ImageImageImageImageImage

WCR1 Game 2: LAC @ GSW

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Muscles
Senior
And1: 270

Re: WCR1 Game 2: LAC @ GSW 

Post#161 » by Muscles » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:44 am

Blew all time playoff lead of 31 and Cousins is done with a torn quad. Warriors ready to wake the hell up now?
Muscles
Senior
And1: 270

Post#162 » by Muscles » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:46 am

Read on Twitter
Warriorfan
RealGM
And1: 2,700

Post#163 » by Warriorfan » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:47 am

On playing scrubs in the 3rd. Big lead you try to steal minutes especially when a top player in Cousins goes down for maybe the whole playoffs.

Series will now be 6 games. Clippers will get enough confidence to win one in LA while GS readjusts it's
Rotation without Cuz. Looney will have to step up against Harell.
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,153

Post#164 » by cpower » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:47 am

There is something wrong with KD...and Kerr is totally useless in these close games. I dont like our chances vs rockets and bucks at all..
jaymo123
Starter
And1: 763

Post#165 » by jaymo123 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:49 am

Warriorfan wrote:On playing scrubs in the 3rd. Big lead you try to steal minutes especially when a top player in Cousins goes down for maybe the whole playoffs.

Naw, I don't believe in that. You finish that 3rd strong and play the scrubs in the 4th, not the third.
jaymo123
Starter
And1: 763

Post#166 » by jaymo123 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:50 am

cpower wrote:There is something wrong with KD...and Kerr is totally useless in these close games. I dont like our chances vs rockets and bucks at all..

Right now, I have to agree.
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,153

Post#167 » by cpower » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:51 am

Warriorfan wrote:On playing scrubs in the 3rd. Big lead you try to steal minutes especially when a top player in Cousins goes down for maybe the whole playoffs.

that is idiotic by Kerr. He has no sense of urgency coaching these games. Even scrubs like me felt that Curry's foul was huge and we need to be careful because when your star had foul trouble, he will always start cold again in the 4th....I dont believe a top coach like Kerr would never consider any of that.
Phase 3
Veteran
And1: 758

Post#168 » by Phase 3 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:57 am

In all the playoff games the Warriors have played over the past 7 years, I’ve never once questioned the effort of Curry, Klay, or Draymond. Sure they’ve had bad games but it was never an issue of effort.

KD’s effort tonight was insulting. Preseason level effort.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,247

Post#169 » by wco81 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:59 am

cpower wrote:There is something wrong with KD...and Kerr is totally useless in these close games. I dont like our chances vs rockets and bucks at all..

They trap him.

So he passes out of them and gets good looks for others.

He didn’t have a lot of shots but the worst part were the 9 turnovers including 2 offensive fouls.

Kerr just said the Warriors didn’t play well the last quarter and a half, exactly when Curry went out on a bull offensive foul call.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,661

Post#170 » by Coxy » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:01 am

KevinMcreynolds wrote:Can’t see how anyone can blame Kerr for this one. Besides Draymond, nobody played with any effort in the 3rd quarter and they let them back in the game. They looked like some randoms in a rec league game.

I don't blame Kerr, but he could have tried putting KD deep into the post with Beverley on him. I'm talking real deep like a foot away so we could get a good entry pass and KD could just rise up and either score or draw a foul on Bev who was playing suffocatingly close to him. Beverley's crushing shutdown of KD changed the entire 3rd quarter, it gave them serious energy, Kerr could have adjusted because Kevin had no answer and stopped even trying to get free from Patrick.
Badly Browned
Analyst
And1: 326

Post#171 » by Badly Browned » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:07 am

Coxy wrote:
KevinMcreynolds wrote:Can’t see how anyone can blame Kerr for this one. Besides Draymond, nobody played with any effort in the 3rd quarter and they let them back in the game. They looked like some randoms in a rec league game.

I don't blame Kerr, but he could have tried putting KD deep into the post with Beverley on him. I'm talking real deep like a foot away so we could get a good entry pass and KD could just rise up and either score or draw a foul on Bev who was playing suffocatingly close to him. Beverley's crushing shutdown of KD changed the entire 3rd quarter, it gave them serious energy, Kerr could have adjusted because Kevin had no answer and stopped even trying to get free from Patrick.

Problem was it didn't seem like the rest of the team was on the same page with that.

Jim Barnett was getting frustrated by Curry and Green running their defenders into KD when KD was trying to post up.
I'm not going to say that Curry is God. But he is definitely a god. -NeoWarriors
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,588

Post#172 » by HiRez » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:18 am

Thank god we did that last minute signing with Bogut. Who knows how long Cousins will be out but according to Papa, it's 2 weeks to rest of season.
SFrush
Sixth Man
And1: 778

Post#173 » by SFrush » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:09 am

I feel for Kerr because I don't know what else he can do or say to get this team to value possessions. We lost that margin and let them get 10 more shots than us.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,688

Post#174 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:55 am

Coxy wrote:

Posting KD seems obvious.
KD has been shooting over people his whole career. When KD is in a rhythm he is undefendable. Breaking KD rhythm and messing with his head is how to defend KD.

Some of the offensive fouls by KD did not look right. Beverly gets to put his hands all over KD and it is al OK off the ball because there is no such thing as an off the ball foul in the playoffs but then how did KD get off the ball offensive fouls. Beverly hugs KD and then all the sudden goes flopping backwards.

Posting up should let KD work his frustration out.
thunderdunk
Bench Warmer
And1: 185

Post#175 » by thunderdunk » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:12 am

Looks like Boogie is out for the duration.Thankful Bogut is there, but will he be healthy for the rest of the playoffs? Dubs look very vulnerable to me. The Dubs need another center. Jones is too soft, even when healthy. Last night's game was a total collapse. Hopeful that it doesn't foretell a much bigger concern going forward. Question -- is it too late to sign West, if they shut down Boogie for the rest of the playoffs?
Swift21
General Manager
And1: 457

Post#176 » by Swift21 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:25 am

43 Turnovers in 2 games and it easily should have been more. This is not going to get better until KD, Steph and Draymond stop making dumb ill advised passes. This team even struggles with simple entry passes because they take terrible angles to make the entry pass.
superunknown
Bench Warmer
And1: 430

Post#177 » by superunknown » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:32 am

bad L, cannot allow a comeback down 31 points in your home. let's hope this wakes them up and go L.A. to ravage the staple centre.
they should've buried the clippers in the second half, up 31 points they shoould've go for a +40 rather than start to fool around.
GswStorm3
Assistant Coach
And1: 308

Post#178 » by GswStorm3 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:07 am

likashing wrote:The whole team played bad but I'm surprised Kerr and Adams had no adjustment when Lou goes off. Lou going off is maybe the only 1 or 2 things the Clippers can hang with us. They just kept playing him straight up and prayed he would start missing?

He's dicing us up even when we send help. Most talk about his scoring and rightfully so but his passing has been incredible.
GswStorm3
Assistant Coach
And1: 308

Post#179 » by GswStorm3 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:09 am

thunderdunk wrote:Looks like Boogie is out for the duration.Thankful Bogut is there, but will he be healthy for the rest of the playoffs? Dubs look very vulnerable to me. The Dubs need another center. Jones is too soft, even when healthy. Last night's game was a total collapse. Hopeful that it doesn't foretell a much bigger concern going forward. Question -- is it too late to sign West, if they shut down Boogie for the rest of the playoffs?

Let's hope so. If he can we'll be fine with him and Looney giving us 20 minutes each at center.
Swift21
General Manager
And1: 457

Post#180 » by Swift21 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:19 am

GswStorm3 wrote:
likashing wrote:The whole team played bad but I'm surprised Kerr and Adams had no adjustment when Lou goes off. Lou going off is maybe the only 1 or 2 things the Clippers can hang with us. They just kept playing him straight up and prayed he would start missing?

He's dicing us up even when we send help. Most talk about his scoring and rightfully so but his passing has been incredible.

Yep this is like trying to defend Kyrie with better passing ability.

Return to Golden State Warriors