ImageImageImageImageImage

Sure sounds like KD is leaving

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,661

Re: Sure sounds like KD is leaving 

Post#941 » by Coxy » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:01 pm

jamesnamida wrote:he will regret leaving the Dubs.

I think he will as well. He let the media and fans get the better of him.

Oh well, onward and upwards for everybody involved.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,238

Post#942 » by wco81 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:45 am

I can see them trolling him about tricking him into leaving, how he was a snake, was the softest move ever to join the Warriors.

But they along with other reasons succeeded in making him leave.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,238

Post#943 » by wco81 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:56 pm

Nick Friedell said the team knew all season KD would be leaving. He said it on Jalen and Jacoby podcast.

Draymond said they just wanted to enjoy the season. So when they had the beef in that game, he went there.
marthafokker
General Manager
And1: 830

Post#944 » by marthafokker » Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:36 pm

Oh well. GSW got discount KD for 3 years. Now Nets can spend their money to rehab a broken KD. So glad KD did not choose to stay.

Got enough talent to rebuild (and fight for playoff spot) without doing a LeBron baggage aftermath.
TB wrote:
We finally have a team for Nellie.... bring the old drunk back.
likemycurryhot
Senior
And1: 688

Post#945 » by likemycurryhot » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:24 pm

We got to watch some of the best team basketball ever played for three seasons. It seems like all the angst KD caused is a relatively small price to pay. Wish him well and move on. For all of the turmoil no one can deny that it was interesting and that we got to be the center of the sports universe for a while. It is refreshing to just be a “normal” competitive team again, though.
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,588

Post#946 » by HiRez » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:34 pm

These Dubs may not win another ring either, but I give them a better chance of doing it than a KD/Kyrie led Nets team.

Looking forward to seeing Steph, Klay, and DLo unleashed without the momentum-killing KD isos. Ball should start hopping again. Maybe no ring but pretty confident it’ll be fun to watch.
michaelm
RealGM
And1: 4,795

Post#947 » by michaelm » Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:36 am

wco81 wrote:I can see them trolling him about tricking him into leaving, how he was a snake, was the softest move ever to join the Warriors.

But they along with other reasons succeeded in making him leave.

And they were patently wrong as well about the move killing competition in the NBA for many years, although it did kill the chances of the Lebron Cavs, which was very likely the real problem for many complainants.

The 2017 team was as close to invincible as an NBA team has ever been imo, but they nearly lost to the Rockets in 2018 and did this year, their top heavy roster finally coming against them exactly as the system is designed to work, along with all athletes being subject to the human condition/the march of time. Meanwhile superteam building continues apace, with the likes of Lebron and Kawhi not attracting nearly the same vitriol, except from Spurs fans in regard to Kawhi, somewhat understandably as was the case with OKC fans and KD. KD was legitimately a FA in exactly the circumstance for which the rule was designed as I was howled down for saying on the GB, as opposed to absolutely anything goes apparently now being the standard for Lebron including his player agency inducing players to break signed, sealed and delivered contracts.

I remain a fan as I was when he was with OKC, and wish him well except against GSW, but I am not sure how being on the same team as Kyrie will work for him even in the somewhat unlikely event of both being completely healthy down the line. His avowed inclination when he joined GSW to play a more team game would now appear to have been an experiment which is over as well, with a return to dual isoball looking extremely likely.

I don't think anyone even on the GB can question his heart now though.
Money_
Rookie
And1: 224

Post#948 » by Money_ » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:00 am

He's a super star and he played his hardest for the the Dubs, I'll give him that. And wish him well....
It wasn't to be... The KD experiment worked mostly but wasn't meant to be a 5-10 year thing.
Ultimately, there wasn't a Jodan/Pippen/Rodman type click... If only he was willing to be Pippen...
KD definitely wants his own team and to be the leader, but inho he doesn't have leadership qualities.. and neither does Kyrie.
Good luck Brooklyn....

The Warriors still have several years with this core to continue having a shot at the championship, just hope Myers and company continue to make smart moves.

Return to Golden State Warriors