Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,635

Re: WCR1 Game 1: LAC @ GSW 

Post#161 » by Coxy » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:59 am

Sleepy51 wrote:
Coxy wrote:KD is such a mental midget.

It was stupid of him to take the bait, but he at least held it together u til the game was decided. You would have polished Draymond’s dome chanting about his “fire” if he’d kicked Beverly in the testies and got ejected in the first quarter. Be just a little consistent once in a while, not because Durant cares, but for the sake of your own credibility please.

Apples and Oranges.

They have different roles as basketball players. Greens responsibility is the fire, is the edge, is the antagonist, is the defender and vocal drive of the team. Kevin's is NOT that person. Kevin's is to score the ball and be the basketball playing savant that he is. Durant has the mental maturity of a 12 yr old. Watching him fall for the bait from a dude half his size was like watching a grown man try to impose himself on a toddler that had annoyed him, even though he was winning the battle quite comfortably, all because he called him a "poo face".

Yes yes, Draymond can be an ass hat, and tip toes the line constantly, but that is the reason he is as successful as he is, because he has very limited talent. Kevin Durant is a basketball savant, he doesn't need to get into a barking match and then boil over the top when he is winning against a fiery hobbit.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#162 » by Mylie10 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:59 am

Frozzy wrote:
wco81 wrote:He just needs to clog up the paint and bang a bit with the big bodies.

Draymond doesn't seem to really want to fight with Harrell.

Dray played really well but found it odd how he was never in the picture whenever Harrell did damage in the paint

I wanted us to take Harrell in his draft, and thought he could be an awesome backup to Draymond based on physicality I saw from him at Wisconsin. Wish we made that pick.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,303

Post#163 » by Sleepy51 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:13 am

Coxy wrote:
Sleepy51 wrote:
Coxy wrote:KD is such a mental midget.

It was stupid of him to take the bait, but he at least held it together u til the game was decided. You would have polished Draymond’s dome chanting about his “fire” if he’d kicked Beverly in the testies and got ejected in the first quarter. Be just a little consistent once in a while, not because Durant cares, but for the sake of your own credibility please.

Apples and Oranges.

They have different roles as basketball players. Greens responsibility is the fire, is the edge, is the antagonist, is the defender and vocal drive of the team. Kevin's is NOT that person. Kevin's is to score the ball and be the basketball playing savant that he is. Durant has the mental maturity of a 12 yr old. Watching him fall for the bait from a dude half his size was like watching a grown man try to impose himself on a toddler that had annoyed him, even though he was winning the battle quite comfortably, all because he called him a "poo face".

Yes yes, Draymond can be an ass hat, and tip toes the line constantly, but that is the reason he is as successful as he is, because he has very limited talent. Kevin Durant is a basketball savant, he doesn't need to get into a barking match and then boil over the top when he is winning against a fiery hobbit.

Wow, and you actually managed to do exactly what I predicted and polished Draymond's dome while excusing his idiocy in response to the exact post where I predicted said dome polishing. You have become a :clown:

Steph picked up a tech against Beverly for the same nonsense earlier in the year and yes, it's dumb no matter which one of them does it. Draymond doesn't get a pass for being always extra-dumb.

Draymond fires up the team when he makes BASKETBALL plays. Draymond is a warrior between the whistles and I love his game for that and that is what his teammates respond to. When it comes to the extracurriculars, he's a fake tough guy and literally everyone knows it. He's forever getting into bitch fights because no one is afraid of getting tickled by a big ass baby.
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
northoakland510
Starter
And1: 607

Post#164 » by northoakland510 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:29 am

Cutting Cook and keeping House Jr. Should have been a no brainier.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors

Post#165 » by Sleepy51 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:39 am

northoakland510 wrote:Cutting Cook and keeping House Jr. Should have been a no brainier.

He looked well over his head last night.

Can Mckinney bring the ball up?
Coxy
RealGM

Post#166 » by Coxy » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:40 am

Sleepy51 wrote:
Coxy wrote:
Sleepy51 wrote:It was stupid of him to take the bait, but he at least held it together u til the game was decided. You would have polished Draymond’s dome chanting about his “fire” if he’d kicked Beverly in the testies and got ejected in the first quarter. Be just a little consistent once in a while, not because Durant cares, but for the sake of your own credibility please.

Apples and Oranges.

Wow, and you actually managed to do exactly what I predicted and polished Draymond's dome while excusing his idiocy in response to the exact post where I predicted said dome polishing. You have become a :clown:

Steph picked up a tech against Beverly for the same nonsense earlier in the year and yes, it's dumb no matter which one of them does it. Draymond doesn't get a pass for being always extra-dumb.

Yeah OK Sleep, you want to call me out for whatever reason suits your agenda, go ahead I don't give a ****. What KD did was childish and immature, if Draymond did that I would call it out also, same with Steph, Klay, Kareem, MJ, Bill Clinton, Margaret Thatcher, whoever, noone is immune when they do what KD did. Durant SHOULD receive scorn from it, just the same way Lebron, Steph, Harden, Giannis, all the best players in the world should when throwing their dummy out of the pram like he did.

I know Draymond is an ass face on the court, I know he is constantly threatening our success with his outbursts of idiocy, but I accept it because it's all part of his product based on the limited tools he actually has. I don't accept KD, or Steph, or Klay, throwing a tantrum like Draymond would, because that's not their role, they don't need to, they are too talented. Draymond's there to get under the skin of the other team, like Beverley just did yesterday. That personality HAS a definite role in the NBA, just ask Phil Jackson about Rodman and he'll agree. You don't assign that role to a superstar offensive guru though, not hard to understand, and I have no doubt you DO understand this concept, but are just choosing to have a little snipe at me for whatever reason, of which I don't give a **** about.

Carry on though, you're frustration of my enjoyment out of Draymond Green is quite amusing.
northoakland510
Starter

Post#167 » by northoakland510 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:49 am

Sleepy51 wrote:
northoakland510 wrote:Cutting Cook and keeping House Jr. Should have been a no brainier.

He looked well over his head last night.

Can Mckinney bring the ball up?
You have Curry, Draymond, Livingston and Iggy for that. House does more on the floor than Cook. Even if he is not hitting shots he gives all out effort. If Cook is not hitting shots he is a liability on defense.

SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,656

Post#168 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:56 am

The NBA is a league of tantrum throwing babies and has been for 10 years. I am not sure why.

I used to be irritated at the refs for being quick with the Ts for Rodman and Rasheed Wallace but if getting slower to give Ts led to all the whining in the current league then I was wrong because now I am more irritated with the whiny than I was with the refs quick Ts in the past.

I love Draymond's heart, I love his basketball IQ, I like his interviews and think he is funny, and he gets a free pass for being a Warrior, but he sure can be stupid, out of control and whiny.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,656

Post#169 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:05 am

Cook and Livingston are what we have. It would be nice if they did better than expected rather than worse than expected.

You could not play Cook and Livingston but I don't really want to through more responsibility on Klay and Iguodala. I am happy that McKinnie has been playing well but I am not sure if asking him to defend point guards is a good idea. I don't think he has any experience defending point guards. The Warriors have enough ball handling that even if McKinnie was playing point guard on defense he would not have to play point guard at all on offense.
northoakland510
Starter

Post#170 » by northoakland510 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:26 am

SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:Cook and Livingston are what we have. I would be nice if they did better than expected rather than worse than expected.

You could not play Cook and Livingston but I don't really want to through more responsibility on Klay and Iguodala. I am happy that McKinnie has been playing well but I am not sure if asking him to defend point guards is a good idea. I don't think he has any experience defending point guards. The Warriors have enough ball handling that even if McKinnie was playing point guard on defense he would not have to play point guard at all on offense.
I think the only reason Cook is on the team is because of the relationship he has developed with the other players. And being besties with KD doesn't hurt either.

Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors

Post#171 » by Sleepy51 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:43 am

Coxy wrote: if Draymond did that I would call it out also

If this part were even remotely close to true we would not be having this discussion. Don't be a dishonest and a fool. Everything you have posted here is searchable and can be retrieved.

Coxy wrote:same with Steph, Klay, Kareem, MJ, Bill Clinton, Margaret Thatcher, whoever, noone is immune when they do what KD did. Durant SHOULD receive scorn from it, just the same way Lebron, Steph, Harden, Giannis, all the best players in the world should when throwing their dummy out of the pram like he did.

I know Draymond is an ass face on the court, I know he is constantly threatening our success with his outbursts of idiocy, but I accept it because it's all part of his product based on the limited tools he actually has. I don't accept KD, or Steph, or Klay, throwing a tantrum like Draymond would, because that's not their role, they don't need to, they are too talented. Draymond's there to get under the skin of the other team, like Beverley just did yesterday. That personality HAS a definite role in the NBA, just ask Phil Jackson about Rodman and he'll agree. You don't assign that role to a superstar offensive guru though, not hard to understand, and I have no doubt you DO understand this concept, but are just choosing to have a little snipe at me for whatever reason, of which I don't give a **** about.

Carry on though, you're frustration of my enjoyment out of Draymond Green is quite amusing.

I called out a ridiculous hypocrisy when it comes to your take on Draymond vs. Durant. Tantrums and selfish out of control decisions are no more virtuous in Draymond than anyone else. His passion BETWEEN THE WHISTLES is what makes him special. His extracurricular buffoonery and taint slapping is an "in spite of" factor. Not a "because of." When Dray is showing his ass and flapping at scrotums he's not getting under other player's skin, he has let someone else get under his skin. That behavior has consistently harmed the team and it is not at all what gets his teammates fired up. When he makes a huge defensive stop, that fires up his teammates. Whinging at the refs and not getting back on D or pushing and shoving and nut kicking guys who were getting the best if him is not impressing professionals like Curry or Klay. What it has done is cost us a championship in case you forgot. Last I checked, KD's childish, petulant hyper-sensitivity (though not at all my bag baby) hasn't cost us any rings.

Call the balls and strikes legit and there's nothing to call you out on. Take silly positions and hold ridiculous petty grudges against a guy who has balled out for 2 Finals MVPs here is probably going to put you on the losing end of some exchanges. Way it goes.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors

Post#172 » by Sleepy51 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:44 am

northoakland510 wrote:
SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:Cook and Livingston are what we have. I would be nice if they did better than expected rather than worse than expected.

I think the only reason Cook is on the team is because of the relationship he has developed with the other players. And being besties with KD doesn't hurt either.

He's on the team because normally he can shoot the 3ball. His Dapmaster game is weak AF. That can't be it.
northoakland510
Starter

Post#173 » by northoakland510 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:52 am

Sleepy51 wrote:
northoakland510 wrote:

He's on the team because normally he can shoot the 3ball. His Dapmaster game is weak AF. That can't be it.
The sarcasm is funny. But the dude has never been that good, he is just a feel good end of the bench story.

Mylie10
RealGM

Post#174 » by Mylie10 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:45 am

northoakland510 wrote:

He's on the team and in the League because he's a great shooter. Career 42% from 3. 47% overall is good when you shoot most of your shots from range as well. Decent rebounder at 5.3 per 36.

We get it though.....he sux at defense. The guy is 6'2" with no length. What do you expect?

Just please stop with the dumb KD Cook connection, and the Damien Lee Steph connection blah blah blah. If guys can shoot, we can use them. It'd be nice if they could defend better as well.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
svart
Analyst
And1: 3,311

Post#175 » by svart » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:43 am

Sleepy51 wrote: Kevin Durant is a basketball savant, he doesn't need to get into a barking match and then boil over the top when he is winning against a fiery hobbit.

Actually, he did not get into a barking match with beverly, the first tech he received (too easy) was for laughing and clapping.

And i think on the second one he thought he was clear and will not receive another easy one. this is where he was wrong, the refs were throwing techs left and right all evening.

But it's a long way to a mental midget, imo.
''You don't need to be serious to be focused"
Philosopher and basketball player JaVale McGee
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#176 » by Mylie10 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:52 pm

Hey Coxy....did you listen to or see KDs post game in regards to Beverly?

It was pretty cool and it let's you know that the players enjoy the back and forth. They often feed off of the challenges between each other. Durant had solid praise for Beverly. I didn't come away from that thinking mental midget.

However, I do agree that you can't be putting yourself in a position that can cost us a game. I get the feeling KD can control it if necessary to having a huge affect on a series. But I don't get the same feeling that Draond has the ability to shut it off. Maybe, but not so sure.

The mental midget thing just feeds into a social media narrative, and a speculation media that throws so much crap against the wall that gullible fans tend to believe it.

While KD may be somewhat sensitive, so what, lots of people are. Doesn't take away from being a great player.

Whether he stays or not is a 50/50 bet. No more, no less. I could argue either way. So anyone being definitive is fooling themselves and guessing. And his annoyance and senstivitiy to it, don't really matter in the scheme.

And for the real dummies....he ain't staying be ause Quinn Cook is on the team, sheesh.
Khoee wrote “
Scotty2Hotty
Junior
And1: 86

Post#177 » by Scotty2Hotty » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:01 pm

shazam_guy wrote:Bunch of grumpy people here complaining about one of the best teams in NBA history. Hey, be happy -- it's finally the playoffs! Curry played a beautiful game, there was some entertaining drama with KD and Beverley, Dre and Dray were great. Enjoy it while it's here. Someday we won't have this team to root for anymore.

When you've been a fan as long as some of us you learn to live in the moment when it's good, because there have been so many sh*t moments for Warriors fans in the last forty years. Those who don't remember relying on Jason Caffey or an ancient Mookie Blaylock to carry your team, or not having an All-Star for nearly twenty years, don't understand how hilariously wonderful it is to see the Ws throwing six All-Stars onto the court, sometimes playing five of them at the same time.

This is a golden age, folks. You don't get many of them.

^^^^^ Nailed it.
Coxy
RealGM

Post#178 » by Coxy » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:09 pm

Mylie10 wrote:Hey Coxy....did you listen to or see KDs post game in regards to Beverly?

It was pretty cool and it let's you know that the players enjoy the back and forth. They often feed off of the challenges between each other. Durant had solid praise for Beverly. I didn't come away from that thinking mental midget.

However, I do agree that you can't be putting yourself in a position that can cost us a game. I get the feeling KD can control it if necessary to having a huge affect on a series. But I don't get the same feeling that Draond has the ability to shut it off. Maybe, but not so sure.

The mental midget thing just feeds into a social media narrative, and a speculation media that throws so much crap against the wall that gullible fans tend to believe it.

While KD may be somewhat sensitive, so what, lots of people are. Doesn't take away from being a great player.

Whether he stays or not is a 50/50 bet. No more, no less. I could argue either way. So anyone being definitive is fooling themselves and guessing. And his annoyance and senstivitiy to it, don't really matter in the scheme.

And for the real dummies....he ain't staying be ause Quinn Cook is on the team, sheesh.

Yeah I did watch it, he gets the fire from Beverley. He just shouldn't have taken the verbal challenge and gone overboard physically on Beverley. He just let it all get to him, and it showed how easily he can be baited, for no gain whatsoever. Draymond does lose it all the time in this way, and it's shocking that he doesn't get tossed more, but that's his role and we live with it. Hopefully they both learn from this so early in the playoffs and pull their heads in, cause we have enough talent and fire power to win without taking the personal baiting to heart and blowing your cool.

Return to Golden State Warriors