ImageImageImageImageImage

David West post Finals comment about "lot going on behind scenes that people will be shocked about when it comes out"

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,337

Re: RE: Re: David West post Finals comment about "lot going on behind scenes that people will be shocked about when it c 

Post#41 » by KevinMcreynolds » Sat Jun 9, 2018 8:43 pm

MintFresh wrote:
KevinMcreynolds wrote:Love triangle between Ros, Klay and Swaggy is my guess

I miss Ros on NBCS Bay Area
Kerith Burke does a way better job, people just like Ros better because she's hotter.
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
BW32
Lead Assistant
And1: 761

Re: RE: Re: David West post Finals comment about "lot going on behind scenes that people will be shocked about when it c 

Post#42 » by BW32 » Sat Jun 9, 2018 8:54 pm

KevinMcreynolds wrote:
MintFresh wrote:

Kerith Burke does a way better job, people just like Ros better because she's hotter.

That's like saying a cheerleader is better because she's a better dancer, yall know damn well that's not the job.
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,234

Re: David West post Finals comment about "lot going on behind scenes that people will be shocked about when it comes out 

Post#43 » by Impuniti » Sat Jun 9, 2018 9:40 pm

Money_ wrote:"people will be shocked"

Definitely doesn't sound like some routine locker room friction.
My first guess is that there was a physical fight, or Draymond kept picking fights with someone or everyone.
Next, I would guess that someone is going through some personal struggles. drugs or family stuff
Or someone is having an affair with someone else's girl.. something like that.
Would not doubt it if Andre is having an affair with his yoga instructor. He seems to really dig her.

Ok, I'm done with the National Enquirer stuff. Really wish West didn't lay that "egg" right after the win...
And if the team was so tight lipped and close, why are you dropping that bomb now David?

In terms of locker room, this would be the worst possible outcome. Life wise obviously, the other options are worse. West as a very old vet, really screwed up opening this can of worms. No idea why he would say this as it's done nothing good.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,337

Post#44 » by KevinMcreynolds » Sat Jun 9, 2018 11:21 pm

BW32 wrote:
KevinMcreynolds wrote:
MintFresh wrote:

That's like saying a cheerleader is better because she's a better dancer, yall know damn well that's not the job.

Kerith Burke is cute and her questions aren't cringe-worthy like Ros's.
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Re: David West post Finals comment about "lot going on behind scenes that people will be shocked about when it comes out 

Post#45 » by and1GS » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:26 am

Honestly I'd say it was a 'disease of more' situation with a lot of finger pointing. I think there are too many glue guys--Vale+Young--and respected, leading vets--West, Iggy, Shaun--for it to be something like 'Does Steph really hate KD!? Klay wants more shots!? Is KD jealous of Steph!?'

Here are my best bets in order:
1) Given how boisterous of personalities Dray and KD can be I'd bet there was a lot of 'Yo this is why we **** brought you in, do more' and 'Make a **** shot for once you're scoring 4 points in a loss' from game 60ish onward. Draymond constantly says 'me and KD understand each other, so we can go at it and it's all love.' Doesn't mean it's 'all love' for the teammates that need to see it for 2 months while losing the #1 seed and almost getting eliminated by HOU.

2) This is more of an add-on to #1, but Steph is apparently expecting his third kid and his recent girl is entering the terrible 2s. Can't be easy to do that and calm down two **** volcanoes.

3) Disease of more in general. It's hard to do this year after year with a cast of guys that's on the older side.

4) Dray/Steph/KD complaining to Kerr about who should play. We know they love Vale. Most of us are realistic about what crunch time Vale usually looks like. And most of us agree that long term Bell is the guy and not Looney. Stupid insignificant rotations at the back-end of the season is what you start to quibble about when you're in year 4 of a finals run.

5) Someone cheated or hooked up with someone's girl. Maybe Steph cheated. Really doubt it's this one, kinda an unspoken rule to not snitch on your teammates (cough D'Angelo coughhhhh). There's a reason we never heard about that Tristan video till it leaked way after the fact.

None of this is untenable. This is what happens when big talents fit together and agree to put up lower numbers than they would if they struck out on their own. I think we'll be fine, but the worst mistake we could make is replacing guys like West and Nick Young with random skill-fit but not culture-fit signings.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
Warriors07
Rookie
And1: 750

Post#46 » by Warriors07 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:55 am

i bet all my savings on Looney and Kerr having an affair. The team will keep silence but fire Kerr and waive Looney in the summer
Passthebaltome
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#47 » by Passthebaltome » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:17 am

It says two Warriors had personal challenges. Not sure why West would hint at things about personal, ie private, lives. More likely internal issues refer to players not get along, instead of (at least) players having problems in their personal lives.

West also mentioned different guys stepping out throughout the year. Presumably then, this was not just about a short series (with Houston, for example).

There is a poll here about which of the 4 non-center starters would leave first. Thompson is voted most likely at 43% (at the time I checked). I remember also that he said when Durant first came that he was not going to change his game. I don't recall others saying anything similar.

After the Warriors won last year, they brought in two 3 point shooters, Young and Cassipi. This year, maybe Ariza, another 3 point shooter.

If there was anything about players not getting along involving Durant, Kevin must have prevailed, since it is being reported that he will return.

Did it involve Durant and Thompson?

From a site called "thekicker:" (I don't anything about that site, so if people know more about the quoted passage below, they can comment on it. I don't know the date of article. Since I didn't know the site, I didn't click it.)
The Golden State Warriors game was delayed an hour last night while Klay Thompson, who was putting on yet another explosive scoring exhibition, paced up and down the court shouting, "Do you love me now, Steph?" There reportedly has been tension in the Warriors' locker room since the addition ...
Search domain thekicker.com https://thekicker.com/warriors-game-delayed-while-klay-shouts-d...More results

Was it between Green and Thompson? A year or more back, I read something about Green yelling at Thompson (once or perhaps more than that) in practice. Both have contracts expiring. And it's not certain if the team will have money to pay both. The advantage goes to the first to sign, using up most of the money in that case. Someone floated the rumor that Thompson was in talk for contract extension. Were people making moves behind the scene to leak rumors to their advantage?
The Hack
Rookie
And1: 269

Post#48 » by The Hack » Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:20 pm

Going for back to back and 3 in 4 years, plus a shortened season, injuries and 24/7 assault of negative media (you ruined the league,too cocky, etc,) has got to weigh on them mentally. I'm sure guys were crabby as f#@k throughout the season and there's no way that didn't come out in some sort of confrontation....probably a few times throughout the year
I've worked at the same place for over 10 years and there are people I really like that I sometimes want to punch in the throat.....it happens
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach
And1: 789

Post#49 » by ChuckDurn » Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:50 pm

My guess is that it's a combination of the following:
1. Lack of motivation for the regular season ticking off some of the players from time-to-time, leading to some verbal confrontations. Also cause Kerr to go ballistic after the Indiana game, leading to an apology the next day. (Documented by Anthony Slater in an article in The Athletic.)
2. Genuine concern for McCaw's health and well-being after his scary fall. I suspect that that was much more serious / shaking to a lot of the players than was every reported.
3. I don't think Casspi was liked or respected in the locker room at all. (No idea of the origin or reason for this.) I saw it stated that there "were no tears" when he was released.
4. Maybe 1 or 2 of the Warriors having personal / relationship issues that we'll eventually hear about.

I saw speculation from somebody in this thread about death threats - in this day and age, it wouldn't surprise me, and I could see any of Steph, Durant, and Draymond being targets for those. (Though knowing Draymond, I doubt he'd keep quiet about them.)

West doesn't seem to be the dramatic type, so I bet there was something there, and with the hyper-intrusive nature of reporting these days, I suspect things will trickle out over coming months.
If I don't have anything funny to say, can I still have a signature?
Phase 3
Veteran
And1: 758

Post#50 » by Phase 3 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:19 pm

ChuckDurn wrote:My guess is that it's a combination of the following:
1. Lack of motivation for the regular season ticking off some of the players from time-to-time, leading to some verbal confrontations. Also cause Kerr to go ballistic after the Indiana game, leading to an apology the next day. (Documented by Anthony Slater in an article in The Athletic.)
2. Genuine concern for McCaw's health and well-being after his scary fall. I suspect that that was much more serious / shaking to a lot of the players than was every reported.
3. I don't think Casspi was liked or respected in the locker room at all. (No idea of the origin or reason for this.) I saw it stated that there "were no tears" when he was released.
4. Maybe 1 or 2 of the Warriors having personal / relationship issues that we'll eventually hear about.

I saw speculation from somebody in this thread about death threats - in this day and age, it wouldn't surprise me, and I could see any of Steph, Durant, and Draymond being targets for those. (Though knowing Draymond, I doubt he'd keep quiet about them.)

West doesn't seem to be the dramatic type, so I bet there was something there, and with the hyper-intrusive nature of reporting these days, I suspect things will trickle out over coming months.

This is the first I’ve heard about Casspi not being liked. I wonder why? As far as guys dealing with personal issues, I know Draymond has had relationship issues this year. Anyways, just my guess and I have no clue what went on in the locker room....but KD seemed a little distant at times this year. I wouldn’t be surprised if some of the locker room stuff involved him in some way. Bob Myers had a quote after winning the title saying “Last year was the honeymoon. This year it’s a marriage”...read into that what you want.
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,234

Post#51 » by Impuniti » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:43 pm

gsw213 wrote:
ChuckDurn wrote:My guess is that it's a combination of the following:

This is the first I’ve heard about Casspi not being liked. I wonder why? As far as guys dealing with personal issues, I know Draymond has had relationship issues this year. Anyways, just my guess and I have no clue what went on in the locker room....but KD seemed a little distant at times this year. I wouldn’t be surprised if some of the locker room stuff involved him in some way. Bob Myers had a quote after winning the title saying “Last year was the honeymoon. This year it’s a marriage”...read into that what you want.

If he said that.. I'm guessing it has to do with KD in some way. My guess is there were some arguments in the Rockets series in terms of how the ball was being handled, especially when they went down. As long as it's resolved, everything else is just white noise.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#52 » by FNQ » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:03 pm

Draymond; drinking.
oaktownwarriors87
RealGM
And1: 4,354

Post#53 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:26 pm

KD's leaving, y'all. That or Kerr is gone. I'm guessing Stephen is involved. All three of those guys showed some poor body language.

West and Livingston are talkin' because whatever happened will come out. It has to. Why else would they open their mouths now? Those guys don't start ****.

I have no proof, but what else could it be? My money is on Kerr.
cdubbz wrote:Donte DiVincenzo will outplay Poole this season.
Phase 3
Veteran

Post#54 » by Phase 3 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:52 pm

oaktownwarriors87 wrote:KD's leaving, y'all. That or Kerr is gone. I'm guessing Stephen is involved. All three of those guys showed some poor body language.

West and Livingston are talkin' because whatever happened will come out. It has to. Why else would they open their mouths now? Those guys don't start ****.

ESPN has been reporting and Lacob has been saying that they’re about to give Kerr an extension...so I’d put the odds of Kerr leaving at close to 0%. And we all know Steph isn’t going anywhere. As far as KD, things have been a little strange with him and he’s said some weird things recently like “I plan on re-signing but you never know what will happen in the NBA”...but he also told Rachel Nichols a couple days ago, with no qualifiers, that he’s gonna re-sign with the W’s. What’s weird is that West basically said something along the lines of “you guys will trip when you find out about the stuff that was going on”...why is he so sure something will come out? Has a journalist who’s writing a story reached out to the players for comment and that’s how he knows something is about to drop?
Phase 3
Veteran

Post#55 » by Phase 3 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:02 pm

FNQ wrote:Draymond; drinking.

I actually have a story about Draymond and drinking. In the 2016 playoffs, when the Warriors were down 3-1 to the Thunder, Draymond and some of his friends were at the Claremont the night before game 5. I know the bartender and he says that Dray and his friends closed out the bar into the early morning lol. But he took care of business the next night...I guess whatever works :lol:
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,799

Post#56 » by floppymoose » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:12 pm

I have no idea what it was but I do think it affected Kerr. He joked at the celebration that maybe he wouldn’t coach next season until after the break, saying the team wouldn’t listen before then anyway. He’s made that comment more than once.
michaelm
RealGM
And1: 4,795

Post#57 » by michaelm » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:59 pm

oaktownwarriors87 wrote:KD's leaving, y'all. That or Kerr is gone. I'm guessing Stephen is involved. All three of those guys showed some poor body language.

It would actually make sense for KD to leave, and go to say the Celtics or Sixers, if all the hatred and denigration and the possible effect on his eventual legacy worries him which it seems to. He would be better for the Sixers for example than LeBron imo. I wouldn't hate him for going, and I think even the LeBron fans would have trouble complaining given they have mostly given carte blanche to LeBron for any future destination including those 2 and most are now arguing after watching OKC this year that only joining GSW, not leaving OKC, was problematic.

I would guess it depends partly on how deep the personal friendships are, how much they do like playing together, and whether competing egos have become a significant problem in the locker room.
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,172

Post#58 » by watch1958 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:47 am

Not sure if the Spears original tweets capture it well. Heard a tape of part of the discussion; West used the phrase "scary real-life things". Sounds different than locker room beefs. McCaw's injury comes to mind, but that was already public.

Maybe Kerr had some noticeable relapse of his injuries (e.g. collapsing during practice) that hasn't been talked about.
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
jaymo123
Starter
And1: 763

Post#59 » by jaymo123 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:54 am

KevinMcreynolds wrote:
MintFresh wrote:

I must admit, Kerith asks better questions. Watching Ros on tnt was sometimes painful.
michaelm
RealGM
And1: 4,795

Post#60 » by michaelm » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:18 am

watch1958 wrote:Not sure if the Spears original tweets capture it well. Heard a tape of part of the discussion; West used the phrase "scary real-life things". Sounds different than locker room beefs. McCaw's injury comes to mind, but that was already public.

Maybe Kerr had some noticeable relapse of his injuries (e.g. collapsing during practice) that hasn't been talked about.

"Scary real life things" completely changes the perspective, and explains why West would raise the matter at all while simultaneously speaking of the internal cohesion of the team; perhaps there is some legal aspect or current medical/other confidentiality which means he can't be specific about the matter but knows all will eventually be revealed.

Return to Golden State Warriors