S&T Durant regardless of what happens this PS

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Re: S&T Durant regardless of what happens this PS 

Post#41 » by Mylie10 » Sun May 27, 2018 4:42 am

clyde21 wrote:
HiRez wrote:KD to Sixers for Saric, Covington, and their #26 and #38 picks (they still have #10 and #39)...

I'd do it.

Or just Covington and the #10 pick.

Overreact much?
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
shazam_guy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,136

Post#42 » by shazam_guy » Sun May 27, 2018 6:46 am

Ho-leee sh*t. Some of you have lost your minds.

How many of you are convinced that the Warriors would be better if you were the coach and/or the GM?
East Bay Sports
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,559

Post#43 » by East Bay Sports » Sun May 27, 2018 4:32 pm

shazam_guy wrote:Ho-leee sh*t. Some of you have lost your minds.

How many of you are convinced that the Warriors would be better if you were the coach and/or the GM?

I genuinely feel this way about the Raiders most of the time.. but yea.. Warriors fans got too comfortable with bashing the FO over the years. I don't want to say Lacob and co are beyond reproach at this point... but considering where we were when he bought them team and what he has put in place since then??? Man, whiny fans please just shut up.
DaHef
Pro Prospect
And1: 170

Post#44 » by DaHef » Sun May 27, 2018 4:45 pm

AD is the only one I'd consider, but I'd still say no.
Peregrine01
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,658

Post#45 » by Peregrine01 » Sun May 27, 2018 5:34 pm

East Bay Sports wrote:

I genuinely feel this way about the Raiders most of the time.. but yea.. Warriors fans got too comfortable with bashing the FO over the years. I don't want to say Lacob and co are beyond reproach at this point... but considering where we were when he bought them team and what he has put in place since then??? Man, whiny fans please just shut up.

It was Lacob who wanted to get rid of Steph and build around Monta freakin Ellis. It was also Lacob who didn't want to pay Steph what he deserved this past off season after years of playing under the cheapest contract in the league before Myers persuaded him out of it. It was also Lacob who was featured in that ridiculous "light-years" article during the record 73-win season led by the first unanimous MVP that he wanted to get rid of just years earlier.

The guy has made no indication that he's intelligent in the slightest. It was in spite of him that the Warriors kept Steph and became historically great.
East Bay Sports
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,559

Post#46 » by East Bay Sports » Sun May 27, 2018 6:05 pm

Peregrine01 wrote:
East Bay Sports wrote:

It was Lacob who wanted to get rid of Steph and build around Monta freakin Ellis. It was also Lacob who didn't want to pay Steph what he deserved this past off season after years of playing under the cheapest contract in the league before Myers persuaded him out of it. It was also Lacob who was featured in that ridiculous "light-years" article during the record 73-win season led by the first unanimous MVP that he wanted to get rid of just years earlier.

The guy has made no indication that he's intelligent in the slightest. It was in spite of him that the Warriors kept Steph and became historically great.

It was Lacob who hired everyone into place that built what we've built. The rest of the pointless stuff you are talking about is exactly that; pointless. Not even a footnote in his biography.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,237

Post#47 » by wco81 » Sun May 27, 2018 7:17 pm

Without KD, would the Warriors even be at this point?

With Curry injured all of the first round and part of the second round, not to mention the last 3 weeks of the season, where would the Warriors be without KD?

The OP has wanted to get rid of Klay, Zaza and now KD. If the Warriors were dumb enough to get rid of KD, he'll eventually turn on Steph and Draymond as well.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,688

Post#48 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Sun May 27, 2018 9:05 pm

There are times when I know KD will not be passing.

There are times when I don't know what KD is going to do and the defense does not know what KD will do. The unpredictable KD is the better version of KD.

I think I want to keep KD. He can look at film and see the same things we see.

Maybe next year don't play the starters in coast mode. Give them games off but try to keep their habits good even if it means losing games.

I liked the Idea of Iso KD with a poor scoring bench unit but now I am thinking Iso KD will not be able to flip the switch to non-Iso KD when he gets back with the starters. KD wants be a hero. NBA players all want be heroes but the role players adjust to be role players. Who wouldn't want to be a hero.
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#49 » by Ballerhogger » Sun May 27, 2018 9:07 pm

He’s opting out unless they give him the max
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,233

Post#50 » by Impuniti » Mon May 28, 2018 3:54 am

Covington and #10 pick for KD..

lol
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Re: RE: Re: S&T Durant regardless of what happens this PS 

Post#51 » by and1GS » Mon May 28, 2018 6:30 am

SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:There are times when I know KD will not be passing.

There are times when I don't know what KD is going to do and the defense does not know what KD will do. The unpredictable KD is the better version of KD.

I think I want to keep KD. He can look at film and see the same things we see.

Maybe next year don't play the starters in coast mode. Give them games off but try to keep their habits good even if it means losing games.

I liked the Idea of Iso KD with a poor scoring bench unit but now I am thinking Iso KD will not be able to flip the switch to non-Iso KD when he gets back with the starters. KD wants be a hero. NBA players all want be heroes but the role players adjust to be role players. Who wouldn't want to be a hero.
Smart point. It's a major mentality shift to go from KD as alpha + bench guys to playing back with the starters. What I would like to see with our starters is plays run for Klay/Steph, Durant looking to distribute from the post early then we either hit the guys for a bail out 3 or give it to KD with 7 left to iso. Then you break up the rhythm a bit with planned KD isos along the way.

It's tough to go from 10 straight KD isos with that bench lineup to ball movement. At the end of the day...KD can still score on a lot of those isos. It's not like he's Corey Maggette. But that mentality shift to 'we can be good with iso...or great with movement' has been really tough for him this series.

Despite the numbers I think KD played a brilliant, smart game in game 6. He drove to the cup and drew fouls when we needed it, then kept the ball moving when we didn't need an iso. Great help D too.

He's getting it but we really have gotten spoiled seeing him night in and night out. Basketball is an art form not a math equation and we've seen that big time.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
Quazza
Head Coach
And1: 1,727

Post#52 » by Quazza » Tue May 29, 2018 4:14 am

"KD for Covington and Pick 10"

Lest we forget....
KevinMcreynolds wrote:BIG DICK BOB DOIN WORK

KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,894

Post#53 » by whatisacenter » Tue May 29, 2018 6:07 am

didn't take long for Warriors' fans to get spoiled. Kerr is one of the best things to ever happen to this organization. KD is top tier talent and we would be dumb to let him leave.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
wco81
RealGM

Post#54 » by wco81 » Tue May 29, 2018 6:48 am

whatisacenter wrote:didn't take long for Warriors' fans to get spoiled. Kerr is one of the best things to ever happen to this organization. KD is top tier talent and we would be dumb to let him leave.

Even if KD left, that wouldn't necessarily open up cap space, would it?

As for Kerr, he's got one year left on his deal so it's surprising they haven't extended him yet.

Sure he had medical problems last year but seems to be okay this year and has said he plans to keep coaching, not retire because of his back issues.
Badly Browned
Analyst
And1: 326

Post#55 » by Badly Browned » Tue May 29, 2018 6:52 am

wco81 wrote:
whatisacenter wrote:didn't take long for Warriors' fans to get spoiled. Kerr is one of the best things to ever happen to this organization. KD is top tier talent and we would be dumb to let him leave.

Even if KD left, that wouldn't necessarily open up cap space, would it?

Cap is $101m for next year, and if KD's contract magically disappeared the Warriors still have $102m in salary obligations before you add in their 2019 draft pick(s).

So yeah, all it would do is bring the Warriors out of the lux tax.
I'm not going to say that Curry is God. But he is definitely a god. -NeoWarriors
wco81
RealGM

Post#56 » by wco81 » Tue May 29, 2018 6:58 am

Too bad.

Hoping the 7 game series in the conference finals would at least raise revenues. I remember last year, because the series were short, they said league revenues weren't as high as they were hoping.

NBA may get greedy and try to extend the Finals, to boost revenues. Each playoffs game at Oracles brought like $22 million to the team. I don't recall if that was before or after the league took their cut.
Ferulci
Starter
And1: 2,263

Post#57 » by Ferulci » Tue May 29, 2018 3:04 pm

Absolute madness.
Some of posters here should get restraining order forbidding them from getting even 10 miles close to a front office.
buckboy wrote:
jg77 wrote:Lavine is my dark horse MVP candidate.

That is the darkest horse that has ever galloped.
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#58 » by and1GS » Tue May 29, 2018 6:25 pm

Quazza wrote:"KD for Covington and Pick 10"

Lest we forget....

Can we sign and trade OP?
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,404

Post#59 » by ILOVEIT » Fri Jun 1, 2018 10:00 pm

wco81 wrote:Without KD, would the Warriors even be at this point?

With Curry injured all of the first round and part of the second round, not to mention the last 3 weeks of the season, where would the Warriors be without KD?

The OP has wanted to get rid of Klay, Zaza and now KD. If the Warriors were dumb enough to get rid of KD, he'll eventually turn on Steph and Draymond as well.

Without KD? I never understand this logic? Without KD we would have someone else :) If the Warriors decided to package KD for AD for example...So where would we have been without KD, AD would have been carrying the team just like he did New Orleans... ;)

Far fetched I know...but the point is that the Warriors won't' be WITHOUT KD...he would be replaced by value....and maybe that's a piece that doesn't have a ball stopping style....

One thing I know for sure...at least from my viewpoint...Warriors are not nearly as fun to watch as they were BEFORE KD. I miss the brilliant ball movement. Yes we still get 30 plus assists...but it's not the same rhythm.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
Bayside
Rookie
And1: 610

Post#60 » by Bayside » Fri Jun 1, 2018 10:48 pm

floppymoose wrote:So the evidence is in. New Zealanders do not understand basketball.

Why is that Mr Moose? I read the general board, and think its clear, almost no one does bwhahahahaha! Why the hate on NZ?

Return to Golden State Warriors