Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Re: Durant talks to media and things get uncomfortable 

Post#21 » by Little Digger » Fri Feb 8, 2019 4:25 am

FNQ wrote:I miss the silent Kevin Durant
9 days of bliss
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
Jester_
General Manager
And1: 1,035

Post#22 » by Jester_ » Fri Feb 8, 2019 4:48 am

Strauss vs. Durant.... the battle of 2 petuland manchildren.

Imaging being worth hundreds of millions and still finding a way to feel victimized.
GQ Hot Dog wrote:Kerr has done more with the least talent available of any coach in the history of the game.
Muscles
Senior
And1: 270

Post#23 » by Muscles » Fri Feb 8, 2019 9:15 pm

I wish KD would go rest of season not talking to media after games. Would he be fined if he did?
Chris Porter's Hair
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 3,552

Post#24 » by Chris Porter's Hair » Fri Feb 8, 2019 10:25 pm

Muscles wrote:I wish KD would go rest of season not talking to media after games. Would he be fined if he did?

Probably. Hence Sleepy's Marshawn reference. You can't really be obliged to talk helpfully to the media.

crzyyafrican makes the best sigs, quite frankly
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#25 » by Mylie10 » Fri Feb 8, 2019 10:57 pm

Jester_ wrote:Strauss vs. Durant.... the battle of 2 petuland manchildren.

Imaging being worth hundreds of millions and still finding a way to feel victimized.

But all of the bs reporting doesn't just affect the player, it affects teammates, coaches, family members, and the fans as a whole.

I think KD knows he's going to get questions even though he told them wait until July. But he also knew that certain ish disturbers were going to try and get a response they could use out of him. They were right, and KD was ready.

You have to understand something. They don't like Strauss, and some don't like Kawakami who also has always stirred the pot. Both of them speak and write as though they are smarter than everyone who is listening or reading their stuff. They deal I'm bluster, but use eloquent writing to try and fool the reader into believing their nonsense.

So when players respond specifically to them, it's because they just don't like them. They'd probably like to beat they azz.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#26 » by Mylie10 » Fri Feb 8, 2019 10:59 pm

Chris Porter's Hair wrote:
Muscles wrote:I wish KD would go rest of season not talking to media after games. Would he be fined if he did?

Probably. Hence Sleepy's Marshawn reference. You can't really be obliged to talk helpfully to the media.

Pretty sure either Kerr or Raymond Ridder told KD he had to go and talk after the Spurs game or the league would start fining him.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,742

Post#27 » by azwfan » Sat Feb 9, 2019 12:39 am

I liked seeing his rant. I just hope his frustration isn't bugging him when he's not talking to the media.
I find a lot of these sports writers over estimate their value.
Yall just arent as important as you once were.
We can watch all these games for ourselves and follow the dudes directly on twitter.
Crapakami and Strauss provide no value to me as a sports fan.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
SFrush
Sixth Man
And1: 778

Post#28 » by SFrush » Sat Feb 9, 2019 1:21 am

He just needs to accept free agent speculation simply comes with the territory of signing these one year deals. Avoiding the media for 8 days was childish.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,326

Post#29 » by KevinMcreynolds » Sat Feb 9, 2019 1:26 am

It's been so long since I read a Kawakami article I think the last one I saw was about Byron Houston. I couldn't pick Ethan Strauss out of a lineup and I've never seen anything by him except the two times he's pissed off Warriors players. And I think there's a legit chance nobody has ever read a Monte Poole article.
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#30 » by Mylie10 » Sat Feb 9, 2019 3:14 am

SFrush wrote:He just needs to accept free agent speculation simply comes with the territory of signing these one year deals. Avoiding the media for 8 days was childish.

Yes to a certain extent, but it goes beyond that, and the rest of the team has to deal with this stuff as well.
Khoee wrote “
Muscles
Senior

Post#31 » by Muscles » Sat Feb 9, 2019 4:49 am

Now this is simply bad ass.

Read on Twitter
xfactor99
Junior
And1: 397

Post#32 » by xfactor99 » Sat Feb 9, 2019 8:45 am

So am I the only person here who thinks what Ethan Strauss wrote was totally valid, and it was a bad look for KD to get so huffy about it? Everyone knows KD always complained about being #2 and that he has said before that winning a championship in 2017 didn't feel a good as he thought it would. Ethan reporting that sources close to KD said that KD wasn't happy that he didn't receive recognition for being better than LeBron after the 2017 finals isn't out of line at all. I don't know why that upset KD so much, unless there was an element of truth to it and that it really does bother him.

Some teammates believe that his biggest successes are indivisible from what currently ails. Or moreover, the reception of such successes. Sources say that Durant believed his besting of LeBron James in the 2017 Finals would get him hailed as the game’s top player, a mantle he’s craved for some time. While LeBron averaged a 33.6 point-per-game triple-double in that Finals, Durant was superior defensively and hit the series’ biggest shot right in the King’s face.
Muscles
Senior

Post#33 » by Muscles » Sat Feb 9, 2019 5:05 pm

xfactor99 wrote:So am I the only person here who thinks what Ethan Strauss wrote was totally valid, and it was a bad look for KD to get so huffy about it? Everyone knows KD always complained about being #2 and that he has said before that winning a championship in 2017 didn't feel a good as he thought it would. Ethan reporting that sources close to KD said that KD wasn't happy that he didn't receive recognition for being better than LeBron after the 2017 finals isn't out of line at all. I don't know why that upset KD so much, unless there was an element of truth to it and that it really does bother him.

Some teammates believe that his biggest successes are indivisible from what currently ails. Or moreover, the reception of such successes. Sources say that Durant believed his besting of LeBron James in the 2017 Finals would get him hailed as the game’s top player, a mantle he’s craved for some time. While LeBron averaged a 33.6 point-per-game triple-double in that Finals, Durant was superior defensively and hit the series’ biggest shot right in the King’s face.

2 rings will not put KD past Lebron and no clue why KD thinks that. However, 4 straight wpuld put him past Lebron and in a class by himself if he adds 4 FMVPs with it. Thats how you sell KD staying in GS.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,326

Post#34 » by KevinMcreynolds » Sat Feb 9, 2019 5:05 pm

xfactor99 wrote:So am I the only person here who thinks what Ethan Strauss wrote was totally valid, and it was a bad look for KD to get so huffy about it? Everyone knows KD always complained about being #2 and that he has said before that winning a championship in 2017 didn't feel a good as he thought it would. Ethan reporting that sources close to KD said that KD wasn't happy that he didn't receive recognition for being better than LeBron after the 2017 finals isn't out of line at all. I don't know why that upset KD so much, unless there was an element of truth to it and that it really does bother him.

That paragraph is the biggest load of crap ever. His teammates all think Strauss is a little weasel and don’t talk to him so how does he have any clue of what they believe?
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
oaktownwarriors87
RealGM
And1: 4,349

Post#35 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Sat Feb 9, 2019 5:11 pm

Outside wrote:KD takes the media stuff too much to heart. He'd be better off dismissing it as the ramblings of a homeless guy on the bus bench.

He's going to love NY :wink:

This is the greatest team of all time and he's winning MVP's on it. I'm sure a lot of agents, players, and sponsors would love to see him leave. Not because it's what's best for him, but because it opens the door for all of them.

I'm sure Nike would love to see him and Irving in NYC. They may or may not win rings, but they could, and either way they'd sell a **** load of merchandise. Irving is very marketable.

That would also open the door for LeBron and AD in the West. Again, a major victory for Nike.

It's all about the rings and the Warriors somehow got the greatest trio of all-time. It would be a shame to see that go to waste.

Durant could also be playing hard ball. They didn't give Curry options or a trade block. He may want those things.
cdubbz wrote:Donte DiVincenzo will outplay Poole this season.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,137

Post#36 » by wco81 » Sat Feb 9, 2019 6:22 pm

oaktownwarriors87 wrote:
Outside wrote:KD takes the media stuff too much to heart. He'd be better off dismissing it as the ramblings of a homeless guy on the bus bench.

He's going to love NY :wink:

This is the greatest team of all time and he's winning MVP's on it. I'm sure a lot of agents, players, and sponsors would love to see him leave. Not because it's what's best for him, but because it opens the door for all of them.

I'm sure Nike would love to see him and Irving in NYC. They may or may not win rings, but they could, and either way they'd sell a **** load of merchandise. Irving is very marketable.

That would also open the door for LeBron and AD in the West. Again, a major victory for Nike.

It's all about the rings and the Warriors somehow got the greatest trio of all-time. It would be a shame to see that go to waste.

Durant could also be playing hard ball. They didn't give Curry options or a trade block. He may want those things.

He makes more from Nike than the super max. So if they want him in NY, he will probably go — in fact Nike May have paid him to come to the Warriors in the first place because they didn’t want Curry and Under Armour to get all the spotlight.

I don’t know if a NTC would be a big deal. He’d be around 32 in the first year of an extension, earning huge money. But Warriors probably wouldn’t look to trade him, unless Curry had a career ending injury or something.
Phase 3
Veteran
And1: 758

Post#37 » by Phase 3 » Sat Feb 9, 2019 7:11 pm

KevinMcreynolds wrote:

That paragraph is the biggest load of crap ever. His teammates all think Strauss is a little weasel and don’t talk to him so how does he have any clue of what they believe?

I’m not sure who Strauss talks to now but I know for a fact he talked to a prominent former Warriors player for much of his Draymond article from a couple years ago. Love or hate Strauss, it’s not like he’s the only one saying this stuff about KD.
likashing
Head Coach
And1: 1,959

Post#38 » by likashing » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:05 am

Since KD is such a sensitive guy, maybe we should form an Internet army to defend him against trolls on twitter and crap reporters like Tim and Strauss.

I think it is one thing that he will appreciate the fan base for.
Mark Jackson wrote:Playoff preparation is overrated... I’m going to get my rest. I’m not going to grow old and be stressed out and get gray hair.
michaelm
RealGM
And1: 4,769

Re: This is why Draymond went off earlier in the year. 

Post#39 » by michaelm » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:33 pm

Chris Porter's Hair wrote:
GoldenRay wrote:Kevin Durant could swing the GS dynasty what +/- 3/4 championships.

It's the difference between an historic, Celtics challenging dynasty and an impressive, Bulls type dynasty.

With that much on the line, hearing or NOT HEARING that Durant is committed to championships over individual achievement is HUGE.

It may be the biggest thing going on in the NBA this season.

But Kevin Durant doesn't want to talk about THAT. Why? Because his lack of commitment to the GS core reflects badly on him and he knows it.

It makes him look selfish, and short-sighted.

Who cares whether Kevin Durant can win a championship with the Clippers?

Kevin Durant.

And that's a huge huge story that's not going away just because Kevin Durant wants it to...

Good points, Ethan.

Look. Durant is increasingly appearing socially inept. Good thing for him he's a basketball player and not a politician. If he wants to just play basketball this year, and deal with his free agency once, you know, he's a free agent, I'm totally fine with that. Even if he knows what he wants to do, I'm not sure anything constructive comes of badgering him trying to get him to say so. He handled things poorly, but if the underlying impetus was trying to get him to react to the fact that the Knicks traded a player to the Mavs, I can see why he's getting annoyed.

The thing is that he was basically being questioned about unsubstantiated rumours by the guys who actually made up the rumours.

If he wants to leave after a third title, he will be a Free Agent as you say, good luck to him and I will remain grateful.
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#40 » by Mylie10 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:51 pm

If you read the article from Strauss, he's not exactly making up the rumors. It's more like he's using the rumors from someone, or some people around the Warriors to substantiate the rumors.

He also claims that there are those that think KD is jealous of Steph and LeBron and that's another reason to want to start over somewhere else. I think that part really bothered KD.

As for people around the Warriors, or within the Warriors who are so called feeding him this stuff is suspect. For all we know it's just some random person who knows as much as we all do.
Khoee wrote “

Return to Golden State Warriors