ImageImageImageImageImage

McCaw signs offer sheet with the Cavs - do the Dubs match?

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Will the Warriors match the Cavs offer sheet?

yes, he plays with the Warriors
17%
yes, but traded to another team besides the Cavs
No votes
no, have fun on the Cavs
83%

Total votes: 18

LeonGenesis
Sixth Man
And1: 344

Re: McCaw signs offer sheet with the Cavs - do the Dubs match? 

Post#61 » by LeonGenesis » Tue Jan 1, 2019 11:52 pm

Seriously..I shouldn't have used McCaw and McKinnie in the same sentence. McCaw is not worth to be mentioned again! LOL. No one wants him other than Cleveland (worst team in NBA), and I wouldn't be surprised they release him by the end of the year. He will average 2 pts this year LOL....bank on it. I'm surprised some folks think he's good hahaha. Curry, ,Thompson, and rest of the team makes him a 4 pts average player. Without them, i expect him to have a lower scoring average.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#62 » by Mylie10 » Wed Jan 2, 2019 3:09 am

LeonGenesis wrote:Seriously..I shouldn't have used McCaw and McKinnie in the same sentence. McCaw is not worth to be mentioned again! LOL. No one wants him other than Cleveland (worst team in NBA), and I wouldn't be surprised they release him by the end of the year. He will average 2 pts this year LOL....bank on it. I'm surprised some folks think he's good hahaha. Curry, ,Thompson, and rest of the team makes him a 4 pts average player. Without them, i expect him to have a lower scoring average.

I may have been a little tough on McCaw in my comparison to McKinnie.

I do think McCaw will carve out a spot in Cleveland. He is relatively cheap and he will do things, like defense, that coaches like. He will average more than 2 points, lol. He's going to have opportunity there, that he wouldn't have here.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
likashing
Head Coach
And1: 1,959

Post#63 » by likashing » Wed Jan 2, 2019 7:02 pm

He is making his debut tonight. I think he might even start because the Cavs can still waive him by Jan 7.
Mark Jackson wrote:Playoff preparation is overrated... I’m going to get my rest. I’m not going to grow old and be stressed out and get gray hair.
LeonGenesis
Sixth Man

Post#64 » by LeonGenesis » Thu Jan 3, 2019 3:53 am

likashing wrote:He is making his debut tonight. I think he might even start because the Cavs can still waive him by Jan 7.

Well his debut...2 pts in 18 minutes. :lol: I want to see how he got the 2 pts...my guess an easy lay-up...
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#65 » by Mylie10 » Thu Jan 3, 2019 4:42 am

LeonGenesis wrote:
likashing wrote:He is making his debut tonight. I think he might even start because the Cavs can still waive him by Jan 7.

Well his debut...2 pts in 18 minutes. :lol: I want to see how he got the 2 pts...my guess an easy lay-up...

I seriously doubt that this game will be an indicator of anything for the rest of his career.

Will you be posting something like this if Cousins stumbles through his first game?
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
LeonGenesis
Sixth Man

Post#66 » by LeonGenesis » Thu Jan 3, 2019 4:54 am

Mylie10 wrote:
LeonGenesis wrote:

I seriously doubt that this game will be an indicator of anything for the rest of his career.

Will you be posting something like this if Cousins stumbles through his first game?

No, because Cousins is a proven elite NBA player.....not McCaw.
BG
Sixth Man
And1: 458

Post#67 » by BG » Thu Jan 3, 2019 9:19 am

i have not seen any footage of his first cavs game, but i saw in the boxscore that he played 18 minutes and only took 2 shots. Looks a lot like his problem here, he's just scared on offense to make a mistake.
Warriors!!!
oaktownwarriors87
RealGM
And1: 4,354

Post#68 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Thu Jan 3, 2019 8:48 pm

Mylie10 wrote:
LeonGenesis wrote:

Read on Twitter
cdubbz wrote:Donte DiVincenzo will outplay Poole this season.
likashing
Head Coach

Post#69 » by likashing » Mon Jan 7, 2019 6:20 am

The Cavs waived his ass. $6m down the drain. Wonder if some team will sign him for more than min.

Did he make $73k a game for the Cavs? Lol
Mark Jackson wrote:Playoff preparation is overrated... I’m going to get my rest. I’m not going to grow old and be stressed out and get gray hair.
likashing
Head Coach

Post#70 » by likashing » Mon Jan 7, 2019 6:36 am

Lol if the Cavs get him back, aka working around RFA, the CBA will fix it next year and call it the “McCaw rule”

Sort of like the Arenas rule... and Rose rule.

Except that in another 2 years, he will be out of the league and people would be like why the **** is that rule named McCaw?
oaktownwarriors87
RealGM
And1: 4,354

Post#71 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:52 pm

likashing wrote:Lol if the Cavs get him back, aka working around RFA, the CBA will fix it next year and call it the “McCaw rule”

Sort of like the Arenas rule... and Rose rule.

Except that in another 2 years, he will be out of the league and people would be like why the **** is that rule named McCaw?

How about the Christmas Webber rule?
cdubbz wrote:Donte DiVincenzo will outplay Poole this season.
likashing
Head Coach

Post#72 » by likashing » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:08 pm

likashing
Head Coach

Post#73 » by likashing » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:32 pm

Another surprise. McCaw actually still has an agent. I thought he wouldn't retain an agent after declining the $5.2m against his agent's advice. Duffy is his agent. Should have just fired the agent to save the 5-10% commission. Nearly $100k right there. :lol:
marthafokker
General Manager
And1: 830

Post#74 » by marthafokker » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:21 pm

He and his dad are really bad at math!

He got *a lot of playing time* and $money$ on the Raps roster now as a UFA. Hehehe.
TB wrote:
We finally have a team for Nellie.... bring the old drunk back.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,242

Post#75 » by wco81 » Mon Apr 1, 2019 3:12 am

McCaw out for at least 3 weeks with a hand injury, so that would be at least through the first round.

He was getting 13-14 minutes a game for the Raptors, shooting 40/32.

Will be interesting to see what kind of offers he gets next season.
LeonGenesis
Sixth Man

Post#76 » by LeonGenesis » Mon Apr 1, 2019 3:40 am

He'll be going to Euro league... 13-14 mins per game who average about 2 pts per game. Majority of the players who leave Warriors decline and show their true value when they don't have players like Steph, Klay, KD around them. McCaw was wide open most of the time because defenders were too busy with our elite players.
likashing
Head Coach

Post#77 » by likashing » Mon Apr 1, 2019 6:00 am

He’s been playing solid for the Raptors. Don’t see how he improved on his situation though.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,242

Post#78 » by xdrta+ » Mon Apr 1, 2019 2:55 pm

likashing wrote:He’s been playing solid for the Raptors. Don’t see how he improved on his situation though.

It will be interesting to see if the Raps tender him a QO to make him a RFA this summer. I think they will.
likashing
Head Coach

Post#79 » by likashing » Mon Apr 1, 2019 3:51 pm

xdrta+ wrote:
likashing wrote:He’s been playing solid for the Raptors. Don’t see how he improved on his situation though.

It will be interesting to see if the Raps tender him a QO to make him a RFA this summer. I think they will.

Oh right. Forgot about this one. His situation definitely did not improve then. Lol.

He needs to pull the same **** all over again this summer if the Raptors give him a QO.
statsman
Analyst
And1: 438

Post#80 » by statsman » Mon Apr 1, 2019 8:26 pm

xdrta+ wrote:

Why is McCaw a RFA after signing a rest-of-season minimum salary contract?

EDIT: Seems this is the case for all players with three or less years in the league. Even on a rest-of-season minimum salary contract. This will be the last offseason McCaw can pull this stunt.

Return to Golden State Warriors