ImageImageImageImageImage

Sure sounds like KD is leaving

Moderators: floppymoose, Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair

xdrta+
Starter
Posts: 2,251
And1: 1,420
Joined: Jun 18, 2018

Re: Sure sounds like KD is leaving 

Post#81 » by xdrta+ » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:47 pm

KD can't be traded without his consent. I doubt he wants to spend the season in NO.
Hopper15
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 19,418
And1: 54
Joined: Mar 20, 2003
Location: Tried like the dickens

Re: Sure sounds like KD is leaving 

Post#82 » by Hopper15 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:53 pm

I contend that he will use his leverage and tie himself to Klay to ensure they both stay. If he commits now, he loses this leverage.
wco81
General Manager
Posts: 7,703
And1: 1,947
Joined: Jul 04, 2013
     

Re: Sure sounds like KD is leaving 

Post#83 » by wco81 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:14 am

NO may crack the top 4 seed in the WC.

No way NO trades AD then. After this season, I believe they can offer him the max.

That's when he'll have to decide if he wants $220 million plus or not.
User avatar
The Maestro
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,325
And1: 6
Joined: Oct 03, 2010

Re: Sure sounds like KD is leaving 

Post#84 » by The Maestro » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:44 am

I think there’s zero chance Anthony Davis comes here in trade or otherwise. His new representation will want him in LA with LeBron.
Scoots1994
Rookie
Posts: 1,008
And1: 113
Joined: Jun 24, 2018
       

Re: Sure sounds like KD is leaving 

Post#85 » by Scoots1994 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:12 am

The AD talk and the KD talk is all totally pointless. We're 1 game in to the season and 100 games from the point where KD will make his decision, and right now he almost certainly doesn't know what it will be.
wco81
General Manager
Posts: 7,703
And1: 1,947
Joined: Jul 04, 2013
     

Re: Sure sounds like KD is leaving 

Post#86 » by wco81 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:32 am

There was nothing to speculate at this point last season.

The fact that he has a decision pending is not a good sign for the Warriors.
Swift21
General Manager
Posts: 7,953
And1: 167
Joined: Jan 05, 2004

Re: Sure sounds like KD is leaving 

Post#87 » by Swift21 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:34 am

wco81 wrote:There was nothing to speculate at this point last season.

The fact that he has a decision pending is not a good sign for the Warriors.


How would you know? That's right you don't.
User avatar
KidPistol
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,686
And1: 1,449
Joined: Jul 21, 2015
         

Re: Sure sounds like KD is leaving 

Post#88 » by KidPistol » Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:00 am

Could you imagine him on the Lakers? That team would be just insane. LeBron has a good 3-4 years of #1 player in the league play left in the tank. Him and LeBron against the KD-less Warriors would be pretty damn fun to watch.
The scariest question in NBA history.

"Can Stephen Curry get better?"
User avatar
KidPistol
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,686
And1: 1,449
Joined: Jul 21, 2015
         

Re: Sure sounds like KD is leaving 

Post#89 » by KidPistol » Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:02 am

Jester_ wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:
Jester_ wrote:I hope he leaves.


If he leaves it will be because of people like you.


If he's that thin skinned that a random dude on RealGM decides his career choices then :crazy:

I like rings that you have to earn. I'd trade all 3 of our rings for the Mavs 2011 playoff run. Where's the excitement of winning when there's no competition?

Take me back to when Steph was going ham and we had to put up a fight in the playoffs. Coasting because of an OP team is boring AF.



Are you serious right now?
The scariest question in NBA history.

"Can Stephen Curry get better?"
User avatar
KidPistol
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,686
And1: 1,449
Joined: Jul 21, 2015
         

Re: Sure sounds like KD is leaving 

Post#90 » by KidPistol » Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:08 am

Maybe he goes back to Oklahoma City...
The scariest question in NBA history.

"Can Stephen Curry get better?"
michaelm
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,027
And1: 1,941
Joined: Apr 06, 2010
 

Re: Sure sounds like KD is leaving 

Post#91 » by michaelm » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:35 am

Jester_ wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:
Jester_ wrote:I hope he leaves.


If he leaves it will be because of people like you.


If he's that thin skinned that a random dude on RealGM decides his career choices then :crazy:

I like rings that you have to earn. I'd trade all 3 of our rings for the Mavs 2011 playoff run. Where's the excitement of winning when there's no competition?

Take me back to when Steph was going ham and we had to put up a fight in the playoffs. Coasting because of an OP team is boring AF.

This sounds very much like several thousand posts on the General Board over the last 2 years and counting. Perhaps your natural habitat is there.

And even though I was among those of that view at least in the regular season prior to the 2016 play-offs, absolutely no way should GSW have gone forward with Barnes and Bogut in preference to Durant, the decision which was made was obviously wise.
likashing
Head Coach
Posts: 6,341
And1: 1,900
Joined: Jun 06, 2013

Re: Sure sounds like KD is leaving 

Post#92 » by likashing » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:17 am

KidPistol wrote:Could you imagine him on the Lakers? That team would be just insane. LeBron has a good 3-4 years of #1 player in the league play left in the tank. Him and LeBron against the KD-less Warriors would be pretty damn fun to watch.


Why would he want to forever have fewer/same rings as LeBron? You need to think in KD’s shoes, not in a Lakers fan’s shoes.

He might leave the Warriors, but definitely not to join LeBron.
Mark Jackson wrote:Playoff preparation is overrated... I’m going to get my rest. I’m not going to grow old and be stressed out and get gray hair.
User avatar
Impuniti
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,553
And1: 4,178
Joined: Jan 18, 2016

Re: Sure sounds like KD is leaving 

Post#93 » by Impuniti » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:10 pm

KidPistol wrote:Could you imagine him on the Lakers? That team would be just insane. LeBron has a good 3-4 years of #1 player in the league play left in the tank. Him and LeBron against the KD-less Warriors would be pretty damn fun to watch.

He's not the best player in the league right now, let alone in 3-4 years.
Frozzy
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,785
And1: 1,437
Joined: Apr 23, 2014
Location: Skyline Blvd
 

Re: Sure sounds like KD is leaving 

Post#94 » by Frozzy » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:36 pm

KidPistol wrote:Maybe he goes back to Oklahoma City...

I don't see it
He & Westbrook only acted buddy buddy during the All Star games but every time they see eachother there's still clearly bad blood. He hasn't said anything good about Westbrook since his departure, pretty much shat on him on an alt account. Also he burned bridges with Billy Donovan. He did say OKC still seems like home to him as he spent a lot of his life there.

I don't see a lot of the OKC fanbase accepting him and I think he knows that.
SFrush
Rookie
Posts: 1,150
And1: 582
Joined: Jan 13, 2016
       

Re: Sure sounds like KD is leaving 

Post#95 » by SFrush » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:42 pm

Frozzy wrote:
KidPistol wrote:Maybe he goes back to Oklahoma City...

I don't see it
He & Westbrook only acted buddy buddy during the All Star games but every time they see eachother there's still clearly bad blood. He hasn't said anything good about Westbrook since his departure, pretty much shat on him on an alt account. Also he burned bridges with Billy Donovan. He did say OKC still seems like home to him as he spent a lot of his life there.

I don't see a lot of the OKC fanbase accepting him and I think he knows that.


More importantly he would need to opt in and have us trade him there. That's the only way OKC could make it work without shedding significant salary to sign him and unless Adams or George is coming to us I doubt Myers would be interested in a trade.
Jester_
General Manager
Posts: 7,898
And1: 620
Joined: Mar 25, 2011

Re: Sure sounds like KD is leaving 

Post#96 » by Jester_ » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:07 pm

Nadeem wrote:
Sorry but this is just complete nonsense

We won the 2015 championship with 4 draft picks who were starters in Barnes, Klay, Steph and Dray, something that very few teams in NBA history have achieved.

I get that last season became more of a formality and it wasnt as special as the 2015 championship but to say you would trade away all of them for a playoff run is just nuts. We went 40 years without winning a championship, just enjoy it while it lasts because this team will most likely start coming apart over the next couple of years


Why is my personal preference for competition nonsense? That first championship would have been a lot more enjoyable if the Cavs were at full strength in the finals.

wco81 wrote:They're not your rings to trade.

They're not your rings period.


Lol what a useless comment.

Mylie10 wrote:
Did you see the Houston series?

Do you remember we got beat by the Cavs?

Who's the random dude deciding his career choices? His brother?


Yes, that's my point - the one year we had a fair fight we lost. Did you see the Houston series? Where Chris Paul got injured?

Look, you guys enjoy winning easy rings. That's fine. I don't. I'd rather have one ring that we really worked hard to earn than 3 because we're overpowered. I don't enjoy playing games with cheat codes. The most fun playoff series in the last 5 years was knocking Denver out of the first round and giving the Spurs a run for it.

Last year it seemed like Houston was finally giving us a run, and what happens? Chris Paul goes down, they become worse in the off-season. Zzzz, boring.
Swift21
General Manager
Posts: 7,953
And1: 167
Joined: Jan 05, 2004

Re: Sure sounds like KD is leaving 

Post#97 » by Swift21 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:39 pm

Jester_ wrote:
Nadeem wrote:
Sorry but this is just complete nonsense

We won the 2015 championship with 4 draft picks who were starters in Barnes, Klay, Steph and Dray, something that very few teams in NBA history have achieved.

I get that last season became more of a formality and it wasnt as special as the 2015 championship but to say you would trade away all of them for a playoff run is just nuts. We went 40 years without winning a championship, just enjoy it while it lasts because this team will most likely start coming apart over the next couple of years


Why is my personal preference for competition nonsense? That first championship would have been a lot more enjoyable if the Cavs were at full strength in the finals.

wco81 wrote:They're not your rings to trade.

They're not your rings period.


Lol what a useless comment.

Mylie10 wrote:
Did you see the Houston series?

Do you remember we got beat by the Cavs?

Who's the random dude deciding his career choices? His brother?


Yes, that's my point - the one year we had a fair fight we lost. Did you see the Houston series? Where Chris Paul got injured?

Look, you guys enjoy winning easy rings. That's fine. I don't. I'd rather have one ring that we really worked hard to earn than 3 because we're overpowered. I don't enjoy playing games with cheat codes. The most fun playoff series in the last 5 years was knocking Denver out of the first round and giving the Spurs a run for it.

Last year it seemed like Houston was finally giving us a run, and what happens? Chris Paul goes down, they become worse in the off-season. Zzzz, boring.


Cry me a river. :violin:
User avatar
KevinMcreynolds
General Manager
Posts: 9,584
And1: 1,534
Joined: Feb 07, 2010
Location: San Francisco
     

Re: Sure sounds like KD is leaving 

Post#98 » by KevinMcreynolds » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:55 pm

Jester_ wrote:
Nadeem wrote:
Sorry but this is just complete nonsense

We won the 2015 championship with 4 draft picks who were starters in Barnes, Klay, Steph and Dray, something that very few teams in NBA history have achieved.

I get that last season became more of a formality and it wasnt as special as the 2015 championship but to say you would trade away all of them for a playoff run is just nuts. We went 40 years without winning a championship, just enjoy it while it lasts because this team will most likely start coming apart over the next couple of years


Why is my personal preference for competition nonsense? That first championship would have been a lot more enjoyable if the Cavs were at full strength in the finals.

wco81 wrote:They're not your rings to trade.

They're not your rings period.


Lol what a useless comment.

Mylie10 wrote:
Did you see the Houston series?

Do you remember we got beat by the Cavs?

Who's the random dude deciding his career choices? His brother?


Yes, that's my point - the one year we had a fair fight we lost. Did you see the Houston series? Where Chris Paul got injured?

Look, you guys enjoy winning easy rings. That's fine. I don't. I'd rather have one ring that we really worked hard to earn than 3 because we're overpowered. I don't enjoy playing games with cheat codes. The most fun playoff series in the last 5 years was knocking Denver out of the first round and giving the Spurs a run for it.

Last year it seemed like Houston was finally giving us a run, and what happens? Chris Paul goes down, they become worse in the off-season. Zzzz, boring.


Don't know how it was a fair fight when Draymond and Bogut didn't play in game 5 and Bogut missed the rest of the series. Honestly, everyone focuses on the Draymond dickslap and suspension, but if Bogut is in there in game 7 instead of Ezeli we win that game.
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
CalGTR
Junior
Posts: 296
And1: 196
Joined: Dec 10, 2011
     

Re: Sure sounds like KD is leaving 

Post#99 » by CalGTR » Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:02 pm

Jester_ wrote:
Nadeem wrote:
Sorry but this is just complete nonsense

We won the 2015 championship with 4 draft picks who were starters in Barnes, Klay, Steph and Dray, something that very few teams in NBA history have achieved.

I get that last season became more of a formality and it wasnt as special as the 2015 championship but to say you would trade away all of them for a playoff run is just nuts. We went 40 years without winning a championship, just enjoy it while it lasts because this team will most likely start coming apart over the next couple of years


Why is my personal preference for competition nonsense? That first championship would have been a lot more enjoyable if the Cavs were at full strength in the finals.

wco81 wrote:They're not your rings to trade.

They're not your rings period.


Lol what a useless comment.

Mylie10 wrote:
Did you see the Houston series?

Do you remember we got beat by the Cavs?

Who's the random dude deciding his career choices? His brother?


Yes, that's my point - the one year we had a fair fight we lost. Did you see the Houston series? Where Chris Paul got injured?

Look, you guys enjoy winning easy rings. That's fine. I don't. I'd rather have one ring that we really worked hard to earn than 3 because we're overpowered. I don't enjoy playing games with cheat codes. The most fun playoff series in the last 5 years was knocking Denver out of the first round and giving the Spurs a run for it.

Last year it seemed like Houston was finally giving us a run, and what happens? Chris Paul goes down, they become worse in the off-season. Zzzz, boring.


Every year is a fair fight. Every team is playing under the same rules. It's bizarre to me how the line over which a team becomes "too good" or "unfair" always seems to be set right where LeBron's team is. If LeBron teams up with players to form a super-team, it's cool. What a player!!! If he goes to the finals 7 or 8 straight years - "what dominance!" But when the Warriors put together an even better team, built mostly through the draft, its somehow not a fair fight. Ludicrous. There's always some team at the top. Circumstances and hard work brought us a dominant Warriors squad. So yes, I'll enjoy this ride to the fullest until it ends - and end it will. If KD decides to go elsewhere, so be it. If he decides to stay for another year, that would be even better. Either way, this current Warriors run won't last forever. You will eventually get your wish as the Warriors return back to the pack. They'll hopefully continue to challenge for championships, but this particular era of Warriors basketball will never be duplicated. I suggest you appreciate it while you can.
User avatar
KevinMcreynolds
General Manager
Posts: 9,584
And1: 1,534
Joined: Feb 07, 2010
Location: San Francisco
     

Re: Sure sounds like KD is leaving 

Post#100 » by KevinMcreynolds » Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:08 pm

And more to the subject of the thread...Personally, I think he signed the 1+1 deals so the Warriors have his bird rights and he'll resign a supermax.

I wish we had Cousins bird rights, because I would resign him instead. He's an absolutely perfect fit with Klay and Steph. But I think the most we can offer DMC next year is something like 1/11m :(
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett

Return to Golden State Warriors