when we pick. If they are off the board we should take a look at Melvin Frazier.

Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
Nadeem
Sophomore
And1: 34

Post#50 » by Nadeem » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:27 pm

I notice Hamidou Diallo will be around 25-28

Was well thought of but hasnt had the best of season, could he be an option for those who have saw more of him than i have which has been restricted to youtube
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#51 » by Mylie10 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:40 pm

The key for our wing is several key points, because there are 4 or 5 guys (maybe even a few more) that will work for us at 28.
Wing.....but what type of wing?

1.) Wing with size...I seriously doubt we take a small wing, think Livingston and Iguodala for size, or something close to that. Also use wingspan into the equation.

2.) Defense...Iguodala and Livingston are obviously aging, and a defense wing is paramount. Must be able to switch, so being able to play multiple positions is key.

3.) Shoots the 3....Spreads the floor.....Many of the guys on the board shoot it, but only a few are shooting it at a high clip.

4.) Understands movement, both ball and player. This narrows the list down a bit. So focus on guys who do the above, but also understand the offensive movement aspects of what we do.

5.) Trouble Free.....We don't usually bring in question marks when it comes to drafting players, so if a guy has a negative history from a personality standpoint, scratch him off your list.

Those are the main points to think about when who we might draft this season. If its not a wing, I doubt they will be our pick. Now if we buy a 2nd rounder, we may go for a big. My pick here is Omari Spellman, if he's on the board. Big, shoots the three, blocks shots, solid defender, etc..
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#52 » by FNQ » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:49 pm

Mylie10 wrote:Those are the main points to think about when who we might draft this season. If its not a wing, I doubt they will be our pick. Now if we buy a 2nd rounder, we may go for a big. My pick here is Omari Spellman, if he's on the board. Big, shoots the three, blocks shots, solid defender, etc..

I love Spellman and have no idea why he's supposed to be a mid-late 1st.. but then again I thought Jordan Bell was a surefire 1st rounder and the only reason I didnt see him in 1st rd mocks last year was because he was going to return to college.. so I dunno anymore.

I think my more realistic pick right now is Keita Bates-Diop.. he's one of those types that bloomed late into his scoring (showing the ability to improve over time) but spent 3 years being a cog in the machine, a tough rebounder, a good screen-setter.. he plays bigger than he is. I could see him being an Amir Johnson/Al-Farouq Aminu type of player, and late in the 1st, that's a solid double.
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#53 » by Mylie10 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:55 pm

FNQ wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:Those are the main points to think about when who we might draft this season. If its not a wing, I doubt they will be our pick. Now if we buy a 2nd rounder, we may go for a big. My pick here is Omari Spellman, if he's on the board. Big, shoots the three, blocks shots, solid defender, etc..

I love Spellman and have no idea why he's supposed to be a mid-late 1st.. but then again I thought Jordan Bell was a surefire 1st rounder and the only reason I didnt see him in 1st rd mocks last year was because he was going to return to college.. so I dunno anymore.

I think my more realistic pick right now is Keita Bates-Diop.. he's one of those types that bloomed late into his scoring (showing the ability to improve over time) but spent 3 years being a cog in the machine, a tough rebounder, a good screen-setter.. he plays bigger than he is. I could see him being an Amir Johnson/Al-Farouq Aminu type of player, and late in the 1st, that's a solid double.

I like Diop alot, also like Shamet too. Frazer is probably the best defender.

My crush is Vincenzo, but my slam dunk pick is SHAKE Milton. Milton played PG/SG, 43% from 3 all 3 years in college. Creator who uns=derstands movement. Had the longest wingspan for PG/SG at 7 feet. Not the most athletic, but smooth and spreads the floor. Passing lane defender.

I saw Spellman in the 2nd round for mocks. Maybe I need to look again. Where'd you see first round Reggae?
Khoee wrote “
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#54 » by FNQ » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:02 pm

Mylie10 wrote:
FNQ wrote:

I like Diop alot, also like Shamet too. Robinson is probably the best defender.

My crush is Vincenzo, but my slam dunk pick is SHAKE Milton. Milton played PG/SG, 43% from 3 all 3 years in college. Creator who uns=derstands movement. Had the longest wingspan for PG/SG at 7 feet. Not the most athletic, but smooth and spreads the floor. Passing lane defender.

I saw Spellman in the 2nd round for mocks. Maybe I need to look again. Where'd you see first round Reggae?

http://www.nbadraft.net/2018mock_draft

#19 here. And while I usually dislike draft.net's analysis, they've proven to me to be more accurate than Givony (but less accurate than Ford) when it comes to where players are drafted. That said, I'd be insanely glad to be proven wrong here. I think he's a rich man's Mo Speights, and I actually miss a guy like Mo.

I'd also love our currently mocked pick of Gary Trent Jr. Very Klay-like. A year or so with Ron Adams could do wonders for the kid. My 2nd favorite Dukie behind Wendell Carter - and no, I'm not forgetting Bagley, I dont think Bagley is going to justify being drafted top 5.

I think DiVincenzo is OK but I dont know how well he'd be received with his tweeting history, distant past or not. And he reminds me a lot of Dunleavy, so that puts a dark cloud over him for me
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,184

Post#55 » by clyde21 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:17 pm

WarFan wrote:I've got Shake Milton at the top of my dubs list right now as well. Kevin Huerter, Jacob Evans, Josh Okogie and Troy Brown rounds out my top 5.

If they buy a 2nd again this year I'm interested in older guys with low ceilings but that could step into the rotation right away. Gary Clark and Kenrich Williams are two wings that intrigue me quite a bit. Clark for defense/rebounding and Williams for offensive versatility. Both are really high effort and bbiq.

Kevin Huerter, Josh Okogie and Troy Brown likely go a lot higher than where we're picking.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,184

Post#56 » by clyde21 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:19 pm

Updated wish list:

1. Isaac Bonga
2. Dzanan Musa
3. Troy Brown
4. Donte DiVincenzo
5. Jarred Vanderbilt

Musa, Brown and DiVincenzo all likely to be drafted already before 28.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,336

Post#57 » by KevinMcreynolds » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:27 pm

Donte or bust
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#58 » by and1GS » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:39 pm

KevinMcreynolds wrote:Donte or bust

He's projected to go in the teens so probably bust then.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM

Post#59 » by KevinMcreynolds » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:53 pm

ugh, so he's basically gone from early 2nd to the teens because he has a cool sounding name

KevinMcreynolds
RealGM

Post#60 » by KevinMcreynolds » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:17 am

nevermind Donte, I want this guy

all aboard the Okogie train yawl!

Return to Golden State Warriors