ImageImageImageImageImage

The Warriors are NOT, repeat NOT trading the Core 6 players!

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

The Warriors are NOT, repeat NOT trading the Core 6 players! 

Post#1 » by Mylie10 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:48 pm

The Warriors are NOT, repeat NOT trading the Core 6 players this season.

So try hard to enjoy the late first round pick, the potential to buy a second rounder....the Vegas Summer League, and then of course the hunt for veteran minimum studs.

We will use some or all of the mid level exception, so use your talents to predict that move or moves.

Cook
First rounder/2nd rounder
Boucher
Bell
Jones

On the bubble, Looney (I think he's back), McCaw (I think he's gone).

Javale bubble.

Young gone
West gone
Zaza gone

I look at Beasley as a great minimum add if he will take it
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
likashing
Head Coach
And1: 1,959

Re: The Warriors are NOT, repeat NOT trading the Core 6 players! 

Post#2 » by likashing » Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:07 am

What you mean we are not trading Klay or Draymond? What should I think about this summer?
Mark Jackson wrote:Playoff preparation is overrated... I’m going to get my rest. I’m not going to grow old and be stressed out and get gray hair.
BW32
Lead Assistant
And1: 761

Post#3 » by BW32 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:01 am

We don't have 6 core players tho.
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,174

Post#4 » by watch1958 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:11 am

Mylie10 wrote:The Warriors are NOT, repeat NOT trading the Core 6 players this season.

So try hard to enjoy the late first round pick, the potential to buy a second rounder....the Vegas Summer League, and then of course the hunt for veteran minimum studs.

We will use some or all of the mid level exception, so use your talents to predict that move or moves.

Cook
Boucher
Bell
Jones

Javale bubble.

Young gone
West gone
Zaza gone

Now wait a second, there is a chance Steph won't re-sign in 2022. Shouldn't they trade him now instead of risking losing him then for nothing?
More seriously, do you think they don't want McCaw, or that he will want too much money?

I'd expect him to realize his value has crashed this year, and to try and rebuild it by trying to show he can fit like he did in 2017, but playing more consistently. Tough to go FA after a lost year. He doesn't have the normal excuse of "no minutes for me". He would have played tons this year if he'd played well.
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#5 » by Mylie10 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:54 am

BW32 wrote:We don't have 6 core players tho.

According to Steve Kerr and Bob Myers, Livingston is definitely part of the Core. I agree with them.

You guys need to chill. Chemistry is more important to them.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#6 » by Mylie10 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:57 am

watch1958 wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:The Warriors are NOT, repeat NOT trading the Core 6 players this season.

Cook
Boucher
Bell
Jones

Javale bubble.

Young gone
West gone
Zaza gone

Now wait a second, there is a chance Steph won't re-sign in 2022. Shouldn't they trade him now instead of risking losing him then for nothing?
More seriously, do you think they don't want McCaw, or that he will want too much money?

I'd expect him to realize his value has crashed this year, and to try and rebuild it by trying to show he can fit like he did in 2017, but playing more consistently. Tough to go FA after a lost year. He doesn't have the normal excuse of "no minutes for me". He would have played tons this year if he'd played well.

Just a gut feeling on Pat. He shrunk.....he showed that the signing of Nick Young was to much for him. They like him, and they genuinely feel sorry for what happened to him with the injury. But not sure there will be a spot for him if the new young picks can play right away.
Khoee wrote “
Money_
Rookie
And1: 224

Post#7 » by Money_ » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:09 am

Steph, KD, Klay, Draymond, Igoudala, and Livingston... that is the core 6? correct?

I like McCaw. If they see a spot for him, great. He's a hometown guy (for me) too, so I'd like to seem him do well here, but he's not an integral player at this point. if he earns his spot, great to have him back....
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,589

Post#8 » by HiRez » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:31 am

It seems crazy to not bring back Javale, if he's still willing to come for the minimum or close to it. He's been the energizer in a lot of games and we can really use a lot more of that as the malaise of a long season after multiple championships sets in. He played meaningful minutes and gave real production in big playoff games and he gives us some looks/options that few others can (I'm not sold on Damien Jones...yet).
GswStorm3
Assistant Coach
And1: 308

Post#9 » by GswStorm3 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:01 am

Mylie10 wrote:

According to Steve Kerr and Bob Myers, Livingston is definitely part of the Core. I agree with them.

You should as well. This thread came way out of left field.
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#10 » by Mylie10 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:53 pm

GswStorm3 wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:

I constantly read about trades to break up the team in one way or another. Left field? Lol

And Kerr mentioned the core 6 buddy
Khoee wrote “
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,237

Post#11 » by Impuniti » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:16 pm

I'm indifferent towards Shaun because I thought he's been mediocre to piss poor the entire season and the playoffs until the finals hit. Only way I would accept him to leave however is if a proper replacement is in place. But the other guys stay.
likashing
Head Coach
And1: 1,959

Post#12 » by likashing » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:16 pm

Bell should stay just because for matchups in the playoffs. If I can only keep 6 players, I would keep Bell over Shaun. Bell is that important.
Mark Jackson wrote:Playoff preparation is overrated... I’m going to get my rest. I’m not going to grow old and be stressed out and get gray hair.
GswStorm3
Assistant Coach
And1: 308

Post#13 » by GswStorm3 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:38 pm

Mylie10 wrote:
GswStorm3 wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:

I constantly read about trades to break up the team in one way or another. Left field? Lol

This isn't your first rodeo. You know a bunch of stuff gets thrown out there this time of the year that will never come to fruition.
East Bay Sports
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,559

Post#14 » by East Bay Sports » Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:44 pm

Mylie10 wrote:
GswStorm3 wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:

Fans talk about it but realistically we all know the core isn't being broken up. Livingston is the only one I would even consider, but much like Iguodala I'm content to let him coast during the RS and turn it on in the playoffs since he's shown repeatedly he can flip that switch.

I think we get our 3peat and then really look at the make up of the roster next off-season. At that point we will really have to consider if letting Dala and Livingston ride it out/retire with us is worth possibly hurting our depth, because I'm not sure 36 year old Iguodala will be worth what he's scheduled to make at that point.
donkeylips
Veteran
And1: 1,305

Post#15 » by donkeylips » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:09 am

If McGee, looney and mccaw are willing to sign for cheap, I’d welcome them back.
I can hawk a loogie eight feet in the air and catch it with my tongue.
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,829

Post#16 » by cdubbz » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:14 am

Supercoolbeas is fine with me. KD homie, versatile SF, tough crazy guy, wild card. Let's goooooo!!!
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,829

Post#17 » by cdubbz » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:15 am

McGee I wish could stay but dude needs to get paid one last time. He's at the end of his career and needs to secure a bag.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,337

Post#18 » by KevinMcreynolds » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:54 pm

I suggested trading Klay for Le Frank and Mikal in the trade thread because I figured we wouldn't be able to resign all 4 guys and it would be good to have some youth on our team to build around for once this ride is over, but I was listening to White Mamba the other day and he said we can sign all 4 no problem because of bird rights. I'd be fine either way though.
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
couchie
Pro Prospect
And1: 495

Post#19 » by couchie » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:06 pm

I think Patty will be back. I just don't think you can treat everyone the same. You make a mistake and get pulled for 2 games it effects you. He is a restricted free agent so I think he will be back before Looney who is unrestricted. Loooney will probably have turn down a million or 2 to be back. Don't think McCaw will be offered as much due to his injury and regression. Butt hey seem to have faith and I really do as well.

Return to Golden State Warriors