ImageImageImageImageImage

Sure sounds like KD is leaving

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

User avatar
Mylie10
RealGM
Posts: 36,947
And1: 7,932
Joined: Sep 16, 2005
Location: * Chokers! *
Contact:
     

Re: Sure sounds like KD is leaving 

Post#61 » by Mylie10 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:03 pm

gsw213 wrote:
MintFresh wrote:I saw this on the Warriors subreddit.
Image

Sounds like he's gone to me. With his agent being a huge Knicks fan, I think he goes to New York to rehab his image.

I'm just appreciating this season though.

Pretty weird seeing his brother say something like that publicly. Seems like the worst kept secret that this is probably his final year here.


You realize to fill up the hand it would take 3 more rings right? Math not your strong suit?
MintFresh
Sophomore
Posts: 165
And1: 116
Joined: Jun 03, 2017
 

Re: Sure sounds like KD is leaving 

Post#62 » by MintFresh » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:21 pm

GswStorm3 wrote:
MintFresh wrote:I saw this on the Warriors subreddit.
Image

Sounds like he's gone to me. With his agent being a huge Knicks fan, I think he goes to New York to rehab his image.

I'm just appreciating this season though.


Who cares that his agent is a knicks fan. lol

KD is really close with his agent if you checked his youtube series
GswStorm3
Analyst
Posts: 3,489
And1: 198
Joined: Sep 19, 2007
Location: NorCal
       

Re: Sure sounds like KD is leaving 

Post#63 » by GswStorm3 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:31 pm

MintFresh wrote:
GswStorm3 wrote:
MintFresh wrote:I saw this on the Warriors subreddit.
Image

Sounds like he's gone to me. With his agent being a huge Knicks fan, I think he goes to New York to rehab his image.

I'm just appreciating this season though.


Who cares that his agent is a knicks fan. lol

KD is really close with his agent if you checked his youtube series


Who his agent roots for still means nothing.
Jester_
General Manager
Posts: 7,885
And1: 616
Joined: Mar 25, 2011

Re: Sure sounds like KD is leaving 

Post#64 » by Jester_ » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:39 pm

I hope he leaves.
Scoots1994
Pro Prospect
Posts: 923
And1: 102
Joined: Jun 24, 2018
       

Re: Sure sounds like KD is leaving 

Post#65 » by Scoots1994 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:46 am

Jester_ wrote:I hope he leaves.


If he leaves it will be because of people like you.
Jester_
General Manager
Posts: 7,885
And1: 616
Joined: Mar 25, 2011

Re: Sure sounds like KD is leaving 

Post#66 » by Jester_ » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:24 pm

Scoots1994 wrote:
Jester_ wrote:I hope he leaves.


If he leaves it will be because of people like you.


If he's that thin skinned that a random dude on RealGM decides his career choices then :crazy:

I like rings that you have to earn. I'd trade all 3 of our rings for the Mavs 2011 playoff run. Where's the excitement of winning when there's no competition?

Take me back to when Steph was going ham and we had to put up a fight in the playoffs. Coasting because of an OP team is boring AF.
yesh
Senior
Posts: 716
And1: 1,123
Joined: Jul 05, 2016
 

Re: Sure sounds like KD is leaving 

Post#67 » by yesh » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:25 pm

I'd see if they could trade him for AD this year. It seems fairly obvious he out at the end of the year, and dragging this on all year to the champs and dynasty of GS seems a little disrespectful when you consider the platform they've given him these last 3 seasons. I respect his right to make whatever choice he feels is in his best interests, but Steph gave up and sacrificed for him to join them, and then he's dangling himself over the franchise like he's bigger than all of them doesn't sit right.
User avatar
Frozzy
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,768
And1: 1,427
Joined: Apr 23, 2014
Location: Skyline Blvd
 

Re: Sure sounds like KD is leaving 

Post#68 » by Frozzy » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:46 pm

Yup, trade KD in the middle of the season. That'll get the approval of current & future Warriors. :roll:
Nadeem
Sophomore
Posts: 211
And1: 34
Joined: Nov 09, 2014
   

Re: Sure sounds like KD is leaving 

Post#69 » by Nadeem » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:46 pm

Jester_ wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:
Jester_ wrote:I hope he leaves.


If he leaves it will be because of people like you.


If he's that thin skinned that a random dude on RealGM decides his career choices then :crazy:

I like rings that you have to earn. I'd trade all 3 of our rings for the Mavs 2011 playoff run. Where's the excitement of winning when there's no competition?

Take me back to when Steph was going ham and we had to put up a fight in the playoffs. Coasting because of an OP team is boring AF.


Sorry but this is just complete nonsense

We won the 2015 championship with 4 draft picks who were starters in Barnes, Klay, Steph and Dray, something that very few teams in NBA history have achieved.

I get that last season became more of a formality and it wasnt as special as the 2015 championship but to say you would trade away all of them for a playoff run is just nuts. We went 40 years without winning a championship, just enjoy it while it lasts because this team will most likely start coming apart over the next couple of years
likashing
Head Coach
Posts: 6,331
And1: 1,899
Joined: Jun 06, 2013

Re: Sure sounds like KD is leaving 

Post#70 » by likashing » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:09 pm

Some ppl are just trolling. I just ignore them.
Mark Jackson wrote:Playoff preparation is overrated... I’m going to get my rest. I’m not going to grow old and be stressed out and get gray hair.
xdrta+
Starter
Posts: 2,077
And1: 1,291
Joined: Jun 18, 2018

Re: Sure sounds like KD is leaving 

Post#71 » by xdrta+ » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:36 pm

yesh wrote:I'd see if they could trade him for AD this year.


KD can't be traded without his consent. He doesn't have a no-trade contract, but when the player is playing under a one-year contract, and will have Larry Bird or Early Bird rights at the end of the season, a trade requires his consent. And if he does consent, he doesn't take his Bird rights with him as he would in a normal trade. So, no, I'd say there's zero chance he is traded this season.
User avatar
Mylie10
RealGM
Posts: 36,947
And1: 7,932
Joined: Sep 16, 2005
Location: * Chokers! *
Contact:
     

Re: Sure sounds like KD is leaving 

Post#72 » by Mylie10 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:10 pm

Jester_ wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:
Jester_ wrote:I hope he leaves.


If he leaves it will be because of people like you.


If he's that thin skinned that a random dude on RealGM decides his career choices then :crazy:

I like rings that you have to earn. I'd trade all 3 of our rings for the Mavs 2011 playoff run. Where's the excitement of winning when there's no competition?

Take me back to when Steph was going ham and we had to put up a fight in the playoffs. Coasting because of an OP team is boring AF.


Did you see the Houston series?

Do you remember we got beat by the Cavs?

Who's the random dude deciding his career choices? His brother?
User avatar
Mylie10
RealGM
Posts: 36,947
And1: 7,932
Joined: Sep 16, 2005
Location: * Chokers! *
Contact:
     

Re: Sure sounds like KD is leaving 

Post#73 » by Mylie10 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:14 pm

xdrta+ wrote:
yesh wrote:I'd see if they could trade him for AD this year.


KD can't be traded without his consent. He doesn't have a no-trade contract, but when the player is playing under a one-year contract, and will have Larry Bird or Early Bird rights at the end of the season, a trade requires his consent. And if he does consent, he doesn't take his Bird rights with him as he would in a normal trade. So, no, I'd say there's zero chance he is traded this season.


Also the bird rights may help the Warriors in a future deal if there is consensus that he wants to move.

Honestly I try to apply common sense to my angles first. Common sense says he stays based on the Dynastic level this team is on. They are creating immortality if they can keep it going. If they win this season there is little chance he walks away from the shot at 4 straight which is something no modern team has achieved = immortality.

New arena....great teammates....owners willing to do whatever it takes......hard to replicate that somewhere else.
Scoots1994
Pro Prospect
Posts: 923
And1: 102
Joined: Jun 24, 2018
       

Re: Sure sounds like KD is leaving 

Post#74 » by Scoots1994 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:33 pm

likashing wrote:Some ppl are just trolling. I just ignore them.


Indeed. The ignore feature is your friend.
wco81
Head Coach
Posts: 7,418
And1: 1,792
Joined: Jul 04, 2013
     

Re: Sure sounds like KD is leaving 

Post#75 » by wco81 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:49 pm

Jester_ wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:
Jester_ wrote:I hope he leaves.


If he leaves it will be because of people like you.


If he's that thin skinned that a random dude on RealGM decides his career choices then :crazy:

I like rings that you have to earn. I'd trade all 3 of our rings for the Mavs 2011 playoff run. Where's the excitement of winning when there's no competition?

Take me back to when Steph was going ham and we had to put up a fight in the playoffs. Coasting because of an OP team is boring AF.


They're not your rings to trade.

They're not your rings period.
watch1958
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,197
And1: 269
Joined: Aug 03, 2001

Re: Sure sounds like KD is leaving 

Post#76 » by watch1958 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:26 pm

Mylie10 wrote:
gsw213 wrote:
MintFresh wrote:I saw this on the Warriors subreddit.
Image

Sounds like he's gone to me. With his agent being a huge Knicks fan, I think he goes to New York to rehab his image.

I'm just appreciating this season though.

Pretty weird seeing his brother say something like that publicly. Seems like the worst kept secret that this is probably his final year here.


You realize to fill up the hand it would take 3 more rings right? Math not your strong suit?
Well, if you ignore the thumb, only two, this year and next year. So I guess we need to figure out if his brother is a "one for the thumb" type of guy.

Or maybe he meant "hands", which would mean 8 or 10. I guess I could live with the shame if KD deserted us after 8 titles.
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
LeonGenesis
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,995
And1: 341
Joined: May 02, 2007

Re: Sure sounds like KD is leaving 

Post#77 » by LeonGenesis » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:32 pm

I love KD, but if he doesn't want to be here, then bye-bye. I'll take Anthony Davis for KD :)
watch1958
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,197
And1: 269
Joined: Aug 03, 2001

Re: Sure sounds like KD is leaving 

Post#78 » by watch1958 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:17 pm

Why would NO trade AD for KD, if they know KD is looking to go his own way? No too attractive to be in NO if AD is gone.
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
User avatar
Coxy
RealGM
Posts: 37,513
And1: 8,591
Joined: Jun 17, 2008
Location: Brought to you by the Splash Fam
   

Re: Sure sounds like KD is leaving 

Post#79 » by Coxy » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:40 pm

I'll embrace whichever direction Durant goes in TBH.

I just want our guys to remain here. Steph, Klay and Draybeast need to be Warriors for life.
“Our guys are f*%#ing giants” - Steve Kerr after Game 5 Victory
HiRez
General Manager
Posts: 8,589
And1: 1,738
Joined: Dec 29, 2011

Re: Sure sounds like KD is leaving 

Post#80 » by HiRez » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:52 pm

watch1958 wrote:Why would NO trade AD for KD, if they know KD is looking to go his own way? No too attractive to be in NO if AD is gone.

Throw in Klay, they say yes. :)

Return to Golden State Warriors