WCR1 Game 2: LAC @ GSW

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,829

Re: WCR1 Game 2: LAC @ GSW 

Post#181 » by cdubbz » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:19 pm

sigh
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,162

Post#182 » by cpower » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:27 pm

anyone who was interested should look at the game play by play log and see our lineup changes in the 3rd....WILD
Iguodala played only 2 mins in the 3rd, Livingston did not play in the 3rd
Bell played 4 mins...Cook played 9 mins
McKinnie was quickly subbed in for Klay and subbed out after 40 secs..Poor guy probably does not know what happened..
Warriorfan
RealGM
And1: 2,702

Post#183 » by Warriorfan » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:30 pm

jaymo123 wrote:
Warriorfan wrote:On playing scrubs in the 3rd. Big lead you try to steal minutes especially when a top player in Cousins goes down for maybe the whole playoffs.

Naw, I don't believe in that. You finish that 3rd strong and play the scrubs in the 4th, not the third.

If the scrubs hold the line somewhat all the stars get the 4th off as well because opponents will give this game up. It's what the Warriors did in the past.
Warriorfan
RealGM
And1: 2,702

Post#184 » by Warriorfan » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:36 pm

cpower wrote:anyone who was interested should look at the game play by play log and see our lineup changes in the 3rd....WILD
McKinnie was quickly subbed in for Klay and subbed out after 40 secs..Poor guy probably does not know what happened..

Kerr was resting the old guys and Cook was there to score as the only sub who could. Leads are less secure because we had one of the least scoring benches in the NBA. Depth was sacraficed for Boogie .
cpower
RealGM

Post#185 » by cpower » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:50 pm

Warriorfan wrote:
cpower wrote:anyone who was interested should look at the game play by play log and see our lineup changes in the 3rd....WILD

Kerr was resting the old guys and Cook was there to score as the only sub who could. Leads are less secure because we had one of the least scoring benches in the NBA. Depth was sacraficed for Boogie .

this is the playoffs and money is on the line right now. Why are all other coaches playing 8 men rotation but Kerr sticks with 13? If depth was an issue he should have played less players not everyone on the team.
Frozzy
Starter
And1: 2,021

Post#186 » by Frozzy » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:33 pm

ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,411

Post#187 » by ILOVEIT » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:04 pm

cpower wrote:There is something wrong with KD...and Kerr is totally useless in these close games. I dont like our chances vs rockets and bucks at all..

There is something wrong. It's the biggest and longest pout job I've ever seen. I think he got tired of being told not to play ISO ball so he's sulking game after game....almost as though he wants to see the team beg him to win it for them with ISO ball.
Clearly it's just a guess...but who knows. His body langue and attitude looks like a guy that has already checked out and is doing the Warriors a favor or something by playing out the string.

I wouldn't be surprised if after the season we hear that there was a major blow up and KD said I'm out....and the team just agreed to play out the season professionally.

That's what it looks like...like KD is done....wants to move on but has to play the rest of the year :banghead:
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,411

Post#188 » by ILOVEIT » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:07 pm

Total choke game by Kerr and the players.

I hate that the Warriors are going to have to play one more game against the Clippers that didn't have to play :(
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,174

Post#189 » by watch1958 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:16 pm

cpower wrote:
KevinMcreynolds wrote:Can’t see how anyone can blame Kerr for this one. Besides Draymond, nobody played with any effort in the 3rd quarter and they let them back in the game. They looked like some randoms in a rec league game.

nobody in the right mind would play Bell, McKinney, and Cook in a playoff game together. Why is Kerr not repecting his opponents?
When were Bell, McKinney and Cook on the floor together?
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
cpower
RealGM

Post#190 » by cpower » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:26 pm

watch1958 wrote:
cpower wrote:
KevinMcreynolds wrote:Can’t see how anyone can blame Kerr for this one. Besides Draymond, nobody played with any effort in the 3rd quarter and they let them back in the game. They looked like some randoms in a rec league game.

nobody in the right mind would play Bell, McKinney, and Cook in a playoff game together. Why is Kerr not repecting his opponents?

i checked and McKinney, Cook was played together and Bell Cook was played together earlier. My point is Bell and McKinney should not play at all. Iggy and Livingston needs to play more mins so was Curry (with foul trouble).
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,337

Post#191 » by KevinMcreynolds » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:32 pm

cpower wrote:

Because they were up by 31 at home against a team with mediocre talent?

Charles Jenkins, Mikki Moore and Chris Hunter should have been able to hold that lead.
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,321

Post#192 » by Sleepy51 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:38 pm

We've looked bad in the minutes where KD and Klay try to carry out bench throughout the year. As much as I like Cook's ability to hit the 3, he really can't do anything else against playoff competition if that. Livingston has been less impactful this year, particularly on the defensive end. The backup bigs are trash. McKinnie is our one positive impact reserve, but he thrives on being disregarded when on the floor with more impactful players around him.

The hard lesson for Kerr here is that he will have to play the normal rotation until well into 4th quarters regardless of the score.

Playoff rotations go 9 deep at most and 8 deep is preferable. Time to cut loose the dead weight but that means multiple starters can't be in foul trouble.
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
likashing
Head Coach
And1: 1,959

Post#193 » by likashing » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:45 pm

I think we will be fine. I just don’t like it why we still need a wake up call in the 1st round of the playoffs.
Mark Jackson wrote:Playoff preparation is overrated... I’m going to get my rest. I’m not going to grow old and be stressed out and get gray hair.
Badly Browned
Analyst
And1: 326

Post#194 » by Badly Browned » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:56 pm

cpower wrote:
watch1958 wrote:
cpower wrote:nobody in the right mind would play Bell, McKinney, and Cook in a playoff game together. Why is Kerr not repecting his opponents?

i checked and McKinney, Cook was played together and Bell Cook was played together earlier. My point is Bell and McKinney should not play at all. Iggy and Livingston needs to play more mins so was Curry (with foul trouble).

Nah.

McKinnie has his uses, he's always hounding the glass and he's been hitting the 3 ball for the past few weeks. Bell I'm less sure of, but Cousins' injury might force him into some minutes regardless. /gulp

Certainly, Iguodala needed to be inserted into that 3rd quarter muuuuuuuuch sooner. IIRC, Shaun was questionable with knee soreness before the game, so Kerr wasn't going to push his minutes in any circumstance.
I'm not going to say that Curry is God. But he is definitely a god. -NeoWarriors
cpower
RealGM

Post#195 » by cpower » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:04 pm

Badly Browned wrote:
cpower wrote:
watch1958 wrote:When were Bell, McKinney and Cook on the floor together?

Nah.

McKinnie has his uses, he's always hounding the glass and he's been hitting the 3 ball for the past few weeks. Bell I'm less sure of, but Cousins' injury might force him into some minutes regardless. /gulp

Certainly, Iguodala needed to be inserted into that 3rd quarter muuuuuuuuch sooner. IIRC, Shaun was questionable with knee soreness before the game, so Kerr wasn't going to push his minutes in any circumstance.

There is a reason why coaches play 8 men rotation. Kerr is too cute with his random lineups and it will come back bite us again
Badly Browned
Analyst
And1: 326

Post#196 » by Badly Browned » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:09 pm

cpower wrote:
Badly Browned wrote:
cpower wrote:i checked and McKinney, Cook was played together and Bell Cook was played together earlier. My point is Bell and McKinney should not play at all. Iggy and Livingston needs to play more mins so was Curry (with foul trouble).

Nah.

There is a reason why coaches play 8 men rotation. Kerr is too cute with his random lineups and it will come back bite us again

This was a game with an early injury to Cousins throwing the entire rotation out of whack, Klay getting into foul trouble in the 2nd quarter and subbed out, Curry getting into foul trouble in the 3rd quarter and subbed out, and Durant fouling out of the game in the 4th. Even Iguodala had 5 fouls in 26 minutes.

Even if Kerr had the intention of going with an 8-9 man rotation, injuries and whistles would have made that impossible.

That said, in hindsight Iguodala should've re-entered the game much sooner, and Bell never should've entered the game over Looney.
I'm not going to say that Curry is God. But he is definitely a god. -NeoWarriors
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,321

Post#197 » by Sleepy51 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:21 pm

likashing wrote:I think we will be fine. I just don’t like it why we still need a wake up call in the 1st round of the playoffs.

The starters were boning the clips sideways. The wake up call here was to shorten the rotation. Bell and cook are injury reserves.
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
Samurai
General Manager
And1: 2,893

Post#198 » by Samurai » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:24 pm

Agree. I figured anyone could see that our rotations would be screwed up with two starters, Curry and Cousins, unable to play their normal times, but I clearly overestimated.

I don't recall seeing Williams or Harrell beating Kerr to the bucket a single time, but I must have been watching a different game.
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,174

Post#199 » by watch1958 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:30 pm

cpower wrote:
watch1958 wrote:
cpower wrote:nobody in the right mind would play Bell, McKinney, and Cook in a playoff game together. Why is Kerr not repecting his opponents?

Oh. I thought your point was that Kerr was out of his mind and disrespecting the Clips by playing all three together. (Since that is what you said.)
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,337

Post#200 » by KevinMcreynolds » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:17 pm

Bell and Zo playing 3 minutes is definitely the reason we blew a 31 point lead and not that our three best players (Steph, Klay and KD) were god awful in the 2nd half and nobody (but Dray) played any defense.
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett

Return to Golden State Warriors