ImageImageImageImageImage

WCR1 Game 1: LAC @ GSW

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

statsman
Analyst
And1: 438

Re: WCR1 Game 1: LAC @ GSW 

Post#121 » by statsman » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:02 am

wco81 wrote:Kerr has to have Cousins on a short leash.

I wonder if he had playoff jitters. It was Cousins' first postseason game played in his NBA career. Let's see what happens in game #2 now that the Warriors won game #1.
Phase 3
Veteran
And1: 758

Post#122 » by Phase 3 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:02 am

Lot of turnovers or this would have been a larger margin win.

Now we have to wonder about Beverly cheap shot on KD, like rolling int9 his legs.

By short leash I hope you mean on the bench against better teams. Looney and Bogut are much better centers for this team.

Looney was +30 while Cousins was -17 tonight. Every time Cousins went to the bench the whole flow of the game improved for the Warriors...on both sides of the ball.

The one time Cousins can sometimes be useful is when he’s playing with the bench unit. At that point, the Warriors can use his low post game. He’s not a fit with the starters though.
Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Post#123 » by Little Digger » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:13 am

I think Steph with contacts is at his absolute peak right now..Really excited to see him and Klay matchup with a healthy CP and Harden..hopefully it happens
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
Badly Browned
Analyst
And1: 326

Post#124 » by Badly Browned » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:14 am

We all knew coming into this season that Cousins was going to be heavily matchup dependent.

Zubac is a good matchup for Cousins, Harrell is not.

Add in Cook being an absolute defensive sieve and even off the bench Cook + Cousins have zero chance at defending Lou + Harrell on a PnR action.
I'm not going to say that Curry is God. But he is definitely a god. -NeoWarriors
Samurai
General Manager
And1: 2,892

Post#125 » by Samurai » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:48 am

Badly Browned wrote:We all knew coming into this season that Cousins was going to be heavily matchup dependent.

Zubac is a good matchup for Cousins, Harrell is not.

Add in Cook being an absolute defensive sieve and even off the bench Cook + Cousins have zero chance at defending Lou + Harrell on a PnR action.

People forget that Lou/Harrell is one of the very best PnR combos in the league; they make it work against everyone. It should be no surprise that Cook/Cousins will have trouble defending it and yet so many posters act as if they are shocked or that they have never seen the Clippers play this year. Besides cutting down on turnovers, I expect the Dubs (primarily our Secretary of Defense, Mr. Adams) to go over the film in tomorrow's film session and tweak our scheme on defending it. We won't be able to stop it but we need to make it tougher for them to convert.

For game 2, I am more concerned about Cook's play than Cousins'. While Cousins tried to do too much, which was the concern that I posted on before the game started since it was his first ever playoff game, he did provide value with his 9 boards and 4 assists (for some reason, this doesn't get mentioned). In Cook's case, I am struggling to come up with any similar positives tonight. And since Livingston also did not have a good game, it makes us especially weaker when Curry rests. At least we have options if Cousins doesn't play well as both Bogut and Looney can bring different strengths; we are much more limited if Cook lays another egg.
likashing
Head Coach
And1: 1,959

Post#126 » by likashing » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:54 am

Little Digger wrote:I think Steph with contacts is at his absolute peak right now..Really excited to see him and Klay matchup with a healthy CP and Harden..hopefully it happens

Got it Rockets fan. Must suck for you when Pat Bev was hurt in 2015. Rough half decade really.

Not really interested in the series though. Just one of the teams we have to beat. The Harden Rockets are a bunch of entitled whine babies with a big mouth and achieved nothing.

The Rockets don’t mean much to the Warriors like the Warriors to the Rockets. They are just a blip during our run.
Mark Jackson wrote:Playoff preparation is overrated... I’m going to get my rest. I’m not going to grow old and be stressed out and get gray hair.
TinoDubs
Junior
And1: 45

Post#127 » by TinoDubs » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:06 am

Phase 3 wrote:

Lot of turnovers or this would have been a larger margin win.

Now we have to wonder about Beverly cheap shot on KD, like rolling int9 his legs.

By short leash I hope you mean on the bench against better teams. Looney and Bogut are much better centers for this team.

Looney was +30 while Cousins was -17 tonight. Every time Cousins went to the bench the whole flow of the game improved for the Warriors...on both sides of the ball.

The one time Cousins can sometimes be useful is when he’s playing with the bench unit. At that point, the Warriors can use his low post game. He’s not a fit with the starters though.

Totally agree with you on Cousins with the starters. He would be perfect with the 2nd unit. Perhaps Kerr will pull that card in the later round. I'm sure there will be game that we need to start out with the Hamptons Five.
TinoDubs
Junior
And1: 45

Post#128 » by TinoDubs » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:08 am

I think tonight is the first time I heard the crowd chanting MVP for KD...not that loud those. We need to do it more to KD guys.
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,745

Post#129 » by azwfan » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:58 am

likashing wrote:
Little Digger wrote:I think Steph with contacts is at his absolute peak right now..Really excited to see him and Klay matchup with a healthy CP and Harden..hopefully it happens

Got it Rockets fan. Must suck for you when Pat Bev was hurt in 2015. Rough half decade really.

Not really interested in the series though. Just one of the teams we have to beat. The Harden Rockets are a bunch of entitled whine babies with a big mouth and achieved nothing.

The Rockets don’t mean much to the Warriors like the Warriors to the Rockets. They are just a blip during our run.

Can't tell if your serious or not. Digger has been a Warriors Loyal Fan since before Sid the Squid and Joe Barely Cares.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Post#130 » by Little Digger » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:07 am

Wanting to see the best backcourts go at it in a series makes me a longtime rockets fan..also 1+1 now = 13,007
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,745

Post#131 » by azwfan » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:18 am

I just want to see us smash the Rockets. Not sure i can take too much of the stress like the '15 and '16 postseasons.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
Swift21
General Manager
And1: 457

Post#132 » by Swift21 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:49 am

Impuniti wrote:
likashing wrote:Didn’t expect to start a KD tech watch this soon. 2 of 7.

KD is smart enough to stop when it gets to 5 I feel.. unlike Dray.

Agreed.
Swift21
General Manager
And1: 457

Post#133 » by Swift21 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:57 am

azwfan wrote:
likashing wrote:

Can't tell if your serious or not. Digger has been a Warriors Loyal Fan since before Sid the Squid and Joe Barely Cares.

Not every one is going to know about our old geezer LF75.

Speaking of an old geezer. It sure would be nice to see Old Rem. I miss him.
GswStorm3
Assistant Coach
And1: 308

Post#134 » by GswStorm3 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:02 am

Swift21 wrote:
azwfan wrote:
likashing wrote:

Not every one is going to know about our old geezer LF75.

Speaking of an old geezer. It sure would be nice to see Old Rem. I miss him.

I miss Turk and his conspiracy theories. He was a fun read.
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,588

Post#135 » by HiRez » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:09 am

Seriously worried about KD’s 2 Ts in the first game of the playoffs, that could come back to bite us big time later on. Now guys are going to be trying to actively provoke him into another.
GswStorm3
Assistant Coach
And1: 308

Post#136 » by GswStorm3 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:13 am

HiRez wrote:Seriously worried about KD’s 2 Ts in the first game of the playoffs, that could come back to bite us big time later on. Now guys are going to be trying to actively provoke him into another.

He wasn't even angry. He was just laughing at Bev the entire game.
likashing
Head Coach
And1: 1,959

Post#137 » by likashing » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:15 am

Little Digger wrote:I just like to bet the games and watch great basketball players in ultra competitive situations..absolutely no interest anymore in being a fan-boy of a team..I find many of you homers who never stop b*tching about calls that go against your team extremely boring ..

I still lean towards GS..but I’m definitely no longer a fan (fanatic)

He isn't even a fan of the Warriors no more.
Mark Jackson wrote:Playoff preparation is overrated... I’m going to get my rest. I’m not going to grow old and be stressed out and get gray hair.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,247

Post#138 » by wco81 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:52 am

Samurai wrote:I expected Beverley to guard Curry, which he normally does. By putting him on KD, that left the Clippers with no one to guard Curry and he killed them. If they put Beverley on Curry in game 2, the Clippers have no one who can guard KD.

And Draymond's energy, particularly on defense, is where you see his real value. And I love watching "playoff Andre".

Rivers said Beverly stopped KD's dribble attacks.

Sure because KD tried to post him up since he was almost a foot taller.

But KD has continued to defer, not be aggressive as he has been in the past 2 postseasons.

Then again, maybe he's unconsciously sabotaging, especially the way he got those technicals.
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,588

Post#139 » by HiRez » Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:31 am

GswStorm3 wrote:
HiRez wrote:Seriously worried about KD’s 2 Ts in the first game of the playoffs, that could come back to bite us big time later on. Now guys are going to be trying to actively provoke him into another.

He wasn't even angry. He was just laughing at Bev the entire game.

And yet...he somehow ended up with 2 technicals and an ejection in 1 game. Sure, he can probably try to bite his tongue for a while but it’s a long road to the championship and there’s probably going to be other times he won’t be able to hold back, whether it be another player, the refs, or even a belligerent fan.
shazam_guy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,136

Post#140 » by shazam_guy » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:35 am

Bunch of grumpy people here complaining about one of the best teams in NBA history. Hey, be happy -- it's finally the playoffs! Curry played a beautiful game, there was some entertaining drama with KD and Beverley, Dre and Dray were great. Enjoy it while it's here. Someday we won't have this team to root for anymore.

When you've been a fan as long as some of us you learn to live in the moment when it's good, because there have been so many sh*t moments for Warriors fans in the last forty years. Those who don't remember relying on Jason Caffey or an ancient Mookie Blaylock to carry your team, or not having an All-Star for nearly twenty years, don't understand how hilariously wonderful it is to see the Ws throwing six All-Stars onto the court, sometimes playing five of them at the same time.

This is a golden age, folks. You don't get many of them.

Return to Golden State Warriors