ImageImageImageImageImage

Do you think that Myers boofed the off season with the roster?

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Re: Do you think that Myers boofed the off season with the roster? 

Post#101 » by Little Digger » Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:55 am

Mylie10 wrote:West chose to go back home to LA. He wasn't kicked anywhere. The guys about 120 years old, so staying in LA for that insane money made more sense.
wrong and wrong..he wasn’t offered a contract and he’s not anywhere close to 120..He’s 112 tops
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
Little Digger
Head Coach

Post#102 » by Little Digger » Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:58 am

wco81 wrote:No I think Clippers were willing to offer him millions and Lacob probably didn't think he was worth the couple of million he paid him.

Since they were on the verge of winning their second title, Lacob didn't want to pay him.

I listened to a JW radio interview..Hecsaid he would have loved to stay with the Warriors organization but wasnt offered a contract..what else is there to say?
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
Little Digger
Head Coach

Post#103 » by Little Digger » Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:07 am

I sh*t my pants when I heard about the Nick Young signing..No f****** way! That’s your first big move without Jerry around? Give me a break..
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,233

Post#104 » by Impuniti » Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:39 am

Little Digger wrote:
wco81 wrote:No I think Clippers were willing to offer him millions and Lacob probably didn't think he was worth the couple of million he paid him.

Since they were on the verge of winning their second title, Lacob didn't want to pay him.

I listened to a JW radio interview..Hecsaid he would have loved to stay with the Warriors organization but wasnt offered a contract..what else is there to say?

That is awful. :banghead: Maybe someone should remind Lacob that if it wasn't for West, the team would have Love over Klay now.
Little Digger
Head Coach

Post#105 » by Little Digger » Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:10 pm

Nice bench Myers has created over these last couple off seasons...The frontcourt is absolutely horrific..The backcourt absolutely pathetic..Iguodala and Livingston are done..But we do have DeMarcus and if he’s at 90% plus we’re going to be fine..I seriously doubt that’s going to happen ..Hope I’m wrong.

Luckily we still have two great championship players in Steph and Draymond ..And two high quality starters in Klay and Numbnuts..that could be enough to get us 1 more title in 19
Little Digger
Head Coach

Post#106 » by Little Digger » Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:20 pm

I won’t ever give Myers a degrading nickname like I’ve given other hoops idiots who have been in our front office..Myers seems like a great guy in every way..He just doesn’t know anything about basketball..
Phase 3
Veteran
And1: 758

Post#107 » by Phase 3 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:18 pm

Little Digger wrote:

I’ve been complimentary of Lacob but the reason the Warriors success won’t last beyond Steph is that he thinks he created all of this. Life without Curry is gonna be a brutal wake up call for him. Can you imagine the delusion to think you don’t need the greatest NBA GM of all-time, Jerry West, as a member of the organization? But what we do need are his sons in prominent basketball operations roles. I mean Kirk is the assistant GM lol and the other son Kent is running the Santa Cruz Warriors and will surely be with the big club in a prominent role in no time......that’s why I’ve said, I’m gonna enjoy the hell out of these last few years. This is a once in a lifetime team.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,237

Post#108 » by wco81 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:51 pm

Problem is that the last few drafts have not yielded decent rotation players.

McCaw, Bell, Jones, Evans.

Looney is the only one consistently playable right now.

Of course the Warriors have been drafting at the bottom of the draft or have had to buy 2nd round picks. Good way to keep the payroll filled with low salary players but with the lack of production from Iggy and Livingston, the team no longer has the luxury to go with these projects.

That 2012 draft that got them Draymond, Ezeli and Barnes was a grand slam and the drafts since have been reverting to the mean.

They missed out on some minimum contract bargains of previous high draft picks, like Stauskas and Noel.

Next summer there will be many lottery picks who have not lived up to their draft position who may have to settle for prove-it deals, if the teams which drafted them decline to extend them. This is where the front office and the coaching staff will have to show they can get more production out of some of these players than their previous teams.
wco81
RealGM

Post#109 » by wco81 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:31 am

Getting exploited inside.

Even if Jones hadn’t gotten injured, relying on him was huge mistake.

Cousins fell into their laps so maybe they’d have gotten another big man.

Even if healthy, Cousins doesn’t give the team much in rim protection.

I know they want to keep the luxury taxes down but if they fail to win the title this year, it will be because they have too many minimum salary players on the roster.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,242

Post#110 » by xdrta+ » Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:46 am

wco81 wrote:Getting exploited inside.

Even if Jones hadn’t gotten injured, relying on him was huge mistake.

Cousins fell into their laps so maybe they’d have gotten another big man.

Even if healthy, Cousins doesn’t give the team much in rim protection.

I know they want to keep the luxury taxes down but if they fail to win the title this year, it will be because they have too many minimum salary players on the roster.

That's puzzling. When you're over the cap you don't have a lot of options. For the Warriors, the MLE (Cousins) and the minimum salary exception. What did you want them to do?
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,143

Post#111 » by cpower » Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:41 pm

at this point, we may consider letting Klay go. He peaked a few years ago and not going to get better. For the price and return, we might as well get better bench and 3D players and let KD/Curry take more shots. This lineup is just not balanced and we need better defenders and depth to maintain the dominance.
xdrta+
General Manager

Post#112 » by xdrta+ » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:41 pm

cpower wrote:at this point, we may consider letting Klay go. He peaked a few years ago and not going to get better. For the price and return, we might as well get better bench and 3D players and let KD/Curry take more shots. This lineup is just not balanced and we need better defenders and depth to maintain the dominance.

If they let Klay walk, and re-sign Durant, they're still over the cap and limited to signing 1 MLE (around $5M) contract and the rest minimum salary players. Pretty tough to translate that into a "better bench and 3D players." They can re-sign Jerebko and keep McKinnie, but they're in the same boat they were this year, as far as looking for depth. Letting Klay walk doesn't really help them. The salary cap actually works pretty well as far as limiting the best teams' flexibility.
xfactor99
Junior
And1: 397

Post#113 » by xfactor99 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:54 am

Yeah, the better move is to re-sign Klay and Dray and trade them later on, Blake Griffin style.
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,143

Post#114 » by cpower » Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:18 am

xdrta+ wrote:
cpower wrote:at this point, we may consider letting Klay go. He peaked a few years ago and not going to get better. For the price and return, we might as well get better bench and 3D players and let KD/Curry take more shots. This lineup is just not balanced and we need better defenders and depth to maintain the dominance.

If they let Klay walk, and re-sign Durant, they're still over the cap and limited to signing 1 MLE (around $5M) contract and the rest minimum salary players. Pretty tough to translate that into a "better bench and 3D players." They can re-sign Jerebko and keep McKinnie, but they're in the same boat they were this year, as far as looking for depth. Letting Klay walk doesn't really help them. The salary cap actually works pretty well as far as limiting the best teams' flexibility.

i was actully thinking Klay for Covington and JJ Redneck is not bad move(obviously not possible anymore).. it's just hard to consider trading Klay in the middle of the season
cladden
Analyst
And1: 378

Post#115 » by cladden » Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:09 am

Wow there's a lot of weird takes in here.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,661

Post#116 » by Coxy » Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:05 am

Little Digger wrote:I won’t ever give Myers a degrading nickname like I’ve given other hoops idiots who have been in our front office..Myers seems like a great guy in every way..He just doesn’t know anything about basketball..

Do you know Bob?
wco81
RealGM

Post#117 » by wco81 » Wed Jan 2, 2019 12:53 am

Heard an interview with Siakam.

Uriji has done a great job with late first-round picks. Hell Van Vleet was undrafted.

Siakam, Anunoby and Delon Wright were all chosen in the 20s.

Lakers got Hart and Kuzma in the 20s too.

Still higher than when Warriors drafted Evans (though Siakam was #27).

They really need to up their scouting game. They did great the one year they got Draymond and Ezeli but it's been pretty fallow since then, though Looney has become playable even in the playoffs.
Little Digger
Head Coach

Post#118 » by Little Digger » Thu Jan 3, 2019 1:58 am

Looney’s a total scrub who’s left unguarded 80% of the time ..Bell would struggle in the WNBA

At some point the light bulb will come on for some of you guys ..The Warriors front office is a train wreck..Lacob let his ego get out of control and f****d everything up..

For now we’re still strong

but winter is coming..
xdrta+
General Manager

Post#119 » by xdrta+ » Thu Jan 3, 2019 3:23 am

Little Digger wrote:Looney’s a total scrub who’s left unguarded 80% of the time ..Bell would struggle in the WNBA

At some point the light bulb will come on for some of you guys ..The Warriors front office is a train wreck..Lacob let his ego get out of control and f****d everything up..

but winter is coming..

You're funny.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#120 » by Mylie10 » Thu Jan 3, 2019 3:51 am

Little Digger wrote:Looney’s a total scrub who’s left unguarded 80% of the time ..Bell would struggle in the WNBA

but winter is coming..

Your Looney hate is so strong it makes you sound dumb. He's a really good positional role player. An excellent pick at 30. He's even beginning to shoot the 3. Total steal where we picked him. And he's been extremely affordable.

I laugh at your evaluations...Ha...Ha ..(slaps in face with a driving glove)
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...

Return to Golden State Warriors