ImageImageImageImageImage

Draymond Green voted most overrated player

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,238

Re: Draymond Green voted most overrated player 

Post#21 » by Impuniti » Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:53 pm

Best thing about this is that it should give him some motivation for the playoffs. You know even if he himself hasn't found this out, his mom has already texted/called him about it. Should see a more spirited performance.
thinkingwarriors wrote:
Little Digger wrote:Which now makes him even more underrated..

Absolutely Love Draymond’s ability to get under his opponents skin..

That his opponents are so determined to undermine him is the greatest compliment they could pay him. They shook!

I don't think anyone in the NBA is shook about Draymond with the way he's played this season, but ok. :lol:
East Bay Sports
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,559

Post#22 » by East Bay Sports » Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:49 pm

Players are bitter that Day Day shuts em down and then lets em know about it. And occasionally kicks them in the family jewels.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,321

Post#23 » by Sleepy51 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:20 pm

By and large NBA players really don’t have a lot of understanding or respect for what it takes to be a consistently good and impactful defender. So it adds up that they wouldn’t respect Draymond’s true contribution to a championship dynasty. So f :censored: then in the other ear.

I don’t see the upside of Draymond coming into the playoffs pissed though. He doesn’t play better pissed. He slaps and kicks people in the nuts when he’s pissed. Draymond plays best when he’s happy. Hopefully his mom tells him to ignore this crap. I want Draymond under other players skin. I don’t want the whole league under his skin.

Oh and Draymond, tell em to kiss the rings bitches
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
shazam_guy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,136

Post#24 » by shazam_guy » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:38 am

Sleepy, you said it all. I can only add, "Amen."
michaelm
RealGM
And1: 4,795

Post#25 » by michaelm » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:52 am

So he doesn’t play as well when he is injured. He has said himself he is healthier than he has been all season, and his form seems to be improving accordingly.
Soca
Veteran
And1: 841

Post#26 » by Soca » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:52 am

Sleepy51 wrote:By and large NBA players really don’t have a lot of understanding or respect for what it takes to be a consistently good and impactful defender. So it adds up that they wouldn’t respect Draymond’s true contribution to a championship dynasty. So f :censored: then in the other ear.

I don’t see the upside of Draymond coming into the playoffs pissed though. He doesn’t play better pissed. He slaps and kicks people in the nuts when he’s pissed. Draymond plays best when he’s happy. Hopefully his mom tells him to ignore this crap. I want Draymond under other players skin. I don’t want the whole league under his skin.

Oh and Draymond, tell em to kiss the rings bitches

How often is that?
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,174

Post#27 » by watch1958 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:48 am

Being overrated is overrated.
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
likashing
Head Coach
And1: 1,959

Post#28 » by likashing » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:03 pm

You gotta be pretty good when anyone thinks you are “overrated”. People consider you “overrated” when you get too much credit for your success. No one says Iguodala or Livingston or Looney is overrated.

So who cares? Draymond is pretty good and we have success. I don’t care whether he is “overrated” or not.
Mark Jackson wrote:Playoff preparation is overrated... I’m going to get my rest. I’m not going to grow old and be stressed out and get gray hair.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,248

Post#29 » by xdrta+ » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:21 pm

likashing wrote:You gotta be pretty good when anyone thinks you are “overrated”. People consider you “overrated” when you get too much credit for your success. No one says Iguodala or Livingston or Looney is overrated.

So who cares? Draymond is pretty good and we have success. I don’t care whether he is “overrated” or not.

You're right. Where is this rating system, anyway? I'd like to have a look at it.
michaelm
RealGM
And1: 4,795

Post#30 » by michaelm » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:40 pm

xdrta+ wrote:
likashing wrote:You gotta be pretty good when anyone thinks you are “overrated”. People consider you “overrated” when you get too much credit for your success. No one says Iguodala or Livingston or Looney is overrated.

You're right. Where is this rating system, anyway? I'd like to have a look at it.

Still can’t work out how GSW manage to simultaneously be both unfairly stacked and comprised of over-rated players.

Dray is a great defensive player and savvy offensive facilitator who when healthy shoots well enough to keep the opposition honest. He was playing well at the start of the year and is again now, and while his longevity is in question because of the battering he takes I think his shooting dropped off this year because he was injured rather than going permanently into decline.

I actually don’t trust the players’ ratings, and believe they tend to under-rate defensive play as has been said and players who succeed by methods other than uber athleticism. The players would have given Curry’s first MVP award to Harden.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,248

Post#31 » by xdrta+ » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:57 pm

michaelm wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:

Still can’t work out how GSW manage to simultaneously be both unfairly stacked and comprised of over-rated players.

Dray is a great defensive player and savvy offensive facilitator who when healthy shoots well enough to keep the opposition honest. He was playing well at the start of the year and is again now, and while his longevity is in question because of the battering he takes I think his shooting dropped off this year because he was injured rather than going permanently into decline.

I actually don’t trust the players’ ratings, and believe they tend to under-rate defensive play as has been said and players who succeed by methods other than uber athleticism. The players would have given Curry’s first MVP award to Harden.

How about Klay? I'm always seeing on the GB how overrated Klay is, until, of course, it's time to rail about the "5 all-stars" the W's run out there.

Return to Golden State Warriors