ImageImageImageImageImage

How sick of this biased broadcast team are you?

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

DonaldSanders
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,952

How sick of this biased broadcast team are you? 

Post#1 » by DonaldSanders » Mon Jun 3, 2019 6:12 am

For years this breen, jackson, van gundy team has been the "go to" broadcast team for Warriors playoff games. They're consistently the most biased announcing team I've ever endured as a Warriors fan. This is the only announcing team I've yelled "**** you guys" multiple times during the game for how biased they are. We all know why Jackson is so biased. Not sure why Breen/Gundy are the way they are.

So many times when it's all ball and the W's are called for a foul they say nothing... sometimes not even a replay. Anytime the W's aren't called for a foul and it's close it's like a 2 minute discussion with Jackson ranting about how it was "clearly" contact.

I saw stuff like Vanvleet shove Curry 3 times in the span of 2 seconds while Curry was called for a foul but it's not even mentioned as "maybe that could have gone either way"

At this point I enjoy the Warriors disappointing the announcers by winning too. The only thing I can think of as to why we keep getting these biased clowns is that the national audience is mostly rooting against the Warriors, so this kind of tone/posture fits in with the "home crowd"'s preference. I know I'm biased as a Warriors fan, but I never feel like this except for this crew. Any other crew in the playoffs has been fine. Reggie/Web/Harlan no problem.
Outside
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,248

Re: How sick of this biased broadcast team are you? 

Post#2 » by Outside » Mon Jun 3, 2019 6:19 am

I was sick of Mark Jackson before he coached the Warriors. I wasn't thrilled with the hire but figured it would improve my life by getting him out of announcing.

I used to think Van Gundy was okay, but I've soured on him big time the past couple of years. His biases show through so much. He was unbearable in the Houston series, being a former Rockets coach and apparently still attached to them.

Breen is good. He gets infected by Jackson and Van Gundy, but put him with capable commentators and he'd be just fine. He gets a free pass for his call of Curry's shot to beat OKC in 2016 in the regular season.

If they really get to bugging me, I watch the game with the sound off. I should've done that tonight.
BG
Sixth Man
And1: 458

Post#3 » by BG » Mon Jun 3, 2019 6:29 am

i hate these clowns, makes winning that much sweeter when they are announcing our games.
Warriors!!!
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,661

Post#4 » by Coxy » Mon Jun 3, 2019 6:56 am

Breen is great, JVG is funny and a bit of a whack job, mark Jackson just flat out wants the Warriors to lose and he's boring to boot.
badass316
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,075

Post#5 » by badass316 » Mon Jun 3, 2019 8:00 am

Van Gundy and Jackson are extremely biased against GS. They don't even try to be discreet about it anymore. I don't get the same sense from Breen but he may get caught up in it once in a while.
Frozzy
Starter
And1: 2,021

Post#6 » by Frozzy » Mon Jun 3, 2019 8:23 am

Yep... and whenever JVG says something nice about the Warriors. It sounds like he has a gun to his head.

Still a fan of Breen though, I just think he can influenced by the 2 sometimes
tasball
Senior
And1: 57

Post#7 » by tasball » Mon Jun 3, 2019 9:04 am

The Raptors commentators are worse.

Whinge if they were having one!
superunknown
Bench Warmer
And1: 430

Post#8 » by superunknown » Mon Jun 3, 2019 10:14 am

they are sick.
it's ridiculous how biased van gundy and jackson are. it's not something new, but over the years they're getting worse and worse to the point you either sound the TV off or leave your ears bleeding. before it was noticeable yet tolerable, now it's plain crap.
maybe warriors fans should stage a protest, flooding ABC with emails and tweets against these two sickening commentators.
it's national TV for crying out loud, not some second rate local sport team channel.
svart
Analyst
And1: 3,386

Post#9 » by svart » Mon Jun 3, 2019 1:05 pm

DonaldSanders wrote:
So many times when it's all ball and the W's are called for a foul they say nothing... sometimes not even a replay. Anytime the W's aren't called for a foul and it's close it's like a 2 minute discussion with Jackson ranting about how it was "clearly" contact.

This is my favorite crew, Breen is very good, JVG is a funny guy, and you cannot buy the involuntary humor Jackson is so full of, beside ****.

But i just observed the same, and this time it bothered me because it was exactly the opposite. Nobody is that blind, to see hand on hand and to state it was all ball. i cannot understand it either.

I was just talking to a friend of mine who lives alternatively Romania and Toronto area, a few month at the times, and roots for Raptors of course. He said people are saying the refs were favoring the dubs. And people are saying this because. And those people heard it from idiots like these.
i asked him if he watched the game (i knew he did, he's using my League pass account) and saw anything of sort. he admitted that he didn't, but hey, people are talking about it so it must be some truth to it. I'm getting sick af of these narratives
''You don't need to be serious to be focused"
Philosopher and basketball player JaVale McGee
East Bay Sports
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,559

Post#10 » by East Bay Sports » Mon Jun 3, 2019 3:00 pm

Replace Mark Jackson with Doris Burke and you'd have a sick trio.

JVG and Breen are great.
a8bil
Analyst
And1: 1,674

Post#11 » by a8bil » Mon Jun 3, 2019 3:36 pm

Very.
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,763

Post#12 » by Johnny Bball » Mon Jun 3, 2019 3:42 pm

Maybe this is a good place to ask this. Trying to figure out who I was sitting near. He was interviewed by a warriors camera crew for about five minutes. Middle aged black dude, white framed glasses, long haired fro, beard, white warriors wind breaker, sitting with wife who has the sides of her head shaved.
BW32
Lead Assistant
And1: 761

Post#13 » by BW32 » Mon Jun 3, 2019 6:58 pm

The one that gets to me is how JVG keeps trying to take shots at Bogut, I know Jackson and Andrew didn't get along and I get JVG and MJ are friends so side with your friend but how are you gonna be such a clown that you take shots at a guy on TV when you weren't there, you have no idea what happened or didn't happen.

It was a joy to watch JVG after game 6 in HOU tho, he was legit shook like the rest of their fans, just speechless and angry.
Flash Falcon X
General Manager
And1: 4,706

Post#14 » by Flash Falcon X » Mon Jun 3, 2019 7:32 pm

I like Breen.

Here's a hilarious take I saw about a year back:

On the General Board there was a thread about broadcasters posters dislike. Someone said he realy disliked Breen just because he said "BANG!" twice instead of just once during that Steph Curry game winner at OKC back in 2016. It's like wow, people hate the Warriors so much they even get mad if a commentator gets too excited for one of their plays. Lol.
#DubNation
DoItALL9
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,272

Post#15 » by DoItALL9 » Mon Jun 3, 2019 8:29 pm

Flash Falcon X wrote:I like Breen.

Here's a hilarious take I saw about a year back:

On the General Board there was a thread about broadcasters posters dislike. Someone said he realy disliked Breen just because he said "BANG!" twice instead of just once during that Steph Curry game winner at OKC back in 2016. It's like wow, people hate the Warriors so much they even get mad if a commentator gets too excited for one of their plays. Lol.
Feels like he should say it 3 times when he hits one of his humongous 3s

Sent from my LG-H872 using RealGM mobile app
shazam_guy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,136

Post#16 » by shazam_guy » Mon Jun 3, 2019 9:16 pm

Outside wrote:I was sick of Mark Jackson before he coached the Warriors. I wasn't thrilled with the hire but figured it would improve my life by getting him out of announcing.

This is exactly what my friend said who was living in NY at the time -- he's an old Warriors fan like me. "At least we won't have to listen to him announcing games."

Jackson is as salty as the last stale bits of popcorn in the bottom of the bowl.
Outside
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,248

Post#17 » by Outside » Mon Jun 3, 2019 10:18 pm

Someone on the GB thread posted this angle showing Danny Green bumping Klay from behind, which caused Klay to stick his leg out, which resulted in the hammy injury.

Read on Twitter

Yet JVG went on about this being an example of players doing stuff to draw fouls. You'd think someone with his knowledge and experience would know enough to not jump to conclusions, but nooo.
Samurai
General Manager
And1: 2,892

Post#18 » by Samurai » Mon Jun 3, 2019 10:58 pm

Outside wrote:Someone on the GB thread posted this angle showing Danny Green bumping Klay from behind, which caused Klay to stick his leg out, which resulted in the hammy injury.

Read on Twitter

Yet JVG went on about this being an example of players doing stuff to draw fouls. You'd think someone with his knowledge and experience would know enough to not jump to conclusions, but nooo.

Well, JVG could say that he was correct in that it did draw a foul; the ref just forgot to blow his whistle. He just missed the part that Klay went up straight and his legs didn't spread until Green bumped him on the landing.

On the GB, there is some crazy poster that after seeing the video insists that there was NO contact!!! Like the guy putting his hands over his eyes yelling "I see NOTHING!"
oaktownwarriors87
RealGM
And1: 4,354

Post#19 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Mon Jun 3, 2019 11:02 pm

Samurai wrote:
Outside wrote:Someone on the GB thread posted this angle showing Danny Green bumping Klay from behind, which caused Klay to stick his leg out, which resulted in the hammy injury.

Read on Twitter

Well, JVG could say that he was correct in that it did draw a foul; the ref just forgot to blow his whistle. He just missed the part that Klay went up straight and his legs didn't spread until Green bumped him on the landing.

On the GB, there is some crazy poster that after seeing the video insists that there was NO contact!!! Like the guy putting his hands over his eyes yelling "I see NOTHING!"

I'd like to see JVG get hip checked mid air by Danny Green and see how he lands
cdubbz wrote:Donte DiVincenzo will outplay Poole this season.
donkeylips
Veteran
And1: 1,305

Post#20 » by donkeylips » Tue Jun 4, 2019 12:18 am

I like Breen but can’t stand Van Gundy and Jackson. I was hoping the lakers would hire them so we wouldn’t have to listen to them
I can hawk a loogie eight feet in the air and catch it with my tongue.

Return to Golden State Warriors